Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,811 members, 7,824,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! (5419 Views)

Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 / Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by atheistandproud(m): 7:33pm On Jul 15, 2021
The big news today that Xiaomi has overtaken Apple to become No. 2 brand in the world, in terms of phones shipped.

The Smartphone market is super competitive. If a company cannot ship and sell phones, they’re going to go bankrupt. One good metric by which we can tell how smartphones are performing is the amount of phones that they can ship to their suppliers. The second is how much of the market that they hold and control. Xiaomi are the undisputed number 1 in India (2nd most populous country in the world) and are top of the leaderboard in Western European markets. It is on this basis that Xiaomi has overtaken Apple to become No. 2 brand in the world.

The company has taken to its FB page to proudly announce this development.

Prior to now, Xiaomi were fourth place overall behind Samsung, Huawei and Apple. With the recent troubles faced by fellow Chinese giants Huawei, and their subsequent decline, Xiaomi took full advantage and moved up to third position as Huawei plummeted. Samsung and Apple were first and second respectively.

This was the status quo till the results came out for the second quarter of 2021. In the chart above, Xiaomi’s market share is up to 17% compared to Apple’s 14%. In terms of growth, Apple’s market share only grew by 1% whilst Xiaomi’s market share exploded by as much as up to 83% (stats credit: Xiaomi, Canalys, 2021).

Xiaomi are definitely on the rise and could have Samsung in their sights as they seem to rise even higher. Xiaomi caters to every aspect of the market from entry level to flagship. They also try to engage their user as much as possible forging strong brand partnerships. If they continue on this vein, it’s going to be very difficult to keep them from number 1 position.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2021/07/15/xiaomi-has-overtaken-apple-to-become-no-2-brand-in-the-world/

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
if you are not taking xiaomi phones serious by now, it's either you are a Transion marketer or you are stupid. https://www.nairaland.com/6650562/xiaomi-beats-apple-europe-sales

13 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by atheistandproud(m): 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2021
Xiaomi1:
if you are not taking xiaomi phones serious by now, it's either you are a Transion marketer or you are stupid. https://www.nairaland.com/6650562/xiaomi-beats-apple-europe-sales

Straight up.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2021
People are not foolish. As long as Xiaomi maintains their strategy, less ads and reasonable quality to price rate, they'd keep rising. I fear they'd change like I'm seeing with the ads on Nigerian Xiaomi and Facebook. Once they begin to act like others, I move.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Parrie(m): 7:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
Apple will regain their spot after the release of iphone 13. But no doubt redmi note 10 series deserve a cap.

17 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by atheistandproud(m): 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2021
Sapiosexuality:
People are not foolish. As long as Xiaomi maintain their strategy, less ads and reasonable quality to price rate, they'd keep rising. I fear they'd change like I'm seeing with the ads on Nigerian Xiaomi and Facebook. Once they begin to act like others, I move.

Too much sense.

Your loyalty should go to your pocket first. If a company doesn't satisfy your needs. You move.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by atheistandproud(m): 7:52pm On Jul 15, 2021
Parrie:
Apple will regain their spot after the release of iphone 13.
But no doubt redmi note 10 series deserve a cap.

I don't think so. Look at the gap first of all.

Secondly, people are holding on to their older iphones for longer and longer now. They won't just buy the new one because Apple released a new one. No way. My friend in Canada is still using his iphone 7 and has no intention to get a new one.

How are their market share going to grow?

Note: people will buy but it won't be enough to tip the scales in Apple's favour.

10 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Parrie(m): 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2021
atheistandproud:

Secondly, people are holding on to their older iphones for longer and longer now. They won't just buy the new one because Apple released a new one. No way. My friend in Canada is still using his iphone 7 and has no intention to get a new one.

Note: people will buy but it won't be enough to tip the scales in Apple's favour.
I Think the only reason that will make xiaomi retain the second spot is because they have a strong mid-range market

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by WeNoGoDie(m): 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2021
Xiaomi presently has the best value for money among smartphones worldwide.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by atheistandproud(m): 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
Parrie:

I Think the only reason that will make xiaomi retain the second spot is because they have a strong mid-range market

And Apple doesn't even want to touch the Midrange market at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Parrie(m): 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2021
atheistandproud:

And Apple doesn't even want to touch the Midrange market at all.
wen e choke, dem go learn from samsung

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Ejebleje: 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
Apple will never go 'midrange'

iPhone s.e is as far as they go with budget versions.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by tempem: 9:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
Value for money!
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by emae009(m): 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2021
atheistandproud:

that's funny for a company that just sold 100million units of iPhone 12 in just 7 months (a record).
Xiaomi is using anything they can lay their hands on to create brand awareness. Not that I mind or its not a good strategy.
Q2 & Q3 are not usually Apple strong quarters, check back in Q4 & Q1

6 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by OmaOgbagbala(m): 10:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
If them like, make orange or mango replace apple... Na their headache. cool
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
Androids??

Eww, I’ll pass...
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by NewDelhi(m): 11:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
atheistandproud:

All this xishit fan boys Sha.. your friend in Canada , just one out of the millions of iPhone users Nahim u dey use pass your judgement. The beauty about these xishit fanboys is that they always have a source for their ridiculous news. Mostly unknown websites and blogs you've never even seen or heard of before. One lazy blogger or web owner go just cook nonsense and because it favors your story, you go carry am con post here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Saibits(m): 1:02am On Jul 16, 2021
Huawei have fallen

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by sagieramos(m): 1:29am On Jul 16, 2021
NewDelhi:

All this xishit fan boys Sha.. your friend in Canada , just one out of the millions of iPhone users Nahim u dey use pass your judgement. The beauty about these xishit fanboys is that they always have a source for their ridiculous news. Mostly unknown websites and blogs you've never even seen or heard of before. One lady blogger or web owner go just cook nonsense and because it favors your story, you go carry am con post here.
Learn to be diplomatic with your argument. The guy you quoted is being factual, but all you have to counter him is by texting like a barbarian. From your review, how many people have you seen using the latest iPhone as compared to other brands?

21 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by seanwilliam(m): 2:06am On Jul 16, 2021
Lol upon all these iPhone has been the highest selling phone from 2016 till 2021 globally
2016- iPhone 6s
2017- iPhone 7
2018 - iPhone X
2019- iPhone XR
2020 - iPhone 11
2021- iPhone 12 and 12 pro max

The best selling touch screen phone in the world is iPhone 6 and 6 plus .. with over 220 millions grin

And iPhone 6 of 5 years still Dey perform o.. I doubt if any android of same year can match it ..
And I’ve never seen iPhone advertisements before .
All Other smart phones companies put together don’t worth half of apple.
I keep on asking myself , what’s their marketing strategy

There’s something apple is not telling us .

Apple's ecosystem is massive. Approximately a billion people are using iPhones and more than 1.5billion Apple devices. Even as iPhone sales decline, Apple is bringing tens of millions of new people into its ecosystem each year.
And funnily enough

China is the country where people used the most iPhones, followed by Apple's home market the United States – at that time, 228 million iPhones were in use in China and 120 million in the U.S.

So I wonder how xiaomi one take replace apple

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Bunmhi(f): 2:15am On Jul 16, 2021
Wey Infinix and Techno
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by seanwilliam(m): 2:18am On Jul 16, 2021
sagieramos:

Learn to be diplomatic with your argument. The guy you quoted is being factual, but all you have to counter him is by texting like a barbarian. From your review, how many people have you seen using the latest iPhone as compared to other brands?
Bro people are using latest iPhone o.. I mean millions of people .. no phone company in the world sell Flagship reach iPhone

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by seanwilliam(m): 2:33am On Jul 16, 2021
Parrie:

wen e choke, dem go learn from samsung

Apple will lose its reputation/recognition the day dem start to Dey produce midrange devices

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by seanwilliam(m): 2:44am On Jul 16, 2021
atheistandproud:

wrong! Most people I know using iPhone change it within a year or two or as soon as they have money to upgrade ..
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Mohzus: 5:35am On Jul 16, 2021
emae009:

that's funny for a company that just sold 100million units of iPhone 12 in just 7 months (a record).
Xiaomi is using anything they can lay their hands on to create brand awareness. Not that I mind or its not a good strategy.
Q2 & Q3 are not usually Apple strong quarters, check back in Q4 & Q1

You're a wise man . Most folks feel apple is just a phone maker not knowing it's a technological company that has subscription based services and other products like beat by Dre , watches , Mac and other accessories that brings in revenue for them.
That's why it's the most valuable company in the world

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Asianjollof007: 5:43am On Jul 16, 2021
Bunmhi:
Wey Infinix and Techno
You say?

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by NewDelhi(m): 6:20am On Jul 16, 2021
sagieramos:

I wanted to reply you but going through your post i found out you're just another xiaoshit fan boy.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by NewDelhi(m): 6:25am On Jul 16, 2021
Naso person post one time here say xiaoshit is the most valuable phone brand in the world and has overtaken Samsung and apple. I was like ahh these people don come again. During the course of his argument he con bring one mumu website to back up his claim. Something about these fan boys is that they'll always conjure one ridiculous website you've never even heard of before to support their claims. They'll never source from the most reliable and more popular websites. They go carry website come wey the server dey kogi state..

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by skywalker240(m): 6:39am On Jul 16, 2021
Nicely done

Am hoping they stamp their feet very firmly on the African market with great Anticipation

And slam, that SCAM OF A brand Oblivion

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by skywalker240(m): 6:42am On Jul 16, 2021
Parrie:

They know what the average person wants, expect them to dominate this sector for long.
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by atheistandproud(m): 7:22am On Jul 16, 2021
It is no news that for the longest time, Apple had a headstart in the smartphone business especially at the top end. Samsung followed suit, caught up and have overtaken Apple by a country mile.

The market is all about innovation. That is show people a new way of doing things or do old things in a novel way and you'll sell. It's not magic.

One of the things I thoroughly dislike is when monkeys (because trolls are no better than monkeys) bang on their keyboard offering data without context. In a way that is dishonest.

Apple's peak year was with the the iPhone 6. That was around the time that Qualcomm rushed their ill-fated Snapdragon 810 to the market. The SoC performed horribly causing Samsung and Qualcomm to both lose not just money but millions of customers.

Since then, it's been a downward spiral for Apple. All their new phones sell worse than the previous iterations. The iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X and the iPhone 11 generations all sold better than the iPhone 12.

But these people won't tell you that. The iPhone 12 is Apple's lowest selling phone since the iPhone 6 and I expect the iPhone 13 to sell even less as a post Covid-19 hit USA and China markets are looking to recover.

Finally, I got this news directly from Xiaomi/Canalys France and my site servers are in Frankfurt, Germany.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by atheistandproud(m): 7:32am On Jul 16, 2021
Rather than yell over your keyboard or spout facts without context, why not back it up with plain facts.

Here are screenshots including a graph that shows that iphone sales have been steadily declining since 2014/15.

In 2018, in order to cover their backsides, apple stopped publishing iphone sales to the public. Do you think that it is a coincidence.

Yes I know you people love Apple and can sell your sisters and wives for their phones but when you come to my thread, come with evidence or shut the f*CK up!

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OMG!!! Price Of Infinix Hot Note At Yangamall.com Will Leave You Drooling / Amazing Smartphones Below ₦20,000 (20k) In Nigeria / Don't Buy Phone Because Of Ram, Refresh Rate Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.