Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) (3380 Views)

2 Nigerians Impersonate Bruno Mars, Scam A 63-Year-Old Texas Woman (Pix) / Interesting Chats Between A Yahoo Boy Trying To Scam A Smart Nigerian Man / Man Arrested For Using An Empty Banana Island House To Scam A Porsche Seller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,

Ever heard of Bifrica Invetsment or even their newly revised name Bitofrica Investment before? Perhaps I should let you check their web page which is full of juicy but fake promises of huge returns on investment (4 percent daily for the 3 days option and 12 percent daily for the 10 days option). Sounds crazy and unreal right? Well, that’s what I felt too when I first got the scam spam mail in my inbox which led me to their website.

You can check out bitfrica dot com or bitofrica dot com for more though I will be sharing images of screenshots of details of their fake promises all over their website and the step by step process of how they attract one to make investment of funds varying from N2,000 to as much as N5,000,000!!!

So this regretful journey (which I am about to narrate to ensure that many more Nigerians don’t fall victim too) began after I clicked on the invitation link that was included in the introductory mail that was sent to me. (See attached screenshot while the image of what their homepage looks like follows).

This naturally got my interest (as a typical inquisitive , adventurous and..okay maybe a little bit greedy Nigerian and eager to make quick big bucks ��‍♂️�) so I registered on their platform to get more details on how this money spinning Promise works.

As stated earlier, they have two investment packages, 4% daily interest yield for 3 days (which is for N2,000 and N10,000) while the 12% daily yield package lasts for 10 days and the amount required for investment here ranges from N50,000, N100,000 up till N5,000,000. (An activation fee of N1,500 is also required to make you eligible to invest in any of the above packages). It was later that I realized that all these funds are collected with no intention or plan whatsoever to refund any investor!! The more detailed introductory mail that they sent to my mail box after making further inquiry in their chat box claims that they have over 400,000 current investors all over Africa!!

Talking about their claim of operations across Africa, they also have a very crafty and highly deceptive brag of presence in 3 African countries (Nigeria, Uganda and South Africa, their supposed base) and so they have a “Latest Payment” / “Payment Statistics” icon on their home page which shows a long list of fake yet believable names of investors that they keep paying out to almost every minute!! (see attached screenshot of that page as well)

Modified after discovering that they have continued same scam Modus Operandi using a slightly different name BITOFRICA.

BITOFRICA IS A HUGE SIMILAR SCAM. SAME OWNER IS THE BITFRICA GUYS!!

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2021
Having seen this supposed payout to people from 3 African countries with real names (actually googled many of those names and saw Facebook profiles for most of them), Mumuuu meeee (in Lasisi elenu’s voice) got quite hooked and made payment for the activation fee of N1,500 and the smallest investment package of N2,000 in hopes of making the withdrawal of the capital and interested in 3 days but then the devil wey go catch person no go wan rest on top hin matter especially for person wey dey broke wey dey find how to raise quick bucks... That’s how I raised some more money a day after the initial N2,000 deposit to make investment into one of the 12% daily interest packages which last for 10 days.

To cut a long but painful story short my people, the third day arrived and I couldn’t make withdrawal so I thought maybe the N2,000 had mixed with my bigger invested sum and all the fund plus interest would be paid on the 10th day.... but ehn !!! na case of OmoooX 1000000 ooh...

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by DarlingtonC: 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2021
This is the height oc greedery.

So you fall for it shocked

1 Like

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 8:53pm On Jul 13, 2021
On the due date for funds withdrawal, I clicked on the withdraw icon in hopes of making seamless withdrawal of my investment and returns into my given bank account (which to my surprise they had been able to generate ... as in these people have a database that generates any actual name behind any Nigerian bank account detail) but as I kept clicking on the final withdraw step, na automatically my profile page dey log out... that’s the point where sweat began hitting me under AC and tummy rumble began worrying me as the thought of losing the money I’m trying to manage hit me. (see also attached screenshots of their withdrawal page options)

My attempts to withdraw the funds through the Call recharge credit and Bitcoin option using my wallet address all kept meeting their fake error prompts. They have a default prompt that says there is insufficient fund to withdraw for call credit despite trying to withdraw just N2500 from well over N44,000 total. They also wrote a fake script to prompt that you have a Dollar sign in your amount to be withdrawn when you try to withdraw using the Bitcoin equivalent.

Talking about the Bitcoin option of withdrawal, please note that you may have your funds balance wiped out of record if you do not edit their own BTC wallet address to yours!!!

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 9:05pm On Jul 13, 2021
As I try to wrap up this expository narrative (my fingers don dey pain me sef) I will not fail to talk about the part that I find most intriguing about this organized fraud and grand scam to deprive hundred of thousands of people. This is the fact that have well over 50 if not up to a 100 different account numbers with one same Nigerian bank ( WEMA BANK) using their singular name Bitfrica Investment Limited ( See attached screenshots of 4 of the more than 10 that I have saved on my phone).

For every investment deposit that one has to make with them, their system is programmed to generate a new and totally different account number. After my eyes don clear say this funds withdrawal no wan dey possible after about a week of trying, I tried to check if they were still accepting deposits and then I saw that each time I clicked on the deposit icon, a fresh account number was generate under their name. This clearly shows that someone within the Wema Bank system ignored the proper KYC process and is aiding this team of scammers in defrauding many Nigerians or how can one explain how or why one single registered customer will have tens of multiple account numbers if not for nefarious acts like this.

I actually called the Wema Bank customer care earlier today and spoke with a certain actions who said that they cannot take details of the name of the scammers or their account details until I go to make court affidavit or police reports to them. Apparently, they care more about having people’s funds in their coffers than doing any forensic investigation to ascertain such accusation claims.

1 Like

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 9:17pm On Jul 13, 2021
In this last part of this community service post, I will attach a few more screenshots of details of this scammers as contained in their website.

My main motivation for taking time out to do this is born of the Yoruba adage that says “He who is going ahead and falls into a ditch teaches those behind a lesson” . I really hope that those who took time to read through this will be informed enough to avoid falling into this same hurtful trap and also do well to share this with their friends and loved ones. I also hope that the moderators here will deem it okay to push this to front page so as to protect thousands of other fellow Nigerians from falling victim like I have.

The fact is that there are several others of these scammers out there under the guise of many promising investment yields that hold the hope of helping people alleviate the harsh economic realities they may be facing but it is only normal duty for those who have experienced such to share with others.

You may think or say that “if to say you chop money you no go open mouth tell others like this oh” but at least, I no even see one Naira chop at all.

Thanks for reading this far. I hope that with these long tale of mine and the pictorial evidences, I have been able to convince you and not confuse you that Bitfrica Investment package is one of the many confirmed scam and fraud schemes out there! Please Beware!!!

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 9:19pm On Jul 13, 2021
P.S- I hope my posting this under the crime section isn’t penalized. I tried to post same under the investment and business sections but the system didn’t permit.
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 9:26pm On Jul 13, 2021
cry
DarlingtonC:
This is the height oc greedery.

So you fall for it shocked
cry cry Na sapa cause am sir! I am sorry I won’t do such again. At least I don sacrifice myself as public scapegoat to prevent others from falling on same path. Thankfully their name is now connected to a scam report on google. That’s the beauty of our dear Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by elbarond(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2021
Them bunches of criminals ...
They will pay in hell fire �

1 Like

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 9:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
Amen m!! (If they don’t stop and repent)
elbarond:
Them bunches of criminals ...
They will pay in hell fire �
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Cokahot: 11:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
Scam.last werk I did 2k btc.dis week it dropped to 1600. Lost 400. Today its at1500. Xo which btc biz dey give u 10% daily. Even btc miner per day is abt 9 dollars

3 Likes

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 6:30am On Jul 14, 2021
I wish I knew this earlier! cry
Cokahot:
Scam.last werk I did 2k btc.dis week it dropped to 1600. Lost 400. Today its at1500. Xo which btc biz dey give u 10% daily. Even btc miner per day is abt 9 dollars
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Cokahot: 7:12am On Jul 14, 2021
I'm planning on buying btc miner by next month when I don get inverter. I goo buy 1 pc, 18$×31. 290k a month,I don turn To davido. I am sad bro. I just check my blockchain,my btc has reduced to 1120$. Btc has dropped to 16m.
Davikunnu:
I wish I knew this earlier! cry
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 7:32am On Jul 14, 2021
You na boss and guru for this BTC world oh! I hail sir.

Cokahot:
I'm planning on buying btc miner by next month when I don get inverter. I goo buy 1 pc, 18$×31. 290k a month,I don turn To davido. I am sad bro. I just check my blockchain,my btc has reduced to 1120$. Btc has dropped to 16m.
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Cokahot: 7:37am On Jul 14, 2021
How na,I started doing btc in 2016,by 2017 my blockchain was 6000 when btc was 7k. Till tmrw I am regretting it,I sold part of 5k. Imagine I did not sell it,I would have been having at least 54k but since btc dropped to 31k. O bobs na till December things
Davikunnu:
You na boss and guru for this BTC world oh! I hail sir.

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 9:18am On Jul 14, 2021
Apparently these scammers guys are taking advantage of the instability of the price of BTC thinking that people who are novices like me will buy into the whole hype forecast of the price rising up to 100k.

Anyways, I don learn my lesson well.

This one pain me I swear! cry

Cokahot:
How na,I started doing btc in 2016,by 2017 my blockchain was 6000 when btc was 7k. Till tmrw I am regretting it,I sold part of 5k. Imagine I did not sell it,I would have been having at least 54k but since btc dropped to 31k. O bobs na till December things
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2021
Please help us put in Front page oh @lalasticlala and co Mods... please save more Nigerians from loss of their hard earned resources.
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2021
Getting info that these bitfrica scammers are still swindling more Nigerians oh! In fact, they are not even taking any deposits from their so called investors in Uganda and South Africa wey dem dey list with fake names on their page. It’s only Naira deposits here that they are constantly getting and stealing away and Wema Bank is very much playing along with them without doing due KYC checks!!!

Miss help us put this on front page!! @lalasticlala and co.
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by najoomey(m): 11:10am On Aug 11, 2021
I said this before this Wema Bank virtual account will actually turn to scam one day Wema virtual account is a type account which meant to receive one time payment to help payment gateway like paystack, moniepoint and the rest to settle instant payment.
I blamed CBN for this.... Why banks are not proving such act when millions of Nigerians are scammed at eyes of the banks without any action.
Is bank not allowed to query any suspicious transaction?
Is bank not allowed to track and arrest any of their customer using their bank to scam people?
Is bank not allowed to automatically withdraw money from scammers account with prove?

1 Like

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by oteneaaron(m): 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2021
Thank you for the expose @OP

The sad thing is that even after all these warnings, many people will still fall for this scam.

Human beings are naturally Greedy.

It is only when you are Greedy that you will fall for a scam like this.
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Chiino(m): 10:37am On Aug 14, 2021
nairacheck.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 10:25am On Aug 21, 2021
Thanks for this. Hope it saves more people of headaches.
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by smeag0l(m): 12:37am On Aug 22, 2021
Why do people fall for this kind of thing but when you post a legit trading investment where you'll have your money in you forex account and a bot traded for you they won't look Carr to give it a try? OP what did the company tell you they do to help you make your money appreciate ? These are the kind of things people need to think about. Greed is fatal

1 Like

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 23, 2021
It is a pity that I am just seeing all of this post, I fell into them last week..

I actually came on here to source information about them, but I guess because they change from the initial name that people already know to a new name
.......BITOFRICA... I actually searched with this name but found nothing so I assumed they are real..

Invested 1 million naira already, the due date of my investment is Saturday 28th August... So you mean I am not going to get back my money..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2021
You’re very right my guy. Greed is indeed fatal especially when not nipped in the bud. We all have tendency like to want to take advantage of potentially life changing opportunities but the particular condition of need and state of mind we are in at that moment will be the ultimate determinant.

I’m sad that I may never get my funds back but there are people who want to invest much more than I did. Those are the people I’m hoping to save from heartbreak with my post of my experience here.

So we’re hearing now that they this Same Bitrrica guys have changed their name to BITOFRICA and their scamming game with same MO has continued. Yet WEMA Bank and their yeye supposed modern banking without due KYC is still aiding and abetting these hell-bound scammers!!... all I’m the name of trying to catch up with Kuda, Providus and co.. smh. When CBN now makes regulatory law or bans them, Nigerians who don’t know the real gist behind will be insulting Emefiele alone.

WEMA Bank customer care have been reached out to severally and they have refused to take reecord of the collection names being used by these scammers!!

Nairalanders and General public please take note of the changes named of these scammers oh!

HELL AWAITS YOUR UNREPENTANT SOULS THAT’S DETERMINED TO KEEP ROBBING US OF OUR HARD EARNED FUNDS!!!

I will not stop making these posts so that Google SEO can make their name and scams visible to many more unsuspecting potential investment victims.

smeag0l:
Why do people fall for this kind of thing but when you post a legit trading investment where you'll have your money in you forex account and a bot traded for you they won't look Carr to give it a try? OP what did the company tell you they do to help you make your money appreciate ? These are the kind of things people need to think about. Greed is fatal
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2021
Oh wow! 1 Million Naira?? I’m so sorry to hear about this my guy... I didn’t even invest close to that at all but fell for the trick to made a quick buck back within 10 days. I am sorry to inform you that you will not get paid back your money. Was it also one of those numerous WEMA Bank accounts that you paid into? cry

As you can see from the web pages, it’s clear that the BITOFRICA and BITFRICA scammers are one and same people that are on a very fast ride on the highway to Hell fire for eternity. I noticed some weeks ago that their BITFRICA page wasn’t updated or accepting payments again because a lot of people had discovered their scam through my post here on Nairaland that made Google SEO feature and unveil their massive fraud.

Now the are using same page with very same User interface but just a letter change in their domain name. After we unveil this their revised standard version (RSV) scam called BITOFRICA and people stop paying them, maybe na BITCOFRICA or BITAFRICA or BITCOAFRIQUE dem go change to. SMH.

God no go give these guys rest at all. They will surely meet their waterloo very soon.

Their matter has been escalated and the Cybercrime experts locally and globally are monitoring them. Just watch out for their capture in a similar way to their Elder Brother Hushpuppy! NDIALA dem!!

Obababa:
It is a pity that I am just seeing all of this post, I fell into them last week..

I actually came on here to source information about them, but I guess because they change from the initial name that people already know to a new name
.......BITOFRICA... I actually searched with this name but found nothing so I assumed they are real..

Invested 1 million naira already, the due date of my investment is Saturday 28th August... So you mean I am not going to get back my money..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2021
One more important thing to note please; investigations have confirmed that these guys are based in Nigeria and scamming only Nigerians. All those investor names listed on their latest payment page as South African and Ugandan investor who have been supposedly paid are all FAKE and unreal!!

It’s only Nigerian bank transfer that is active for receipt of payment on their website. Also, trying to withdraw your funds via Bitcoin address doesn’t work so they put theirbown BTC wallet address there as default so that you can click on withdraw funds and that automatically makes your funds go into their coffers!!

Please take note of all these!!

IT IS A HUGE BITOCRACY Nigerian Scam i.e Bitcoin scam by Nigerians, to scam Nigerians only and against Nigerians.

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 4:24pm On Aug 23, 2021
Check out the screenshot of the funds collection account on their revised Bitofrica page for their massive fraud!!

How on earthy can Wema Bank keep claiming not to know about scamming customers of theirs like these guys!!!

Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 7:49pm On Aug 24, 2021
These guys still dey cash out and swindle Nigerians dey go oh!

Someone please warning Wema Bank to stop aiding and abetting these people’s evil!!
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 9:33am On Aug 26, 2021
Someone else just lost another N1 Million Naira to this grand scam plan called Bitofrica oooh!!

Please does anyone have an idea of how one can make Wema Bank to take action on this to avoid their name been smeared further as part of this scam syndicate??

This is getting too much and I’m even sadder for more victims than have kept joining after my very first post. My own money no even pain me again!! cry
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 2:22am On Sep 10, 2021
Those heartless scammers are still on the prowl and robbing their fellow Nigerians of hard earned resources! Nigerians beware please!!

They will surely not know peace until they quit fraudulent way of life like this!

Ndi ala dem!
Re: Bitfrica/Bitofrica investment Is A Huge Scam! (a Nairalander’s Fresh Experience) by Davikunnu: 3:36am On Sep 23, 2021
A bit of relief update guys! The Bitofrica site has stopped updating their fake ‘Latest payment’ page and the useless Wema Bank virtual accounts aren’t generated for deposits again.

This is exactly what happened after I exposed them here while they were still using the first Bitfrica site for the very same scam.

Anyone who knows of any other new domain name/ url that they have moved their evil plan to should kindly update us here so we can update this content and help/save other new unsuspecting Nigerians from falling victim blindly.

God punish devil and his scamming fiendish children in human flesh!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aunty Kemi Is A Liar: This Is What Happened That Brought The Video Of Hushpuppy / PHOTOS: 17 Nigerians Set To Be Killed In Indonesia Prison / 14 Years Old Secondary School Students Caught Having Sex In Kenya (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.