Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

I "Accidentally" Made Dodo Ikire (dódó Íkiré) Here's The Process. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I "Accidentally" Made Dodo Ikire (dódó Íkiré) Here's The Process. (576 Views)

The Process Of Drying Crayfish (Video) / My Dodo (fried Plantains) Gallery. / How To Make Dodo Ikire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I "Accidentally" Made Dodo Ikire (dódó Íkiré) Here's The Process. by Jeunge: 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
grin
Ha, this will be a short one guys,
So basically, I mistakenly inserted the cartridge for cook mode instead of lazy, and some plantains were lying around almost spoiled of course, well, being lazy I just did my thing and guess what, it started turning to something familiar kiss

So here the organised steps.
(I do have a video on youtube, obviously)
Scroll down for it. i actually planned on remaking the video so I had to organise the steps

Supplies
1) really ripe plantains
2) unrefined Palm oil, the red one (1 PET coke size per plantain on average)
3) salt
4) dried pepper (with whole seeds shocked)

equipment
Knife
Sieve/muslin cloth (ogi cloth)
Pestle (if you want)

process
Masticate the plantain (guy abeg remove the peels),
You can use your hands to squish it up or use the pestle to pound it, and mix in your pepper (I am not respondsible for any damage or injury oh).
When it is a smooth paste, like no lumps as such, heat up your red oil, allow it to...... How do I put this oh? Allow it to gbá very well.
Add the paste enmass and stir very well, and turn down the heat small, keep checking and stirring and and checking and stirring, like 2-3 min interval.
When the golden brown is a little past golden, remove from heat, let it sit in the oil till it cools a bit then you can.....

Transfer to the sieve or muslin cloth

Leave it in the oil to reheat later until it is truly "black"

=================the end?===============

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6UK4MXP040
Re: I "Accidentally" Made Dodo Ikire (dódó Íkiré) Here's The Process. by Jeunge: 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
Forgot to ask, are the steps nicely presented and do you think I should remake the vid?
Re: I "Accidentally" Made Dodo Ikire (dódó Íkiré) Here's The Process. by mariahAngel(f): 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2021
Jeunge:
Forgot to ask, are the steps nicely presented and do you think I should remake the vid?

A picture of it would have been nice.
Re: I "Accidentally" Made Dodo Ikire (dódó Íkiré) Here's The Process. by Jeunge: 3:16pm On Jul 13, 2021
mariahAngel:

A picture of it would have been nice.

That's true, I don't have pics from the first time cry, so this is a challenge now.
I will remake it maybe over the weekend and post the pictures here. grin
Re: I "Accidentally" Made Dodo Ikire (dódó Íkiré) Here's The Process. by mariahAngel(f): 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2021
Jeunge:

That's true, I don't have pics from the first time cry, so this is a challenge now.
I will remake it maybe over the weekend and post the pictures here. grin

I’ll look out for it.

I made dodo ikire one time...more like the urban dodo ikire cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rite Foods Partners With Food Meets Naija Initiative To End Hunger In Nigeria / Pls Who Knws Groundnut Oil Deports In Lagos / Which One Was Your Favourite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.