Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,365 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Which God Did Stephen Pray To? Honest Answers Only - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which God Did Stephen Pray To? Honest Answers Only (557 Views)

What God Did To My Friend When He Was About To Learn Yahoo-yahoo In A Cafe / 10 Times God Did The Impossible In The Bible / Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which God Did Stephen Pray To? Honest Answers Only by bingbagbo(m): 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2021
Acts 7:59

And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”

Be honest
Re: Which God Did Stephen Pray To? Honest Answers Only by billynoni(m): 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2021
The God referred to in John 3:16.

1 Like

Re: Which God Did Stephen Pray To? Honest Answers Only by bingbagbo(m): 6:03am On Jul 14, 2021
billynoni:
The God referred to in John 3:16.

Please look hard at the verse in the op and be honest to yourself
Re: Which God Did Stephen Pray To? Honest Answers Only by billynoni(m): 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2021
bingbagbo:

Please look hard at the verse in the op and be honest to yourself
KJV- "And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit"... What's there to look hard, at simple English like this? What got you confused here?
Re: Which God Did Stephen Pray To? Honest Answers Only by Nicenancy(f): 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2021
billynoni:
KJV- "And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit"... What's there to look hard, at simple English like this? What got you confused here?

Stephen called God Jesus
Re: Which God Did Stephen Pray To? Honest Answers Only by billynoni(m): 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2021
Nicenancy:

Stephen called God Jesus
Oh okay, so what's the issue with it? God's not Jesus, Jesus's not God?
Re: Which God Did Stephen Pray To? Honest Answers Only by bingbagbo(m): 6:43am On Jul 15, 2021
billynoni:
Oh okay, so what's the issue with it? God's not Jesus, Jesus's not God?

Stephen called God Jesus Because Jesus is God
Re: Which God Did Stephen Pray To? Honest Answers Only by billynoni(m): 10:39am On Jul 16, 2021
bingbagbo:

Stephen called God Jesus Because Jesus is God
Okayyyyy... So Stephen is wrong or right to call Jesus God?
Re: Which God Did Stephen Pray To? Honest Answers Only by Hygizee(m): 11:13am On Jul 16, 2021
your answer is in John1:1 in the beginning was the word (Christ) & the word was with God & the word was God.
if it interest you also study down till verse 10. have you heard that scripture that says i and my father are one in john 10:30?
Re: Which God Did Stephen Pray To? Honest Answers Only by collinsfhk(m): 11:53am On Jul 16, 2021
Hygizee:
your answer is in John1:1 in the beginning was the word (Christ) & the word was with God & the word was God.
if it interest you also study down till verse 10. have you heard that scripture that says i and my father are one in john 10:30?

Simple and straight.

Natural man cannot understand the things of the Spirit.
Re: Which God Did Stephen Pray To? Honest Answers Only by perezeghi: 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2021
bingbagbo:

Acts 7:59

And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”

Be honest

What exactly is your intention........

Acts.7.55 - But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God,
Acts.7.56 - and said, "Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!"
Acts.7.59 - And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

If you've clearly read and understood the verses that precedes that which you quoted there would be no reason for your question
Re: Which God Did Stephen Pray To? Honest Answers Only by jcross19: 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hygizee:
Jesus revealed the father to disciples but still they did not know in Mathew 20:11 and Luke 22:11you will know that Almighty God was on earth with Christ...

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Evangelist Burns Woman's Wig And Makeup After Her Encounter With Jesus / Was Judas Iscariot A Hero? / Jesus and the young rich man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.