Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (36736 Views)

Names Of False Prophets In Africa / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 21, 2011
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 21, 2011
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2011
I was not going to post this because I am still not totally convinced that Pastor Adeboye is a false prophet.

But the rest are proven false teachers.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 8:50pm On Oct 21, 2011
And who told you they used tithes and offerings to buy jets?
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by dare2think: 9:01pm On Oct 21, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^
And who told you they did not use it
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2011
Joagbaje:

It is obvious.

I was once part of the prosperity pimping gospel !!!

I have seen lives ruined by it , people humiliated and needs unmet because of some silly building project !

I had a Nigerian friend and work colleague who lamented to me that he suspected the pastor was chasing his wife  angry

A mixed race Nigeria sister also narrated how many so called MOG who came to preach the gospel tried to  flirt with her , her faith was shaken because she held many of them in high esteem.

Sickening to say the least !!!

So its okay winning souls but it is more important to ground them in the precious word of GOD that they trust in CHRIST and not MAN !!!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by vescucci(m): 9:16pm On Oct 21, 2011
This list should be of the decent ones. But then, the thread will not go beyond a page
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2011
^^

You are right , not a popular topic .

I can assure you , it will go past a page, will keep adding false prophets till it gets to 100 pages grin
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Felixjude(m): 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2011
@poster, are you God to judge?plz leave them God,he isnt dead and sees all.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 21, 2011
Felixjude:

@poster, are you God to judge?plz leave them God,he isnt dead and sees all.

[url=https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-786944.0.htmlRead This]Read This [/url]
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2011
dare2think:

^^^^^^^^^^
And who told you they did not use it

Was it not said that certain members bought the redeemed plane? And I'm aware that bishop oyedepo has oil rig which was given to him as seed.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Dabss(m): 1:52am On Oct 22, 2011
Joagbaje:

even so.
What will a pastor do with four private jets? Or 40 jeeps?
Haba!! think about it. We are all christians so lets call a spade,a spade.

1 Like

Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by plappville(f): 7:19am On Oct 22, 2011
My heart beats me in pains, this video is hurting.
What will 3 jets do for a man of God if he is to follow Jesus?
This is not judging, how can there still be poverty in children from a village of a man of God that owns 3 jet?
What will a 30jeeps do in the kingdom of God? Is God bias that he gave them all these wealth and allow some of thier church members to walk under the rain after  church service?? This is a greedy and a wicked act, it seems they are in competition.
If all of them could turn fully to Christ doings, that is. Having the believe that this earth is a temporary stay, they will not be getting richer and their members and villages are getting poorer. Maybe God made them rich so they can give to the poor, he encourages us to help the poor. I be small cryfish where all these men are, talk least, yet i still visited the poor, even ashame because they are alot and when u cant reach all at a time it becomes very sad in heart. These ppl appreciate even 1€. This let u know how poor they are. Some are stock in hospital no money to pay bills yet Almighty Nigeria is a very religious Country that owns billoniar men of God. I beg i dey vex!!!!! God do something(( 30 jeeps,3 jets and yet confortable to make heaven why people in your village are dieing of hunger ?? I ceased here.

2 Likes

Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Image123(m): 11:22am On Oct 22, 2011
@OP
This is very unhealthy and dangerous for you, except God specifically told you to do it(which i so doubt). And you shouldn't encourage others to indulge in speaking unadvisedly.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 22, 2011
Image123:

@OP
This is very unhealthy and dangerous for you, except God specifically told you to do it(which i so doubt). And you shouldn't encourage others to indulge in speaking unadvisedly.

Are you saying ( with the exception of Pastor Adeboye ) that all the rest are true men of God who are leading God's sheep to holiness , righteousness and to not love this world and the fleeting riches therein undecided
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Image123(m): 11:39am On Oct 22, 2011
^
I'm saying it's not your job or ministry.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 22, 2011
Image123:

^
I'm saying[b] it's not your job or ministry[/b].

It's not my JOB yes, I have a day time Job grin.

But false teachers are free to spread their poisonous doctrines today because there is a conspiracy of silence among many Bible believers. Wolves in sheep's clothing are thus enabled to ravage the flock, thereby destroying many.

John the Baptist called the Pharisees and Sadducees (the religious leaders of his day) "a generation of Vipers" (snakes) (Matt. 3:7). Today, he would be accused of being unloving, unkind, and unchristian.

Jesus said to the religious Pharisees, "O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" (Matt. 12:34). To many evangelicals and some fundamentalists, this would be unacceptable language today, but it is biblical language and it came from the mouth of the Son of God.

Standing face to face with these false teachers, Jesus Christ the Son of God, called them "hypocrites", "blind guides, " "blind, " "whited sepulchres, " "serpents, " and "ye generation of vipers" (Matt. 23:23-34). Yet, we are told today that we are to fellowship with men whose doctrines are just as unscriptural as those of the Pharisees.

In our day these false teachers have come into the churches with their books, music, literature, movies, psychology, and seminars, and have turned the Father's house into a den of thieves. It is time that men of God stand up and expose their errors for all to see.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by vescucci(m): 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2011
Frosbel, I am your fan
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2011
^
Thanks but abeg I do not want fans ooo, grin

I am as fallible as anyone else and open to correction.

As we grow older in the faith we learn more and the scales of deception begin to fall from our eyes.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 12:45pm On Oct 22, 2011
So telling us they are false , what have you achieved. Does your ungodly propaganda against them Stop the work of God in their lives. Focus on reaching the world for christ . That is what christ will commend you for. Not by attacking men that God is using. They believe in prosperity , you don't . Everyone should face their belief.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by PastorKun(m): 1:21pm On Oct 22, 2011
@Frosbel
I also used to give Pastor Adeboye a benefit of doubt(cause he appears to be humble) until last year when he acquired a private jet with all the conflicting and contradicting justification rccg pastors stated in excusing it. But the one that nailed the coffin was when I read the 'hundred fold increase' fraud in the 17 March 2010 edition of he 'Open heavens' in which he clearly deliberately and fraudulently claimed by glaringly twisting scripture that God would give you a hundred fold return if you give money to your G.O. In that same filthy write up he discouraged people from giving to the needy (contrary to the teachings of christ) by telling them that they would benefit better if people gave to their G.O.

I was really horrified when I read that 'devotion' and I was actually expecting a retraction from Adeboye but alas. Since that day I lost all respect for him. The man was probably genuine when he started off but he as allowed it to get to his head and he has certainly deviated from the path of christ.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by ogajim(m): 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2011
Joagbaje:

So telling us they are false , what have you achieved[color=#990000][/color]. Does your ungodly propaganda against them Stop the work of God in their lives. Focus on reaching the world for christ . That is what christ will commend you for. Not by attacking men that God is using. They believe in prosperity , you don't . Everyone should face their belief.

Pastor (419) JoAgbaje, define achievement. I am not even sure you can spell achievement but I digress, his second post clearly said one can't be a friend of the World and love God, abi that one no dey your Bible?

Nice thread Frosbel, Knowing that the average Nigerian Christian has abdicated their God-given responsibility of "testing every Spirit" and "be wise as sarpents and gentle as doves", it is not surprising that they will come after you with one scare tactic or another. Laying out the facts for all to see doesn't equal "judging" as these lot will have you believe.

Kunle, you are right that we need to look at all these guys "with an open mind" as Fela used to say, granted some of them are humble as should be but still allow the same "unholy" practices to go on.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by plappville(f): 3:08pm On Oct 22, 2011
I know one person here that has no interest in worshiping in the west. She used to worship with a church in nigeria (I will not mention the name of the church) she has refused to worship God here, she said our pastor told us to always fast every wednesday and send our seeds once in a month. She always do that through her brother anyway.

I mean, is this a good way to preach Gods word? how can someone living abroad be sowing her seed in a church in Nigeria, and i can tell u there are alot of nigerians who do that here, they believe that God is in their church back home.

Isn't this the fault of the pastors? I dont care to know how they make their money, the problem is if they can be accumulating all these wealth and properties then where is the proof of a better place prepared for them in heaven.

Jesus walk on foot, even if there was to be Limosin, jets, plans etc he will still walk on foot, but while his followers today are flying jets etc.
Where is the encouragement?? do they fly jets to go preach in those poor villages??((lUKE 9:58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.)) This is the good example but it is not followed.

We should not call them false prophets though. But i am sure they dont need all those flamboyant life, the poor are in more need and they can sell those jeeps and jets to help people.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by wordtalk(m): 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2011
frosbel:

I was not going to post this because I am still not totally convinced that Pastor Adeboye is a false prophet.

But the rest are proven false teachers.

On what basis have you "proven" others to be false teachers while leaving out Adegboye? On the basis of acquiring jets? On the basis of your own personal cherry-picking and taste? On what basis exactly?

However, the main message of the vid should not be ignored. I'm particularly shocked at the 'wealth' of those featured in the vid while there does not appear to be corresponding developments in their home towns. As well as those who ride four jets while their church members walk on weather-beaten roads to their cathedrals and 'holy enclaves'. What staggers the mind is the comic of some of these 'gawds' (like Oyedepo) to accuse the political government of Nigeria of insensitivity to the plight of the masses!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by jamace(m): 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2011
This is not judging, how can there still be poverty in children from a village of a man of God that owns 3 jet?
What will a 30jeeps do in the kingdom of God? Is God bias that he gave them all these wealth and allow some of thier church members to walk under the rain after church service?? This is a greedy and a wicked act, it seems they are in competition.
If all of them could turn fully to Christ doings, that is. Having the believe that this earth is a temporary stay, they will not be getting richer and their members and villages are getting poorer. Maybe God made them rich so they can give to the poor, he encourages us to help the poor. I be small cryfish where all these men are, talk least, yet i still visited the poor, even ashame because they are alot and when u cant reach all at a time it becomes very sad in heart. These ppl appreciate even 1€. This let u know how poor they are. Some are stock in hospital no money to pay bills yet Almighty Nigeria is a very religious Country that owns billoniar men of God. I beg i dey vex!!!!! God do something(( 30 jeeps,3 jets and yet confortable to make heaven why people in your village are dieing of hunger ?? I ceased here.

My sister, this is the sad situation we've found ourselves o. sad sad
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Enigma(m): 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2011
^ And we still have people defending them e.g. one said that one fathead pastor was given an oil rig as a "seed". We have other people supporting them - directly or indirectly - with false arguments that "tithes" are to be paid only into church. They support the falsehood with the further falsehood of the false and non-existent distinction, as far as the New Testament and Christians are concerned, between "tithes" and "offerings; they then say that "tithes" are to go into "church" while any other "giving" including "offering" can go elsewhere. Sheer rubbish! The New Testament recognises just giving  ---- WITHOUT expecting anything in return whether from God or from man but in the assurance that God sees the giving and will reward it as He sees fit.

As I have always said: until people see the lie and bondage of the false teachings on "tithing", we will continue to have these frauds all over the place.

In any event the Bible predicted that all these would happen anyway.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by ogajim(m): 5:15pm On Oct 22, 2011
wordtalk:

On what basis have you "proven" others to be false teachers while leaving out Adegboye? On the basis of acquiring jets? On the basis of your own personal cherry-picking and taste? On what basis exactly?

However, the main message of the vid should not be ignored. I'm particularly shocked at the 'wealth' of those featured in the vid while there does not appear to be corresponding developments in their home towns. As well as those who ride four jets while their church members walk on weather-beaten roads to their cathedrals and 'holy enclaves'. What staggers the mind is the comic of some of these 'gawds' (like Oyedepo) to accuse the political government of Nigeria of insensitivity to the plight of the masses!

I'll have to agree with wordtalk here, the situation of Nigerian Churches vis a vis their membership is something to behold, Churches are buying up properties, accumulation huge balances in the banks and no one seem to care about the widows, orphans, etc.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by Joagbaje(m): 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2011
plappville:

They got you. Thats the power of packaging . Worked on your ladily emotion for the fun of it. How will someone cut pictures from here and there to form a story that doesn't make sense.

Have we heard from the man before condemning him? I love to conclude from facts not assumption. Can tithes and offering buy a plane . With all the budgets of running the church? You can judge if you're objective enough to hear from the other side. Where the money came from. And what are the planes for. What is the reason behind it.

Is he the one to so the work of the government. You should question the people elected into office . Is there no poverty in bill gate town. Are there no Americans on the street without a home? Why do we put every blame on the ministers of God. They have their calling . Which is primaritly to preach the gospel. Not to do government job.

What will a 30jeeps do in the kingdom of God?

I have asked this question before. Does pastor chris drive? Where will he drive to? He doesn't go anywhere. He doesn't buy cars.

Is God bias that he gave them all these wealth and allow some of thier church members to walk under the rain after  church service?? This is a greedy and a wicked act, it seems they are in competition.

Anyone who practice the principles of prosperity will prosper. Jesus paid the price. We only need to embrace the message of faith.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by ogajim(m): 7:00pm On Oct 22, 2011
^^^
Pastor 419, I mean JoAgbaje, you don come again!

Joagbaje:

They got you. Thats the power of packaging . Worked on your ladily emotion for the fun of it. How will someone cut pictures from here and there to form a story that doesn't make sense.

Have we heard from the man before condemning him? I love to conclude from facts not assumption. Can tithes and offering buy a plane . With all the budgets of running the church?You can judge if you're objective enough to hear from the other side. Where the money came from. And what are the planes for. What is the reason behind it.

Is he the one to so the work of the government. You should question the people elected into office . Is there no poverty in bill gate town. Are there no Americans on the street without a home?[color=#990000][/color] Why do we put every blame on the ministers of God. They have their calling . Which is primaritly to preach the gospel. Not to do government job.

I have asked this question before. Does pastor chris drive? Where will he drive to? He doesn't go anywhere. He doesn't buy cars.

Anyone who practice the principles of prosperity will prosper. Jesus paid the price. We only need to embrace the message of faith.

When you write stuff like this, you EXPOSE your self to the kinds of ridicule you get, how can you compare those who are homeless in the state of Washington(where Bill Gates is from) with the kind of poverty in Nigeria? Many homeless folks here are in that condition by choice for the most part and even get the option to sleep in shelters operated by non profits and mostly by Churches, the ones you see on the street all the time just don't want to be bothered with being told when to wake up, not smoke whatever or some other reason.

Speak on what you know man, Bill committed how much of his fortune to Charity?
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by free123: 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2011
Joagbaje

what is wrong if a pastor helps the poor? Why are you so heartless? What will you gain in this nonsense? Why did you choose the wrong?

It is obvious that you know the truth but greed and wickedness will never allow you do good to your fellow man.

God is alive and He is watching you!
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by aletheia(m): 7:40pm On Oct 22, 2011
2 Peter 2:1-3. But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
Re: Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article by wordtalk(m): 8:45pm On Oct 22, 2011
In as much as many people are concerned about false and misleading assertions, those who accuse others of false teaching should be very careful in what they themselves teach.

Enigma:

The New Testament recognises just giving  ---- WITHOUT expecting anything in return whether from God or from man but in the assurance that God sees the giving and will reward it as He sees fit.

I know I've said this before, but the idea that the NT recognises just giving 'WITHOUT expecting anything in return' is patently FALSE. On the contrary, both the OT and NT affirm that giving in many instances includes the expectation of receiving in return - it is reciprocal. It is rather in such cases as LENDING that usury (expecting interest on loans/lending/debts among believers) is not encouraged.

However, your statement is self-contradictory. The second part of that quote ('the assurance that God sees the giving and will reward it as He sees fit') is quite contradicting the first statement that NT giving is 'WITHOUT expecting anything in return from God or man'.

If giving in the NT is WITHOUT expecting anything in return (whether from God or man), why do you recommend that the giver should have an "assurance"? Assurance of what? What is this assurance of "reward" from God if truly the giver is to give WITHOUT expecting anything in return? It is like making two directly opposite statements in one breath - like saying someone is to expect nothing while at the same time encouraging them to expect a reward!

Simply, this line: 'the assurance that God sees the giving and will reward it as He sees fit' is nothing short of the same thing as EXPECTING SOMETHING IN RETURN. If a giver truly wants to give without expecting anything in return from God or man, then such a giver should not have any "assurance" of God rewarding him or her in the first place.

Bottom line: giving in the NT is reciprocal - that is, those who give would expect to receive. Giving in the NT is not a one-sided issue, and both aspects are underscored in Philippians 4:5 - "giving and receiving".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) / DSS Invitation In Order - Apostle Suleman / Ten Reasons Why Allah Is Not God AND Why YHWH is GOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.