Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? (2007 Views)

Did Abraham Lie? / Where Did Abraham See Jesus? If You Know The Truth, Come And Answer! / Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:32am On Jul 25, 2021
AntiChristian:

So who granted him the riches?

Satan!

grin I already answered you. I verily said "it is the portion of the dead".

AntiChristian:

Can you say the same with Job!

Job sure had great wealth too! Will he enter hell like Dangote?

grin God Himself boasted with Job, even Twice, that should tell you everything about Job. grin
Re: Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? by Kobojunkie: 7:33am On Jul 25, 2021
AntiChristian:

I wasn't looking at the 5/6 sons since at the time of sacrifice they were only two.

God of the Bible had already made Isaac the only son when he wasn't the only one.

Where's the equity and fairness in this?

This may have been okay if they were 6 at the time of sacrifice and the title of "only son" wasn't used when there were two sons sired by Abraham.
Equity and fairness is what happened when Abraham shared what He owned among all of his sons, not just the first or whatever. undecided

As for the one God chose, God chose. In Genesis 15, God did assure Abraham that a slave born in his house would not be the one to get that which He , God, had promised him. And again, since it was God doing the choosing, not Abraham, God knew exactly who it would be long before consummation. undecided
Re: Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? by AntiChristian: 7:37am On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting! Titie of the first son undecided

Well, what about Sarah's title in this then? She was the first wife of Abraham and had been with Him from the beginning, didn't she deserve to be the one to birth the promised child? undecided

Are you certain equity and fairness is what you are really concerned about in this? undecided

Equity and fairness means whatever law is applicable to A will apply to B all things being equal.

Who was Jacob's heir? Who was his first wife?

Jacob's wives did what Sarah did by giving their maid to Jacob. But same treatment wasn't met out from the Lord.
Re: Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? by Kobojunkie: 7:47am On Jul 25, 2021
AntiChristian:

Equity and fairness means whatever law is applicable to A will apply to B all things being equal.

Who was Jacob's heir? Who was his first wife?

Jacob's wives did what Sarah did by giving their maid to Jacob. But same treatment wasn't met out from the Lord.
You and I dont even agree as far as your idea of equity and fairness so what makes you think that God should make decisions based on the opinions of some men, if at all? undecided

Isaac had two sons but we know the first son was overlooked in this because God chose to use Jacob instead. undecided

Jacob had 12 sons and their was no promise made to Jacob that sons born to him by slaves would not be considered so no need to expect the same 'law' would apply to Jacob as was applied to Abraham. undecided
Re: Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? by AntiChristian: 7:47am On Jul 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin I already answered you. I verily said "it is the portion of the dead".

I asked who gave riches.

[/quote]
grin God Himself boasted with Job, even Twice, that should tell you everything about Job. grin[/quote]

You haven't answered will Job enter hell.
Re: Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:58am On Jul 25, 2021
AntiChristian:

I asked who gave riches.

grin And I answered "it is the portion GIVEN to the dead" surely, you now know Who is it Who Gives.

AntiChristian:

grin God Himself boasted with Job, even Twice, that should tell you everything about Job. grin

You haven't answered will Job enter hell.

grin God Himself boasted with Job, even Twice, that answers the question. grin
Re: Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? by AntiChristian: 8:05am On Jul 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin And I answered "it is the portion GIVEN to the dead" surely, you now know Who is it Who Gives.

grin God Himself boasted with Job, even Twice, that answers the question. grin

Chai!
Re: Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:07am On Jul 25, 2021
Re: Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? by AntiChristian: 8:08am On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You and I dont even agree as far as your idea of equity and fairness so what makes you think that God should make decisions based on the opinions of some men, if at all? undecided

Isaac had two sons but we know the first son was overlooked in this because God chose to use Jacob instead. undecided

Jacob had 12 sons and their was no promise made to Jacob that sons born to him by slaves would not be considered so no need to expect the same 'law' would apply to Jacob as was applied to Abraham. undecided

Alright, only Abraham's slave son was outcast by God in the Bible.

It's okay. God chooses whom He wills.

Kachifo!
Re: Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? by sagenaija: 11:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
Antichristian, see the below. Just the first twelve minutes should show you where Islam stands on this matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhttwHy9FhU
Re: Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? by AntiChristian: 2:05pm On Aug 09, 2021
sagenaija:
Antichristian, see the below. Just the first twelve minutes should show you where Islam stands on this matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhttwHy9FhU

So na this video will tell me the Islamic stand on this matter? No be Qur'an and hadith the ruling dey?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Is Real - A Living Testimony / I Am Most Revenderd, Pastor,dr,supretendent,most Holy,arc-bishop, Apostle,jp / Can Thoughts Become Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.