Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Five Killed In Delta Cult War - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Five Killed In Delta Cult War (1029 Views)

Five Killed In Anambra As Troops Repel Unknown Gunmen Attack / Six Killed In Kwara, Edo, Delta Cult Clashes [PHOTOS] / Delta Cult War: Group Kills An Opponent At Fire Service Front (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Killed In Delta Cult War by garfield1: 11:21am On Jul 15, 2021
14 July 2021 | 4:11 am
There was palpable tension in Asaba, Delta State, as boys suspected to be cultists went berserk, killing no fewer than five persons within two days.

The Guardian gathered that the suspected cultists were members of Vikings and , who were on a revenge mission following the killing of their 51-year-old Searchmore Ochei, the state ex-NULGE chairman.

It was learnt that a 60-year old “suspected veteran cultist,” Ifeanyi Nwokobia, a surveyor, was reportedly killed in a reprisal, behind the Healthcare Centre, opposite Studio 24, near Stephen Keshi Stadium in Asaba.

The cultists, also on Tuesday, allegedly killed a boy suspected to be a cultist, severed his head and hung the head on top of a fence close to Oshimili South Council, where people gathered to take a glimpse of the ugly incident.

The incident led to pandemonium as residents scampered to safety.

The cult war, according to sources, had claimed several lives in Asaba, thereby forcing scores of suspected members to relocate to neighbouring communities.
Meanwhile, gunmen have reportedly killed Stephen Odje, a bio-chemistry student of Delta State University (DELSU) and abducted two others.

Those abducted included a geology student, Divine Omajuwa and his colleague, Husseina Hamza, of the pharmacology department.

Sources told The Guardian that Steve Odje died on the spot along the Oria axis of the Abraka Road, Ethiope East council, where the incident happened.

It was learnt that the victims were coming to Warri from school in Abraka, when the hoodlums attacked them.

Some students who spoke with The Guardian appealed to the state government and security agencies to rescue the abducted students before any harm befalls them.

Delta State Police Spokesman, DSP Bright Edafe, confirmed the incident, saying the police were after the hoodlums with a view to arrest them...
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.guardian.ng/news/five-killed-in-cult-war-in-delta-as-gunmen-kill-delsu-student-abduct-two/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi80KmY7OTxAhXGgv0HHaeiDQ4QFnoECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0njr5Q9CPEJya6hYd2xjGs

Mynd44
Dominique
Kyase
Ikpongiton
Ekpeitit
Re: Five Killed In Delta Cult War by HONESTFACT101(m): 11:38am On Jul 15, 2021
delta and cult warsad
Re: Five Killed In Delta Cult War by Arda1000(m): 11:38am On Jul 15, 2021
This country is a death mine,even us the masses no longer feel anything on hearing and seeing pictures of dead people we are no used to it
Re: Five Killed In Delta Cult War by Kyase(m): 11:47am On Jul 15, 2021
garfield1:
14 July 2021 | 4:11 am
There was palpable tension in Asaba, Delta State, as boys suspected to be cultists went berserk, killing no fewer than five persons within two days.

The Guardian gathered that the suspected cultists were members of Vikings and , who were on a revenge mission following the killing of their 51-year-old Searchmore Ochei, the state ex-NULGE chairman.

It was learnt that a 60-year old “suspected veteran cultist,” Ifeanyi Nwokobia, a surveyor, was reportedly killed in a reprisal, behind the Healthcare Centre, opposite Studio 24, near Stephen Keshi Stadium in Asaba.

The cultists, also on Tuesday, allegedly killed a boy suspected to be a cultist, severed his head and hung the head on top of a fence close to Oshimili South Council, where people gathered to take a glimpse of the ugly incident.

The incident led to pandemonium as residents scampered to safety.

The cult war, according to sources, had claimed several lives in Asaba, thereby forcing scores of suspected members to relocate to neighbouring communities.
Meanwhile, gunmen have reportedly killed Stephen Odje, a bio-chemistry student of Delta State University (DELSU) and abducted two others.

Those abducted included a geology student, Divine Omajuwa and his colleague, Husseina Hamza, of the pharmacology department.

Sources told The Guardian that Steve Odje died on the spot along the Oria axis of the Abraka Road, Ethiope East council, where the incident happened.

It was learnt that the victims were coming to Warri from school in Abraka, when the hoodlums attacked them.

Some students who spoke with The Guardian appealed to the state government and security agencies to rescue the abducted students before any harm befalls them.

Delta State Police Spokesman, DSP Bright Edafe, confirmed the incident, saying the police were after the hoodlums with a view to arrest them...
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.guardian.ng/news/five-killed-in-cult-war-in-delta-as-gunmen-kill-delsu-student-abduct-two/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi80KmY7OTxAhXGgv0HHaeiDQ4QFnoECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0njr5Q9CPEJya6hYd2xjGs

Mynd44
Dominique
Kyase
Ikpongiton
Ekpeitit

Cult again
Re: Five Killed In Delta Cult War by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
Cult war claiming the lives of the youth in Southern Nigeria. B

Dem just fall three guys somewhere in Awka yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Five Killed In Delta Cult War by garfield1: 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Nowadays,cultwar is becoming rampant in awka
Re: Five Killed In Delta Cult War by paulolee(m): 12:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
just imagine d rubbish....waking up to see ur friend or brother or cousin or even ur enemy fresh head on top fence..
what a weird way to die..
no level, no level naim dem take hang savior head for fence dt year for benin..
e mama cry tire till she nearly mad based on say na only child, e papa no even send am n felt nothing for him bcoz e don already disown d gee after savior follow e papa fight n burst e papa head wit star bottle..
meself I know say savior no go end well after e tell me say e don bam up....na e mama i just pity..
Re: Five Killed In Delta Cult War by paulolee(m): 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

my gee for dt side tell me same...dt means d scores never settle b dt n d deaths continue counting
Re: Five Killed In Delta Cult War by nzeobi(m): 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
garfield1:

Yes the guy collecting ticket money at first market ifite was among those killed
Re: Five Killed In Delta Cult War by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2021
garfield1:

True...

Don't really know what these guys gain in joining cult.
Or the parents failed in their primary responsibility.
Re: Five Killed In Delta Cult War by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
I'm waiting for "It is fulani herdsmen" crew
Re: Five Killed In Delta Cult War by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
paulolee:

my gee for dt side tell me same...dt means d scores never settle b dt n d deaths continue counting

Well... I wish they can exterminate themselves by themselves. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Five Killed In Delta Cult War by garfield1: 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

True...

Don't really know what these guys gain in joining cult.
Or the parents failed in their primary responsibility.

Yes,I blame parental failure which drives them to peer group influence.again,a lot of these cultists joined in either primary or secondary schools when it wasnt seen as a deadly affair

(1) (Reply)

Commuters Attacked In a Reprisal Attack At Farin Gada Of Muslim Dominated Area / Young Man Stabbed To Death As Rival Thugs Clash In Jos (Photos) / Deborah Samuel’s Killer In Viral Video Is From Niger Republic; We Can’t Find Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.