Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) (68429 Views)

Lagosians Rush To Board Lagos Blue Line Rail Train In Marina (Video) / Diesel Truck Catches Fire At Marina, Lagos (Video) / Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by lexy2014: 8:32pm On Jul 16, 2021
LagosInter:
Nawao

Lagos is a slum.

They should decentralize some things like shipping to reduce population of that place.

People will still pay millions for rent.

I pity benz drivers oo.

Make your steering no touch water o

Are u sure u are commenting on d issue of flood in d pix or something else?

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by lexy2014: 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
Edusouls:
The most useless city in the whole of Nigeria, glorified urban jungle, see the disastrous environment they live in, tomorrow u see people flocking aimlessly to Lagos, suffering like Jackie..

How's what u see in d pix a "disastrous environment"?

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by lexy2014: 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2021
Evolutionlove:

Spot On....I've addressed this a thousand times. Lagos Is an extremely depressing place for any SANE HUMAN BEING to live. The worst and dirtiest place In the world. You've mentioned the people who love residing there In your post, It's meant for "MAD PEOPLE" Most times I'm always Indoors. There Is no amount of wealth that can make me happy living In Lagos, Not even Banana Island....

What has this got to do with d picture and d flood?
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by drololaaof: 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2021
They have just started seeing flood . They sand filled bar beach and other areas around Lagos island\ Ikoyi\ Victoria island , trouble they sleep yanga go wake am up.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Fek1(m): 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2021
To all our leaders, this country should be shaped to the best. Let sit down and plan how this country will be okay, this is ordinary rain, I everything is set this will never occured.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2021
Starzo:

pls enlighten me more on this
Germany car spoil instantly when water came in contact with them especially benz,that why u can't wash their engine with water,but u can wash japan engines with water.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by ofiko123(m): 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2021
May God help all and sundry..
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Emmhychidi(m): 9:32pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:
Lagos is the dirtiest, overrated, frustrating, suffocating, shiitiest, over populated, filthiest, disorganized, irritating and over hyped state in the world.

The presence of celebrities is the only thing differentiating Lagos from Abia and Ekiti state.

A ground for thuggery, traffic, depression, crimes, fake lives, bleaching, oloshoism, infections and all manner of fvckery.

Any honest Lagosian will agree with me.

If you ever leave Lagos to Abuja, Port harcourt or Kano, you’ll understand me better. To even think this is happening to the overrated Lekki makes it more funny.

Tueh!! angry

Olodo even England last week got flooded under 1 hour rain ooo... Dey there dey talk like mumu...

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by karnap(m): 9:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
Candidlady:
Overated state

They should please convert the whole Lagos to a beach

So we can go there to have a nice time...

The so called Lagos that won't let one hear word
Lagos won't be your state mate for anything, floods happens in any place in the world .

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Daniel058(m): 9:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
November24:

You mean 419 people ba
Abakaliki peoples are not . Are you one of the 419 peoples? cry
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by shameonyou(m): 9:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:
Lagos is the dirtiest, overrated, frustrating, suffocating, shiitiest, over populated, filthiest, disorganized, irritating and over hyped state in the world.

The presence of celebrities is the only thing differentiating Lagos from Abia and Ekiti state.

A ground for thuggery, traffic, depression, crimes, fake lives, bleaching, oloshoism, infections and all manner of fvckery.

If you ever leave Lagos to Abuja, Port harcourt or Kano, you’ll understand me better. To even think this is happening to the overrated Lekki makes it more funny.

Tueh!! angry

E CHOKE u o...eko o ni baje.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Daniel058(m): 9:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

See the name naa, why e no go strong

grin
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Starzo: 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2021
dancok:
Germany car spoil instantly when water came in contact with them especially benz,that why u can't wash their engine with water,but u can wash japan engines with water.
tanx...but y naija boys come still dey die follow benz...nawa o
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Gfskw: 9:56pm On Jul 16, 2021
Everywhere
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Peppysco: 10:04pm On Jul 16, 2021
Candidlady:

Don't wanna get banned again so I'd just say...

Go swim kiddoo enough water is on ground ...

The fact that you were banned before means that you were either rude, incentive or just being a dud on the platform. To school you, go watch or read the news about the damaging effects of flood in those Western countries I mentioned. Germany, Belgium, UK, and even some states in America are experiencing far greater worse flooding issues right now and you want to pretend to be blind and daft that the one here is a major case,you must be high on brownies. Go check up the number of deaths and displaced people in those countries before you ever think of quoting me again. By the way, I am not your mate

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by sunto: 11:10pm On Jul 16, 2021
Evolutionlove:

Spot On....I've addressed this a thousand times. Lagos Is an extremely depressing place for any SANE HUMAN BEING to live. The worst and dirtiest place In the world. You've mentioned the people who love residing there In your post, It's meant for "MAD PEOPLE" Most times I'm always Indoors. There Is no amount of wealth that can make me happy living In Lagos, Not even Banana Island....

You mean lagos is more dirty than Abia and Anabra, let me go and check gunine book of records if their update,

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Origin(f): 11:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
Those drains are blocked.

Residents have been showing concern for the drainage in recent times ......

Considering that is a CBD sue for the cost of new cars so the executives can do their jobs.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by kkins25(m): 1:18am On Jul 17, 2021
IMAliyu:

I know. The fear of radiation catch my body watching that.

But ironically nuclear is still one of the cleanest and safest from of power.
And newer generation designs for nuclear power plants makes anything close to the Chernobyl disaster practically impossible. However I will never trust my country men to handle this kind of thing.
Yeah, definitely.
Even some doctors self i no dey trust.. LOL.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by MummyD2020(f): 1:21am On Jul 17, 2021
Candidlady:
Overated state

Lagos is just like an island. Cut it some slack.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Bifwoli: 1:35am On Jul 17, 2021
donstan18:

Tueh!! angry

Wow , you make it sound very depressing and uninviting for us as foreigners who might want to visit and see Lagos someday.Now ,i'll set my tourism sights on Abidjan or Dakar Senegal.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 17, 2021
its funny how so many of you that know nothing about Global warming would come here and say rubbish about Lagos state. You can watch Your fav International news Channel and you would see for your self that even advance countries like UK and USA are also suffering from this same heavy rain Fall and flooding too its funny how so many of you would just have prejudice for a state you know nothing about hate it or love it, it would still remain a fact that Nigeria without Lagos would be equivalent to Uganda or Sudan.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Bifwoli: 1:44am On Jul 17, 2021
Evolutionlove:

What about filthy crowded Dhaka in Bangladesh or Mumbai in India are they not in the same league or even worse than Lagos ?
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by eastOFwest(m): 4:13am On Jul 17, 2021
BSsniffer:

Not our fault that your region is an erosion landlocked region.

And PH, Warri, Calabar etc in SS are landlocked erosion regions too? You nor try at all. You for just jump pass my comment.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by thunderbabs: 5:11am On Jul 17, 2021
Lagos, na wa
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Emeka71(m): 5:17am On Jul 17, 2021
chypatobi:
swimming things o..
Yes o.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by GNBohr: 7:48am On Jul 17, 2021
donstan18:

Tueh!! angry

Ode ni e. Fool indeed. This is a flood problem and it happens all over the world when it rains much higher than daily average. Flood killed over 80 people in Germany during the week. Britain suffered a lot from flooding in recent days. Many states in US experience flooding. What's in Abuja beside empty wide roads without pipe borne water. How many people even dey live for the main Abuja metropolis. Abuja is the real overated city in Nigeria.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Drizzy5001(m): 7:50am On Jul 17, 2021
Mechanics go cash out this period especially in Lagos grin
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Reeberry: 8:32am On Jul 17, 2021
Candidlady:
Overated state

donstan18:

Tueh!! angry

You people should be making use of your brains. This happens all over the world. Even the recent one in Germany can't make you make use of your brain. You forgot
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 17, 2021
Edo no be Lagos.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by lexy2014: 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2021
drololaaof:
They have just started seeing flood . They sand filled bar beach and other areas around Lagos island\ Ikoyi\ Victoria island , trouble they sleep yanga go wake am up.

Then u didn't u look at d pictures properly before commenting. D picture was taken at marina which isn't d same as VI and Ikoyi that u mentioned. Pls when did they sandfill Lagos island?

The flooded areas are parking spaces. D parking spaces are fenced which is d reason for d flooding. D rain fell continuously for 4 straight hours& because d parking lots are fenced, they quickly collected water like a bucket. Every other area in marina wasn't flooded. If u heard any such news, pls share.

By d way, UK and Germany that didn't sandfill experienced more severe flooding than Lagos that led to loss of lives

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) / Five Parrots Removed From Public View For Swearing At Visitors In UK (Photos) / 10 Cities In Nigeria Where Pidgin English Is Most Spoken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.