Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland (2134 Views)

Singer Brymo Bows To Pressure, Tenders Apology For Anti-igbo Comments / Boko Haram: Mailafia Refuses To Retract Comments About Northern Governor / Dickson Says November Election Is About Ijaw Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by szczescie(m): 6:05am On Jul 15, 2021
I'm just noticing Ijaw sounds like I Jew and izon sounds like Izrael lol

Any topic that has to do with Name or politics or something that indicates maybe Yorubas on Nairaland there are always comments from nairalanders who are Igbo making some funny remarks.

I assumed it was friendly banter between Igbos and yorubas.

But now the way they are attacking ijaws and we are not responding, I know we don't have that kind of friendly banter or atleast I don't recall anytime we agreed to have such exchanges.
I also don't understand why they do this, I will say a few, a few Igbos on Nairaland want to appropriate, annex Ijaw states, Ijaw people etc to Igbo.

Look many of you are not good students of history or you were taught wrong things so I will just point you in the right direction, I won't tell you what to think.

But I want to assure you with all honesty and sincerity, ijaw people (I am an ijaw man both from my father and my mother and I am from one of the royal families in ijaw land)
So I know what I am saying, Ijaw people do not hate Igbos, we do not hate yorubas, we do not hate anyone, and we try as much as possible from what I perceive and what I can tell, we try our best to avoid conflict, remember when others where saying if their tribe doesn't get this or that doesn't happen baboon blood will spill, our person said my election is not worth anybody's life. That is just one example.

However the calmness of the crocodile is not weakness, why do I say all these?

People do not seem to know that by number of states and by population the ijaw tribe is amongst the top 3 and top 4 tribe respectively

Because we don't make noise or hurl insults online to stir ethnic or tribe conflicts doesn't mean we are not in Nigeria or we can't do it. We just refuse to do it.

I do not think it is wise or fair for some Igbo people on Nairaland to keep claiming ijaws are these and that, we see all the insults targeted at us especially and even almost exclusively from the Igbos, I've never met an Hausa or Fulani man both online or offline who was insulting of ijaws. Many ijaws have lived peacefully with yorubas for so long you can't even tell the difference now,
In ajegunle and environs in the 60's and 70's there were large ijaw settlements or enclaves or however you want to call them, there are also large numbers of ijaws in some Yoruba states even some ijaws in ijaw states bear Yoruba names, many can speak Yoruba my mom speaks Yoruba and she's from Bayelsa, her half brothers are named taiye, kehinde etc Yoruba names.

But the yorubas have never one day come online to claim ijaw people are Yoruba, some ijaw or many ijaws largely agree through oral history that ijaws came from Bini but even the Bini people have NEVER one day said we are lesser than them or their subjects or any of that or we must fight their battle or must support them.

But online no week passes without some form of name calling, tribalism etc being flung at us from the Igbos and Most times it goes unreplied read the topics here on Nairaland that has to do with anything concerning ijaws. It is not as If we are not on Nairaland, it is not as if we don't see them or read them. We just chose not to reply.

But it has graduated to the level of propaganda and this is why I needed to post this, because in the future some of them will claim "if the ijaws were not or are not Igbos why did they kept quiet" their children may say " if your parents weren't Igbos why didn't they reply when my parents claimed they were Igbos" so this is the post saying WE THE IJAWS ARE NOT IGBOS.

what do I mean? Some Igbos online are now claiming all ijaws or most ijaws are Igbos, firstly, na by force?

Secondly in what way are we Igbos? We don't speak same language most of us do not share a common ancestor or history, during the Biafra war you renamed some places to Igbo names and claimed they had always been like that as if we don't have history, I want you to read Mary Henrietta Kingsley's book on West African History read the part on Nigeria and the Kalabari people or new Calabar people as they were called then, see if you can find ONE, just ONE Igbo name, also we have been bearing Portuguese names and naming our places Portuguese and English names since 1700's does that mean we are Portuguese or English? till today Port Harcourt is named after Harcourt, Bishop Bara heart, Braithwaith memorial, Forcados, even the ijaws you know off from wayyyy back their names where Isaac, George, Melford, Graham, West and so on.

Thirdly you forget we were once clumped under eastern region and we agitated to leave for certain reasons, go and read history about the creation of old Rivers State and maybe you'll understand, Northerners didn't create rivers state for no reason or because they wanted to, We Rivers people, ijaw people wanted our own state, because according to those who were alive and actively involved then and who moved for it, Eastern Region which the Igbos were a part of became Igbo, I don't think you understand that, everything good that came to eastern region was centered in Owerri, Enugu or any other exclusively Igbo town, rails, govm't buildings, anything, Port Harcourt was in existence but nothing came that way all other old cities of other tribes were in existence but attention was not given to them, and there was serious nepotism.

This led to people like Melford okilo and co. Pressuring Gowon for a State,

Even when it comes to cessation from Nigeria don't forget Niger Delta Republic was declared on February 23, 1966 and they fought against Federal forces before being defeated. Isaac Boro and his comrades were jailed for treason by Ojukwu and co. Ojukwu fought for Nigeria against the NDR only to turn back barely 3 years later and try to force us into Biafra, without even an apology or statement of regret or even acknowledgement like "sorry oh, you guys were right then". He just woke up and added us to battle and think we will fight for him just like that, Let us fight under Biafra and gain independence under Biafra Lol. A Biafra whose identity is so igbolised, igboitic. From their god chukwuAbiama to currency to flag to everything. that is not a country in which an ijaw man will thrive, it will be frying pan to fire.

I as a person I am not against Biafra if you want it Goodluck to you left for me I would allow the refrendum, what I disagree with is your manner of trying to forcefully coerce others into your Biafra, you want freedom from Nigeria but you don't want to respect freedom of Niger Delta from Igbos? That is hypocritical.

Port Harcourt is the most free, most open, most accepting city in all of Nigeria. Yes! I've been to all big cities they usually speak Igbo(Enugu, Owerri), Yoruba (Lagos) or Hausa (Kano, Abuja) but in Port Harcourt English or pidgin are the default, they are the languages you are expected or assumed to speak. But even when you speak yoruba or Hausa, Tiv, Igbo or anything else nobody eyeballs you or acts prejudiced against you because of it. I know cities in this Nigeria where if you speak Hausa or Igbo prices go down for you, if you speak other language prices go up for you.

In Owerri and Enugu people expected me to speak Igbo, when I went to buy something the seller spoke Igbo to me, in Kano the bus drivers many spoke ONLY Hausa not even pidgin English, in Lagos along the conversation you'll just hear the speaker burst into rants in Yoruba and leave you lost in translation.

There are alot of Igbo people especially from imo in port Harcourt, but there are also many Akwa ibom people, many yorubas and people from everywhere else, we have our own problems like everyone else, we don't deny it. But insulting us trying to get us agitated will not help you in any way at all.

You want us to hate the hausa's but it is you dragging our land, it is you selling things to us 2 times the price because we are not Nwokem

You only want us not because you love us or you want the best for us or because we are brothers or anything like that but merely because you want numbers when you want to fight Hausa people or Yoruba people.

You claim we migrated from Ghana, Sierra Leone etc, lol we haven't denied it and we are not saying it's impossible but didn't you also migrate from somewhere to wherever you are today? Dont you claim to come from Israel? So if that's true it means even the land under your feet should be taken from you.

Also you are not doing yourself any good by fighting everybody, insulting everybody, everybody knows nothing only you knows everything, only you is smart everyone else is dumb. You are fighting yourself into a corner, a corner that will keep reducing as you fight away everyone who can possibly help you.

I will continue to advocate that ijaws do not fall for the trap of becoming hateful people, we should keep following peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see God.
We should remain accommodating that's why people say Ijaw people don't travel, travel to where when PH, Yenagoa, and other Niger Delta states are the most accommodating? No religious, ethnic, language intolerance, no cheating you because you are not my brother or you can't speak my language.

Finally if you are interested in knowing where most ijaw people stand on breaking the country called Nigeria.
It's one of three things
1. No, don't break it.
2. Southern Nigeria (which will include us, Yoruba and Igbo and other interested parties or regions)
3. Niger Delta Republic. (Just us)

No to us and Igbos alone in Biafra, that's not even an option except for a few hungry irrelevant people or just social media noise by one or two people with multiple accounts.

Why those 3 options? Because Nigerian politicians are the same, just greedy people interested in Thier pocket breaking Away from Nigeria will not stop the likes of Wike, godswill akpabio etc from doing their evil deeds and ruling badly. If an ijaw man becomes president or not it will not affect me personally. If an Igbo man becomes president it will not affect you personally, the north have been president for so long yet the ordinary northerners have very little or nothing to show for it.

We are not Igbos we are a distinct separate entity with different language, culture, dressing, history, delicacies, oral traditions, value system etc

We left the eastern region for a reason and wouldn't want to go back to that arrangement ever again we either remain alone or if we have to stay with the Igbos then Yoruba people, Tiv people INFACT all the middle belt and south west will be in that union. To counter balance each other, minimise bigotry, tribalism and so on.

That we are not exactly the same doesn't mean we cannot work together for the betterment of human life.

Thank you
Stay in love

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by KillMNKnow(f): 6:25am On Jul 15, 2021
sad
Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by Northernblood3: 6:26am On Jul 15, 2021
I didn't read to the end.

But Many of those idiots claiming Igbo are not Igbos. When that Fat Toad (Asari) said that Igbos are slave to Ijaw, looking at the response from from our leader MNK which is where we stand, you won't see any insult in it. We just know that it is foolishness a headslammer is characterized with

In the aspect of Lumping your Ijaw(Niger Delta), Trust me, 80 percent of Igbos doesn't support that. We understand that many from that side keep seeing us as cunny people that wants to steal their oil (despite the fact that North is the one doing this while they look), so if we are in the same country, this same mentality will breed hatred, tribalism and similar nonsense that stops country from choosing right man for leadership but will rather choose their brother, and at the end, progress is halted or slow (Forming nigeria 2.0). what majority of Igbos say especially after unsuccessful May 30 remembrance day in many part of Niger Delta is that, "let them show interest , if not, let them be"This is our stand .

13 Likes

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by Ifearnoevil: 6:29am On Jul 15, 2021
Which kind wahala be this.
How and when did igbo claim ijaw.
If you are talking about the inclusion of ijaw territories in the initial Biafra map,I think that has been addressed as presently what is being worked on is an only igbo republic.
Asari have been insulting igbos and causing confusion here and there and yet you dare to complain about igbos.
I live in Port Harcourt and I know ijaws like the back of my hand and the worst thing that will happen to the igbos is to be in the same country with the ijaws as most are ignorant and don't even understand what is going on in Nigeria.
Ask an average Ijaw person to tell you what is with their beaf with igbos as there was no recorded incident of igbo oppression or marginalization of the minorities during the then Eastern region,they will start blabbing.
How do you expect to live in the same country with a people that believe it is better for the fulanis to take their oil than for the igbos to marginalize them.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by kollinzgee(m): 6:35am On Jul 15, 2021
Who said ijaws are Igbos?

We do not speak the same language,we don't look alike based on resemblance a typical ijaws man dark in complexion.

Op gone are those days when we include ijaws in Biafra,now we just réalised it can never work all we want is an Igbo only republic any other thing you see hear is the work of BMC nothing more.

17 Likes

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by RobbStark(m): 6:39am On Jul 15, 2021
szczescie:
I'm just noticing Ijaw sounds like I Jew and izon sounds like Izrael lol

Any topic that has to do with Name or politics or something that indicates maybe Yorubas on Nairaland there are always comments from nairalanders who are Igbo making some funny remarks.

But now the way they are attacking ijaws and we are not responding, I know we don't have that kind of friendly banter or atleast I don't recall anytime we agreed to have such exchanges.
I also don't understand why they do this, I will say a few, a few Igbos on Nairaland want to appropriate, annex Ijaw states, Ijaw people etc to Igbo.

Look many of you are not good students of history or you were taught wrong things so I will just point you in the right direction, I won't tell you what to think.

But I want to assure you with all honesty and sincerity, ijaw people (I am an ijaw man both from my father and my mother and I am from one of the royal families in ijaw land)
So I know what I am saying, Ijaw people do not hate Igbos, we do not hate yorubas, we do not hate anyone, and we try as much as possible from what I perceive and what I can tell, we try our best to avoid conflict, remember when others where saying if their tribe doesn't get this or that doesn't happen baboon blood will spill, our person said my election is not worth anybody's life. That is just one example.

People do not seem to know that by number of states and by population the ijaw tribe is amongst the top 3 and top 4 tribe respectively

Because we don't make noise or hurl insults online to stir ethnic or tribe conflicts doesn't mean we are not in Nigeria or we can't do it. We just refuse to do it.

I do not think it is wise or fair for some Igbo people on Nairaland to keep claiming ijaws are these and that, we see all the insults targeted at us especially and even almost exclusively from the Igbos, I've never met an Hausa or Fulani man both online or offline who was insulting of ijaws. Many ijaws have lived peacefully with yorubas for so long you can't even tell the difference now,
In ajegunle and environs in the 60's and 70's there were large ijaw settlements or enclaves or however you want to call them, there are also large numbers of ijaws in some Yoruba states even some ijaws in ijaw states bear Yoruba names, many can speak Yoruba my mom speaks Yoruba and she's from Bayelsa, her half brothers are named taiye, kehinde etc Yoruba names.

But the yorubas have never one day come online to claim ijaw people are Yoruba, some ijaw or many ijaws largely agree through oral history that ijaws came from Bini but even the Bini people have NEVER one day said we are lesser than them or their subjects or any of that or we must fight their battle or must support them.

But online no week passes without some form of name calling, tribalism etc being flung at us from the Igbos and Most times it goes unreplied read the topics here on Nairaland that has to do with anything concerning ijaws. It is not as If we are not on Nairaland, it is not as if we don't see them or read them. We just chose not to reply.

But it has graduated to the level of propaganda and this is why I needed to post this, because in the future some of them will claim "if the ijaws were not or are not Igbos why did they kept quiet" their children may say " if your parents weren't Igbos why didn't they reply when my parents claimed they were Igbos" so this is the post saying WE THE IJAWS ARE NOT IGBOS.

what do I mean? Some Igbos online are now claiming all ijaws or most ijaws are Igbos, firstly, na by force?

Secondly in what way are we Igbos? We don't speak same language most of us do not share a common ancestor or history, during the Biafra war you renamed some places to Igbo names and claimed they had always been like that as if we don't have history, I want you to read Mary Henrietta Kingsley's book on West African History read the part on Nigeria and the Kalabari people or new Calabar people as they were called then, see if you can find ONE, just ONE Igbo name, also we have been bearing Portuguese names and naming our places Portuguese and English names since 1700's does that mean we are Portuguese or English? till today Port Harcourt is named after Harcourt, Bishop Bara heart, Braithwaith memorial, Forcados, even the ijaws you know off from wayyyy back their names where Isaac, George, Melford, Graham, West and so on.

Thirdly you forget we where once clumped under eastern region and we agitated to leave for certain reasons, go and read history about the creation of old rivers state and maybe you'll understand, Northerners didn't create rivers state for no reason or because they wanted to, We Rivers people, ijaw people wanted our own state, because according to those who were alive then and who moved for it, Eastern Region which the Igbos were a part of became Igbo, I don't think you understand that, everything good that came to eastern region was centered in Owerri, Enugu or any other exclusively Igbo town, rails, govmt buildings, anything, port Harcourt was in existence but nothing came that way all other old cities of other tribes were in existence but attention was not given to them, and there was serious nepotism.

This led to people like Melford okilo and co. Pressuring Gowon for a state,

Even when it comes to cessation from Nigeria don't forget Niger Delta Republic was declared on February 23, 1966 and they fought with federal forces before being defeated. Isaac Boro and his comrades were jailed for treason by Ojukwu and co. Ojukwu fought for Nigeria against the NDR only to turn back barely 3 years later and try to force us into Biafra, without even a sorry oh, you guys were right then. He just woke up and added us to battle and think we will fight for him just like that, Let us fight under Biafra and gain independence under Biafra Lol. A Biafra whose identity is so igbolised, igboitic. From there god to currency to flag to everything that is not a country in which an ijaw man will thrive, it will be frying pan to fire.

I as a person I am not against Biafra if you want it Goodluck to you left for me I would allow the refrendum, what I disagree with is your manner of trying to forcefully coerce others into your Biafra, you want freedom from Nigeria but you don't want to respect freedom of Niger Delta from Igbos?

Port Harcourt is the most free, most open, most accepting city in all of Nigeria. Yes! I've been to all big cities they usually speak Igbo(Enugu, Owerri), Yoruba (Lagos) or Hausa (Kano, Abuja) but in Port Harcourt English is the default, it is the language you are expectes or assumed to speak.

In Owerri and Enugu people expected me to speak Igbo, when I went to buy something the seller spoke Igbo to me, in Kano the bus drivers many spoke ONLY Hausa not even pidgin English, in Lagos along the conversation you'll just hear the speaker burst into rants in Yoruba and leave you lost in translation.

There are alot of Igbo people especially from imo in port Harcourt, but there are also many Akwa ibom people, many yorubas and people from everywhere else, we have our own problems like everyone else, we don't deny it. But insulting us trying to get us agitated will not help you in any way at all.

You want us to hate the hausa's but it is you dragging our land, it is you selling things to us 2 times the price because we are not Nwokem

You only want us not because you love us or you want the best for us or because we are brothers or anything like that but merely because you want numbers when you want to fight Hausa people or Yoruba people.

You claim we migrated from Ghana, Sierra Leone etc, lol we haven't denied it and we are not saying it's impossible but didn't you also migrate from somewhere to wherever you are today? Dont you claim to come from Israel? So if that's true it means even the land under your feet should be taken from you.

Also you are not doing yourself any good by fighting everybody, insulting everybody, everybody knows nothing only you knows everything, only you is smart everyone else is dumb. You are fighting yourself into a corner a corner that will keep reducing as you fight away everyone who can possibly help you.

I will continue to advocate that ijaws do not fall for the trap of becoming hateful people, we should keep following peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see God.
We should remain accommodating that's why people say Ijaw people don't travel, travel to where when PH, Yenagoa, and other Niger Delta states are the most accommodating? No religious, ethnic, language intolerance, no cheating you because you are not my brother or you can't speak my language.

Finally if you are interested in knowing where most ijaw people stand on breaking the country called Nigeria.
It's one of three things
1. No, don't break it.
2. Southern Nigeria (which will include Yoruba and Igbo regions)
3. Niger Delta Republic.

No Biafra that's not even an option except for a few hungry irrelevant people or just social media noise by one or two people with multiple accounts.

Why those 3 options? Because Nigerian politicians are the same, just greedy people interested in Thier pocket breaking Away from Nigeria will not stop the likes of Wike, godswill akpabio etc from doing their evil deeds and ruling badly. If an ijaw man becomes president or not it will not affect me personally. If an Igbo Ann becomes president it will not affect you personally, the north have been president for so long yet the ordinary northerners have very little or nothing to show for it.

We are not Igbos we are a distinct separate entity with different language, culture, dressing, history, delicacies, oral traditions, value system etc

We left the eastern region for a reason and wouldn't want to go back to that arrangement ever again we either remain alone or if we have to stay with the Igbos then Yoruba people, Tiv people INFACT all the middle belt and south west will be in that union. To counter balance each other, minimise bigotry, tribalism and so on.

That we are not exactly the same doesn't mean we cannot work together for the betterment of human life.

Thank you
Stay in love

Well said brother. Well said.
I am even tired of responding to one particular guy whose early morning preeek Jack is Ijaws. Even in the wee hours of the morning, while others are sleeping, he is looking for material to write about the Ijaws.

I have asked him what we actually did to him, up till now he hasn't say.
But I could deduce from his write ups and name slandering of the Ijaws that his hatred stems from the fact that he felt we betrayed them in their useless war as taught them or told to them in their village squares.

I have vowed never to engage him in any online war of words like you stated, we are a peace loving people who just want to do their thing their way.

As an Ijaw man, I love the Ibo people
Same love goes to the Yorubas whom I have interacted with severally.
We as a people have no grudge against any of these tribes or people.

I will keep showing him love until he stops
Nnuo--o, Ibama

4 Likes

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 6:45am On Jul 15, 2021
Ijaw is Ijaw.
Igbo is Igbo.
I don't support the forceful annexation of Ijaws to Igbo, the Ijaw Ethnic group is just as old as the Igbo Ethnic group.

But where i disagree with you is that area of "Ijaws don't hate anyone" i meet Ijaw people who tell me to my face daily that they hate me for being Igbo; they just don't say it, they act it. They are always ready to remind you that you are Igbo and they hate you.
And the Ikwerre's too. as a kid growing up in Portharcourt, i know what i pass through trying to play with other kids in Sandfield.
I can not put every experience of mine in the South Southern region down here, but i still love them; Ijaws, Akassa and Ogoni, all lovely people.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by SlayerForever: 6:53am On Jul 15, 2021
Stupid thread. Just carry your Ijaw republic and getat.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by selemempe: 7:08am On Jul 15, 2021
The op is an idiot.

Like all nairaland idiots, he wants to trend with Igbo topic.

Ask him to show us where Igbos wanted to Annex ijaw. Was it not GEJ who said Igbos are the backbone of his administration.

Which igboman send ijaw? Like how? We have all said here severally that any Biafra with ijaw in it is a no no for Igbos.

Kanu has been arrested. Biafran map has been redrawn.

Take your silly ijaw ass to the creeks and live your life in peace.
In all we have heard, we have never heard an Igbo man call ijaw people slaves. But we have heard asari call Igbos slaves.

Op no let thunder fire you like this o

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by nairalandankrah: 7:13am On Jul 15, 2021
OP ARE YOU A FOOOOLLLLLL

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by Hyperchi(m): 7:34am On Jul 15, 2021
awa oyel ppl. no no they are bad for biz,

9 Likes

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by Gireiboy(m): 7:47am On Jul 15, 2021
Ifearnoevil:
Which kind wahala be this.
How and when did igbo claim ijaw.
If you are talking about the inclusion of ijaw territories in the initial Biafra map,I think that has been addressed as presently what is being worked on is an only igbo republic.
Asari have been insulting igbos and causing confusion here and there and yet you dare to complain about igbos.
I live in Port Harcourt and I know ijaws like the back of my hand and the worst thing that will happen to the igbos is to be in the same country with the ijaws as most are ignorant and don't even understand what is going on in Nigeria.
Ask an average Ijaw person to tell you what is with their beaf with igbos as there was no recorded incident of igbo oppression or marginalization of the minorities during the then Eastern region,they will start blabbing.
How do you expect to live in the same country with a people that believe it is better for the fulanis to take their oil than for the igbos to marginalize them.
No recorded incident you say! so, majority of Ijaws are lying and all igboid claim about atrocities committed on them by the Hausa/Fulani's is true ba! how convenient!
Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by Ifearnoevil: 8:19am On Jul 15, 2021
Gireiboy:

No recorded incident you say! so, majority of Ijaws are lying and all igboid claim about atrocities committed on them by the Hausa/Fulani's is true ba! how convenient!

Yes they are lieing.
What atrocities?
As a majority tribe, was it ever recorded in history that igbos invaded or annexed their minority nieghbours unlike what was obtainable in other parts of Nigeria and Africa.
Get yourself a copy of the Willikins report and decipher for yourself who is telling the truth.
Mind you Mr Willikins is not an Igbo man.
Why you are on it, look for a copy of Okpara cabinet members from 1960 to 1966.
Even their hero Adaka Boro was on Eastern region scholarship and was the SUG president in a predominantly igbo dominated university of Nigeria Nssuka so who is fooling who

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by Imolastborn99: 8:28am On Jul 15, 2021
How can Ijaw be Igbos? Ijaws that are dumb and brain dead, God forbid

11 Likes

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by sweerychick(f): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2021
I've noticed that after Igbos supported GEJ ijaws are now boasting and making so much noise. Op don't die of Igbo matter because Igbos no send una at all, leave all this bullshit you see on nairaland an average Igbo man has no time for an ijaw person. So carry your igbo hate filled thread and gerrahere Ijaws are too insignificant for Igbos to wail about

17 Likes

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by Fejoku: 8:41am On Jul 15, 2021
Firstly, Igbos do not hate Ijaws and any moniker on nairaland who has through one way or the other has made you feel so is certainly not representing us.
Secondly, Igbos do not claim Ijaws to be an Igbo group like they would to Ikwerres or Ekpeyes. Most links Igbos have with Ijaws is bothered on the relationship we shared from time past. Most of this shared history is mostly around the Kalahari, Okrika and Bonny areas of Rivers state. You'll hardly hear of any such relationship with distant Ijaw areas of the creeks in Bayelsa like the Southern Ijaw, Kolokuma/Opokuma areas. The reason behind such call to brotherhood is so we can work together and build up a formidable country. There's no any annexation attempt of any where like some of you Ijaws fear. Let me give you a simple example. From your post op, you referred to Port Harcourt as though it was wholly Ijawland. This might be deliberate or unintentional but I choose to see it as being unintentional so normally will gloss over it. This is how Igbos understand those other areas could be. The shared history of our people in those areas warranted such diluted culture of those PH and its neighbouring areas compared to wholly one ethnic occupied areas as Owerri, Umuahia, Enugu, Southern Ijaw towns or Amassama. You can't come to whole Igbo occupied towns and expect them to be speaking English on first contact. Normally, they'll speak English to you when they notice you don't speak Igbo. This is how it is all over the world. If Ijaws choose to speak English in their own wholly owned towns then good for them. We will not because of anything throw away our language. Shared communities however are a different thing. Lots of adjustments will be made to accommodate the various people but indigenous languages are still being spoken there. Compare Lagos and Ibadan or Abeokuta. Even though English is most common in Lagos, Yoruba is still very audible but some Yorubas feel it's inadequate. Compare that to Ibadan where English is almost absent. Why would anyone feel bad about it? Why should anyone feel bad if Igbo is being spoken to everyone in Aba or Owerre?
Thirdly, no Igbo is out to get you or your resources. For goodness sake, have we not proven our entrepreneurial acumen by going into the four corners of the world to amass wealth? Is it then one small Ijaw land that will make millions of our people to abandon the world to come and drink the bayelsan oil? Open your eyes my friend! Your morbid fear of Ndigbo is only in your head. Are we going to kill your people and take your land? Is that what you think? Is their any history of Igbos wiping off whole communities and disposessing them of their lands? No we are not like that. We do not destroy places rather we build them up because it is more profiting to build than to destroy.
I'm one of those that strongly believe in a Biafra that includes non-Igbos including Ijaws but It's not going to be by force or even by plea. Any party not interested can go ahead with their separate plans. However, we must be smart enough to know when to synergize for our own collective safety/victory. No western European country will watch the US fight a big war alone because they understand the implication of the US being out of the world East-West balance of force. Any fight the Igbos are fighting today in Nigeria is also for the benefit of the Ijaws. Do you see how the people of Southern Kaduna are being slaughtered currently? Who is standing for them? If the Ijaws are to face a similar fate, who will stand with them? Think my friend.
Lastly, the future belongs to those that plan ahead and make alliances to ensure their survival. Many tribes have gone extinct and many more will go. Smart ones graft themselves to stronger ones for survival. This is how many humans and animals survive the many dangers of the world.

7 Likes

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by sweerychick(f): 8:46am On Jul 15, 2021
Ifearnoevil:

Yes they are lieing.
What atrocities?
As a majority tribe, was it ever recorded in history that igbos invaded or annexed their minority nieghbours unlike what was obtainable in other parts of Nigeria and Africa.
Get yourself a copy of the Willikins report and decipher for yourself who is telling the truth.
Mind you Mr Willikins is not an Igbo man.
Why you are on it, look for a copy of Okpara cabinet members from 1960 to 1966.
Even their hero Adaka Boro was on Eastern region scholarship and was the SUG president in a predominantly igbo dominated university of Nigeria Nssuka so who is fooling who
don't mind those fat black ugly noise makers that think that every Nigerian citizen is interested in their oil... I don't blame them I blame Nnamdi kanu for his excesses

1 Like

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by RobbStark(m): 8:57am On Jul 15, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:
Your comments has shown that all Ijaw people are Ogogoro and Kai Kai mixed with schnapps drinkards be it royal or peasant family.
When Yaradua died and Goodluck Jonathan was being prevented by Hausa/Fulani and other tribes from becoming president it was an Igbo woman (Late Dora Akunyuli) that raised the alarmed and spoke against the scheming.
It was still the Igbos that gave Goodluck Jonathan, an Ijaw man over 90% votes while he was being rejected by other tribes.
It's so glaring that Ijaw people are ingrates, good for nothing people and don't deserve anything good.
For your information, Igbos don't need Ijaws, you can keep your Oyel or drink it if you like. Igbos don't have time for petty talks, they are business minded people. The igbos dont have anything in common with ijaw people. Your people have no economic value, ijaw people spend almost all their day in the creeks drinking Ogogoro, eating kokoyam porridge with starch while staring at the backside of women going to the farm.

Stop lying to yourself kid, which 90%vote are you talking about.
If you have such strength why aren't you producing presidents.

Lie with the fear of God

Ijaws are not good for nothing.
Instead it is you that is big for nothing as you claimed. Is it by force to follow you guys to your promise land, there are other tribes in this region why aren't you guys troubling them the way you trouble us.

Live and let live.
Ijaws are great people who don't have ish with any tribe only when you trespass then we clear you straight.

Talking about women, well as at the last count the number of men who have died as a result of just "smiling'' with women are from the East. All those useless men who are dying because of hole are ibos.
I rest my case
Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by Muna4real(f): 9:56am On Jul 15, 2021
Mtchew
Everybody wants to trend with Igbos.

7 Likes

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by mightyhaze: 10:47am On Jul 15, 2021
Lol.. Igbo Igbo Igbo

Una no dey tire?

6 Likes

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by BKayy: 10:55am On Jul 15, 2021
Look at this swamp man trying to trend his Ogogoro drinking group by roping Igbo tag to it.

My dear Ogogoro drinking swampian, with all due respect "Fvck off"
We have no apologies for reminding butterflies that they are insects.
Thank you.
Yours lovingly,
Igbo man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by BKayy: 10:59am On Jul 15, 2021
NwaEzefuNaMba:
Ijaw is Ijaw.
Igbo is Igbo.
I don't support the forceful annexation of Ijaws to Igbo, the Ijaw Ethnic group is just as old as the Igbo Ethnic group.

But where i disagree with you is that area of "Ijaws don't hate anyone" i have lived in Brass For over 10yrs now, i meet people who tell me to my face daily that they hate me for being Igbo; they just don't say it, they act it. They are always ready to remind you that you are Igbo and they hate you.
And the Ikwerre's too. as a kid growing up in Portharcourt, i know what i pass through trying to play with other kids in Sandfield.
I can not put every experience of mine in the South Southern region down here, but i still love them; Ijaws, Akassa and Ogoni, all lovely people.
Ijaws as old as Igbo?
My friend don't meddle into things you have no deep knowledge about.
You mean the Sierra leonian and ashanti people that came with the British as western frontier force are as old as indigenous ethnic group in their own land?

5 Likes

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:40am On Jul 15, 2021
Lol.....some people just love to feel important. Igbo keyboard warriors do have an unhealthy obsession with Yorubas which I find irritating, and Igbos harbour a very strong resentment of Hausa-Fulanis (with a particularly deep hatred for Fulanis), but this is the first time I'm hearing Igbos hate Ijaws. grin Or that Igbos claim Ijaws are Igbos. Where the actual fucck do you get this horseshiit from? grin Do you just want to feel important, deluding yourself about some non-existent rivalry and conflict between Igbos and Ijaws? I don't know a single Igbo person in my life who even discusses Ijaws, so where you unearthed these wild claims from is a mystery to me and most people here. Better take your medicine, OP. You have strong schizophrenic delusions.

13 Likes

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by tutudesz: 11:49am On Jul 15, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:
Your comments has shown that all Ijaw people are Ogogoro and Kai Kai mixed with schnapps drinkards be it royal or peasant family.
When Yaradua died and Goodluck Jonathan was being prevented by Hausa/Fulani and other tribes from becoming president it was an Igbo woman (Late Dora Akunyuli) that raised the alarmed and spoke against the scheming.
It was still the Igbos that gave Goodluck Jonathan, an Ijaw man over 90% votes while he was being rejected by other tribes.
It's so glaring that Ijaw people are ingrates, good for nothing people and don't deserve anything good.
For your information, Igbos don't need Ijaws, you can keep your Oyel or drink it if you like. Igbos don't have time for petty talks, they are business minded people. The igbos dont have anything in common with ijaw people. Your people have no economic value, ijaw people spend almost all their day in the creeks drinking Ogogoro, eating kokoyam porridge with starch while staring at the backside of women going to the farm.
Your economy value of Baby factories and Drug running

1 Like

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by tutudesz: 11:49am On Jul 15, 2021
BKayy:

Ijaws as old as Igbo?
You mean the Sierra leonian and ashanti people that came with the British as western frontier force are as old as indigenous ethnic group in their own land?
Nairaland Residential Madman will always be present
Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 11:50am On Jul 15, 2021
BKayy:

Ijaws as old as Igbo?

Have baked education or should i said road side education or Product of course sorting undecided undecided undecided
Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by Isobug: 11:52am On Jul 15, 2021
I have never seen any igboman annexing Igbo with the Ijaws, never. They are completely different people from the Igbos. Who cares about oil which Igbos also have to an extent.
Op you're either a Yoruba looking for discrimination against Igbos or you are hateful and not knowledgeable

2 Likes

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by Eastlink(m): 11:53am On Jul 15, 2021
szczescie:
[s]I'm just noticing Ijaw sounds like I Jew and izon sounds like Izrael lol

Thirdly you forget we where once clumped under eastern region and we agitated to leave for certain reasons, go and read history about the creation of old rivers state and maybe you'll understand, Northerners didn't create rivers state for no reason or because they wanted to, We Rivers people, ijaw people wanted our own state, because according to those who were alive then and who moved for it, Eastern Region which the Igbos were a part of became Igbo, I don't think you understand that, everything good that came to eastern region was centered in Owerri, Enugu or any other exclusively Igbo town, rails, govmt buildings, anything, port Harcourt was in existence but nothing came that way all other old cities of other tribes were in existence but attention was not given to them, and there was serious nepotism.

This led to people like Melford okilo and co. Pressuring Gowon for a state,

Even when it comes to cessation from Nigeria don't forget Niger Delta Republic was declared on February 23, 1966 and they fought with federal forces before being defeated. Isaac Boro and his comrades were jailed for treason by Ojukwu and co. Ojukwu fought for Nigeria against the NDR only to turn back barely 3 years later and try to force us into Biafra, without even a sorry oh, you guys were right then. He just woke up and added us to battle and think we will fight for him just like that, Let us fight under Biafra and gain independence under Biafra Lol. A Biafra whose identity is so igbolised, igboitic. From there god to currency to flag to everything that is not a country in which an ijaw man will thrive, it will be frying pan to fire.

I as a person I am not against Biafra if you want it Goodluck to you left for me I would allow the refrendum, what I disagree with is your manner of trying to forcefully coerce others into your Biafra, you want freedom from Nigeria but you don't want to respect freedom of Niger Delta from Igbos?

Port Harcourt is the most free, most open, most accepting city in all of Nigeria. Yes! I've been to all big cities they usually speak Igbo(Enugu, Owerri), Yoruba (Lagos) or Hausa (Kano, Abuja) but in Port Harcourt English is the default, it is the language you are expectes or assumed to speak.

Also you are not doing yourself any good by fighting everybody, insulting everybody, everybody knows nothing only you knows everything, only you is smart everyone else is dumb. You are fighting yourself into a corner a corner that will keep reducing as you fight away everyone who can possibly help you.

It's one of three things
1. No, don't break it.
2. Southern Nigeria (which will include Yoruba and Igbo regions)
3. Niger Delta Republic.

No Biafra that's not even an option except for a few hungry irrelevant people or just social media noise by one or two people with multiple accounts.

Why those 3 options? Because Nigerian politicians are the same, just greedy people interested in Thier pocket breaking Away from Nigeria will not stop the likes of Wike, godswill akpabio etc from doing their evil deeds and ruling badly. If an ijaw man becomes president or not it will not affect me personally. If an Igbo Ann becomes president it will not affect you personally, the north have been president for so long yet the ordinary northerners have very little or nothing to show for it.

Thank you
Stay in love[/s]
Playing victim as usual Tonye. Is this your newest monicker? What hapened to your Ijawcitizen, and countless monickers you use to fight Igbos. Because you've been beaten blue black in your dirty game you now come here to cry foolishly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by tutudesz: 11:54am On Jul 15, 2021
My brother szczescie leave them, there Obsession with Ijaws is out of this world undecided they create different handle and topic to attack us daily, there are some reasonable people among them who speak the truth and there are some useless people like BKayy.
Anywhere the word Ijaw comes up in nairaland, you must find him there

1 Like

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by Eastlink(m): 11:56am On Jul 15, 2021
tutudesz:
[s]My brother szczescie leave them, there Obsession with Ijaws is out of this world undecided they create different handle and topic to attack us daily, there are some reasonable people among them who speak the truth and there are some useless people like BKayy.
Anywhere the word Ijaw comes up in nairaland, you must find him there[/s]
Izon, Jos or Udzor according to european pronounciation are Togolese who where brought into our shores as porters for Portuguese ships. Ijaws are not indegenious to Nigeria and should manage their Bayelsa created to host them.

Have you ever ask yourself why among all the languages in the south only Ijaw looks alien? Igbo, Yoruba, Edo are related languages. The same applies to Efik, Andoni, Ogbia, Abua/Odua, Ibibio, and Ekoid with similar roots.

7 Likes

Re: Addressing Igbo Comments About Ijaw On Nairaland by OnyeOlokoro(m): 11:56am On Jul 15, 2021
I still blame MNK for his inclusion of ijwad to our struggle.

They are not part of us !!!!!

Inshort we hate u guys if dat will make u feel good

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Poll: Lai Mohammed's Cap Defeats Peter Obi By A Wide Margin (Pic) / Former Inspector General Of Police IGP, Tafa Balogun Is Dead [PHOTO] / Peace Accord : Sowore Questioned Tinubu's Absence, Comfronts Shettima (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.