Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! (5412 Views)

Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 / Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by atheistandproud(m): 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2021
KrazyDave16:

The same internet gave me what I told you and I broke it down but you still couldn't grasp anything...

Honestly, arguing with you is pointless. Believe in whatever makes you sleep better at night.

When I was in University, we had many of in the Department of Physiology, class of 2015, Delta State University.

Everything na argument. Even when there was no point to be made, their own be say, you must not win. I call it arguing for argument sake. Departmental meeting no dey end once them start.

grin grin grin
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by KrazyDave16(m): 1:11am On Jul 17, 2021
atheistandproud:

When I was in University, we had many of in the Department of Physiology, class of 2015, Delta State University.

Everything na argument. Even when there was no point to be made, their own be say, you must not win. I call it arguing for argument sake. Departmental meeting no dey end once them start.

grin grin grin
Sometimes it's fun but today own na headache e give me...
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by emae009(m): 8:50am On Jul 17, 2021
Mustiboy:

It's like you're mistaking me for the guy who made that statement.

My own stance is different. I never made any contradicting statement.

oh! yeah... sorry. My bad!

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by emae009(m): 9:12am On Jul 17, 2021
KrazyDave16:

The same internet gave me what I told you and I broke it down but you still couldn't grasp anything...

Honestly, arguing with you is pointless. Believe in whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Me: "But the price of the 12 is the same as the 11 and its sales are doing great. Samsung had to use the same strategy for the S21 to be successful".
You: "Same price
If you mean PR, campaigns and discounts, that's a different story"
(The truth: The price of launched price of iPhone 11 and the current price of iPhone 12 are the same. I said current because the launched price of the iPhone 12 Pro Max was $100 more).
I asked you to check it out yourself as I had already replied someone here with the same info.
But what did you come back with??
"The iPhone 12 sales is declining" and info about how Apple bumps the prices of their phone to report profit.
The second argument makes no sense when the phone were launched at basically the same price as their predecessor. How can you bump the price of a phone to stay the same
Coming to your former "sales premise". The iPhone 11 launched in 2019 and as of Q1 2021, it was still in the Top 5 most bought phones in 2021.
The iPhone 12 was launched in October 2020, it sold 100 million units in 7 months (a record) and is still selling and will still be selling even when the next iPhone is launched.
I always view people that are tech enthusiasts to be above average that they don't need simple explanation but what do you know.

You're the one that didn't know the price of the phones. Once you found out. Did you accept it in good faith? No. You decided to change strategy and come up with sales when you quoted me about price but I'm the one that likes to argue apparently and can't accept that my view is challenged. Go figure

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by freezy4me: 10:14am On Jul 17, 2021
emae009:

Me: "But the price of the 12 is the same as the 11 and its sales are doing great. Samsung had to use the same strategy for the S21 to be successful".
You: "Same price
If you mean PR, campaigns and discounts, that's a different story"
(The truth: The price of launched price of iPhone 11 and the current price of iPhone 12 are the same. I said current because the launched price of the iPhone 12 Pro Max was $100 more).
I asked you to check it out yourself as I had already replied someone here with the same info.
But what did you come back with??
"The iPhone 12 sales is declining" and info about how Apple bumps the prices of their phone to report profit.
The second argument makes no sense when the phone were launched at basically the same price as their predecessor. How can you bump the price of a phone to stay the same
Coming to your former "sales premise". The iPhone 11 launched in 2019 and as of Q1 2021, it was still in the Top 5 most bought phones in 2021.
The iPhone 12 was launched in October 2020, it sold 100 million units in 7 months (a record) and is still selling and will still be selling even when the next iPhone is launched.
I always view people that are tech enthusiasts to be above average that they don't need simple explanation but what do you know.

You're the one that didn't know the price of the phones. Once you found out. Did you accept it in good faith? No. You decided to change strategy and come up with sales when you quoted me about price but I'm the one that likes to argue apparently and can't accept that my view is challenged. Go figure

I need to see your friends and shake them cos they are trying

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by megareal: 11:33am On Jul 17, 2021
Benstino:

It's just so ridiculous and incomprehensible.
I personally was addicted to Samsung, then for personal reasons, I decided to move to xiaomi. Tomorrow if they stop meeting my taste, I switch. What do I gain from being so sensitive concerning brands? No be my Papa own the company nah. I no even get share for anyone of them. Nawaa o
I'm at a cross between choosing Samsung or Xiaomi. Samsung was always my go to phone. But I want a change. How good is the xiaomi you are using please?
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by atheistandproud(m): 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2021
megareal:

I'm at a cross between choosing Samsung or Xiaomi. Samsung was always my go to phone. But I want a change. How good is the xiaomi you are using please?

Bro do not choose phones based on brands but on specifications, quality and price ratio.

Personally I use Xiaomi because it has the best specs to price ratio in the midrange market. Hell...I use my phone to shoot 4K YouTube videos.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Timiflexi: 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
emae009:

The iPhone 12 sold more than the iPhone 11 but isn't better in terms of sells than the iPhone 11.
care to elaborate??

The iPhone 12 has better specs than the 11

The 11 on the other hand did not have more specs than the 10
So people (and I'm speaking from like 5-10 perianal experience ) who had the 10 did not buy or upgrade to 11
Most of them bought the 12 though , others are waiting for 13
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
megareal:

I'm currently using poco f2 pro. It's just an all round beauty
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by megareal: 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2021
Benstino:

I'm currently using poco f2 pro. It's just an all round beauty
Thanks, will check it out.
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Meister(m): 12:11am On Jul 21, 2021
megareal:

Thanks, will check it out.

After checking it out if you're interested I have foreign used available
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by AmadorSays: 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2021
Congrats to them, Transsion still very much rules Africa
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 24, 2021
Who's got a clean redmi for sale budget 45k
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by sunshineV(f): 7:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
AmadorSays:
who asked u, akpamu?

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Auskyd(m): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2021
These arguments dey sweet person. Abeg make una come back come continue abeg lol.
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by atheistandproud(m): 12:20am On Jul 25, 2021
Auskyd:
These arguments dey sweet person. Abeg make una come back come continue abeg lol.

Lmao grin grin grin grin
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Elxandre(m): 10:53am On Jul 25, 2021
atheistandproud:
Rather than yell over your keyboard or spout facts without context, why not back it up with plain facts.

Here are screenshots including a graph that shows that iphone sales have been steadily declining since 2014/15.

In 2018, in order to cover their backsides, apple stopped publishing iphone sales to the public. Do you think that it is a coincidence.

Yes I know you people love Apple and can sell your sisters and wives for their phones but when you come to my thread, come with evidence or shut the f*CK up!

I'm am android Stan but let's not pretend like Samsung too is selling flagships much.
I think the reason for declining sales might be that fact that innovation and speed has kind of peaked.
People no longer see reasons to purchase marginal improvements.
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by atheistandproud(m): 11:36am On Jul 25, 2021
Elxandre:

I'm am android Stan but let's not pretend like Samsung too is selling flagships much.
I think the reason for declining sales might be that fact that innovation and speed has kind of peaked.
People no longer see reasons to purchase marginal improvements.

Well of course not.

This is probably the golden age of midrangers.

Companies like Xiaomi have been able to break even by selling massive volumes of phones on the cheap to break even. A risky strategy that has paid off.

Samsung realizes this too and has switched tact. The days of selling a few items for top dollar are in the past. They certainly could return in the future but this is the here and now.

That's the point.

Apple doesn't report iPhone sales alone. Nope. They combine tablet, Mac, software services and other ecosystems together and then report it as a single unit.

Why pay top dollar for marginal returns?
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Elxandre(m): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2021
atheistandproud:

Well of course not.

This is probably the golden age of midrangers.

Companies like Xiaomi have been able to break even by selling massive volumes of phones on the cheap to break even. A risky strategy that has paid off.

Samsung realizes this too and has switched tact. The days of selling a few items for top dollar are in the past. They certainly could return in the future but this is the here and now.

That's the point.

Apple doesn't report iPhone sales alone. Nope. They combine tablet, Mac, software services and other ecosystems together and then report it as a single unit.

Why pay top dollar for marginal returns?
Are you sure they don't report solely iPhone sales?
Don't forget, Apple gets majority of their revenue from phone sales.

Be it as it may, I don't think Android is doing badly cos comparing total Android sales vs iOS sales will be like a dot and a circle.
That's the point people miss.
There are a thousand android phones there vs 3 or 4 Iphones yearly.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Auskyd(m): 1:23pm On Jul 25, 2021
Na only here for Naija you will people putting iPhone for head like trophy. If you aren't using iPhone, you never use phone. Then comes along Xiaomi people with the 70-110k phones they swear by. You no go see road Waka pass when them start argument about why Xiaomi is a good brand, which it is, and why you should throw away your iPhone or Samsung and buy them.

Then there's us, the inifinx and Tecno warriors who could occasionally switch to Umidigi and OPPO every once in a while lol. Na God deh help us because we are the downtrodden of the phone market in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Freelancerx: 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
angry Everything na by choice and how much we get to buy phone sha.
Auskyd:
Na only here for Naija you will people putting iPhone for head like trophy. If you aren't using iPhone, you never use phone. Then comes along Xiaomi people with the 70-110k phones they swear by. You no go see road Waka pass when them start argument about why Xiaomi is a good brand, which it is, and why you should throw away your iPhone or Samsung and buy them.

Then there's us, the inifinx and Tecno warriors who could occasionally switch to Umidigi and OPPO every once in a while lol. Na God deh help us because we are the downtrodden of the phone market in Nigeria.
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by Freelancerx: 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2021
grin grin wahala
AmadorSays:
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by atheistandproud(m): 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2021
Elxandre:

Are you sure they don't report solely iPhone sales?
Don't forget, Apple gets majority of their revenue from phone sales.

Be it as it may, I don't think Android is doing badly cos comparing total Android sales vs iOS sales will be like a dot and a circle.
That's the point people miss.
There are a thousand android phones there vs 3 or 4 Iphones yearly.

iPhone sales contributes about half to the total yearly revenue. Off the top of my head I think that's the official company statement. But...that's kinda hard to verify because we only have estimates of phone sales. So in the end, we are going to have to take the company's word for it.

This your final paragraph, that what I have been singing since that the iPhone keyboard warrior no wan understand. I'm grateful that we still have rational thinkers in the country. More phones equal more sales equal more market share. Simple comprehension.
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by billyboy(m): 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2021
You wan kill infinix??
Bunmhi:
Wey Infinix and Techno
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by walesho(m): 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2021
Enjoying my Google Pixel, I no like crowd.
Re: Xiaomi Overtakes Apple To Become Number 2 In The World!!! by AmadorSays: 4:17am On Jul 30, 2021
wasnt talking to you either, was just stating the obvious fact that TRANSSION RULES AFRICA grin
sunshineV:
who asked u, akpamu?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel 1gig For 100 / How To Hide Your Facebook Page Likes From Showing On Your Timeline / How 2 Unlock Any Nokia Phone Using A Master Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.