Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

How Safe Is It To Let Out A Car On Hire Purchase In Lagos - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Safe Is It To Let Out A Car On Hire Purchase In Lagos (1138 Views)

How Much Should I Take For Hire Purchase In Keke / How Safe And Secured Is Owealth, A Saving And Investment Platform On Opay / List Your Car On Uber / Taxify (amazing Weekly Revenue) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe Is It To Let Out A Car On Hire Purchase In Lagos by erubati: 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hello nairaland.
I have been at a crossroad as to which investment opportunity I can venture into in lagos.i work a 9-5 job and would love to invest and have the money work for me instead of me having to work for it.
I am thinking of getting a korope or buying a small tokunbo Corolla for Uber and letting it out on hire purchase,but am so scared of naija people.i do not know how hire purchase works that is,how much I lease out on hire purchase and for how many months and all.
Please I need sincere advice if it's a good business and how to make sure I don't get super by the person I lease out to on hire purchase.
Re: How Safe Is It To Let Out A Car On Hire Purchase In Lagos by Zaxbash1: 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Sir why not learning cry-to-cu-rrency trading and make cool passive income
Re: How Safe Is It To Let Out A Car On Hire Purchase In Lagos by MrMcJay(m): 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2021
Most drivers that accept vehicles or motorcycles for transportation intend cheating the owners of such vehicle or motorcycles. Their daily operations, activities and stories are geared towards achieving their ulterior motive: cheating the owner.

To reduce incidents of this happening,
1. Favour hire purchase over rentals.
2. Let the hirer pay some deposit (10%) which forms part of the hire purchase sum before you hand over the vehicle to begin work.
3. Let the hirer provide 2 guarantors, one of which must be a Civil servant.
4. Make sure you don't buy what you can't track. Install a tracker but don't tell the driver. This is hard in keke and bikes.
5. Ensure comprehensive insurance but don't tell the driver.
6. Hire only to young guys without family obligations.
7. Never ever give a family member even if he/she meets all the requirements.

If you can get someone who can fulfil the above obligations, at least your headache would reduce.

If you can't ensure you satisfy the above, use your money and buy local chicken to eat. At least, it's better you eat your money than someone else eating it.

5 Likes

Re: How Safe Is It To Let Out A Car On Hire Purchase In Lagos by Thurmieee: 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2021
If you're in Lagos. I'm in epe I'm looking for a car on hire purchase. Guarantor and initial deposit available.
Re: How Safe Is It To Let Out A Car On Hire Purchase In Lagos by Djkings84: 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
I am available for a higher purchase, if you decide to venture into transportation, I stay around festac town. Have a great week bro.
Re: How Safe Is It To Let Out A Car On Hire Purchase In Lagos by Kobicove(m): 7:51pm On Jul 27, 2021
erubati:
Hello nairaland.
I have been at a crossroad as to which investment opportunity I can venture into in lagos.i work a 9-5 job and would love to invest and have the money work for me instead of me having to work for it.
I am thinking of getting a korope or buying a small tokunbo Corolla for Uber and letting it out on hire purchase,but am so scared of naija people.i do not know how hire purchase works that is,how much I lease out on hire purchase and for how many months and all.
Please I need sincere advice if it's a good business and how to make sure I don't get super by the person I lease out to on hire purchase.

Take the advise on MrMcJay.

My addition to his advise is that you should not accept a deposit of less than 30%.

No matter what do not give the vehicle to a person who is related to you!

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is It To Let Out A Car On Hire Purchase In Lagos by TRUSTisWEALTH: 7:16pm On Aug 05, 2021
Patronize us if you need a car Loan... And our advice to OP, make sure whoever you are giving the car to. Make Background checks, NOT only providing a guarantor should convince you. we wish you the best
Re: How Safe Is It To Let Out A Car On Hire Purchase In Lagos by toastmagazinenigeria: 4:36pm On Mar 28
You can rent a car from NAIRAXI. Check them out https://nairaxi.ng/car-hire-in-abuja/ or https://nairaxi.ng/car-hire-in-lagos/

(1) (Reply)

AIT Shares: Is It All About Making Income Or Scamming The Masses? / Please Help Me, How Can I Invest 60,000 Naira / What Genuine And Profitable Business Can Someone Start With N300 000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.