Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,534 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

British Airways Urges Travellers To Drop Their Luggage A Day Before Travel - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Airways Urges Travellers To Drop Their Luggage A Day Before Travel (18414 Views)

Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints / Travellers To Arrive Three Hours Before International Flights / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Airways Urges Travellers To Drop Their Luggage A Day Before Travel by abnot: 7:34am On Jul 15, 2021
Niece:
British Airways urges travellers to consider dropping off their luggage the day before flying due to staff shortages

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9789289/amp/British-Airways-urges-passengers-drop-luggage-day-travel.html

If a Nigerian airline asks its passengers to do this they’ll attack the airline and destroy their image both online and offline. Same Nigerians will go to U.K. and not complain. Colonialism really messed up a lot of us. There’s this belief that the Nigerian man / brand is substandard in anyway while that of the European/American is superior/perfect
Re: British Airways Urges Travellers To Drop Their Luggage A Day Before Travel by everythinggirly(f): 8:01am On Jul 15, 2021
Ok
Re: British Airways Urges Travellers To Drop Their Luggage A Day Before Travel by 9Stamp(f): 8:12am On Jul 15, 2021
That will ensure thorough check for drugs
Re: British Airways Urges Travellers To Drop Their Luggage A Day Before Travel by edoairways: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2021
Niece:
If this happens in Naija would we allowed? The truth is, all nations have their shortcomings.
Cannot happen in Nigeria because we have trust issues.
Re: British Airways Urges Travellers To Drop Their Luggage A Day Before Travel by Rubyventures: 9:50am On Jul 15, 2021
abnot:

If a Nigerian airline asks its passengers to do this they’ll attack the airline and destroy their image both online and offline. Same Nigerians will go to U.K. and not complain. Colonialism really messed up a lot of us. There’s this belief that the Nigerian man / brand is substandard in anyway while that of the European/American is superior/perfect

What are you talking about? BA have always allowed passengers to drop off their luggage a day before travel its just that most passengers dont take it up. You cant compare a British Airline to a Nigerian Airline. Let us be honest everything about Nigeria is chaotic, they lack customer service and care. They treat you as if you are begging them to take their airline , They also lack maintenance culture. When they delay or cancel their flight they treat you with disregard.

There is nothing about colonialism here. This will only be the case if they offer the same type of service. How can you compare a crap service to a good service?
I love to patronise Nigerian Airlines but i always end up regreting it.
Re: British Airways Urges Travellers To Drop Their Luggage A Day Before Travel by abnot: 10:27am On Jul 15, 2021
Rubyventures:

What are you talking about? BA have always allowed passengers to drop off their luggage a day before travel its just that most passengers dont take it up. You cant compare a British Airline to a Nigerian Airline. Let us be honest everything about Nigeria is chaotic, they lack customer service and care. They treat you as if you are begging them to take their airline , They also lack maintenance culture. When they delay or cancel their flight they treat you with disregard.

There is nothing about colonialism here. This will only be the case if they offer the same type of service. How can you compare a crap service to a good service?
I love to patronise Nigerian Airlines but i always end up regreting it.

When I use BA they fly me out of Abuja in their oldest equipments (Boeing 777-200er). When I use same BA out of London to Dubai or elsewhere they fly me in their modern A350 (more comfort ) partly because they don’t value Nigerians. When I fly Ethiopian they use there best planes out of Abuja or Lagos ( Dreamliner or the silent A350or the newer 777-300er) . The average Nigerian will pick BA over ethiopian any day because BA is British and Ethiopian is owned by poor Ethiopia. That’s the point I’m making. Not all Nigerian airlines offer poor service in any case if you are operating in the Nigerian aviation environment the quality of your service delivery will drop . Richard Branson was a global brand in aviation but the moment he came to Nigeria as virgin Nigeria his airline (in Nigeria) was no different from any other Nigerian airline . Poor baggage handling , delays , cancellations, disputes and all the issues common across Nigerian airlines .
Baggage drop off is an option available to many airlines globally but if that option is made available in Nigeria our people will resist it because they trust the British system more. My opinion is my opinion . Don’t have to agree with it .

Nigerian aviation is well regulated and maintenance flaws are not a norm. Recently Azman had its license suspended for flaunting some rules . The civil aviation airspace has suffered no disaster in almost 10 years .

Do British airlines treat Nigerians any better ? When BA dumped Lagos passengers in Accra instead of Abuja some people helped justify the action by saying Abuja airport was not safe. That is an effect of colonialism. Praising bad treatment and seeing nothing wrong in what they do
Re: British Airways Urges Travellers To Drop Their Luggage A Day Before Travel by Tundex911: 10:43am On Jul 15, 2021
CoronaVirus is REAL
Re: British Airways Urges Travellers To Drop Their Luggage A Day Before Travel by lin888: 11:17am On Jul 15, 2021
Niece:
If this happens in Naija would we allowed? The truth is, all nations have their shortcomings.

You make sense.

Aside terrorist and brutal killings going on in Nigeria now. If our goverment can tire road of every nock and crane in Nigeria and give us light, water and health facilities. our problem is half way solved and we the citizen will take care of the rest but...i mean but they want us to shed blood to get all these things that they can afford to commision and construct within a year.

God dey undecided

1 Like

Re: British Airways Urges Travellers To Drop Their Luggage A Day Before Travel by Gfskw: 5:32pm On Jul 15, 2021
Why

(1) (2) (Reply)

Burial Of Chinedu Emeyazia Victim Lokoja Explosion "Touching Pictures" / 75 Stranded World Cup Fans Escape In Russia / The Nigerian Passports Will Henceforth Be Produced Locally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.