Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,775 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Online Loan Scammers And Their Tricks You Should Know - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Online Loan Scammers And Their Tricks You Should Know (1249 Views)

Online Loan Firm Tracks Down And Arrests Client Who Failed To Repay Money / Online Loan Wahala-Dont Commit Suicide.Do this If You Can't Repay Defaulted Loan / New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Loan Scammers And Their Tricks You Should Know by teachinghope: 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2021
While many mobile/online loan Apps currently accessible to Nigerians from google play store are useful and genuine, there are some that are scam and fraudulent in that same play store. Therefore it is always advisable to be careful while providing your bank or card details to these Apps as most of them use your details for fraud. My experience with NairaWay loan app was a great mistake. It is very sad that someone will sit down and develop an app just to defraud others, They advertised for an online loan through their App Nairaway on google play store and requested for card details, of which i provided mine but instead of crediting my account with the loan amount, they started deducting money from my bank account without my notice using the card details I provided.They first deducted N50 card verification fee, then security deposit of N5,088 and promised to process and pay in the loan amount into my bank account between 2 to 7 days, while i was waiting for their loan payment, I got another unauthorized debit alert of N5,379 on my bank account by them. I sent them a message via the feedback link on their app for an explanation but they didn't reply, so i alerted my bank and they asked me to hotlist my card. Till date they have never replied my messages, contacted me or credited my account with anything.
Please I want to notify people that this App Nairaway is a scam and their procedure tricky, people should avoid this App NairaWay while online. I am doing my best to track those behind this App and to have them investigated and prosecuted while also informing innocent Nigerians so they can stay away from being defruaded. This is also a warning to all Nigerians to be careful with online loan apps. Please anyone with experience or useful information about Naira Way online loan App or loan company should share to prevent more people from falling victims of their online scam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Loan Scammers And Their Tricks You Should Know by TUANKU(m): 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
Report the app on play store.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Loan Scammers And Their Tricks You Should Know by illicit(m): 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2021
Na naira way be dat lol
Re: Online Loan Scammers And Their Tricks You Should Know by EyeTaspirant(m): 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2021
In my opinion, when it becomes mandatory to supply sensitive information then look for another service provider.
Re: Online Loan Scammers And Their Tricks You Should Know by Elliot2(m): 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2021
teachinghope:
While many mobile/online loan Apps currently accessible to Nigerians from google play store are useful and genuine, there are some that are scam and fraudulent in that same play store. Therefore it is always advisable to be careful while providing your bank or card details to these Apps as most of them use your details for fraud. My experience with NairaWay loan app was a great mistake. It is very sad that someone will sit down and develop an app just to defraud others, They advertised for an online loan through their App Nairaway on google play store and requested for card details, of which i provided mine but instead of crediting my account with the loan amount, they started deducting money from my bank account without my notice using the card details I provided.They first deducted N50 card verification fee, then security deposit of N5,088 and promised to process and pay in the loan amount into my bank account between 2 to 7 days, while i was waiting for their loan payment, I got another unauthorized debit alert of N5,379 on my bank account by them. I sent them a message via the feedback link on their app for an explanation but they didn't reply, so i alerted my bank and they asked me to hotlist my card. Till date they have never replied my messages, contacted me or credited my account with anything.
Please I want to notify people that this App Nairaway is a scam and their procedure tricky, people should avoid this App NairaWay while online. I am doing my best to track those behind this App and to have them investigated and prosecuted while also informing innocent Nigerians so they can stay away from being defruaded. This is also a warning to all Nigerians to be careful with online loan apps. Please anyone with experience or useful information about Naira Way online loan App or loan company should share to prevent more people from falling victims of their online scam.
This is what happened to me, they wiped my account from around 2am to 6am. This had put me in great debt because I couldn't pay back the loans I took from other apps.
Re: Online Loan Scammers And Their Tricks You Should Know by Staccato001: 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2021
Elliot2:
This is what happened to me, they wiped my account from around 2am to 6am. This had put me in great debt because I couldn't pay back the loans I took from other apps.

This is terrible.

(1) (Reply)

Scammer Alert For Sportybet Account Holders / Lady Went To Her Former Husband’s House And Threw His 4-year-old Son Into A Well / Lagos Woman, Adijat Shina, Follows Babalawo's Advise, Throws Child Into Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.