Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) (68476 Views)

Lagosians Rush To Board Lagos Blue Line Rail Train In Marina (Video) / Diesel Truck Catches Fire At Marina, Lagos (Video) / Heavy Flooding In Benin City, What's The Situation In Your City? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by morley411(m): 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2021
Candidlady:
Overated state

They should please convert the whole Lagos to a beach

So we can go there to have a nice time...

The so called Lagos that won't let one hear word
what is this one saying

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:
Lagos is the dirtiest, overrated, frustrating, suffocating, shiitiest, over populated, filthiest, disorganized, irritating and over hyped state in the world.

The presence of celebrities is the only thing differentiating Lagos from Abia and Ekiti state.

A ground for thuggery, traffic, depression, crimes, fake lives, bleaching, oloshoism, infections and all manner of fvckery.

Any honest Lagosian will agree with me.

If you ever leave Lagos to Abuja, Port harcourt or Kano, you’ll understand me better. To even think this is happening to the overrated Lekki makes it more funny.

Tueh!! angry

Lagos is very dirty, I agree with you but obviously we are all to be blamed.

If you are part of those who drop the tiniest, very tiniest of dirt like a cotton bud on the ground, litter the road with your bottles, food plastic, rolls etc then you’d be an hypocrite to complain about a populated state as Lagos being dirty when you are a sole contributor to the filthiness around you.

5 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by ikorodureporta: 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2021
aryzgreat:
The annoying thing is that the flood sef Na shit water from all those Lagos Island dilapidated structures without toilet. They channel their waste water into lagoon.

If you ever trekked past Carter bridge or along Marina, the kind stomach tumbling odour emanating from the water is something else.

That's why fish dey survive na
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:
Lagos is the dirtiest, overrated, frustrating, suffocating, shiitiest, over populated, filthiest, disorganized, irritating and over hyped state in the world.

The presence of celebrities is the only thing differentiating Lagos from Abia and Ekiti state.

A ground for thuggery, traffic, depression, crimes, fake lives, bleaching, oloshoism, infections and all manner of fvckery.

If you ever leave Lagos to Abuja, Port harcourt or Kano, you’ll understand me better. To even think this is happening to the overrated Lekki makes it more funny.

Tueh!! angry

When they reported GERMANY,Belgium,London and most of western Europe submerged did you express your frustration? iF YOU LIKE GO AND JUMP INTO THE LAGOON,LAGOS is NOT a noman's place.

5 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Emir01: 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
People should stop dumping of refuges anyhow it's more than construction of drainage alone. Flood is real and is biting harder even in developed world.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by mrkings84(m): 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:

Tueh!! angry

Bro take it easy. These are natural disasters. It's global. Just yesterday we saw those of Germany, America and some other western countries.

But seems ur car was also submerged the way u are sounding too bitter
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2021
Larryhoover:
Wahala...

Lagos is just synonymous to stress. Flood, traffic, Lastma, Police, Agbero, Task force, KAI all in one city and yet the problems still persists.
Walaihi
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by sonofElElyon: 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
Candidlady:
Overated state

You don't need to come to have a nice time.. leave our Lagos for us..

p.s. even Europe has flooding issues.. several people just died in Germany due to flooding... Of course all efforts must be made to find a solution... However the truth is that flooding is a natural disaster in both developed and underdeveloped countries

5 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by jrjfjfj: 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
Candidlady:

Sophisticated what...

No wonder they moved the capital outta the slum
Are you mad ?Did we Yorubas force anyone to come to lagos in the first place .You guys should stay in your well rated state and leave lagos for we Yorubas .There had been Flood in Uk,Belgium and Germany ,which are life consuming ,but u guys saw heaven there but you will call our homeland a Slum ,You must be crazy

4 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Oracleforce: 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
Candidlady:
Overated state

I can trace some atom of jealousy in your comment...probably, you have gotten the opportunity to live your life in Lagos state....god will do it for you...you will not die in the village...and God will open your eyes to see reasons people from your region and across the globe come and spend the Dest of their lives In Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by olympianares: 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2021
illicit:
Cars can drown
I tire oooh my brother..car they breath na(according to op)

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by naijaebay: 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2021
"Heavy Flooding In Marina, Lagos.Vehicles submerged (Picture)

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by jrjfjfj: 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
People calling lagos a slum must be mad.Did we Yorubas force anyone to come to lagos in the first place .You guys should stay in your well rated state and leave lagos for we Yorubas .There had been Flood in Uk,Belgium and Germany ,which are life consuming ,but u guys saw heaven there but you will call our homeland a Slum ,You must be crazy

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by CoolJul: 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
Candidlady:
Overated state

Mumu talk. So the global warming nor reach ur side n who says it won't reach there. So the flooding is now 'the lagos thing' while the one of Germany is the real climate change. use ur brain biko.

4 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by tunapawizzy: 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2021
Where water suppose dey pass, una godfather dun allocate to him thugs, they have built structures everywhere.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by GABRIEL6036: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:

Tueh!! angry

You are absolutely murdafucking lickmyass right.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Tonniex: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
post=103774206:
This is seriously serious!
Welcome to Lagos : A state of Firsts in everything. Even in flooding!
Even first in covid19 update cases
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Dsprave: 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:

Tueh!! angry

You’ve been there.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Heybeejay91: 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
Marina is a coastal area, and that flooding can also be caused by sea-level rise. What do you have to say to developed countries like Germany that also experience flooding? Will you also say they lack a proper drainage system.
GboyegaD:

Don't let's lie on climate change. This is a result of bad habits and unplanned drainage system.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by frozen70(f): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:

Tueh!! angry

All what you have mentioned are what makes it Lagos State

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by ComeToJesus: 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2021
SeunOshewaWife:
Eko for show. cheesy

Lagos is just overrated, abeg. Just 2 hours of rain and everywhere is looking like River Mississippi.

Six hours rain
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by FuckOsuPigs: 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
Candidlady:
Overated state

This happens even in UK and US. You've got no point.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by youngmoney4me(m): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2021
So serious
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by bayelsaowei(m): 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:

Tueh!! angry

I kinda agree with you
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by Teejay13(m): 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2021
Water has pass garri!

If you have lived in Lagos before now, you must have grabed your own copy of their way of life.

Lagos is a no mans land and expect to see anything happen.

For me sha, am not surprised
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by lexy2014: 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2021
lalasticlala:
Heavy Flooding in Marina, Lagos Drowns Cars.

https://twitter.com/RealOlaudah/status/1416035041734500352

From d pictures, it's d parking spaces that are flooded and not d whole of marina. I guess it's because they are enclosed spaces with drains not adequate for d amount of rain that fell

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by lexy2014: 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2021
otokx:
The disadvantage of having property near the coast line.

It has nothing to do with being by d coast line
Re: Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) by OpaPass(m): 5:56pm On Jul 16, 2021
donstan18:

You forget to mention the surest plug of survival

Tueh!! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) / Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) / Trailer Loses Brake In Imo, Crushes 20 Women To Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.