Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,251 members, 7,953,939 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:26 AM

Public Rebuke Of False Prophets - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Public Rebuke Of False Prophets (6782 Views)

Names Of False Prophets In Africa / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by dare2think: 9:23pm On May 18, 2011
nuclearboy:

^^ Are you not being too critical?

Olaadegbu is using Biblical standards to judge and accepts his own fallibility so its not hypocrisy. The Bible states what is fine and what is not. I doubt if you'd want to call him false anyway. I too have before argued against him and we don't agree on everything. But the stuff he uses only state his own feelings is why he uses them - not all of us are good at composition. As long as they pass his message, they are fine and teach a good message in a society where some are almost selling indulgences. They (not him) should face heat!

Bury the hatchet, please!

Dude, If you read our earlier posts you will see why I levied the criticism. I actually prefer Olaadegu's approach, atleast he never claimes to raise anyone from the dead.

But he said someone was going to hell just because they don't agree on the same terms. To me that is bigotry, as only God decides who goes to heaven or hell.
Since we are all sinners, I FEEL IT IS HYPOCRITICAL TO NOW CONDEMN ANOTHER HUMAN BEING TO HELL JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS.
Hence why I asked him those questions.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by dare2think: 9:28pm On May 18, 2011
@ Oladeegu

Am sorry If I came across too harsh.

I still dont feel you are in a position to say who goes to hell or heaven, You can only talk about yourself. Truth is, nobody knows, Only God.

Apologies again.
smiley
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Joagbaje(m): 7:08am On May 19, 2011
^^^^
I love you man.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by patrick45(m): 9:57am On May 19, 2011
Drawing inference from what Joagbaje said, God does not remember your sins when u renounce them and accept Jesus. Your old life is traded for the Righteousness of God.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:13pm On May 19, 2011
dare2think:

If you fall into sin?? so, there is still a probability you can fall into sin, yet you have the audacity to condemn others to hell. That is hypocrisy.

I said "if" and not "when" I fall into sin. What you don't understand is that a sinner is spiritually dead, that is, a dead man walking who is not conscious of the things of God. He is dead to spiritual things and cannot understand them except he becomes born again. Being born again is the greatest miracle that can happen to a person, just as a dead man is raised from the dead the spiritually dead person can be raised to be spiritually alive in Christ. This happens when you acknowledge your sins and repent of them believing and accepting Jesus Christ as you Saviour and Lord. You turn away from sin and turn toward God in faith believing in the blood of Jesus that was shed for our forgiveness.

When you get this new life in Christ all things become new while your old past ways of life becomes a thing of the past. At the birth of a baby there is new life, the baby then begins to grow and eventually takes a few steps before he falls down. When the baby becomes an adult he is expected to have fewer falls. At your age you are not expected to fall except there is an accident. The same goes for new babes in Christ. They may fall into sin many times as they are learning to take steps of faith but when they grow into maturity they rarely fall and if they fall as in an accident they will quickly get up. They would not stay on the ground playing dead but he will get up. Getting up is when a mature Christian repents of his sin and continues his walk with God. You cannot compare the dead person to the mature person who accidentally falls and gets back up again.

So, you can see that the difference between a spiritually dead person and one who is spiritually alive.

dare2think:

By the way, I dont need a questionnaire to calculate my righteousness and validity to heaven, it is Man-made. Only God holds that privilegde.

Yes, it is only God that is righteous and if He judges you based on His standard of righteousness where do you think you will stand?

dare2think:

You sir, needs to stop leaning on other people's ideas of how to get to heaven, Human beings are not perfect. Only God holds the perfection key. You sttrike me as one who finds it difficult to reason on your own hence you depend heavily on other sources or other people's ideas to always prove your points.
Why then did God provide us with a Brain if we constantly fail to utilise it.

I have quoted biblical passages for you which I believe and agree with. If you've got a problem with that then it is not me that you've got a problem with but God. If you reject the message of the messenger then know that you have rejected the Master who sent me.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24pm On May 19, 2011
dare2think:

Dude, If you read our earlier posts you will see why I levied the criticism. I actually prefer Olaadegu's approach, atleast he never claimes to raise anyone from the dead.

But he said someone was going to hell just because they don't agree on the same terms. To me that is bigotry, as only God decides who goes to heaven or hell.
Since we are all sinners, I FEEL IT IS HYPOCRITICAL TO NOW CONDEMN ANOTHER HUMAN BEING TO HELL JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS.
Hence why I asked him those questions.

As I said earlier, raising someone from the dead is much easier than the miracle of the new birth in Christ, that is, to be born again. When you get born again you will be free from the spirit of the law of death and then have the Spirit of the law of life in Christ Jesus. You will be free not to commit sin, that is, you can choose not to commit sin and this is by the special grace of God. No one can get this experience without believing in Jesus Christ for there is no name that has been given to man under the heaven whereby we can be saved, if you know one tell us.

I am not a sinner but a sinner saved by grace and this is by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as my Personal Saviour and Lord. If anyone feels condemned it is there conscience condemning them and because they love their sinful lifestyle they would not want to submit to the Lordship of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is not possible to say No, Lord. The moment you say no to Him that rules Him out as the Lord of your life.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33pm On May 19, 2011
dare2think:

@ Oladeegu

Am sorry If I came across too harsh.

It is a honour to be partakers of the harsh criticsm with Jesus Christ my Lord.

dare2think:

I still dont feel you are in a position to say who goes to hell or heaven, You can only talk about yourself. Truth is, nobody knows, Only God.

Truth is a Person and His name is called Jesus Christ who claimed to be "the way the truth and the life" and the only way to God the Father.

dare2think:

Apologies again.
smiley

Apologies accepted even though I am not offended.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36pm On May 19, 2011
Joagbaje:

^^^^
I love you man.

If you really love him you will preach the gospel truth to him and not coming here to brag about your material possessions claiming that you are boasting in the Lord.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:34am On May 20, 2011
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Joagbaje(m): 6:56am On May 20, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

If you really love him you will preach the gospel truth to him and not coming here to brag about your material possessions claiming that you are boasting in the Lord.

Did he say he needed preaching?
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by dare2think: 9:46am On May 20, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

It is a honour to be partakers of the harsh criticsm with Jesus Christ my Lord.

undecided

I criticized a statement you made, not Jesus
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by dare2think: 9:52am On May 20, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, it is only God that is righteous and if He judges you based on His standard of righteousness where do you think you will stand?

Only God knows,, Exactly my point. Hence, I am in no position to say that another human is going to hell or Heaven. Only God knows, Not you nor Kumuyi, nor Chris, Oyedepo, ONLY GOD.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by dare2think: 9:57am On May 20, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

What is the Gospel Truth??

Your views only??

And did God say to you, only you possess the "Gospel truth"?

How do you know I need the gospel truth?? Because I don't agree with your views?? If so, that is bigotry.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:04pm On May 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

Did he say he needed preaching?

Does he need to ask you that he needs the gospel truth and that's if you preach it yourself. You are on record here saying that sinners don't need to repent so why should I expect you to preach anything other than your prosperity gospel?
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Joagbaje(m): 5:12pm On May 20, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Does he need to ask you that he needs the gospel truth and that's if you preach it yourself.  You are on record here saying that sinners don't need to repent so why should I expect you to preach anything other than your prosperity gospel?

I'm not aware if he is unsaved I don't really know him. Since you are the one that knows his spiritual state how have you helped him? . With the message of condemnation? Holier than thou gospel?. Salvation by works and long skirt? Get serious man.

The gospel is about prosperity. All round prosperity. And for your information ,prosperity is not about material things . It's is a state of completeness spirit soul and body .
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:16pm On May 20, 2011
dare2think:

undecided

I criticized a statement you made, not Jesus

My statement was based on what Jesus Christ said:

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me'" -- John 14:6.

Now, what part of what Jesus said do you not agree with?  You can see the no part that I highlighted.  Which part of the no don't you understand, is it the "n" part or the "o" part?
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:28pm On May 20, 2011
dare2think:

Only God knows,, Exactly my point. Hence, I am in no position to say that another human is going to hell or Heaven. Only God knows, Not you nor Kumuyi, nor Chris, Oyedepo, ONLY GOD.

I know God knows but you too will know if you don't measure up to God's standard of righteousness. If you lie to yourself your conscience will not deceive you for the Bible says

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" -- Romans 3:23

The Word of God says "all" and that includes you and me, so you cannot say that only God knows if you are a sinner, have gone to Jesus for His cleansing power in the blood? Have you repented from your sins and accepted Jesus as your Saviour and Lord? You can answer these questions, and until you acknowledge that you are a sinner that has fallen short of the glory of God you will not see the need to receive the free gift of eternal life that Jesus has offered.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:34pm On May 20, 2011
dare2think:

What is the Gospel Truth??

Your views only??

And did God say to you, only you possess the "Gospel truth"?

How do you know I need the gospel truth?? Because I don't agree with your views?? If so, that is bigotry.

You said it yourself that you are a sinner and that you did not agree that Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father.  I know that you need the gospel truth since you don't agree with what Jesus said that I quoted.  So, forget my views if they are saying anything other than what Jesus Christ said.

Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On May 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

I'm not aware if he is unsaved I don't really know him. Since you are the one that knows his spiritual state how have you helped him? . With the message of condemnation? Holier than thou gospel?. Salvation by works and long skirt? Get serious man.

The gospel is about prosperity. All round prosperity. And for your information ,prosperity is not about material things . It's is a state of completeness spirit soul and body .

If all the bragging and showing off your material possessions is what you call the gospel you will be in for a surprise. If Apostle Paul was bragging about all the material possessions his was able to acquire do you think he would have reached the unsaved world as he has done? God resists the proud but He gives grace to the humble. You should know by now that the way up is down.

Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:58pm On May 20, 2011
Prosperity gospel preachers laughing all the way to the bank.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omLJT73j6MQ?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by dare2think: 6:08pm On May 20, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

My statement was based on what Jesus Christ said:

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me'" -- John 14:6.

Now, what part of what Jesus said do you not agree with?  You can see the no part that I highlighted.  Which part of the no don't you understand, is it the "n" part or the "o" part?

Oladeegu, what kind of Christianity are you preaching if you manipulate my intentions??

I said you are in no position to condemn someone to hell in response to your debate with sweetnecter ( That was my criticism).  When did I criticize Jesus' speech?
Did Jesus say sweetnecter would go to hell"?

He said this---"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me'" -- John 14:6.
But you added your own meaning.
Pls where is hell in that statement?
undecided
I agree with Joagbaje, stop all this holier than thou nonsense, Because you are not perfect, and you are in no position to condemn anybody to hell, 

Or are you sinless??
Have you stopped sinning?
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Joagbaje(m): 6:20pm On May 20, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Prosperity gospel preachers laughing all the way to the bank.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omLJT73j6MQ?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]

I'm not interested in your hypocritical video, tell me if your church doesnt take money to bank. I'm not going to watch it.thanks for nothing

OLAADEGBU:

If all the bragging and showing off your material possessions is what you call the gospel you will be in for a surprise. If Apostle Paul was bragging about all the material possessions his was able to acquire do you think he would have reached the unsaved world as he has done? God resists the proud but He gives grace to the humble. You should know by now that the way up is down.

I'm not bragging about possession dude. Stop this religious post twisting. Jesus was clear on the fact that a man's life is not by his possessions. I bragged to the mockers of faith that the gospel is true. Tithing , givings are applicable and they work.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On May 20, 2011
dare2think:

Oladeegu, what kind of Christianity are you preaching if you manipulate my intentions??

How did I manipulate your intentions?
dare2think:

I said you are in no position to condemn someone to hell in response to your debate with sweetnecter ( That was my criticism). When did I criticize Jesus' speech?

Do you believe that without Jesus Christ anyone can be saved?

dare2think:

Did Jesus say sweetnecter would go to hell"?

He said this---"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me'" -- John 14:6.
But you added your own meaning.
Pls where is hell in that statement?
undecided

If Jesus said nobody will get to the Father except through Him then tell us what other way would anyone get to the Father.

dare2think:

I agree with Joagbaje, stop all this holier than thou nonsense, Because you are not perfect, and you are in no position to condemn anybody to hell,

Or are you sinless??
Have you stopped sinning?

I am not a sinner, if that's what you want to hear, for no sinner will enter the kingdom of God. I am a sinner that is saved by grace. Jesus Christ is a subtitute for my sin and I stand before God as if I have never sinned. This makes me and others who have received this free gift of eternal life saints in Christ. It is your choice if you choose to remain in your lifestyle.

Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by dare2think: 7:01pm On May 20, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

I am not a sinner, if that's what you want to hear, for no sinner will enter the kingdom of God. I am a sinner that is saved by grace. Jesus Christ is a subtitute for my sin and I stand before God as if I have never sinned. This makes me and others who have received this free gift of eternal life saints in Christ. It is your choice if you choose to remain in your lifestyle.

undecided
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:12pm On May 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

I'm not interested in your hypocritical video, tell me if your church doesnt take money to bank. I'm not going to watch it.thanks for nothing

I didn't expect you to watch it as it exposes how "prosperity gospellers" make mercandise of God's people which is your stock and trade.

Joagbaje:

I'm not bragging about possession dude. Stop this religious post twisting. Jesus was clear on the fact that a man's life is not by his possessions. I bragged to the mockers of faith that the gospel is true. Tithing , givings are applicable and they work.

If you have forgotten how you bragged on your possessions they are still on this thread in addition to what you have been saying elsewhere. Your bragging to the "mockers" about what you have is your own way of preaching the gospel of truth, is it? The Deeper Christian Life Ministry that you detest with a passion has been preaching at crusades and retreats in Nigeria and since its inception they have not taken advantage of the thousands of people who flock there to ask for offerings to feed them, can you say the same with the prosperity gospel that you preach?
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16pm On May 20, 2011
dare2think:

undecided

The illustration below will explain to you how a sinner is saved by grace.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8,9).

A man dies and finds himself at the pearly gates. An angel meets him and asks what he was doing at the gate.

"I want to go in,"

he says.

"Can I?,"

The angel replies,

"Here’s how it works. You need 100 points to make it into heaven. You tell me all the good things you’ve done, and I will give you a certain number of points for each item, depending on how good it was. When you reach 100 points, you get in."

"Okay?,"

the man says,

"I was married to the same woman for 50 years and never cheated on her, even in my heart."

"That's wonderful," says the angel,

"that's worth 3 points!,"

"three points?!," the man exclaimed while wondering in his mind how he can meet up with the 100 points.

"Well, I attended church all my life and supported its ministry with my tithes and offerings."

"terrific!," says the angel.

"that's certainly worth a point!,"

"One point?!," he shouted.

"I started a soup kitchen for the homeless in my city and worked in an orphanage for motherless babies."

"Fantastic, that's good for two more points," he says.

"Two points?!," Exasperated, the man cries,

"Well, at this rate it’ll just be by the grace of God that I ever get into heaven."

"Bingo, 100 points!," the angel said,

"Come on in!,"
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by Joagbaje(m): 7:25pm On May 20, 2011
 The Deeper Christian Life Ministry that you detest with a passion has been preaching at crusades and retreats in Nigeria and since its inception they have not taken advantage of the thousands of people who flock there to ask for offerings to feed them, can you say the same with the prosperity gospel that you preach?

so is there any church asking for money to feed them? I don't get your point. Point of correction ,I don't detest deeper life  Of course there are things I don't agree with which I don't feel they are scritptural. It's between the MOG and God. I don't like to go into such area but your hypocrisy makes me mention such things and we thank God Some changes are taking place to the glory of God. No church is perfect .Except that some  members go to extreme of what the pastor is not even teaching. just like u.

OLAADEGBU:

I didn't expect you to watch it as it exposes how "prosperity gospellers" make mercandise of God's people which is your stock and trade.  

How have I made merchandise of Gods people ? Pls enlighten me?.
Re: Public Rebuke Of False Prophets by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2011
It has been a while since I last responded to this post.  It is better to be late than never. wink

Joagbaje:

so is there any church asking for money to feed them? I don't get your point.

I should ask you that question, do you know of any church that constantly pressurise their members to pay up?

Joagbaje:

Point of correction ,I don't detest deeper life  Of course there are things I don't agree with which I don't feel they are scritptural. It's between the MOG and God. I don't like to go into such area but your hypocrisy makes me mention such things and we thank God Some changes are taking place to the glory of God. No church is perfect .Except that some  members go to extreme of what the pastor is not even teaching. just like u.

You said they preach salvation by works and long skirt, can you explain how they did this?  And what changes has the church made to the doctrines of Christ?

Joagbaje:

How have I made merchandise of Gods people ? Pls enlighten me?.

You are in the best position to answer this question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Father's Blessing / The Speck In Your Eyes / Christians Lets Discuss - The Law Of Seedtime And Harvest Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.