Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media (736 Views)

Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law / Message From Archbishop Of Onitsha, Okeke, About Resumption Of Church / Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, we learn that the second greatest commandment is to Love your neighbor as you love yourself, and back to our question of exactly how do we do that? undecided

Also what about the third greatest, fourth greatest, fifth greatest commandments...and so on? Are we to ignore those undecided

Somebody probably asked Jesus what the 79th most important law was but we don't know if Jesus answered or if he was asked.

But Jesus did say the law and the prophets = Matthew 7:12
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them:
for this is the law and the prophets.

If you live by the bible verse above you have fulfilled even the 1000th law
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, we learn that the second greatest commandment is to Love your neighbor as you love yourself, and back to our question of exactly how do we do that? undecided

Asked and answered. wink
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

Somebody probably asked Jesus what the 79th most important law was but we don't know if Jesus answered or if he was asked.

But Jesus did say the law and the prophets = Matthew 7:12
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them:
for this is the law and the prophets.

If you live by the bible verse above you have fulfilled even the 1000th law
But we do know what the 79th law is and it is contained right there in the commandments of Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

But the Law and the Prophets was in reference to the Old Covenant Law which according to the Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 applied only to those who have the blood of Jacob flowing through their veins of which you and I are not. undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But we do know what the 79th law is and it is contained right there in the commandments of Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

But the Law and the Prophets was in reference to the Old Covenant Law which according to the Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 applied only to those who have the blood of Jacob flowing through their veins of which you and I are not. undecided

But Jesus brought the good news to all mankind, did he not?

According to the apostles, the gospel of Christ is available to both Jews and Gentiles. If you're accepting to be called by His name, you're subject to his ways. "Those who obey me are my friends"
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

But Jesus brought the good news to all mankind, did he not?

According to the apostles, the gospel of Christ is available to both Jews and Gentiles. If you're accepting to be called by His name, you're subject to his ways. "Those who obey me are my friends"
You quoted those verses that referenced the Old Covenant, remember? undecided

So, what are we then to obey in this then? Are we to fulfil the Old Covenant , even though the Almighty excluded us from that agreement or are we to find what we are to obey elsewhere in the teachings of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:

So, what are we then to obey in this then? Are we to fulfil the Old Covenant , even though the Almighty excluded us from that agreement or are we to find what we are to obey elsewhere in the teachings of Jesus Christ? undecided

Do not steal from the old covenant is still do not steal in the new covenant. But Jesus atones for thieves. They still get punished according to the law for theft, but upon genuine repentance their soul is no longer in danger of eternal damnation
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

Do not steal from the old covenant is still do not steal in the new covenant. But Jesus atones for thieves. They still get punished according to the law for theft, but upon genuine repentance their soul is no longer in danger of eternal damnation
Did Jesus Christ give us the " Do not steal" commandment too in the New Covenant? undecided

So you understand that only those who believe in Jesus Christ can qualify for eternal damnation unlike the old way of Death - dust to dust. lipsrsealed
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Did Jesus Christ give us the " Do not steal" commandment too in the New Covenant? undecided

So you understand that only those who believe in Jesus Christ can qualify for eternal damnation unlike the old way of Death - dust to dust. lipsrsealed

"I have not come to abolish the law" tongue

Believing in Jesus does not qualify one for eternal damnation but eternal life
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:

What Jesus excluded us from is the 'curse of the law', which is death to the soul that sins. Meaning everyone is cursed because it is impossible to not sin.

Jesus bore the cost of the sin, thereby saving our souls even though we will inevitably commit sin. He bore the curse by dying for our sins
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

"I have not come to abolish the law" tongue
Yes, Jesus Christ, Himself, a Jew, lived according to the Old Covenant Law in order to fulfill the requirements of the Law , like every other Jew is required to do. undecided

So what has that to do with the New Covenant Law? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Yes, Jesus Christ, Himself, a Jew, lived according to the Old Covenant Law in order to fulfill the requirements of the Law , like every other Jew is required to do. undecided

So what has that to do with the New Covenant Law? undecided

The new covenant is to save you from the repercussions of flouting old covenant guidelines. The old guidelines largely remain,but flouting them doesn't carry as weighty a punishment. Jesus already bore the punishment
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:
What Jesus excluded us from is the 'curse of the law', which is death to the soul that sins. Meaning everyone is cursed because it is impossible to not sin.

Jesus bore the cost of the sin, thereby saving our souls even though we will inevitably commit sin. He bore the curse by dying for our sins
1. God Almighty is the one who excluded us from the Old Covenant Law of Moses, not Jesus Christ- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15- 20. undecided

2. Jesus Christ indeed redeemed us from Death(not sin), the judgement instituted by God in Genesis 3 vs 14 - 19 . Death should not be confused with sin - disobedience of God's direct comandment. For Adam, Sin is as defined by the law in Genesis 2 vs 17 whereas Death is as defined by God's judgement in Genesis 3 vs 17 - 19. undecided

3. It is impossible to not sin? Did Joseph, father of Jesus Christ, Joseph of Arimathea, Zacharias and Elizabeth, Simeon the priest and even John the Baptist, all of them some of the holy and righteous men and women who lived during the time of Jesus Christ, know this? undecided

4. Again, Salvation as given by Jesus Christ is not from sin but instead from Death, hence the reason why in exchange we have eternal life(grace) and not holiness - John 3 vs 16 - 21. The curse which Jesus Christ bore is Death, not sin. undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:
The new covenant is to save you from the repercussions of flouting old covenant guidelines. The old guidelines largely remain,but flouting them doesn't carry as weighty a punishment. Jesus already bore the punishment
How can I flout a Law that I am not legally bound to, this by the Law giver Himself - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 ? undecided

How am I expected to obey the Law in North Korea when I don't live in North Korea? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. God Almighty is the one who excluded us from the Old Covenant Law of Moses, not Jesus Christ- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15- 20. undecided

2. Jesus Christ indeed redeemed us from Death(not sin), the judgement instituted by God in Genesis 3 vs 14 - 19 . Death should not be confused with sin - disobedience of God's direct comandment. For Adam, Sin is as defined by the law in Genesis 2 vs 17 whereas Death is as defined by God's judgement in Genesis 3 vs 17 - 19. undecided

3. It is impossible to not sin? Did Joseph, father of Jesus Christ, Joseph of Arimathea, Zacharias and Elizabeth, Simeon the priest and even John the Baptist, all of them some of the holy and righteous men and women who lived during the time of Jesus Christ, know this? undecided

4. Again, Salvation as given by Jesus Christ is not from sin but instead from Death, hence the reason why in exchange we have eternal life(grace) and not holiness - John 3 vs 16 - 21. The curse which Jesus Christ bore is Death, not sin. undecided

Do you mind pointing out where in any of my posts I said Jesus saved us from sin? grin

As far as sin being an inevitable human condition. Romans 3:24 for all have sinned and fallen short if the glory of God tongue
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 10:02pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How can I flout a Law that I am not legally bound to, this by the Law giver Himself - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 ? undecided

How am I expected to obey the Law in North Korea when I don't live in North Korea? undecided

If you're to be called by the name of the Lord you must live according to the ways (laws) of the Lord. If He is to be your Lord, you must obey his laws. Again, "I have not come to abolish the law, but fulfil it".

Also, 2 Chronicles 4:17 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

You can't want to call Jesus your Lord and not live by His laws.
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

Do you mind pointing out where in any of my posts I said Jesus saved us from sin? grin

As far as sin being an inevitable human condition. Romans 3:24 for all have sinned and fallen short if the glory of God tongue
1. The word "sin" occurred several times in your response that I felt it was necessary to drive home the point that Jesus Christ did indeed save us from sin. undecided

2. The verse you quoted simply states the condition of our past, before Jesus Christ, does it not? undecided

So why conclude that our past determines our present and future and hence an inevitable human condition as you claim? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 10:07pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. The word "sin" occurred several times in your response that I felt it was necessary to drive home the point that Jesus Christ did indeed save us from sin. undecided

2. The verse you quoted simply states the condition of our past, before Jesus Christ, does it not? undecided

So why conclude that our past determines our present and future and hence an inevitable human condition as you claim? undecided

Yes, I mentioned sin but not in isolation. Read again and you'll see I always said "cost of sin", not sin

Well, are you saying that we sinned before Christ and no longer after He paid the price? Does the bible not tell us that he intercedes on our behalf?

You have a knack for twisting words or deliberately misunderstanding plain english. I'm sure you've had your fun grin

Leaving soon. Any last words? grin
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

If you're to be called by the name of the Lord you must live according to the ways (laws) of the Lord. If He is to be your Lord, you must obey his laws. Again, "I have not come to abolish the law, but fulfil it".

Also, 2 Chronicles 4:17 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

You can't want to call Jesus your Lord and not live by His laws.
1. But we are not the people called by the name of the Lord - Exodus 6 vs 7, the people who Solomon belonged with... those with the blood of Jacob flowing through their veins who live in the land of Canaan are. And it is to them that God gave the Old Covenant Law of Moses to which He ratified in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 30 as so. undecided

2. Yes, Jesus Christ did not come to abolish God's Law nor did Jesus Christ come to change that which God had decreed in His Old Law, particularly the part where God declared that only those descended from Jacob would benefit from His Old Covenant Law. undecided

A. Jesus Christ came to save the Old Covenant Jewish sinners , not the righteous ones mind you, who were struggling from the weight of the Old Covenant, how?

B. Jesus Christ also came to save the Gentiles who were excluded from benefiting from the Old Covenant Law of Moses by God Himself, how? undecided

And Jesus Christ had to do all of this without breaking any of God's already established law, how? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 10:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

Yes, I mentioned sin but not in isolation. Read again and you'll see I always said "cost of sin", not sin

Well, are you saying that we sinned before Christ and no longer after He paid the price? Does the bible not tell us that he intercedes on our behalf?

You have a knack for twisting words or deliberately misunderstanding plain english. I'm sure you've had your fun grin
Leaving soon. Any last words? grin
1. Well, sin is simply a choice made in disobedience of God's commandment and so even in Jesus Christ, that choice to sin or not to sin remains very much present. undecided

2. Jesus Christ intercedes on our behalf when we pray to God, not when we chose to disobey God - sin. undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 10:24pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Well, sin is simply a choice made in disobedience of God's commandment and so even in Jesus Christ, that choice to sin or not to sin remains very much present. undecided

2. Jesus Christ intercedes on our behalf when we pray to God, not when we chose to disobey God - sin. undecided

1. So? How does that mean I didn't say "sin", but "cost of sin"? grin

2. If you pray to God for forgiveness Jesus doesn't intercede? grin
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

1. So? How does that mean I didn't say "sin", but "cost of sin"? grin

2. If you pray to God for forgiveness Jesus doesn't intercede? grin
1. I didnt say you didnt say "cost of sin" , just trying to verify what Jesus Christ said of Salvation is all.

2. He intercedes for forgiveness but not for disobedience. undecided

3. I don't twist.. instead I try to ask questions to help me better understand the flow of the conversation and also make myself clear in where I stand on issues. undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 10:30pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. But we are not the people called by the name of the Lord - Exodus 6 vs 7, the people who Solomon belonged with... those with the blood of Jacob flowing through their veins who live in the land of Canaan are. And it is to them that God gave the Old Covenant Law of Moses to which He ratified in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 30 as so. undecided

2. Yes, Jesus Christ did not come to abolish God's Law nor did Jesus Christ come to change that which God had decreed in His Old Law, particularly the part where God declared that only those descended from Jacob would benefit from His Old Covenant Law. undecided

A. Jesus Christ came to save the Old Covenant Jewish sinners , not the righteous ones mind you, who were struggling from the weight of the Old Covenant, how?

B. Jesus Christ also came to save the Gentiles who were excluded from benefiting from the Old Covenant Law of Moses by God Himself, how? undecided

And Jesus Christ had to do all of this without breaking any of God's already established law, how? undecided

Acts 15:17
so that the rest of humanity may seek the Lord — even all the Gentiles who are called by my name — declares the Lord who makes these things

Good night, Kobo. It was a nice merry-go-round with you

kiss
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. I didnt say you didnt say "cost of sin" , just trying to verify what Jesus Christ said of Salvation is all.

2. He intercedes for forgiveness but not for disobedience. undecided

3. I don't twist.. instead I try to ask questions to help me better understand the flow of the conversation and also make myself clear in where I stand on issues. undecided

I genuinely wonder what you look like. Are you pretty or masculine? grin
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:

Acts 15:17
so that the rest of humanity may seek the Lord — even all the Gentiles who are called by my name — declares the Lord who makes these things

Good night, Kobo. It was a nice merry-go-round with you
I believe you need to read Acts 15 in its entirety to understand that the disciples where there debating if they should ask the Christian living within Jewish territory at the time to obey some of the Old Covenant Laws or not, and the group unanimously , mind you, decided not to place that Old yoke(the Old Covenant law) on their Non Jewish brethren. undecided

Acts 15 vs 1 - 35 is the entire context of that meeting which you lifted that one verse from. undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 10:36pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:
I genuinely wonder what you look like. Are you pretty or masculine? grin
It's 4: 36 PM in the afternoon here so saying goodnight at this time of the day is weirdness. undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It's 4: 36 PM in the afternoon here so saying goodnight at this time of the day is weirdness. undecided

I'm only quoting this because you ignored the more important question of your looks. Are you ugly? angry I really dislike ugly women
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:
I'm only quoting this because you ignored the more important question of your looks. Are you ugly? angry I really dislike ugly women
I be woman? undecided
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I be woman? undecided
Are you male? grin
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I be woman? undecided
Are you male? grin
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Kobojunkie: 11:00pm On Jul 16, 2021
Belafonte:
Are you male? grin
I be person abeg.... you no see my picture for my profile so . grin
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Belafonte(m): 11:26pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I be person abeg.... you no see my picture for my profile so . grin

Na Chiwetel be dat na. But if to say na you be dat you go need Jesus true true grin
Re: I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media by Donchris3(m): 7:49am On Jul 17, 2021
Today's message will be on wait on God's time at all times..
Keep hustling and you will be successful one day

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It True That Human Spirit Perish At Death? / It Is Un-christlike For Christians To Pray For The Death Of Their Enemies / Here Is The Gospel Jesus Christ Sent His Church To Preach To The World!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.