Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why (1582 Views)

Edo Roads: Minister Of State For Budget, Agba Makes Excuses Over Fg's Failure / How Security Agents Hunting For IPOB Killed Unarmed People In Enugu - PUNCH / Osita Chidoka In Court For IPOB Detainees (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:07am On Jul 16, 2021
As a well educated person of a certain mature age, I want to confess my shame in defending some of the actions of IPOB and MNK on this forum and it has caused me a level of exasperation.

You see, I only started to listen to MKN about February this year and was immediately caught up in the logic behind his clamour for Biafra. I was so caught up with his stirring speeches that his invectives, insults, threats, boasting, clamouring and deadly plans caught me unawares. However, I kept listening and was proud of how he rattled the cage of the Nigerian FG.

However, the insults and threats became even more desperate, brazen, and daring and I cringed at some of the pronouncements he made, which included the capturing of certain people and the murder of their children anywhere in the world. That did it for me, and I knew belonging to IPOB was impossible and contributing money was ruled out. Why? Because when you contribute your hard earned money to groups like IPOB and they buy bullets to kill, the blood of those who were killed is partly your fault.

Why am I ashamed? Because , from a position of tribal rivalry and the marginalisation of Igbos I have been stupidly defending IPOB on this forum in terms of their right for self-determination and secession from Nigeria despite the clear path to war and blood shed that they had laid out. My conscience can no more allow me to continue on this path and I now have to come out to totally denounce the antics and methods of MNK and IPOB.

These are my reasons.

1. With IPOB there is no room for dissent, I have lost followers on twitter and elsewhere, and been subject to abuse for having difference of opinion

2. Before IPOB we had lots of problems in Igbo land, but never blood shed on this massive scale, we cannot allow this continue, it must be halted.

3. IPOB propaganda is demeaning and degrading and, in many cases, laughable

4. MNK's plan before he was caught was to turn the South East into a war zone so that CNN, BBC and other major news organisations will take notice and create awareness for Biafra.

5. MNK was willingly to sacrifice all our Youth for Biafra. Meanwhile he is not their father or mother and does not seem to understand that they are human beings who have a future.

6. ESN was supposed to be in the bush, but they came out and committed wanton and random killings of our security forces many of whom were Igbo , and pretended not to be UGM

7. MNK was stubborn, almost arrogant and refused to take advice from many of his supporters. Anyone who had a difference of opinion was shut down

8. IPOB made enemies not allies. They are crude in their approach and need to be totally transformed if they want to be taken seriously.

9. MNK’s reference to Fulani people as dirty desert dwellers is unbecoming of an elder and person with a reasonable level of education, more so because of his exposure to life in the UK. We have problems with Fulani Herdsmen and Fulani politicians, but the Fulanis are not a dirty desert dwellers, they are our African brother and sisters.

10. MNK’s abuse of blacks as subhuman and stupid, was totally out of order and self-defeating. We are not subhuman; we are human beings who are victims of circumstances.

11. I am afraid that MNK and IPOB have radicalised a large number of our youth in their 20s and early 30s and they may pose a danger to the stability of the South East. Our governors and leaders must reach out to them to integrate them back into society and make them productive.

I can go on and on, but I will stop here.

In summary, I can no longer agree with IPOB, they must either change their ways or be put out of existence. We need more stable, calculated, measured and strategic voices and leaders to come out and support.

We still want Biafra and we will achieve it through less violent and more intelligent methods. But if Nigeria changes for the better we will also support Nigeria.

Thank You.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by Jerryherd: 12:15am On Jul 16, 2021
Too late, human blood had been shed, repercussions shall follow except the land is cleansed of evil

https://www.facebook.com/100513961826877/videos/346525397048684/a

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by Oharina(m): 12:16am On Jul 16, 2021
Z
Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:19am On Jul 16, 2021
Jerryherd:
Too late, human blood had been shed, repercussions shall follow except the land is cleansed of evil

Unverified information with no evidence, grow up and do the right thing.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by ejighikemeuwa: 12:19am On Jul 16, 2021
You in particular can not be a part in the actualisation of Biafra nation because you have no good intention for your write up but only want to be reorganized @ the detriment of the leader of the struggle and the struggle it's self.

2 Likes

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:20am On Jul 16, 2021
ejighikemeuwa:
You in particular can not be a part in the actualisation of Biafra nation

Why ? Because I refuse to be part of IPOB ? Is IPOB the only way to Biafra ?

Clear off bro !!!

18 Likes

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by Jerryherd: 12:22am On Jul 16, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

Unverified information with no evidence, grow up and do the right thing.

Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/100513961826877/videos/346525397048684/

Is this verification enough you still want to hide evil thinking you won't be part of the repercussions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by onumadu: 12:23am On Jul 16, 2021
2. Before IPOB we had lots of problems in Igbo land, but never blood shed on this massive scale, we cannot allow this continue, it must be halted.

The problem with people who want to turn public opinion against IPOB is that they tend to run on false premises or outright lies, and that defeats their mission.

Did you say that before IPOB there were no killings on a "massive scale" in Igboland?

(1) Who killed the people discovered at Ezu river? How many corpses were recovered there?

(2) Before IPOB, how many MASSOB activists were gunned down just because they came out to march?

(3) Before now, and even till date, how many Igbos were killed just for marching or holding Biafran flags? In a single incident reported by Amnesty International, 150 innocent Igbos were killed during Operation Python Dance.

(4) How many times have Igbo been killed by Fulani herdsmen in their own ancestral lands, and where was your indignation about those crimes?

(5) Didn't the Yoruba just march in Lagos and other parts of South West for Oduduwa republic, and how many of them were mowed down by police and army?

(6) Didn't some airforce persons just gun down IGBO TRADERS at Ladipo market? Would they have gunned down Hausa, Fulani or Yoruba traders in like manner?

(7) Why can't Igbo youths march in Igboland or anywhere in Nigeria just to make a political point?

All these questions (and of course you cannot answer them honestly) show that you have your morality and sense of right and wrong skewed against your own people (if you are Igbo).
But Igbo people are very smart (perhaps the smartest of black people) and so can easily see through your false indignation.
The issue for us Igbo is NOT IPOB. The issue is SURVIVAL and DIGNITY.
And we MUST get both either inside Nigeria or in Biafra, most likely Biafra.

14 Likes

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:24am On Jul 16, 2021
Jerryherd:

Is this verification enough you still want to hide evil thinking you won't be part of the repercussions

Where did it mention IPOB, when where they killed, where is the evidence to show they were killed ?

Brain transformation in progress.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by nonhuman(m): 12:25am On Jul 16, 2021
Go and die

1 Like

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by Jerryherd: 12:26am On Jul 16, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

Where did it mention IPOB, when where they killed, where is the evidence to show they were killed ?

Look at his face very well and deny as you want, if he dies his ghost would fustrate many lives of people who persecuted him

Keep denying

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by tafabaloo(m): 12:32am On Jul 16, 2021
Ok....

Sebi you dey deny/spports their evil acts In other posts .

Every right thinking southeasterners should condemn the evil activities of these terrorists in the region. They are already becoming monsters that should be decimated at all cost.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by amuwo1980: 12:48am On Jul 16, 2021
When did u register on nairaland ?
Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:48am On Jul 16, 2021
tafabaloo:
Ok....

Sebi you dey deny/spports their evil acts In other posts .

Every right thinking southeasterners should condemn the evil activities of these terrorists in the region. They are already becoming monsters that should be decimated at all cost.

Don’t be silly, no such thing .
Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:49am On Jul 16, 2021
amuwo1980:
When did u register on nairaland ?

November 12th, 1987.
Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by tafabaloo(m): 12:52am On Jul 16, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

Don’t be silly, no such thing .

Silly my foot ! You want me to import some of ur posts ? Anyway, it's good you have realised ur mistakes.
Employing violence to achieve set goals shld never be encouraged .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:53am On Jul 16, 2021
tafabaloo:

Silly my foot ! You want me to import some of ur posts ? Anyway, it's good you have realised ur mistakes.
Violence as a way of achieving goals shld never be encouraged .

Yes, oya show me.
Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by tafabaloo(m): 12:54am On Jul 16, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

Yes, oya show me.
Bros , I get presentation.

Even your admittance on this post gave credence to my assertion that you encourage violence and killing of Easterners by the so called ESN militants.

1 Like

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by gidgiddy: 1:06am On Jul 16, 2021
GodHatesBigots:
As a well educated person of a certain mature age, I want to confess my shame in defending some of the actions of IPOB and MNK on this forum and it has caused me a level of exasperation.

You see, I only started to listen to MKN about February this year and was immediately caught up in the logic behind his clamour for Biafra. I was so caught up with his stirring speeches that his invectives, insults, threats, boasting, clamouring and deadly plans caught me unawares. However, I kept listening and was proud of how he rattled the cage of the Nigerian FG.

However, the insults and threats became even more desperate, brazen, and daring and I cringed at some of the pronouncements he made, which included the capturing of certain people and the murder of their children anywhere in the world. That did it for me, and I knew belonging to IPOB was impossible and contributing money was ruled out. Why? Because when you contribute your hard earned money to groups like IPOB and they buy bullets to kill, the blood of those who were killed is partly your fault.

Why am I ashamed? Because , from a position of tribal rivalry and the marginalisation of Igbos I have been stupidly defending IPOB on this forum in terms of their right for self-determination and secession from Nigeria despite the clear path to war and blood shed that they had laid out. My conscience can no more allow me to continue on this path and I now have to come out to totally denounce the antics and methods of MNK and IPOB.

These are my reasons.

1. With IPOB there is no room for dissent, I have lost followers on twitter and elsewhere, and been subject to abuse for having difference of opinion

4. MNK's plan before he was caught was to turn the South East into a war zone so that CNN, BBC and other major news organisations will take notice and create awareness for Biafra.

5. MNK was willingly to sacrifice all our Youth for Biafra. Meanwhile he is not their father or mother and does not seem to understand that they are human beings who have a future.

6. ESN was supposed to be in the bush, but they came out and committed wanton and random killings of our security forces many of whom were Igbo , and pretended not to be UGM

7. MNK was stubborn, almost arrogant and refused to take advice from many of his supporters. Anyone who had a difference of opinion was shut down

8. IPOB made enemies not allies. They are crude in their approach and need to be totally transformed if they want to be taken seriously.

9. MNK’s reference to Fulani people as dirty desert dwellers is unbecoming of an elder and person with a reasonable level of education, more so because of his exposure to life in the UK. We have problems with Fulani Herdsmen and Fulani politicians, but the Fulanis are not a dirty desert dwellers, they are our African brother and sisters.

10. MNK’s abuse of blacks as subhuman and stupid, was totally out of order and self-defeating. We are not subhuman; we are human beings who are victims of circumstances.

11. I am afraid that MNK and IPOB have radicalised a large number of our youth in their 20s and early 30s and they may pose a danger to the stability of the South East. Our governors and leaders must reach out to them to integrate them back into society and make them productive.

In summary, I can no longer agree with IPOB, they must either change their ways or be put out of existence. We need more stable, calculated, measured and strategic voices and leaders to come out and support.

We still want Biafra and we will achieve it through less violent and more intelligent methods. But if Nigeria changes for the better we will also support Nigeria.

Thank You.

Personally for me, there is no proof that ESN was involved in killing anyone. But it is important to note that all the violence in the South East is not up to what is happening in Buhari's home state of Katsina where killings, kidnappings and rape is the order of the day.

Kanu may use crude words sometimes, make verbal threats and say unpleasant things. But it is far better to have someone running their mouth like Kanu, than to have several armed bandits running with AK47 all over the North, killing people, kidnapping and raping. Then sending shake Gumi to go and plead with them.

6 Likes

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by Minjim: 1:08am On Jul 16, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

Please, try buy sense
Because it seems kanu has filled ur brain with indomie

1 Like

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by Minjim: 1:10am On Jul 16, 2021
gidgiddy:

Personally for me, there is no proof that ESN was involved in killing anyone. But it is important to note that all the violence in the South East is not up to what is happening in Buhari's home state of Katsina where killings, kidnappings and rape is the order of the day.

Kanu may use crude words sometimes, make verbal threats and say unpleasant things. But it is far better to have someone running their mouth like Kanu, than to have several armed bandits running with AK47 all over the North, killing people, kidnapping and raping. Then sending shake Gumi to go and plead with them.

Wait, so who do you still think is responsible for all the killings in the east lately?

This was how the killings in the north gradually started too. Or you think it happened overnight?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by GodHatesBigots(m): 1:13am On Jul 16, 2021
Minjim:

Please, try buy sense
Because it seems kanu has filled ur brain with indomie

Who is this lazy youth
Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by Sincinnati: 1:24am On Jul 16, 2021
ejighikemeuwa:
You in particular can not be a part in the actualisation of Biafra nation because you have no good intention for your write up but only want to be reorganized @ the detriment of the leader of the struggle and the struggle it's self.
What you did now, the OP called it “No room for dissent”. I call it lack of sense.

The way you guys jump in to defend NK even in the face of indefensible absurdities always points to the saying that most of y’all are under oaths to do nothing but what he says.

I’m really deeply worried about you all.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by God2man2again(m): 1:30am On Jul 16, 2021
Some questions IPOB,ESN and BIAFRA need to answer urgently before July 26.

1. How can Biafra be achieved when Igbo people are scattered, located and resided in the North booming with big business? Some Igbo don't even care.

2. What do you have for your people to do (as job) if they come home to Biafra country?

3. How many of Igbo people agreed on Biafra country? What is the percentage?

4. How can Biafra be achieved? With war or with dialogue?

6. If it is war, do you have enough soldiers to combat Nigeria?

7. If it is by referendum, will Nigeria Government under Bihari Administration agree to it?

8. How many states in the east will form Biafra?

9. Bifra or Nothing? After Biafra, let's assume not reality, how many Igbo people will stay in Biafra and stop doing business with Nigerians?

10. How are you going to tackle your challenges before, during and after Biafra? (If it is achieved)

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by SeeThisLoser: 1:36am On Jul 16, 2021
Well done brother , you are on the right path.
Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by GeeMeshin1(m): 1:56am On Jul 16, 2021
There's fire on the mountain...
Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by banom(m): 6:30am On Jul 16, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

These are my reasons.

Thank You.

I wouldn't have responded to you because we have passed your level in this agitation, and I know you are here with a sponsored propaganda against IPOB. I'm only responding to you now because you have actually shot yourself on the foot with some things you wrote.

First you said you are Igbo, and the fulanis are your brothers....nice, let me remind you that the fulanis sees the southern Kadunas more as a brother than you a wannabe Igbo, and yet they keep killing and slaughtering the southern Kadunas everyday. ..may the brotherly fate of the southern Kadunas meted upon them by their and your fulani brothers befall you and your family...iseee

Second, you said Nnamdi Kanu's approach to the agitation is wrong, and that we need a more inclusive, calculated, and strategic Method...this sounds so good.....now, Nnamdi Kanu is in detention, the field is now open for you to come out and lead us with that your own superior style of agitation.... since you are Igbo, you too can do it.....so over to you, come out. We will support you. But if you fail to come out now with that your superior and more calculated approach, then close your ignorant mouth forever about IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu. You can't be stupid and confused at the same time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by History555: 6:38am On Jul 16, 2021
Every tom dick and harry is using lgbos to seek for attention. If mofos dedicated the same time to speaking out on the atrocities of herdsmen, perhaps things would be different.. check tru, how many people have written long essays on herdsmen and bandits the way they write on lgbos. Jobless Igbo haters pretending to be concerned about lgbos.

4 Likes

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by louqas: 7:07am On Jul 16, 2021
gidgiddy:

Fulani herdsmen violence in the east is the most minimal , yet the reason why you are saying you want the country divided is because of fulani herdsmen so shouldnt you be encouraging beroms , tivs or katsina indigenes do start agitating for secession too?

You set up ESN because you want to fight fulani bandits in the forests but its in the cities you find ESN members violating the rights of ibos in iboland, killing ibos in security forces , yoù even kill your young girls for juju.....all because of fulani herdsmen...
You built a house in which you are a major stakeholder and because one of your tenants gone rogue you decided to abandon your house for him and decide to go live in the bush, does that seem rational?

This ipob secession agitation is so wacked walahi

1 Like

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by amuwo1980: 7:08am On Jul 16, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

November 12th, 1987.
More like ur date of birth fake man, playing games
Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by gidgiddy: 8:28am On Jul 16, 2021
louqas:

Fulani herdsmen violence in the east is the most minimal , yet the reason why you are saying you want the country divided is because of fulani herdsmen so shouldnt you be encouraging beroms , tivs or katsina indigenes do start agitating for secession too?

You set up ESN because you want to fight fulani bandits in the forests but its in the cities you find ESN members violating the rights of ibos in iboland, killing ibos in security forces , yoù even kill your young girls for juju.....all because of fulani herdsmen...
You built a house in which you are a major stakeholder and because one of your tenants gone rogue you decided to abandon your house for him and decide to go live in the bush, does that seem rational?

This ipob secession agitation is so wacked walahi

Igbos such as my self, who want the independence of our people, are not doing it just because of killer herdsmen. Nigeria is not working, it has failed. Its time for us to try something else.

Nobody has shown any proof that ESN are the unknown gunmen, only speculation.

One thing that amuses me is how the South East is treated in relation to other areas. All the insecurity in the South East is not up to what is happening in in Buhari's home state where hundreds of people are being killed, kidnapped and raped every week. You dont see the security forces running around there trying to catch the bandits, rather, you have Governor Masari, running around posing for pictures with armed terrorists

The Northerners even put N100M on Kanu's head, even though there is no IPOB in the North. But they have nit put one Kobo on Shekau's head, or the head of any of the bandits all over the North

One Nigeria indeed! We are not one and never been

2 Likes

Re: I Can No longer makes excuses for IPOB - here’s why by Throwback: 8:30am On Jul 16, 2021
The scales are falling gradually.

No problem with wanting secession and pursuing it by lobbying the polical leadership of the people or assuming political leadership by transitioning from a lobby group into a political party or aligning with a political party to accomplish the goal.

Only IPOB within the global sphere, is deluded that a lobby group that has become a terrorist organisation, can force its will on a people that already have democratic representation and a constitutional leadership.

Scotland in UK, Catalonia in Spain, Kurds in Iraq, all have their secession ambitions led by the recognised and constitutional political leadership of the people.

What amuses me now is that the terrorist is begging to be accorded his human rights. The same human rights he deprived Senator Ekweremadu in Germany.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News Ijaw Republic Flag Raised In Yenagoa / Many People Have Stopped Following Reno Omokri A / Premier Of The Western Region, Deputy, Governor Were Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.