Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? (2016 Views)

How A Depressed 24 Years Old Went From Losing His Life Savings To Earning 9 Figu / I’m Ripped Of My Life Savings Please Help! Me / Carpenter With No Child Sends 33 Strangers To University With Life Savings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by praz001(m): 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2021
Good day guys....
I really need your advice on this...

I lease a land I'm currently using for a basic school. The landlord approached me last year that he will be selling off the land because he urgently need some money....

We actually agreed on 10million naira for the piece. (a 2 plot of land) Our initial agreement was that I will be paying him anually till all payments is made then he will hand over the land document to me. Out of which I gave him 500k as first part.

Towards the end of last month he called me he wont want to collect the money again in part payment that he needed the money in full or in two part payment within 2 year (5m per year) I've sourced around and offered to pay him 1m for now but he rejected.

Guy I really am in a big mess what do I do? My life savings is on this place....
Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by chatinent: 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2021
Meet a tailor,

Learn to cut the coat according to your coat size.

17 Likes

Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by BlueSprint: 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2021
It's simple na. Get a lawyer simple. He should refund

1 Like

Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by Echowas: 6:47pm On Jul 14, 2021
praz001:
Good day guys....
I lease a land I'm currently using for a basic school. The landlord approached me last year that he will be selling off the land because he urgently need some money....

We actually agreed on 10million naira for the piece. (a 2 plot of land) Our initial agreement was that I will be paying him anually till all payments is made then he will hand over the land document to me. Out of which I gave him 500k as first part.

Towards the end of last month he called me he wont want to collect the money again in part payment that he needed the money in full or in two part payment within 2 year (5m per year) I've sourced around and offered to pay him 1m for now but he rejected.
Guy I really am in a big mess what do I do? My life savings is on this place....

There is no big mess anywhere. Since you can't raise it, request for refund since he is the one trying to break the agreement.

12 Likes

Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2021
You're already running a school there and he wants the land back? Hm.. bad belle.

Get a loan from the bank or look for another property and move your school.

6 Likes

Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by Shellsploit: 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2021
Echowas:

There is no big mess anywhere. Since you can't raise it, request for refund since he is the one trying to break the agreement.
Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by DankemzI(m): 7:22pm On Jul 14, 2021
Crowdfunding will bail you out or establish a church enterprise in part of the land before a year, tithes and offerings must have exceeded your target amount

2 Likes

Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by silibaba: 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2021
sure 5odd dey on ground.

1 Like

Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by nifemi25(m): 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2021
If you have used the land for a church service.... Both tithe and offerings would have covered the money.

5 Likes

Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by SchoolPedia: 8:16pm On Jul 14, 2021
Echowas:

Follow this advice and stop the unnecessary worries.

5 Likes

Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 14, 2021
He isn't selling the land because he needs money. He probably see you progressing he wants to take advantage of the situation.

14 Likes

Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 14, 2021
Take your school elsewhere..
Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 14, 2021
praz001:
Good day guys....

Ask him to refund you the N500k that you want to relocate your school.
Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by deltateam: 4:55am On Jul 15, 2021
praz001:
Good day guys....

Did you see any documents with him concerning the agreement?

If not, it's a lost case because he will deny you.

3 Likes

Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by phemmyfour: 5:28am On Jul 15, 2021
praz001:
Good day guys....

Use the land for event center on weekends and get money from bank
Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by Cerebellum: 7:17am On Jul 15, 2021
Human being sha...but let's not judge, he might need the money for an urgent and important reason too.

Just ask for refund and go and and sort your school somewhere else.

Iree o
Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 15, 2021
If you gave him 500k without any written document, I'd say you're the biggest fool of the 21st century...

Get a real estate lawyer involved asap!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by Truvelisback(m): 9:34am On Jul 15, 2021
praz001:
Good day guys....

Oga, go and get or rent another place 4 ur school.
Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 15, 2021
For a moment , I was even imagining what kind of landlord accepts 500k yearly payment for a 10m deal? That's absurd, mehn.

You either source for loan, pay his money ones or twice(as he said), or you move your school elsewhere and collect your 500k back.

Me sef can't agree on that your nonsense talk of paying 500k yearly. That money can never be useful to him.
Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by Obakashdee(m): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
ClixMaster:
For a moment , I was even imagining what kind of landlord accepts 500k yearly payment for a 10m deal? That's absurd, mehn.

You either source for loan, pay his money ones or twice(as he said), or you move your school elsewhere and collect your 500k back.

Me sef can't agree on that your nonsense talk of paying 500k yearly. That money can never be useful to him.

As in ehn, how many years before 10m Naira go complete, the landlord didn’t think it through before

Anyway help him get a buyer and he should refund
praz001:
Good day guys....

1 Like

Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by maiquel: 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
What you need is a lawyer.
Is the agreement written?
Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by Dripy(m): 4:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
praz001:
Good day guys....

Look for an investor who can partner with you, he/she will raise the balance cash, you pay the landowner and gradually pay back or go to the bank, use the property as collateral and endeavour you judiciously pay back the bank.

You can ask your bank for overdraft. 10 million is chicken change.

I understand your plight because location is very essential in running a school.
Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2021
praz001:
Good day guys....

In which state is the land? If it's in imo or enugu, i can buy it and lease it back to you. But that's after evaluating its truth worth.
Re: My Life Savings.. What Do I Do? by praz001(m): 8:23am On Jul 20, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

In which state is the land? If it's in imo or enugu, i can buy it and lease it back to you. But that's after evaluating its truth worth.

Nope...
It's in lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Lauthech's Pgd Programme! / 2012 Ptdf Msc Overseas Scholarship Aptitude Test / Miss UNILAG Get's A New Car While The Most Brilliant Girl Gets A Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.