Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Estimated Billings By DISCOS In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Estimated Billings By DISCOS In Nigeria. (388 Views)

Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here / NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Estimated Billings By DISCOS In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 16, 2021
ESTIMATED BILLINGS BY DISCOS IN NIGERIA

I write to suggest that everyone who can mount a sustained campaign against DISCOS (Electricity Distribution companies) in Nigeria that have continued to terribly oppress, extort and carry out day light robbery and abuse of human rights of Nigerian citizens for over 40 years now.

# END ESTIMATED BILLINGS: # END DAYLIGHT ROBBERY BY DISCOS

DISCOS may give you light for 5 days in a month and in their imagination give you an estimated bill equivalent to someone who has used 24 hours constant light for three months: Hence most estimated billings are up to or more than the monthly property rent paid by the consumers.Yet they are expected to pay the whole estimated bill monthly.OUTRIGHT COOPERATE DAYLIGHT ROBBERY.

SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE INDUSTRIES ARE THE WORST EXPLOITED AS THEY ARE BILLED ESTIMATED BILLINGS FROM HUNDREDS OF NAIRA TO MILLIONS OF NAIRA EACH MONTH ALL IN THE NAME OF BEING INDUSTRIES.

Consumers are denied their right to use and pay appropriate bills for power consumed.

Over ten years ago , the DISCOS were granted license to operate on the premises that they would totally install free of charge pre-paid meters to all their consumers and eliminate estimated billings or loose their license.They failed to meet these requirements and yet are still in operation.

Regards,

Francis Obinna Okoye FIMC FIMS
International Member Amnesty International for Africa Region.
Re: Estimated Billings By DISCOS In Nigeria. by rottennaija(m): 9:19am On Jul 16, 2021
I am thinking of a nationwide protest to this effect. They should allow us get prepared meters without passing through the discos. These meters can be ordered from Alibaba or aliexpress

5 Likes

Re: Estimated Billings By DISCOS In Nigeria. by juvewalex(m): 10:07am On Jul 16, 2021
We have been asking government to take effective actions over this fraud called estimated billing but nothing in Nigeria is ever done right to affect our lives positively.

They will rather milk us dry while still securing huge loans to squander as well.

NO good roads
No good health services
No stable electricity supply
No maximum security ,etc

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billings By DISCOS In Nigeria. by CodeTemplar: 11:14am On Jul 16, 2021
We could try that. Let the prepaid meter be decentralized and let people buy from any vendor. Just like handset and sim cards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Estimated Billings By DISCOS In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 16, 2021
CodeTemplar:
We could try that. Let the prepaid meter be decentralized and let people buy from any vendor. Just like handset and sim cards.
I'm so glad I got this prepaid years ago. When I didn't have a prepaid, I was paying 17k every month, when I got a prepaid I dey use 15k for 4 to 5 month.

Estimated billing is a big scam, the DISCOS haven't done must have the things the FG asked them they do. Wetin I no com understand his why GMB can't just kick out this DiSCOS for a breach of contract.

I don't understand why Labour have not called for a Nation wide lockdown and protest cause of this power issue.

I hardly see light for more than 5hrs daily. This is nothing but pure madness.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billings By DISCOS In Nigeria. by rottennaija(m): 8:10am On Jul 18, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Exactly
Re: Estimated Billings By DISCOS In Nigeria. by rottennaija(m): 8:13am On Jul 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I'm so glad I got this prepaid years ago. When I didn't have a prepaid, I was paying 17k every month, when I got a prepaid I dey use 15k for 4 to 5 month.

Estimated billing is a big scam, the DISCOS haven't done must have the things the FG asked them they do. Wetin I no com understand his why GMB can't just kick out this DiSCOS for a breach of contract.

I don't understand why Labour have not called for a Nation wide lockdown and protest cause of this power issue.

The govt can try the bolded, but it would backfire. It would lead to series of law suite that can ground everything. It's like dstv. They were given so much power that without waiting for the contract to expire, you cannot really do much
Re: Estimated Billings By DISCOS In Nigeria. by Ovamboland(m): 8:35am On Jul 18, 2021
juvewalex:
We have been asking government to take effective actions over this fraud called estimated billing but nothing in Nigeria is ever done right to affect our lives positively.

They will rather milk us dry while still securing huge loans to squander as well.

NO good roads
No good health services
No stable electricity supply
No maximum security ,etc

The best way is a mass action of electricity consumers to suspend their account with the discos so that they can no longer bring bills until they install prepaid meters.

Within 3 months they will distribute meters free of charge.

As long as they supply small power and bring big estimated bills the scam will not end
Re: Estimated Billings By DISCOS In Nigeria. by Ovamboland(m): 8:36am On Jul 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

Paying for what you consume is the beginning of reform in the power sector

(1) (Reply)

Residents Of Ondo, Ekiti Protest Abandoned N22bn Akure/ Ado-ekiti Dualisation / Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila Pays Salah Homage To PMB In Daura / The Famine Of Samaria: Nigeria's Gradual Descent Into Cannibalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.