Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case (44019 Views)

Bindmans To Carry Nnamdi Kanu Case / Britain, Firm Seek Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case / Sowore: AGF Malami Orders DSS To Hands-Off Trial, Takes Over Case-file (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Chinablack: 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Who punished The United States for Miguel Noriega? Keep deceiving yourself, the most important thing is that the parrot is under the custody of the Zoo Keeper, even early these morning I logged into my twitter account via vpn, let my Mazi tweet on his daily morning show (Good Morning Biafra) to his teeming followers? Mumus.
extraordinary rendition was declared a serious crime against humanity by the UN on July 2014. since then, powerful countries like US that used to dominate the crime have not committed the crime until your illiterate leaders allowed hate for igbos to land them inside hot okro soup
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Lifestone(m): 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2021
mbos:

but Britain is their sovereign colonial creator of the shit hole nation
But you haven't provided the information I asked for, you guys are jokers.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Buckeyemedia1: 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
Tonytonex:
mind your language. And who told that I'm a poor man. Negative mind.
Only a poor minded mentality both materially & spiritually will support anything Ipob?
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Web2020: 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Ok it was Yorubas, or Hausas that he is was planning ipob with? Go & ask Kenya & Ethiopian airlines who their number 1 customers for narcotic’s trafficking is? Mazi was held for aiding money laundering by Kenya Officials, then handed over to Nigeria for money laundering to finance terrorism in Nigeria, treasonable felony.
And same Kenya denied knowledge on how Kanu was arrested or Kidnap. try hard, your conspiracy theory is not adding up.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2021
owobokiri:

If you listened to what the British embassy in Nigeria has been saying over the last several months, you will notice that Britain seems to have gotten tired of her brutish alliance with the fulanis on Nigeria and seem to be generally worried of the future. They seem to estimate that there is a high possiblity of conflict and carnage in the future and are basically caliberating their foreign policy goals to prepare for that highly possible eventuality. Essentially, as it's related to Buhari, British foreign policy goals seem to be looking beyond his tenure and if you are a good reader of political events, you would know that to maintain peace and tranquility across board in the geographical space called Nigeria, over the next decades, you either need to have accepted peace through agreements amongst the constituting units or you should be ready to willfully employ brutal force to get the job done as Buhari is doing today..., endlessly.. Buhari tactics is not going to last long. People are going to challenge this system as 2023 gets closer and the foundations of buharis politics of fulani supremacism can't be so solid to last forever. Britain is aware of this, especially when you throw in Boko Haram, ISWAP and fulani Herdsmen into the mix! Britain is looking at the future here... Kanu is not necessarily the issue...

say whatever you need to make yourself feel good.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2021
adelaja70:

ODE ni e.. ODE gidi ni e. How did Britain sanction Nigeria? Our plane was seized and we retaliated. They recalled their High commissioner and we did the same too. Only 3 agents went to jail and were later released. Not until our seized plane landed in Nigeria did we release their own..... I was a living witness. Nobody tell me story.... Olodo!
abeg tell them!!

1 Like

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Tonytonex(m): 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Only a poor minded mentality both materially & spiritually will support anything Ipob?
I see. You're poor mentally. Where in my comment did I said that I'm supporting ibop? Negative mind.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Chinablack: 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Who punished The United States for Miguel Noriega? Keep deceiving yourself, the most important thing is that the parrot is under the custody of the Zoo Keeper, even early these morning I logged into my twitter account via vpn, let my Mazi tweet on his daily morning show (Good Morning Biafra) to his teeming followers? Mumus.
extraordinary rendition was declared a serious crime against humanity by the united nations on July 2014. since then till date , powerful countries like US that used to dominate the crime have not committed the crime until your illiterate leaders allowed hatred for igbos to land them inside hot okro soup
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Buckeyemedia1: 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
Web2020:
And same Kenya denied knowledge on how Kanu was arrested or Kidnap. try hard, your conspiracy theory is not adding up.
The Show is not a public trial, you kids thrive in the gallery of the naive public,, what do you want kenya to say?, has Mazi told anyone what he went to Nairobi for? The longer you talk, the longer he spends in captivity, it doesn’t change anything whatsoever, the chicken has finally come home to roost, the emu parrot has been apprehended by the Zookeeper.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Captain8(m): 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2021
SeeThisLoser:

If the House of Parliament gets involved which it will, it may force the hand of the government to take action against Nigeria.
britain take action against nigeria government? same way you people were believing fantasies till they arrested your leader.... now you have started believing another pipe dream....
keep believing in unreality till court hang kanu to death....
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by mbos: 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2021
IGBOSON1:
These Brits are still under the mistaken impression that they're dealing with a responsible gov't! Buhari, being the hateful and vindictive person he is, will rather take a bullet than allow the British gov't take his prisoner, Mazi Kanu, back to the UK!

For Buhari to yield, western gov'ts have to throw away the rule book and go medieval on his skinny ass!

yur zoo leader will soon fall into his own trap
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by GoodGrace: 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2021
Safemoon:

Good let's be civilised. it's not about Kanu but a case of breach of international law .there is no way you can try an abductee because their is a crime in-between no sane judge will judge such case it's not admissible.there are lots of technicalities in law.in this case there is lots of illegalities.

You not likeing people like iba Adams igboho or Kanu makes no difference before the law.

Nnamdi Kanu represent the voice of his people they love him and he is doing what's right.you may not like it but he is changing things .

Note: I have not said that the FG did not breach international law- they most likely did. However, the injured party is not Kanu but Kenya. The extradition rights are for states not individuals. Hence, Kanu cannot instigate a case against the FG for bringing him to face the law. The only party that can do so is Kenya. Hence, the initial push by Ipob to boycott Kenyan goods and services. However, this has not had any effect on the Kenyan government.

Hope you are aware that Kanu is not the first person to be extradited from Kenya (see Gullen's case). This was a relative of a wanted person by Turkey. Unlike Nigeria, Turkey clearly stated stated that the man was captured in Kenya...and no country has requested that either Kenya or Turkey give account on this case... A lot of cry, but nothing else.

Hope this provides clarity. The question is locus standi. Who can bring a case against another in this case.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Buckeyemedia1: 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2021
Chinablack:
extraordinary rendition was declared a serious crime against humanity by the united nations on July 2014. since then till date , powerful countries like US that used to dominate the crime have not committed the crime until your illiterate leaders allowed hatred for igbos to land them inside hot okro soup
It doesn’t apply to Fugitives like Mazi that jumped bail, a Nigerian Court had revoked his bail & issued a warrant for his arrest, both Local & International, he had no more rights again period.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/biafra-court-revokes-kanus-bail-issues-bench-warrant-for-his-arrest/%3famp=1
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Lifestone(m): 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2021
Chinablack:
extraordinary rendition was declared a serious crime against humanity by the UN on July 2014. since then, powerful countries like US that used to dominate the crime have not committed the crime until your illiterate leaders allowed hate for igbos to land them inside hot okro soup
What were the sanctions?
But again, what happened to Belarus when he forced down an aircraft to seize the one they called the enemy of the State? Bro nothing after the usual shouts, it ends there.
Then you guys do not understand in proper terms what is meant by rendition. Nigeria obtain Kanu from Kenya through the proper channel, if you have any case, face Kenya. But as far as Nigeria is concerned, Kanu is a fugitive and has been returned to continue from where he ran away.
One question I have for all of you is that: How come no body knew Kanu was arrested until he arrived Nigeria, who was he staying with in Kenya, was he alone at the point of arrest, if yes, why would your leader walk alone knowing he's a fugitive and if there was nobody with him, what business was he doing driving to a meeting all alone? These are questions I had expected answer to.
Your leader got missing for eight days without you knowing, it's somehow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by mbos: 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2021
Jerryherd:

Most Ipobians are stupid so I don't take offense in their ignorance and stupidity

British citizens that joined ISIL outside UK soil got full punishment but dunce Ipobians don't know that

His lawyers in UK would go to court that he was abducted in Kenya by Uhuru Kenyatta's government, and Kenya's government would give evidence why they felt he was in their country to promote terrorism... And believe me if Kenya Government opens up then he is finished completely in the UK

sisi people are not indigenous freedom fighter, but religious bigots. get that into ur brain
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by GoodGrace: 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2021
IvarDboneless:

See as you dey disgrace your sef for public forum becus you wan prove point...you no go shut up make people way get sense talk. Ode
You don't even know who aloy ejimakor is. Oponu

I have not insulted anyone or used crude language. Who is Aloy? He is clearly incompetent na. Confusing the engagement of a British law firm with having the British government taking up a case against Nigeria. I would rather we debated the points in a gentlemanly fashion. I have stated my points, counter them if they are weak. Counter arguments with superior arguments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Buckeyemedia1: 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2021
Lifestone:

What were the sanctions?
But again, what happened to Belarus when he forced down an aircraft to seize the one they called the enemy of the State? Bro nothing after the usual shouts, it ends there.
Then you guys do not understand in proper terms what is meant by rendition. Nigeria obtain Kanu from Kenya through the proper channel, if you have any case, face Kenya. But as far as Nigeria is concerned, Kanu is a fugitive and has been returned to continue from where he ran away.

One question I have for all of you is that: How come no body knew Kanu was arrested until he arrived Nigeria, who was he staying with in Kenya, was he alone at the point of arrest, if yes, why would your leader walk alone knowing he's a fugitive and if there was nobody with him, what business was he doing driving to a meeting all alone? These are questions I had expected answer to.
Your leader got missing for eight days without you knowing, it's somehow.
Dude you are a critical thinker, don’t mind those daft Jewish ipobians, if anything like that actually exist?
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Web2020: 2:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
The Show is not a public trial, you kids thrive in the gallery of the naive public,, what do you want kenya to say?, has Mazi told anyone what he went to Nairobi for? The longer you talk, the longer he spends in captivity, it doesn’t change anything whatsoever, the chicken has finally come home to roost, the emu parrot has been apprehended by the Zookeeper.
You see yourself. The trial was done in the secret? well done secret society. You are just the one crying for Kanu, he knows the task ahead of him before he started the freedom fight and he is well prepared for it. He lost his parent in the process. Go and watch his broadcast, he knows this day would come. No one becomes a hero without a fight. Please, you have the floor to say whatever you like right now. But I assure you, Kanu will triumph and he will laugh at last.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Web2020: 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2021
GoodGrace:

I have not insulted anyone or used crude language. Who is Aloy? He is clearly incompetent na. Confusing the engagement of a British law firm with having the British government taking up a case against Nigeria. I would rather we debated the points in a gentlemanly fashion. I have stated my points, counter them if they are weak. Counter arguments with superior arguments.
Who engaged the firm?
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Daddy46: 2:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
Commentor:

Like US did Osama Bin Laden.
is Osama not declared a terrorist ?you go school at all or generational curse they follow ona,who does not know Osama
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by GoodGrace: 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2021
Web2020:
Who engaged the firm?

We don't know. My guess is that he has the firm on retainer (see bolded below). However, this is no biggie. Governments can hire law firms for its citizens to afford them good representation. It doesn't mean they are taking the other country to court. Note: Governments offer citizens legal support against themselves (Right to a fair trial & public defenders).
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Buckeyemedia1: 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2021
Web2020:
You see yourself. The trial was done in the secret? well done secret society. You are just the one crying for Kanu, he knows the task ahead of him before he started the freedom fight and he is well prepared for it. He lost his parent in the process. Go and watch his broadcast, he knows this day would come. No one becomes a hero without a fight. Please, you have the floor to say whatever you like right now. But I assure you, Kanu will triumph and he will laugh at last.
Let him suffer by himself, for some ungrateful disillusioned sheep, even John The Baptist doubted Christ in his captivity, nothing is new under the sun.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Dreadful: 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Very funny, stop laughing @ yourself, may I remind you that you are the one begging & agitating for freedom, you are my slave, Masters don’t beg their slaves.
We know those behind your misery.
So shut up!
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Web2020: 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
GoodGrace:

We don't know. My guess is that he has the firm on retainer (see bolded below). However, this is no biggie. Governments can hire law firms for its citizens to afford them good representation. It doesn't mean they are taking the other country to court. Note: Governments offer citizens legal support against themselves (Right to a fair trial & public defenders).
Good! Thank you for been objective here. Now, if that is the case it will give room for a fair hearing which would have been literarily missing if there were to be no international interest. The world's attention has been drawn. The legal burden is now on the Nigerian government to prove their case of terrorism file against him beyond all reasonable doubt. So, it will be difficult to have the kind of case where the governorship candidate that came out in 4th position in an election eventually became the governor of the state via the Nigeria supreme court; that is what would not happen here
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by chuksoyo21(m): 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2021
This is a sponsored post ... It's not true that Kanu is in high spirit...
His lawyer already said in a life interview that his client needs an urgent medical attention. So, how could he be in high spirit
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by GoodGrace: 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2021
Web2020:
Good! Thank you for been objective here. Now, if that is the case it will give room for a fair hearing which would have been literarily missing if there were to be no international interest. The world's attention has been drawn. The legal burden is now on the Nigerian government to prove their case of terrorism file against him beyond all reasonable doubt. So, it will be difficult to have the kind of case where the governorship candidate that came out in 4th position in an election eventually became the governor of the state via the Nigeria supreme court; that is what would not happen here

This was never in doubt. Everyone's gaze is on this case. Would the FG try to bias it? They may try, but it would not be successful. The case is before an eminent jurist in Justice Binta Nyarko. A good law firm seasoned in Nigerian law is quite necessary. This Aloy guy is a propaganda lawyer (think Rudi Giuliani).

Having said the foregoing, I am of the opinion that Kanu and Igboho (if captured) are in for a long ride. Buhari is quite unhinged and appears unleashed from all trappings. All I can think of is OBJ against the likes of Uwazurike, Adams, Dokubo, etc.... I don't know the details of their experience, but none of them came back the same. They all speak and talk slower, and have been quite tame since the incident. Now I know Buhari is a 1,000 times crazier compared to OBJ, and all I can do is wonder.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Chinablack: 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
It doesn’t apply to Fugitives like Mazi that jumped bail, a Nigerian Court had revoked his bail & issued a warrant for his arrest, both Local & International, he had no more rights again period.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/biafra-court-revokes-kanus-bail-issues-bench-warrant-for-his-arrest/%3famp=1
extraordinary rendition was declared a serious crime against humanity by UN primarily to deter leaders of powerful countries from abducting fugitives, asylum seekers, dissidents etc overseas and subjecting them to extreme tortures without extradition processes. it applies to all criminal suspects overseas
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by Web2020: 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2021
GoodGrace:

This was never in doubt. Everyone's gaze is on this case. Would the FG try to bias it? They may try, but it would not be successful. The case is before an eminent jurist in Justice Binta Nyarko. A good law firm seasoned in Nigerian law is quite necessary. This Aloy guy is a propaganda lawyer (think Rudi Giuliani).

Having said the foregoing, I am of the opinion that Kanu and Igboho (if captured) are in for a long ride. Buhari is quite unhinged and appears unleashed from all trappings. All I can think of is OBJ against the likes of Uwazurike, Adams, Dokubo, etc.... I don't know the details of their experience, but none of them came back the same. They all speak and talk slower, and have been quite tame since the incident. Now I know Buhari is a 1,000 times crazier compared to OBJ, and all I can do is wonder.
You started well but ended badly. However, Uwazurike was tamed as you said because he accepted to be tamed with money. The kanu that I have watched or held from can not be Uwazurike. Cross your arms and watch how it goes.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by GoodGrace: 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2021
Chinablack:
extraordinary rendition was declared a serious crime against humanity by UN primarily to deter leaders of powerful countries from abducting fugitives, asylum seekers, dissidents etc overseas and subjecting them to extreme tortures without extradition processes. it applies to all criminal suspects overseas

Oga relax. You have quoted the July 2014 case as the key point. Note that Nigeria is not part of the European Union. The EU made a case against Poland... which is like saying OAU makes a case against Kenya for participating in the abduction of Gulen.

Note the injured party is the state. In the 2014 case, the EU was the injured party and they sanctioned Poland for participating in the effort (more or less desecrating EU Laws). Think Lagos participating in the abduction of a citizen to South Africa without notifying the Nigerian government or going through due process.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by dragunov: 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2021
Jerryherd:

Most Ipobians are stupid so I don't take offense in their ignorance and stupidity

British citizens that joined ISIL outside UK soil got full punishment but dunce Ipobians don't know that

His lawyers in UK would go to court that he was abducted in Kenya by Uhuru Kenyatta's government, and Kenya's government would give evidence why they felt he was in their country to promote terrorism... And believe me if Kenya Government opens up then he is finished completely in the UK

But they won't be able to provide any evidence because there is non. I know you hate Kanu But in this battle, his chances of victory are very very fat. Don't think that courts in the Western world is the same as Nigeria, were government can lie against you and trample on your rights. The Kenyan government is not involved and they will quickly disown any rogue agent involved in the abduction.
The only option left for the Fulanis is to kill Kanu before he disgraces them. But that would lead to another problem for them.
Re: Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case by GoodGrace: 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
Web2020:
You started well but ended badly. However, Uwazurike was tamed as you said because he accepted to be tamed with money. The kanu that I have watched or held from can not be Uwazurike. Cross your arms and watch how it goes.
No one knows tomorrow!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lilian Onoh Becomes Nigeria’s Ambassador To Namibia (Photos) / Ebonyi: Gunmen Kill 2 Soldiers, One Civilian At Checkpoint / Fight Erupts At PDP Governorship Primaries In Awka (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.