Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths (1964 Views)

Roman Catholic Is The Only One True Church, The Rest Are Ministry. / Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2021
Next I will write about the Angel Michael and Jesus in the light of all the scriptures relative to the subject matter.
I don't like quoting just one or two portions that support my claims without comparing and contrasting all possible portions available.
That's what its mean to "rightly dividing the word of truth"
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:58pm On Jul 17, 2021
PARACLETOS:

Do not continue to ridicule yourself for asking for the church of which I am a member. It shows that you never read through the article. I will advise you to go back and read then you will see your question answered.

My friend Christianity began in Jerusalem where the second covenant was established so any religion that picks it's tenets from what the Apostles in Jerusalem arranged surely started from JERUSALEM!
Stop wallowing in delusion! smiley
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

My friend Christianity began in Jerusalem where the second covenant was established so any religion that picks it's tenets from what the Apostles in Jerusalem arranged surely started from JERUSALEM!]
Stop wallowing in delusion! smiley

Sorry that's your opinion.... Back your statement up with scriptures.
For we are aware who and where and when ALL DENOMINATIONS STARTED!
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
God's word says the tenets for pure worship will surely be issued from Jerusalem:

In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it peoples will stream. And many nations will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah And to the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. He will render judgment among many peoples And set matters straight respecting mighty nations far away. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore. Micah 4:1-3

You only picked the colored and trashed the rest! cheesy

God's word mentioned the mountain of Jehovah (Pure Worship) it will be lifted up high above all the hills (false religions) PEOPLES and MANY NATIONS (plural indicates different races) will begin searching for the God of Jacob (using the words of the God of Israel as yardstick for righteousness) Laws will go out of Jerusalem (talking about the religion that will be established in Jerusalem which Jesus ordered his Apostles to stay until the city is encamped) Luke 21:20

Now after all of this God's Holy Spirit will take charge of affairs, then with the yardsticks or tenets that was issued out of Jerusalem all those peoples from different races will settle their racial disputes within them using God's word, they will agree among themselves on issues this cursing wars and troubles among the nation that's affecting all other religions, they will stop using all instruments of war, they will divert all their resources into production of food both physical and spiritual, they will not lift up weapons against one another neither will they learn war anymore!

All these you swept under the carpet because the one and only group having this qualities is JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
PARACLETOS:

Sorry that's your opinion.... Back your statement up with scriptures.
For we are aware who and where and when ALL DENOMINATIONS STARTED!

You don't understand simple and easy illustrations! smiley

My friend the gods of your forefathers had nothing to do with the Bible because they're the gods of your native land. So whatever makes you pick up the Bible and abandon those gods simply means your new found faith (religion) originates from where that book comes which is ~ JERUSALEM!

No wonder you people argue blindly! cheesy
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2021
When Jesus said:

“You are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when located on a mountain. People light a lamp and set it, not under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it shines on all those in the house. Likewise, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens" Matthew 5:14-16

He was referring to PURE WORSHIP that will be noticed throughout the whole world like the mountain that's far higher than all the hills due to the fact that it can't be HIDDEN!

I purposely mentioned the name of my religion "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" because i know that that's the one and only mountain that's far higher than all other hills and our doctrines can't just be confused for any other religion because it stands out.

Is that not why you can say so much about what you know every member of JW beleive no matter where he or she comes from?

But what about your own religion?
Of course you'll claim you belong to Jesus only for you and your fellow brethren to start arguing profusely among yourselves over what your TRINITY is and what it's not! cheesy
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2021
PARACLETOS:

This is the second time you have ran away from scriptural challenge.
THE WATCHTOWER WITNESSES ARE FALSE PROPHETS AND AGENTS OF ANTICHRIST AS FORETOLD IN THE SCRIPTURES.
Russell and Rutherford prophesied that the world would end in the year 1914, 1925, 2000..... Here we are in the world!
cheesy cheesy grin

I'm sorry if i've hurt you with the scriptural discussion. I don't like turning people's faces to sadness each time i found them joyful with their religion but you called for it with the colored saying i as in i MAXIMUS ran away from scriptural challenge!

Haba My guy no dey try that next time!

I belong to Christ's army so nobody not even your Daddy GOs can stand before us during scriptural debates {Isaiah 54:17} but we only try to avoid fruitless arguments since we can see that you're blissful with your credulous thoughts! undecided
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by maximunimpact(m): 5:18pm On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I'm sorry if i've hurt you with the scriptural discussion. I don't like turning people's faces to sadness each time i found them joyful with their religion but you called for it with the colored saying i as in i MAXIMUS ran away from scriptural challenge!

I belong to Christ's army so nobody not even your Daddy GOs can stand before us during scriptural debates {Isaiah 54:17} but we only try to avoid fruitless arguments since we can see that you're blissful with your credulous thoughts! undecided

Lols.. grin

Look who's talking about daddy GOs when he have 8-men-team Daddy GOs who declared themselves governing body, kettle calling pot black.

So this is where you are hiding after I chased you out from your own thread and coincidentally you are faced with almost same question I have been asking since.

Well, since you are now here let's continue here, there's no where you can hide on the Internet grin

Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2021
Keep asking! Matthew 7:7 smiley

maximunimpact:

Lols.. grin

So this is where you are hiding after I chased you out from your own thread and coincidentally you are faced with almost same question I have been asking since.

Well, since you are now here let's continue here, there's no where you can hide on the Internet grin
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by maximunimpact(m): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Keep asking! Matthew 7:7 smiley

In the absence of no answer, have you dropped your donations in the online offering box your Daddy GOs (governing body) set up to collect money? grin

Hop in here:

https://donate.jw.org/

They accept bitcoin and Mastercard
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
Of course my Master Card is still intact nah! cheesy

maximunimpact:

In the absence of no answer, have you dropped your donations in the online offering box your Daddy GOs (governing body) set up to collect money? grin

Hop in here:

https://donate.jw.org/

They accept bitcoin and Mastercard
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You don't understand simple and easy illustrations! smiley

My friend the gods of your forefathers had nothing to do with the Bible because they're the gods of your native land. So whatever makes you pick up the Bible and abandon those gods simply means your new found faith (religion) originates from where that book comes which is ~ JERUSALEM!

No wonder you people argue blindly! cheesy
A good Bible student does not argue with his opinion... He uses pages of the scriptures. That's what I expected.
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2021
maximunimpact:

Lols.. grin

Look who's talking about daddy GOs when he have 8-men-team Daddy GOs who declared themselves governing body, kettle calling pot black.

I don't belong to the group you have in mind. Surely you have once again shown that you did not read about the church of the Bible I posted. Please do well all of you to go read, so that you will know who I am very well.
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

In case you have forgotten. The first challenge was this....

PARACLETOS:

Have you finished studying MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE?
Perhaps we should start from there grin cheesy cheesy grin

MaxInDHouse:
I think you're the one having problems now o! undecided
I said "you have WON the arguments" just as you always wanted but i'll ever remain one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES until you PRESENT a better performing group than JWs! smiley

Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by maximunimpact(m): 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2021
PARACLETOS:

I don't belong to the group you have in mind. Surely you have once again shown that you did not read about the church of the Bible I posted. Please do well all of you to go read, so that you will know who I am very well.

I wasn't quoting you
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2021
PARACLETOS:

A good Bible student does not argue with his opinion... He uses pages of the scriptures. That's what I expected.

The Bible is God's word so when you want to challenge anyone it's not by quoting scriptures out of context but thorough explanation that will reach the heart of your audience!

I said when you decide to abandon the god of your ancestors and start worshiping another god that's not known by your forefathers then you can't say the origin of the god you chose is where you're living but the place where the name of that god is established!

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob established His name in Jerusalem, so whatever makes you abandon the god of your forefathers and begin adhering to what the God of Abraham says then the origin of your new found faith is Jerusalem not where you're staying. I know you can't beat this clear logical reasoning so stop arguing blindly! smiley
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
You don't even understand mere sarcasm! cheesy

So what's the topic of the debate you won? cheesy

PARACLETOS:

Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:17pm On Jul 17, 2021
Égúngún be careful na express you dey go! cheesy
maximunimpact:

I wasn't quoting you
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The Bible is God's word so when you want to challenge anyone it's not by quoting scriptures out of context but thorough explanation that will reach the heart of your audience!

I said when you decide to abandon the god of your ancestors and start worshiping another god that's not known by your forefathers then you can't say the origin of the god you chose is where you're living but the place where the name of that god is established!

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob established His name in Jerusalem, so whatever makes you abandon the god of your forefathers and begin adhering to what the God of Abraham says then the origin of your new found faith is Jerusalem not where you're staying. I know you can't beat this clear logical reasoning so stop arguing blindly! smiley
This quotation is in which portion of the scriptures? I have known the WatchTower witnesses to be a very good Bible quotation group of people. So I don't expect less from you.
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
PARACLETOS:

MaxInDHouse:
You don't even understand mere sarcasm! cheesy

So what's the topic of the debate you won? cheesy

Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by maximunimpact(m): 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Égúngún be careful na express you dey go! cheesy

Is that your final answer for the question grin grin

Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
PARACLETOS:

This quotation is in which portion of the scriptures? I have known the WatchTower witnesses to be a very good Bible quotation group of people. So I don't expect less from you.

Of course we usually quote the scriptures when necessary not just throwing pearls anyhow {Matthew 7:6} so if you won't reason logically then you're only looking for scripture to counter scripture, JWs don't engage in such fruitless arguments! 1Timothy 6:4; Titus 3:9

The Bible says:

And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. Micah 4:2

The word of the God you choose to worship (Bible) originates from Jerusalem so any group holding that book has their origin not from any part of the earth where their worship center is situated but from JERUSALEM the origin of that book!

Simple as ABC! smiley
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Titus. 1:9
holding fast the faithful word which is in accordance with the teaching, so that he will be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Of course we usually quote the scriptures when necessary not just throwing pearls anyhow {Matthew 7:6} so if you won't reason logically then you're only looking for scripture to counter scripture, JWs don't engage in such fruitless arguments! 1Timothy 6:4; Titus 3:9

The Bible says:

And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. Micah 4:2

The word of the God you choose to worship (Bible) originates from Jerusalem so any group holding that book has their origin not from any part of the earth where their worship center is situated but from JERUSALEM the origin of that book!

Simple as ABC! smiley

Not just anybody...

CHRIST THE ONLY FOUNDATION
(Isaiah 28:14-22; 1 Peter 2:4-12)

10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is

The foundation was laid in Jerusalem, if any man lay another and build, claiming to be the same, its a LIE!

1 Like

Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:43pm On Jul 17, 2021
PARACLETOS:

holding fast the faithful word which is in accordance with the teaching, so that he will be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict

That's the point of emphasis!

You ridicule God's word when you're saying what's not practical applicable anywhere, so if you can't bring out what is sound doctrine then you're just scrambling with the book in your hand!

Meanwhile know that God's word is sharp like two edge sword, it experts power (energy) that reaches the heart of the hearer making them to act wisely! Hebrews 4:12

But when you keep quoting the Bible without reaching the heart of people who can be seen as evidence of the power in what you're quoting then know that you're not doing anything worthwhile in other words you don't have a sound doctrine! undecided
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The Bible says:

Simple as ABC! smiley

the foundation was laid in 33 A. D.
WHEN WAS THE FOUNDATION OF THE WATCHTOWER WITNESSES LAID?
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That's the point of emphasis!

You ridicule God's word when you're saying what's not practical applicable anywhere, so if you can't bring out what is sound doctrine then you're just scrambling with the book in your hand!

Meanwhile know that God's word is sharp like two edge sword, it experts power (energy) that reaches the heart of the hearer making them to act wisely! Hebrews 4:12

But when you keep quoting the Bible without reaching the heart of people who can be seen as evidence of the power in what you're quoting then know that you're not doing anything worthwhile in other words you don't have a sound doctrine! undecided

PARACLETOS:

What about to refute those who preach another gospel"?
When you CONTRADICT THE GOSPEL you are to be REBUKED AND CORRECTED
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
God's word says the tenets for pure worship will surely be issued from Jerusalem:

In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it peoples will stream. And many nations will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah And to the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. He will render judgment among many peoples And set matters straight respecting mighty nations far away. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore. Micah 4:1-3

You only picked the colored and trashed the rest! cheesy

God's word mentioned the mountain of Jehovah (Pure Worship) it will be lifted up high above all the hills (false religions) PEOPLES and MANY NATIONS (plural indicates different races) will begin searching for the God of Jacob (using the words of the God of Israel as yardstick for righteousness) Laws will go out of Jerusalem (talking about the religion that will be established in Jerusalem which Jesus ordered his Apostles to stay until the city is encamped) Luke 21:20

Now after all of this God's Holy Spirit will take charge of affairs, then with the yardsticks or tenets that was issued out of Jerusalem all those peoples from different races will settle their racial disputes within them using God's word, they will agree among themselves on issues this cursing wars and troubles among the nation that's affecting all other religions, they will stop using all instruments of war, they will divert all their resources into production of food both physical and spiritual, they will not lift up weapons against one another neither will they learn war anymore!

All these you swept under the carpet because the one and only group having this qualities is JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley

PARACLETOS:
A GUIDE TO FIND THE TRUE CHURCH

A Guide To The Old Paths
The world is religiously sick in that one does not know which way to follow (Jeremiah 6:16). Man has, in his efforts to accord God an acceptable service, gone as far as propounding strange doctrines and holding to tenets that have become a complete violation of the teachings of Christ (II John 9-11; Galatians 1:8-9; I Peter 4:11)
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:03pm On Jul 17, 2021
PARACLETOS:

Not just anybody...

CHRIST THE ONLY FOUNDATION
(Isaiah 28:14-22; 1 Peter 2:4-12)

10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is

The foundation was laid in Jerusalem, if any man lay another and build, claiming to be the same, its a LIE!

You see what i mean! smiley

You're quoting but where is the PRACTICAL APPLICATION? smiley

Well let me tell you.

The foundation is Christ Jesus (the word of God) so any religion could be built on the foundation but the (religion) will not be able to stand the test of time when series of endtime events began unfolding!

I know you worship somewhere but due to one reason or another you're not confident enough to mention the name in public because you know members of your religion are not fully competent and completely equipped in the scriptures like JWs. 2Timothy 3:16-17

Imagine what you yourself said about a religious group that you're condemning:

This quotation is in which portion of the scriptures? I have known the WatchTower witnesses to be a very good Bible quotation group of people. So I don't expect less from you

But can you confidently say the same about members of your church? The answer is NO!

That's why you're beating about the bush since hiding your church! smiley
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:07pm On Jul 17, 2021
PARACLETOS:

the foundation was laid in 33 A. D.
WHEN WAS THE FOUNDATION OF THE WATCHTOWER WITNESSES LAID?

You're referring to the foundation of Watchtower. It was laid in the year 33 AD! smiley
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2021
PARACLETOS:

What about to refute those who preach another gospel"?
When you CONTRADICT THE GOSPEL you are to be REBUKED AND CORRECTED

Then the one trying to correct must PRESENT the group PRACTICALLY APPLYING what he's saying so that everyone can see how things ought to be done.

In the absence of that arguments and counter arguments will simply begin! smiley
Re: A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You see what i mean! smiley

You're quoting but where is the PRACTICAL APPLICATION? smiley

Well let me tell you.

The foundation is Christ Jesus (the word of God) so any religion could be built on the foundation but the (religion) will not be able to stand the test of time when series of endtime events began unfolding!

I know you worship somewhere but due to one reason or another you're not confident enough to mention the name in public because you know members of your religion are not fully competent and completely equipped in the scriptures like JWs. 2Timothy 3:16-17

Imagine what you yourself said about a religious group that you're condemning:

But can you confidently say the same about members of your church? The answer is NO!

That's why you're beating about the bush since hiding your church! smiley

Like I told you earlier, The church that Christ built is operating basically on the tenets of LOVE AS IN 1 Corinthians 13:1-7.
We do not boast, we do not show what we do. But God is working with us as in the days of the Apostles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prophecy For 2023 Presidential Elections / Bishop Desmond Osazuwa Reveals How Peter Obi Will Get His Mandate Back / Where To Get George Adegboye Tapes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.