Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,305 members, 7,957,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:04 PM

Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There (2431 Views)

Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures) / These Pretty Italian Villages Want To Pay You $33,000 To Move I / Czech Republic Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others Money To Leave Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by Solitechworld(m): 6:43am On Jul 14, 2021
A number of villages in Italy are offering to pay millennials up to €28,000 (£24,000) to move in.

Calabria, the southern region of Italy located in the country’s “toe”, will pay people to relocate to villages with 2,000 residents or fewer that are suffering from depopulation.

However, there are strings attached to this dream deal.

Applicants must be aged 40 or under and take up residency in Calabria within 90 days of being accepted.

In order to receive the payment, they must also commit to starting a business or take on a specific job that’s needed by the village.

It’s likely that the money will be paid in either monthly instalments of €800-€1,000 over the course of three years, or as a one-off lump sum to fund a new business, such as a restaurant, shop or B&B.

Gianluca Gallo, a regional councillor, told CNN: “We’re honing the technical details, the exact monthly amount and duration of the funds, and whether to include also slightly larger villages with up to 3,000 residents.

“We’ve had a huge interest from villages and hopefully, if this first scheme works, more are likely to follow in coming years.”

The hope is that the scheme will invigorate dwindling communities by attracting young residents with fresh ideas for enterprises that can enrich local life.

Mr Gallo says: “The goal is to boost the local economy and breathe new life into small-scale communities.

“ We want to make demand for jobs meet supply, that’s why we’ve asked villages to tell us what type of professionals they’re missing to attract specific workers.”

The project is called “active residency income” and applications are set to open in the coming weeks, with €700,000 set aside to fund it.

Other villages across Italy are already offering similar incentives for new residents.

The medieval village of Santa Fiora in Tuscany and ancient city of Rieti in Lazio are both offering remote workers willing to relocate and rent a house there up to €200 or 50 per cent off the total rent for long-term stays of between two and six months.

With local rents averaging around €300-€500 per month, new arrivals could end up paying as little as €100 per month.

Source: https://cnn.com/travel/amp/italy-villages-pay-33000-to-move-in-calabria-cmd/index.html

Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by udoakwa(m): 6:53am On Jul 14, 2021
undecided
Just curious, could this be true and son of man is suffering in this God forsaken country
Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by Cunnilingus(m): 6:58am On Jul 14, 2021
I'm ready. Oya where do I sign up

1 Like

Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by Vee423: 7:04am On Jul 14, 2021
How true is this
Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by ignis: 7:04am On Jul 14, 2021
Nigerians will soon occupy there.
Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by Acjohn(m): 7:07am On Jul 14, 2021
Why is Europe blocking ppl from migrating from Africa.
Make dem just pack all of them lump them for those villages na abi there demand get racial specification?

1 Like

Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by xpressionx(m): 7:07am On Jul 14, 2021
cheesy
Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by temitope27(m): 7:09am On Jul 14, 2021
What nonsense
Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by illicit(m): 7:31am On Jul 14, 2021
Co'mon SAPA

SAPA bien merci
Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by Generalwoodz(m): 8:00am On Jul 14, 2021
I have packed up my light luggage and ready to Jet oo.
But there's no money for TF.
I'm young and single --very ready to mingle.
First thing I would do when I arrive is search for the Italian Mafias and Join immediately.No time.
Second thing I would do is to hook-up with this fine, cat eyes, hair flowing like that of a mermaid, skin shining like a goddess and give her Belle immediately. No lovey dovey shit. Just we have sex, I pour my seeds and KABOOM! I have impregnated you.
Once I have successfully completed the above, I will call my folks back in Nigeria, and tell them to set the village agog with celebration because their son is now a Made man!

4 Likes

Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by tunapawizzy: 8:05am On Jul 14, 2021
It all looks easy until u hear the conditions.

3 Likes

Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by ENG0701: 8:24am On Jul 14, 2021
udoakwa:
undecided
Just curious, could this be true and son of man is suffering in this God forsaken country

It is true, but I will not advise it. You will have to live in the village for 3 year. There is a reason their population has been declining

1 Like

Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by udoakwa(m): 9:08am On Jul 14, 2021
ENG0701:

It is true, but I will not advise it. You will have to live in the village for 3 year. There is a reason their population has been declining

wow, please if you don't mind can you list those reasons?
Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 14, 2021
So true but on certain conditions
Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by ENG0701: 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2021
udoakwa:

wow, please if you don't mind can you list those reasons?

Mainly lack of jobs. Young people are moving out to work and live in cities.

1 Like

Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 8:35pm On Jul 14, 2021
So easy? The only problem is the Transport Fare and if there will be holiday privileges outside italy within the three years.
Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by int0x80(m): 11:52pm On Jul 14, 2021
ignis:
Nigerians will soon occupy there.
Lol, you think they will accept Africans? I doubt that

1 Like

Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by Obagreatdatoye(m): 7:49am On Jul 15, 2021
We need update on this asap
Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by Cousin9999: 1:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
1. If people are leaving the villages, wouldn't it make more sense to let many villages go. Pay to help people leave instead of get them to stay. They can always do things to preserve historical, agricultural, or cultural stuff.

2. Why would you want to be somewhere that has to pay people to stay there?

3. The mafia has a lot of power in that country. There are so many awful stories about the things they do, and about corruption in general. And everyone knows how racist they are. There's no amount of money that's worth that.
Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by Bifwoli: 2:58am On Jul 16, 2021
tunapawizzy:
It all looks easy until u hear the conditions.
But is it not the same with your own villagers who leave many rural parts of Nigeria hoping to make it in the big city Lagos? That is until they get there and realize real life there is tougher than they anticipated.
Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by tunapawizzy: 7:28am On Jul 16, 2021
Bifwoli:
But is it not the same with your own villagers who leave many rural parts of Nigeria hoping to make it in the big city Lagos? That is until they get there and realize real life there is tougher than they anticipated.
OK
Re: Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There by Goodluckall: 12:04am On Aug 01, 2021
Please what's the requirements and process of applying

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Restricted To Travel Out / Nigerians In Johannesburg And Harare : Hangouts! / Dv 2012 Applicants Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.