Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media (732 Views)

Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law / Message From Archbishop Of Onitsha, Okeke, About Resumption Of Church / Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Donchris3(m): 10:59pm On Jul 14, 2021
Just a humble archbishop
And the message is simple, love your neighbor as you love yourself..
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Donchris3(m): 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2021
Today's message is still going to be love your neighbor as yourself
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Jul 16, 2021
Donchris3:
Today's message is still going to be love your neighbor as yourself
How exactly does one going about loving one's neighbor? undecided

Is it by rolling an extra doobie for my neighbor when I want to get high? Or do I get an extra hooker for my neighbor when I feel like I need to get laid? undecided

Do I pay the bills for my next door neighbors whenever I pay mine, is that how i show this love you speak of? undecided

What exactly does loving my neighbor entail? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Donchris3(m): 4:17am On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How exactly does one going about loving one's neighbor? undecided

Is it by rolling an extra doobie for my neighbor when I want to get high? Or do I get an extra hooker for my neighbor when I feel like I need to get laid? undecided

Do I pay the bills for my next door neighbors whenever I pay mine, is that how i show this love you speak of? undecided

What exactly does loving my neighbor entail? undecided
use your common sense to love your neighbor

1 Like

Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 4:39am On Jul 16, 2021
Donchris3:
use your common sense to love your neighbor
if it is left to individuals to decide for themselves how to love their neighbor, then couldn't we simply assume folks are already doing that and so no need to keep harping on this still? undecided

I mean if I get to chose how I love my neighbor, who is to say I am not already doing that right now even though I have never actually met my literal neighbor or even bothered interacting with them since I moved in this place? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Donchris3(m): 5:32am On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
if it is left to individuals to decide for themselves how to love their neighbor, then couldn't we simply assume folks are already doing that and so no need to keep harping on this still? undecided

I mean if I get to chose how I love my neighbor, who is to say I am not already doing that right now even though I have never actually met my literal neighbor or even bothered interacting with them since I moved in this place? undecided
on social media,and any means to show case love in contrast to hate
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 8:45am On Jul 16, 2021
Donchris3:
on social media,and any means to show case love in contrast to hate
Really?

So to show love for my neighbor, your idea is for one to go on social media and show love in 'texts' and 'likes'? undecided

That is your idea of common sense love? undecided

So how does this love impact reality as we know it? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2021
Love your neighbour as yourself means don't do to them what you wouldn't want then to do to you. Don't cause them pain. Treat them fairly and justly.

No need for fraternisation. Love doesn't necessarily mean friendship
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:
Love your neighbour as yourself means don't do to them what you wouldn't want then to do to you. Don't cause them pain. Treat them fairly and justly.

No need for fraternisation. Love doesn't necessarily mean friendship
Don't do to them what you would not want done to you? undecided
So when I avoid my neither because I would want my neighbor to avoid me too, I am fulfilling that requirement? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Don't do to them what you would not want done to you? undecided
So when I avoid my neither because I would want my neighbor to avoid me too, I am fulfilling that requirement? undecided

Absolutely. Don't trouble them if you don't want them troubling you. If you're the sort that likes mingling and they seem out off by it, respect their space and wishes and you would like then to respect your space and wishes
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

Absolutely. Don't trouble them if you don't want them troubling you. If you're the sort that likes mingling and they seem out off by it, respect their space and wishes and you would like then to respect your space and wishes
But what if my neighbor wants something different from what I want? undecided

What if my neighbor chooses that he should be on friendly terms, and engage me regularly because that is what he would like for me to do to him? undecided

If we avoid each other or collide, then are we showing love according to God or according to our selfish desires in this? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:

What if my neighbor chooses that he should be on friendly terms, and engage me regularly because that is what he would like for me to do to him? undecided

If we avoid each other, then are we showing love according to God or according to our selfish desires in this? undecided

Lol. I'm to hungry for your trolling. Let me get lunch first grin
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:
Lol. I'm to hungry for your trolling. Let me get lunch first grin
Asking questions of your understanding of these things amounts to trolling? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Donchris3(m): 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
Excellent
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:

If we avoid each other or collide, then are we showing love according to God or according to our selfish desires in this? undecided

Do you talk to everybody you pass by on the street? grin
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:
Do you talk to everybody you pass by on the street? grin
No, I do not, but then again, I dont believe that when Jesus Christ gave that commandment to His followers that he meant in the way you describe at all. undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No, I do not, but then again, I dont believe that when Jesus Christ gave that commandment to His followers that he meant in the way you describe at all. undecided

You're the one asking if avoiding your neighbour is bad. Not greeting every passer-by is avoiding them, or minding ya business. If you have nothing to say just keep quiet and keep it moving grin
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

You're the one asking if avoiding your neighbour is bad. Not greeting every passer-by is avoiding them, or minding ya business. If you have nothing to say just keep quiet and keep it moving grin
I think you missed my main question here which is what did Jesus Christ mean when He commanded that we do to others as we would like for them to do to us. undecided
Was Jesus Christ commanding that we be nice according to the customs and ways of this world or what? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I think you missed my main question here which is what did Jesus Christ mean when He commanded that we do to others as we would like for them to do to us. undecided
Was Jesus Christ commanding that we be nice according to the customs and ways of this world or what? undecided

He meant be kind, fair and not evil to other people
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

He meant be kind, fair and not evil to other people
Really? Where in His teachings did He state or reveal this? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Really? Where in His teachings did He state or reveal this? undecided

Read the bible attentively. it's there grin
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:
Read the bible attentively. it's there grin
You made the claim that that is what Jesus Christ meant and I ask you where you get that connection from. undecided
Exodus? undecided
Psalms? Where? lipsrsealed
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You made the claim that that is what Jesus Christ meant and I ask you where you get that connection from. undecided

from the bible na grin
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

from the bible na grin
Where in the Bible? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where in the Bible? undecided
old and new testament na grin
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:
old and new testament na grin
Old testament to find teachings of Jesus Christ? Even Jesus Christ is not directly quoted in much of the New testament. undecided

Are you certain your understanding of what Jesus Christ taught is based on His Truth and not lies you probably lapped up from listening to other people who may not be in the know like you? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Old testament to find teachings of Jesus Christ? Even Jesus Christ is not directly quoted in much of the New testament. undecided

Are you certain your understanding of what Jesus Christ taughts is based on His Truth and not lies you probably lapped up from listening to other people who may not be in the know like you? undecided

Matthew 5:17
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Matthew 7:12
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

The law was given in the old testament was it not? grin
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

In fact, the bible also records in Mark 12:28 & 31
And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

1. As you read there, Do to others as you will like for them to do to you is the fulfillment of the Old Covenant Law and the prophets. So, did Jesus Christ ask His followers to also fulfill the Old Covenant Law? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 6:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. As you read there, Do to others as you will like for them to do to you is the fulfillment of the Old Covenant Law and the prophets. So, did Jesus Christ ask His followers to also fulfill the Old Covenant Law? undecided

He commanded them to live according to the spirit of the law, the spirit of the law being the bible verses I quoted

The law was giving to guide people into treating everyone with fairness and as they would like to be treated, hence the "eye for an eye" edict.

If you don't want to lose your eye, do not deprive someone of their own eye. Respect people's beings and spaces. Hence, "love your neighbour as you would love yourself"
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

In fact, the bible also records in Mark 12:28 & 31
And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these
So, we learn that the second greatest commandment is to Love your neighbor as you love yourself, and back to our question of exactly how do we do that? undecided

Also what about the third greatest, fourth greatest, fifth greatest commandments...and so on? Are we to ignore those undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:
He commanded them to live according to the spirit of the law, the spirit of the law being the bible verses I quoted
The spirit of the law are the bible verses which were not compiled until over 1600 years after Jesus Christ? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Spirit Experience. / The 3 Main Blaspheming Of Satan / You Can Make Money By Selling African Spiritual Items In Brazil (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.