Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? (15787 Views)

Npc Special Work Force Trainee / Work Force Virtual Interview Invite / Please Who Else Received This Mail From Work Force Group. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by Klass99(f): 1:37pm On Jul 16, 2021
smiley
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by tosinhtml: 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
Klass99:
I think they still exist, but Hot Nigerian Jobs and My Job Mag are great sites for job searching.

I heard Workforce has a bad rep for ghosting candidates after pre-employment screening.

It is not a surprise that they belittled you, it's a very lousy recruitment firm. I don't know about Dragnet though.

Lol grin, which one are you talking about? Workforce or Dragnet?

LinkedIn nko ? Did you ever get any jobs via LinkedIn?

I think the best way for me to get jobs now is by just beefing up my profile and then setting my profile to allow recruiters reach me.
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by wunmi590(m): 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2021
[quote author=Klass99 post=103768751]I think they still exist, but Hot Nigerian Jobs and My Job Mag are great sites for job searching.

I heard Workforce has a bad rep for ghosting candidates after pre-employment screening.

It is not a surprise that they belittled you, it's a very lousy recruitment firm. I don't know about Dragnet though.

Lol grin, which one are you talking about? Workforce or Dragnet?

Both of them...

They are bird of the same feather...

I have never applied through them before, but I have alot of people who have...

Beside, me no dey play with my salary, because once they recruit you for company, they will cut cut your salary...

I love direct emoyement wink
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by brightDdon(m): 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2021
[qu[color=#006600][/color]ote author=phemmylink post=103672295]I remember my job hunting days,… those days I suffered hen? I thought I was dumb, I went for interviews with workforce and wrote loads of test on the dragnet platform… Omo those guys belittled me, I bought GMAT text book because of em, and I get lousy mails about how I didn’t meet up to their stupid criteria, it was depressing.. However, when God says it’s your time, No man can say otherwise. I wrote a test with one of the biggest Pharma firms in Nigeria and I passed, been working there since… about 8 years now, am not where I wanna be but I am not where I was… [/quote]

I like that your last line.
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by onyioyeezah(f): 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2021
Dragnet is still very much around. Recently took a test which they coordinated.
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by NewFolm4(m): 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2021
I just overlook them of recent. One lady later called me saying she's from Dragnet.

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by Vireani79: 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2021
Octopusbottle:
Makes me remember wen I graduated then and was looking for job,so I got msg to come write a test by dragnet.i had prepared all night to get to the venue at ikeja side,only for the test to start "thank God I read the guidelines before starting the test,each question required 2 answer,me just weak ,just started doing Baba dada random picking..dey made me look stupid...I didn't even wait to collect pple fone number ,I just left in anger that have waste transport

U be olodo smiley
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by dsamedaniels(m): 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
Everyone posting testimonies of how u all escaped then and making it now. Some one kind please cut soap for me na. I need connection too. 09031773339
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by omenpetrol: 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2021
Klass99:

Laff wan finish me.

Did anything come out of this your suffer head hustle? As in, did you find work in any of those VI companies you trekked to submit CV at?

Trekking yielded nothing I even bounced at UBA gate.

Overall, Yes I work in a Bank in VI. But not directly through the hustle. The first job was through networking...Current Bank job was through friends I made while on the first job.

4 Likes

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by Klass99(f): 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2021
smiley

7 Likes

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by cdieli(m): 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2021
Dragnet made me look stupid. I was studying GMAT like a mad man. Once upon a time I went for Fidelity Bank interview one of there HR asked me a question I couldn't answer it, she just made a comment what's the name of your school again, I told her she said so you can't defend your school again. Now na Fidelity bank staff calls me and ask me how you dey. I own large quantity of there stock. It can only be God

11 Likes

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by Klass99(f): 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
smiley
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by delpee(f): 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
Workforce still exists.
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by tosinhtml: 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2021
Klass99:

On LinkedIn, never.

But, here's the thing I don't have a LinkedIn Profile, I've never had and I'm not sure if I ever will. My CV, cover letter and those two sites are all the tools I use to land interviews/jobs.

Those sites are authentic and they really work. I didn't know anybody or didn't need to know anybody to land a job at the organizations I did. I just followed a process and got there, so never buy into that crap that in Nigeria you need to know someone to get a job,

People evolve though I may change and later create a LinkedIn Profile, but my CV, cover letter are all the tools and they often work for me.

Alright i know some few people who don't have a LinkedIn profile too and they have great jobs. I think it also depends on the kind of jobs.

Some companies, especially big private ones believe in efficiency more than connection or referrals. It gives you self confidence.

One thing i discourage people from is one man company. They usually behave like King Herod.

7 Likes

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by adedapodvirus001(m): 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2021
deepwater:
They bleeped up that year
Recall that EXXONMOBIL test period
When boys were predicting and releasing future questions for on line.

Major companies would always shy away from integrity issues and this certainly reduces patronage.

That is why I always tell industry captains, please make sure you take and put your staff welfare as number 1. Give them the best salary packages so they would not be compromised.

Those days you will see dragnet staff looking so hungry and unkempt! Even the degree holders amongst them and ubthink say to work for chevron abd exxonmobil no sweat them abi.?

Immediately I finished the ExxonMobil test that year, I said to my self that any invite from Dragnet will never see my green light again.
Wicked organisation.

Thank God for everything.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by FarahAideed: 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2021
deepwater:
When boys were predicting and releasing future questions for on line.

Major companies would always shy away from integrity issues and this certainly reduces patronage.

That is why I always tell industry captains, please make sure you take and put your staff welfare as number 1. Give them the best salary packages so they would not be compromised.

Those days you will see dragnet staff looking so hungry and unkempt! Even the degree holders amongst them and ubthink say to work for chevron abd exxonmobil no sweat them abi.?

No matter what you pay Nigerians they must still opt for corruption
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by adedapodvirus001(m): 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2021
Immediately I finished the ExxonMobil test that year, I said to my self that any invite from Dragnet will never see my green light again.
Wicked organisation.

Thank God for everything.
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by staphcures: 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Unemployment Don cause so many evils for this contraption
. So Many Evils
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by Timekeeper: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2021
cdieli:
Dragnet made me look stupid. I was studying GMAT like a mad man. Once upon a time I went for Fidelity Bank interview one of there HR asked me a question I couldn't answer it, she just made a comment what's the name of your school again, I told her she said so you can't defend your school again. Now na Fidelity bank staff calls me and ask me how you dey. I own large quantity of there stock. It can only be God

Great one sir.. God bless you

Kindly help me sir, I will be rounding up my youth service in the next 2 months.

God bless sir
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by smartNerd: 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but
in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by leighcon(m): 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2021
The thread is not stupid, it is a content for a future Google search. Google would only find a content that was once created.

Now ask again if the thread is indeed stupid.

EdoFirstBorn:
Yes in my garage is where their office is ?

Learn to use Google and not create stupid threads that you could just search on Google you are littering front page with jargon

9 Likes

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by obonujoker(m): 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2021
Never applied through Dragnet again since 2014...
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by flexyrule(m): 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
SHL, Workforce, Dragnet, etc practiced and took those tests till writing their exams became like practicing past questions

ExxonMobil, Total, NLNG, NBC, NB, etc Name it.... I was just a regular....

The only hurdle that was difficult to cross was the Interviews. I was just 21 with no work experience.

Very fine memories.

I used to chew GMATS then like sugarcane.

In all, thank God for where I am today. Very soon, we'll own a bank!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by johnnobles: 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2021
Dey fall my hands too. All the oil company I applied for then through dragnet did not work out. Bought GMAT, GRE and others yet no way! I gave up on oil jobs and move to other multinational,with there experience I passed Guinness aptitude test and Nestle's at the same period.... Dragnet Sabi drag person backwards and if you insist on them you fit fall on there net,!

1 Like

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by Usernamesucks: 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2021
deepwater:
When boys were predicting and releasing future questions on line.

Those days you would see dragnet staff looking so hungry and unkempt! Even the degree holders amongst them and u think say to work for chevron abd exxonmobil no sweat them abi.?

We had to rewrite that test. Men don old small oo
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by Kokaine(m): 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
Let's try to create our own jobs and brands for our kids to have a landing spot after school oh

Because now the thing don worse self.

1 Like

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by easzypeaszy(m): 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
Workforce is worst grin grin grin
Dragnet over sabi is too much

2 Likes

Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by slex(m): 2:50pm On Jul 16, 2021
phemmyfour:
yes
Those days of workforce, hrindexx, people prime, dragnet, Mactay...... If you know, you know

Yes..

Dragnet, workforce, hrindexx and mactay..

Experienced them that year
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by EdoFirstBorn(m): 2:59pm On Jul 16, 2021
leighcon:
The thread is not stupid, it is a content for a future Google search. Google would only find a content that was once created.

Now ask again if the thread is indeed stupid.

Yes it is a stupid question and your explanation is so elementary and ridiculous

Please go away
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by HajiaNotu: 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2021
Dragnet
Re: Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist? by HajiaNotu: 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2021
Dragnet.
I wrote Cadbury test then, Omo see queue
We thank God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? / The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. / Just Got A Job Through Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.