Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

From Rags To Riches - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / From Rags To Riches (1418 Views)

How My Wife Ruined Me And Took Me From Riches To Rags / I Have Sex With My Son Every Wednesday To Maintain His Riches – 52-year-old Lady / Sad Story Of Emmanuel Eboue: “from Riches To Rags” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Rags To Riches by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
Good day everyone, we all know how difficult it is to survive in this country without connections especially those from poor backgrounds. I am at a stage in my life where the thought of breaking free from poverty dominates my mind.

I am a struggling Nigerian that have put in my best efforts to achieve success but it always ends in futility. I have tried many businesses all to no avail. I got fed up and went into academics in my mid twenties and its not been any easier.

Here I am at 29 years of age with little or nothing to my name and its not from lack of trying. I am scared shitless of poverty and channels all my thoughts and energy to being financially buoyant but with little success so far. I've seen students that made it while in school and my own won't be any different. The fact that I'm likely to be ineligible for service even adds to my desperation. The last thing I would love to see happen to me is returning to my parents house after graduation to continue this miserable " mummy thank ma" life.

Please I want well meaning nairalanders to help me out by giving me ideas on how to change this my wretched condition. I have exams in a months time but I've been unable to resume school due to lack of funds, I haven't even started anything on my project work.

I've survived so far in school largely due to menial jobs, but with much emphasis laid on skills acquisition, I went through hell to save up money and buy a laptop and started programming. Reality dealt me a hard blow when I realized that programming is not a get rich quick scheme, it takes months of consistent practice and being broke doesn't make it any easier. I love my journey so far but I desperately need a source of income as soon as possible.

What kind of jobs can I do with my PC that can save me from this chronic brokenness while I still learn coding? my PC charger got spoilt weeks back and I can't even replace it. That's how bad my situation has become. I'm becoming a shadow of my self, I now look older than my age no thanks to my lord lugard like moustache that have overgrown due to lack of funds to get a hair cut. I've even turned to an introvert, cut of from friends and spends most of my time indoors staring at the ceiling searching for answers. Even went in search of menial jobs with no success.

Has anyone been in my condition? how were you able to survive and achieve financial independence without resorting to crime?. I am shrinking into severe depression and a couple of success stories might give me the motivation that I need in this trying times.

Thank You.

PS: Please I'm open to any job offer that I can do for anybody remotely. in fact I can come to any place in Nigeria now just to earn some bucks to sort out my bills.
Re: From Rags To Riches by ahnie: 4:52pm On Jul 15, 2021
What you need is good jaw breaking hardcore sex and a pint of Rum.

PS....keep your mentions to yourselves,I have gone to buy paracetamol tablets.

1 Like

Re: From Rags To Riches by SirWhiteFish: 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
What school are you? And speak to your level adviser (LA) . Explain the same way you have posted it on here.
He will refer you to the Student Affairs and you will be raised with student loan ( I have forgotten the name of the school loan)

You have absolutely no real problems if I'll be honest with you

2 Likes

Re: From Rags To Riches by Victerica(m): 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hmmmm, bro, I wish I could help you.

But it's well. God will see you through.
Re: From Rags To Riches by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
ahnie:
What you need is good jaw breaking hardcore sex and a pint of Rum.

PS....keep your mentions to yourselves,I have gone to buy paracetamol tablets.
Be serious please, how can a broke man have an erection

1 Like

Re: From Rags To Riches by BakingPowder247: 6:46am On Aug 05, 2021
Are you from a supportive family? If not, do you have friends (maybe 1 or 2) you can start a small business together? Let's say agricultural purchase like yam or palm oil from one state to the other.

If that sounds too stressful, you can open a phone accessories or phone Mart sales shop. With 3.2m you can start your own phone shop and back it up with Facebook ads

Everything requires alot of planning and sense
Re: From Rags To Riches by fineboynl(m): 9:10am On Aug 05, 2021
Atleast you are in school so thank your God. Their are many people on the street with nothing at all. So appreciate what you have.
Re: From Rags To Riches by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2021
BakingPowder247:
Are you from a supportive family? If not, do you have friends (maybe 1 or 2) you can start a small business together? Let's say agricultural purchase like yam or palm oil from one state to the other.

If that sounds too stressful, you can open a phone accessories or phone Mart sales shop. With 3.2m you can start your own phone shop and back it up with Facebook ads

Everything requires alot of planning and sense
Lol..... I've ideas but it's difficult to raise even 50k talk more of millions, thanks though
Re: From Rags To Riches by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2021
fineboynl:
Atleast you are in school so thank your God. Their are many people on the street with nothing at all. So appreciate what you have.
I know bro but even this school sef.....hmmm only God knows how I got to this level
Re: From Rags To Riches by PattyMike(m): 10:05pm On Aug 05, 2021
Onahi95:

DM sent sir

Sir bawo. I changed my email just now pls resend. No vex abeg.
Re: From Rags To Riches by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 06, 2021
PattyMike:

Sir bawo. I changed my email just now pls resend. No vex abeg.
lol....I've done that
Re: From Rags To Riches by ochusdb(m): 11:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
Onahi95:

DM sent sir

Hello bro, I have some capital and I will love for us to partner to do business together, I have sent you a DM, please can you confirm if you have received it?

Thanks
Re: From Rags To Riches by Teleprompter(f): 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
Which school do you attend?

Stay focused. Every one has a story to tell.
Re: From Rags To Riches by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 29, 2021
ochusdb:

Hello bro, I have some capital and I will love for us to partner to do business together, I have sent you a DM, please can you confirm if you have received it?

Thanks
I've sent you a message on WhatsApp
Re: From Rags To Riches by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 29, 2021
Tusa Tusa aka blood money. But if you dey find small small money like 7000 to10000 a week sharp sharp login Qa world.com to transcribe atleast t-fair, hair cut and small small pocket money no go be yr p till you find other means.

And please, I'm a experienced transcriber, can anyone help me with better opp. I will be grateful. Anything even slightly better no p. I am open to taking a test, whalahi.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Depressed And I Feel Nothing Anymore. / How Much Was Your Wedding Bill? / Cheating Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.