Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

See How Good Nigeria Was In The Early 70s - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Good Nigeria Was In The Early 70s (470 Views)

See How Good Nigeria Was In The Early 70s / Abba Kyari And Geoffrey Onyeama In The 70s (Throwback Photo) / Buhari At A Football Match Between Gwagwadas FC & Tigers FC In 70s (Throwback Ph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Good Nigeria Was In The Early 70s by benson81(m): 8:10am On Jul 15, 2021
I saw some of my dad's old documents and I was amazed at the condition we find ourselves comparing to the hope that people in the older days found themselves.My dad had just finished his M.sc in the USA and wanted to convert the Dollars he had to naira.The rate was N1.35 to $1.He only sent his c.v and application to the embassy.He was replied with a letter stating that application form where available at the embassy even urging him to inform others from his state. Nigeria has indeed been messed up.

Re: See How Good Nigeria Was In The Early 70s by Lawlab5: 8:15am On Jul 15, 2021
Ok
Re: See How Good Nigeria Was In The Early 70s by SportsHD: 8:15am On Jul 15, 2021
The inflation is mad.
All our past leaders need to be tried for treason.
Re: See How Good Nigeria Was In The Early 70s by Officialhorlah(m): 8:17am On Jul 15, 2021
Hmm
May God help our Country
Re: See How Good Nigeria Was In The Early 70s by yanabasee1(m): 8:20am On Jul 15, 2021
Same set of old men are the ones making life even more unbearable for the younger generation, after having to witness a fulfilled and well-to-do government back in the days...

I am sure, your father is Buhari's mate or younger than Buhari. And Buhari is ruling us in this 21st century....
Re: See How Good Nigeria Was In The Early 70s by matify83: 8:24am On Jul 15, 2021
Good is a relative term.

The 1970's may have been good when viewed through the prism of today's economy but ask your dad if that exchange rate was easy to cough out then considering the minimum wage obtainable in that era.

Our children will envy "our today" that we so gleefully despise with ignomy.

I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: See How Good Nigeria Was In The Early 70s by joe54: 8:42am On Jul 15, 2021
grin
Re: See How Good Nigeria Was In The Early 70s by chatinent: 9:05am On Jul 15, 2021
Military ruined it.

1 Like

Re: See How Good Nigeria Was In The Early 70s by realstars: 9:12am On Jul 15, 2021
I Was Good Untill The Fulani's Took Over The Millitry And Rule It To Chaff.

1 Like

Re: See How Good Nigeria Was In The Early 70s by Christistruth00: 9:54am On Jul 15, 2021
matify83:
Good is a relative term.

The 1970's may have been good when viewed through the prism of today's economy but ask your dad if that exchange rate was easy to cough out then considering the minimum wage obtainable in that era.

Our children will envy "our today" that we so gleefully despise with ignomy.

I come in peace.

Food was Surplus even for dogs

1 Like

Re: See How Good Nigeria Was In The Early 70s by benson81(m): 9:43am On Aug 27, 2021
yanabasee1:
Same set of old men are the ones making life even more unbearable for the younger generation, after having to witness a fulfilled and well-to-do government back in the days...

I am sure, your father is Buhari's mate or younger than Buhari. And Buhari is ruling us in this 21st century....
My Father is actually 81

(1) (Reply)

Why Has President Buhari Not Traveled For His Medical Check-up / Egi Youth Federation Election 2021(okwu Uchenwa Kenneth For President) / APC May Lose Power As Court Declares Buni’s Chairmanship Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.