Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South (2149 Views)

Governor Mba Visits Nimbo Community, Commiserate With Victims Of Herdsmen -pic / Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption / Fani-kayode Reacts To Call For Relocation Of Herdsmen From Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Gisbourne44: 7:31am On Jul 16, 2021
Good Morning house

pls this isnt scam

I'm a masters student who needs people to carry out my survey for my course work

its a 1 page questionnaire on disaster waste management systems.

pls the link is below

i need about 200 reviews for a valid result and i have just 10 at the moment

thanks in anticipation

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfyy-emAzGqNO9aoNWuVy53-PBcyh_P4Zc7i6d6rq3ulP64ew/viewform?usp=sf_link
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:36am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

The Igbos are not building or settling on dry, arid lands, but on the limited fertile lands up north, hence the need for herdsmen to migrate southwards.
Since it was willingly sold to them by the original owners, you have no right to complain. Rather your complaint should be channeled to those who sold the few arable land you have to strangers.
Let them be. Let them enjoy the fruit of their purchase. At least they'll transform some unfortunate soul who would have been trekking thousands of miles by employing him as a gateman or cleaner.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by hegelian: 7:36am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:
I just a read a highly revealing scholarly article on the causes of the herdsmen crisis in Nigeria.

The main reason given of course was climate change causing accelerated desertification of the Sahara, and forcing herdsmen ever southwards for greener pastures to graze their cattle.

The 2ND reason given was the heightened migration of 'southern Nigerians' up to the north, causing pressure on land resources and land availability, and forcing herdsmen to migrate southwards.

These ''southern Nigerians'' buy up hectares of land and build houses and estates aplenty, plus numerous business premises, factories etc.

Now of course we know who these ''southern Nigerians'' are, even if the author was far too polite to mention their ethnicity outright.

Perhaps it's time to implore those ''southern Nigerians'' to head back home and free up the land for its original inhabitants, to help ease the herdsman crisis?

ofcourse you are the layman here with lack of depth but quick to abuse and insult...southerners settle in the urban while heardmen herd in the forest/bush...abi sabo gari is now herdsmen territory...you are too shallow most times but claim pseudo brain with your bog mouth abusing everyone that tries to show your foolishness...am sure even your fellow will be so ashamed of you

3 Likes

Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by PAWG(m): 7:48am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:
I just a read a highly revealing scholarly article on the causes of the herdsmen crisis in Nigeria.

The main reason given of course was climate change causing accelerated desertification of the Sahara, and forcing herdsmen ever southwards for greener pastures to graze their cattle.

The 2ND reason given was the heightened migration of 'southern Nigerians' up to the north, causing pressure on land resources and land availability, and forcing herdsmen to migrate southwards.

These ''southern Nigerians'' buy up hectares of land and build houses and estates aplenty, plus numerous business premises, factories etc.

Now of course we know who these ''southern Nigerians'' are, even if the author was far too polite to mention their ethnicity outright.

Perhaps it's time to implore those ''southern Nigerians'' to head back home and free up the land for its original inhabitants, to help ease the herdsman crisis?

You’re confused. I’m against the break up of the country but were those lands acquired for free?

Open grazing is outdated, let them buy or rent land in the south for ranches, and not grab it for free to build settlements
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Supan(m): 7:55am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

Yes ooo, the northerners should also leave their positions in the NNPC, Customs, Immigration offices, NPA etc. Their presence is causing huge unemployment to the southerners.

Dangote should leave that refinery that he built on our land which he also took by force too.

All his trucks are taking people's driving business and wounding road users badly.

All the Navy in the sea, should go back to their desert.

The cows sellers too, they are competing with chicken, fish and pig sellers.

So many things ooo

Pls when is this movement starting? I will personally donate free 100 trucks to carry your your lepers and beggars too, they are collecting too much money from us.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Asgard73: 8:09am On Jul 16, 2021
CilicMarin:

lalasticlala Mynd44 rule 2

That’s not rule 2..
Because I said “making” ......is a continuous sentence .. I did not call him a fool.

Beside why don’t you call mods on your Apc urchins insulting humans daily on Nairaland..

Bro wake .. don’t bring Buhari dictorial tendency to Nairaland .

And learn how to comprehend ..
Learn Ngene..

Will continue de marketing Apc ..
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by jneutron4000: 8:09am On Jul 16, 2021
Igbos and Fulanis are the major problem of Nigeria, those two ethnic groups do not stay in their region, they are the only two ethnic groups you will find all across Nigeria.
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by BeardedMeat(m): 8:13am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

Not if you conduct research like I do.

You are 'misinformed' only when you rely on street gossip, beer parlour analyses, and Nairaland tomfoolery by nincompoops and feckless malcontents.
You described yourself in one sentence.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Dpharisee: 8:18am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

The little land that is NOT parched and dried is being taken over by monied ''southern Nigerians'' who build estates, houses and factories there, causing pressure on land availaibility and causing herdsmen to head southwards.

Netherlands is not bigger than Borno state, meanwhile we get most of our milk from them. Israel has more cattle than Nigeria and it's not up to the size of Niger state.
Qatar has skyscrapers, cattle, sheep and camel more than Nigeria and it's a desert region and also Muslim majority that will be hosting the next world cup.
Nomadic education should have exposed the people to modern ways of life but that failed because the elites want to consume the national resources alone

3 Likes

Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Iykopee(m): 8:19am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

We don't need the gods to inform us about the low life behind this foolish write up grin

1 Like

Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by 7lives: 8:20am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

What do you mean ''the north have sea of lands''?

If so, why are the herdsmen migrating southwards in search of grazing land?

The North through the years of military dictatorship and aimless 16 years of PDP has not manage their environment.
Desertification don finish the extreme north period.
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by starstaz(m): 8:24am On Jul 16, 2021
Radarada!!!!
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by BeardedMeat(m): 8:25am On Jul 16, 2021
jneutron4000:
Igbos and Fulanis are the major problem of Nigeria, those two ethnic groups do not stay in their region, they are the only two ethnic groups you will find all across Nigeria.
Another one..
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by durangokid: 8:28am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

The little land that is NOT parched and dried is being taken over by monied ''southern Nigerians'' who build estates, houses and factories there, causing pressure on land availaibility and causing herdsmen to head southwards.

b Your problem is greediness, and envy,don't ever think you people can blackmail the ighos again with treat or loot their property Hausa Fulani have property too to loot and destroy
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Kondomatic(m): 8:35am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

This debate is not for illiterates.

You need to get your people back home to the East.

What are you doing in northern Nigeria in your millions?

Of course there's pressure on the land.

You need to go home.
If you like make money spend 100 years in fine apartment for US, once he's brought back, his eyes go still dey search for tree to climb.

No matter how hard you people try to conceal your motives with a supposedly topic for intellectuals, you will still expose yourselves in the comments.

The hatred is that much.

Forget all these rubbish you wrote, this here is your real intent. It has always been.
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Jakumo(m): 8:42am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

[b]Perhaps it's time to implore those ''southern Nigerians'' to head back home and free up the land for its original inhabitants, to help ease the herdsman crisis?

Landowners of southern Nigerian ancestry who own acreage in the desolate barren landscape of fundamentalist bandit country comprising the nation's desertified northern reaches, would probably be delighted to SELL their real estate acquisitions of land and buildings located in such backward regions of the country at prevailing market prices.

The fascinating suggestion bolded in the quote above, that Igbo real estate owners in northern Nigeria should be commanded by presumed fatwa to "free up the land for its original inhabitants", has the comical tone of an intended land-grab without compensation to the legal owners of such land AND buildings therein. Such conceited ululations of buffoonery are certainly entertaining pantomime to behold, though utterly irrelevant, wacky, and absurdly nonsensical in the grand scheme of things.

Such forcible and patently illegal land grabs will never work in ANY part of Nigeria, especially in the current era when the nation's southern state governors have issued marching orders to invading terrorist cow herders to kindly take their diseased crop-destroying cattle herds, and phuck off BACK to THEIR ancestral homelands in Northern Nigeria's sandy wastelands.

Have a fabulous day, Mr. Cattle Owner, and thanks for your idiotic suggestion which will be assigned all the attention it deserves in the forgotten dustbin of history.

5 Likes

Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by KosiGee(m): 8:49am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

What do you mean ''the north have sea of lands''?

If so, why are the herdsmen migrating southwards in search of grazing land?

Oga Rossiki...you are very educated individual but your input here is a bit suspicious. Except you are trolling, I don’t believe that you share the views or the ‘reports’ of the ‘expert’.

What fraction of the land space have been taken by the southerners.
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by ClassicMan202(m): 9:00am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

We are discussing expert analyses here, not the rantings of laymen.

Which f*olish expert analysis?

Have you even seen the map of Nigeria?
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by 9japride(m): 9:24am On Jul 16, 2021
Nairaland is becoming a dumping ground for post that lack logic. Most OP just post stuffs for trolling purposes. While drinking zobo reading people's reactions. A lot of post on nairaland are meant to keep youths busy arguing aimlessly, while the politicians are looting and making wicked laws. It's time I take a break from nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Collyweed: 9:25am On Jul 16, 2021
This OP’s Mumuness dey shame other dullards.

None of his fellow zombies dey even follow comment on his numerous brain farts masquerading as political commentary.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Supan(m): 9:28am On Jul 16, 2021
ObadiahMal:

Let me make some revelations because some of us also have our own intelligence networks. I have met with some of the bandits, we have met with some of their high commanders. One or two who have repented. They have sat down with us, not once, not twice.

They told us that one of the northern governors is the commander of Boko Haram in Nigeria. Boko Haram and the Bandits are one and the same thing. They have a sophisticated network. during this lockdown their Planes were moving up and down as though there was no lock down. Moving ammunition, money, logistics and distributing them in different part of the country. They are already in the south. In the rain forest of the south. They are everywhere. They told us that when they finish this rural killings, they will move to phase 2.

In the Phase 2, they will go into the urban cities, going from house to house killing prominent people. I can tell you, this is the game plan. By 2022, they want to start a civil war in Nigeria. Don't joke with what I am saying you. I have a PHD from Oxford university. I am a central banker, we don't talk nonsense. So don't joke with what I am telling you. --- Obadiah Mailafia
Read this
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by History555: 9:45am On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

It's better to be quite and be considered wise than open ya mouth and remove all doubts dat u are a fool

1 Like

Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Gireiboy(m): 9:55am On Jul 16, 2021
7lives:

The North through the years of military dictatorship and aimless 16 years of PDP has not manage their environment.
Desertification don finish the extreme north period.
Obasanjo and GEJ are northerners abi!
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Malawian(m): 11:07am On Jul 16, 2021
Esseite:
What kind of angle is this.. have you not heard Niger state is bigger than the whole of SE as claimed by the Northerners... so how does land scarcity come in?
It's is nonsense for someone who have never lived in the North. Just going from Kaduna to Markurdi using the old road, you will transverse more than 3 hours of wilderness at top speed. I mean, you won't even see any hut, let alone house anywhere there, just virgin lands they know not what to do with.
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Josbreed: 12:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

Have you ever been to the North? I have traveled to all states of the North except Kebbi and Jigawa. The North has massive upon massive land mass that are not in use for anything. The "southerners" you are talking about cannot buy 0.00000001% of these land mass. Even if that have gazillion dollars, it won't be sold to them. So, all these "professional" analysis of your is balderdash. Capisce?
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Fejoku: 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2021
I'm glad the op brought this angle up to buttress their evil agenda but trust me to demolish them.
Firstly, let us assume Igbos truly occupied the vegetative part of fulani controlled areas. We all agree that they duly paid for such occupation and they built it up by themselves to render services to everyone. That should be commended. Compare that to your brothers who neither buy nor lease lands. They don't build up the areas they occupy for free and most times leave them in stinky conditions. The level of filth such places generate is an eyesore. No one will wish to have such people around whether as tenants or freebie occupiers.
Going to the issue of them occupying the very lands that herdsmen would want to use for grazing, we all that's a blatant lie. The vast areas of vegetative land lying fellow currently is bigger than some countries. Why can't your herdsmen go to such places in the NW to graze? Niger state alone is bigger than the 5 SE states put together so you have no excuse. There are still about 11 more fulani friendly states for their use to graze cattle.
If for any reason you insist on using those specific lands occupied by southerners living in the north, there's no problem as long as you can pay them off their investments on such lands. Thereafter, we can divide Nigeria so everybody can maintain his/her lane. There's no need for any violence in such situations except of course we know that you have ulterior motive which is not based on peaceful resolution.
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by Fejoku: 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2021
Do you guys know one of the major cause of desertification? Do you know that Sahara desert was once a forested region? Is it by coincidence that the cradle of humanity is said to be around the Mediterranean area and these area is today a desert area? What occupation are most tribes from there known for? Pastorialism. The area from the middle East down to the desert is dominated by nomadic people who overgrazed the land without catering for it. This is how they've destroyed the core north and want to extend the same damage down South. Open grazing is a criminal offence and an enemy of the environment. If allowed down South, soon our land will be turned to desert. It must be stopped by any means.
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by FakeUnity: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:
[s]I just a read a highly revealing scholarly article on the causes of the herdsmen crisis in Nigeria.

[/s]

Abokey rubbish. Lalasticlala abeg yank off this thrash.
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by SenatePresdo(m): 2:41pm On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

This argument, or should I say your assertion is lame.

You used your hand to confirm that Southerners bought the land in which they occupies in the North, and you also did not mention that they trespass and abuse the lands they didn't buy.

Which means, they are minding the land they bought with their hard earned money.

How can you equate to what Fulani herders are doing down south?

Fulanis invades people's Farmland, destroys crops and violently challenges anybody that dares to confront them. Land they didn't buy for that matter?

And secondly, Southerners didn't ask herders to leave the South. We simply told them that we won't condone open grazing.

If you are logical, common sense would tell you that the best way for the herders to counter the South, is to buy lands like the Southern counterparts does in the North.

In that land they bought, they can rare their cows anyhow they want it, because the land is Their Territory. If they want 50 hectares of land in the South, they should price it and buy it, instead of trespassing into people's land.. who does that?

Do Southerners living in the North enter people's land and start doing business or Building houses their without paying for it?

It perplexes me how all the Northerners Chooses to be foolish at the same time.

#spits
Re: Mass Igbo Settlement Up North Is A Major Cause Of Herdsmen Coming South by SenatePresdo(m): 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
Rossinkipp:

We are discussing expert analyses here, not the rantings of laymen.

If anybody is the layman here, then it's you!

In your warped mind, you believe that the reason Herdsmen are having grazing issues, is because Southerners living in the North are taking up space the Herdsmen could be grazing on? Oh God!

Do you even know the ratio of urban settlements to Forests? Forests are 80% bigger than settlements in the North.

Have they grazed all the Forest, that it remains only the portion of land Southerners are living on?
So the Estates the Southerners built in the North is the reason why herders are no longer finding grazing sites in the North?

You mean, the little estates have covered all the grazing sites?

You are mad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu State Govt Hands Over Two Mosque To Enugu Indigeneous Muslims / Why Is There No Sit-At-Home In The South East Today As Ordered By IPOB Talibans? / Nnamdi Kanu: Malami Is The Most Confused AGF Nigeria Has Ever Had - Wabara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.