Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,489 members, 7,958,487 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:33 PM

Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today (67791 Views)

What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / Refuse Covers Parts Of Surulere After Heavy Rain In Lagos (Viewers Discretion) / Umuocham Road Aba Flooded After Rainfall Today (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Unclebright20(f): 10:02pm On Jul 16, 2021
Lagos is not over hyped. Lagos based on statistics is one of the the biggest rising city in the world.
Flooding happens even in over developed countries like UK and American.

4 Likes

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Edusouls(m): 10:04pm On Jul 16, 2021
Glorified urban jungle, look at were they live a very hazardous environment, God forbid if any live wire is nearby it would electrocute the whole environment, u see people still flocking there like ants, everywhere stinks, no fresh food only Agege bread and beans, no drainage, sufferers all over, touts, cheap oloshos all over, no fresh air, the dirtiest place on earth, orishirishi . Instead I live in Lagos I go sambisa go stay, I swear that place is horrible horrible

4 Likes

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Kobicove(m): 10:04pm On Jul 16, 2021
The effect of this rain in Lagos is quite severe sad
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by redcliff: 10:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
yhis one sef still dey ok
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by 2special(m): 10:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
OVB123:
I think lagos state is over hype. Alot still has to be done in that state.
I don't think so cuz thousands are still moving to Lagos, you can't say Lagos is over hype

2 Likes

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Maj196(m): 10:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
What a shithole
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Wawelexy(m): 10:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms This is so unsophisticated

Ogbeni calm down Don't even compare this rubbish to what they are facing abroad Cos if those kind of flood happen here in Nigeria With our improper irrigation and drainage system
Lagos won't even survive it Don't compare apples with oranges nah!
..... Out of context.

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by hardbody: 10:12pm On Jul 16, 2021
Revolva:
The heavy rain has made many parts of Lagos to be submerged with water and I was in Adelabu street in Sururlere Lagos when the rain started from around 10.30 am and it poured heavily close to 7 hours and this is the aftermath of what I saw immediately I came out of my study class building.

i could not even see the road no more and I had to swim my way in the water which was up to my knee and many residents around the area also have to stay indoors, as the streets have been totally flooded and residents could not move out without entering the dirty waters to get across, so as to get to their destination.

Houses were flooded around other areas of Surulere as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH4TTfpF45Y

I saw a timeline saying January 1, 2000. Was that a mistake?
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:13pm On Jul 16, 2021
Wawelexy:
...... Over hype as in? US, UK, e.t.c also experience this

How frequently?

This happens year in year out. In those climes flooding occurs once in a while, and when it occurs the government start putting in measures to mitigate this.

Bentley had floods 2 years ago, before then the last floods was a decade earlier.

Cheers
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by 9jaRealist: 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Nigeria is gone
Pls know one here should disgrace his ancestors
By comparing this rubbish poor drainage and dirty environment flood problem
To what happened in eroupean countries of late

Yet European nations with their better drainage have worse flooding…

Let’s not unnecessarily conflate issues…
Yes, Lagos needs better drainage, but even that cannot handle these sorts of rain deluge.

Just be happy we have not experienced the over 125 (and counting) deaths in Germany. RIP to them!
>

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by 9jaRealist: 10:15pm On Jul 16, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
How frequently?

This happens year in year out. In those climes flooding occurs once in a while, and when it occurs the government start putting in measures to mitigate this.

Bentley had floods 2 years ago, before then the last floods was a decade earlier.

Cheers

More frequently, with climate change.

This was New York City just last week…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8up66_Lelxo

>

2 Likes

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by flokii: 10:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
Surulere Is fast turning to a slum.. is it that the population there is getting out of control or what exactly is going on?

They'll pack their dustbin out when it's raining to dispose off into the gutters.. like which kind of human beings are moving into Yorubaland for crying out loud. Is it until you people destroy everything that you"ll have sense??

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by princepee: 10:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
E
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Segzy19: 10:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
What if another heavy rain falls tomorrow..

E go be like Noah's time...

Lagos is overrated jare...

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Olaolufred(m): 10:24pm On Jul 16, 2021
Even London is in this too despite it being far from the sea.

Belgium and Germany.

Weather is on rampage.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15577204/uk-weather-floodwater-london-homes-27c-scorcher/amp/
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Wawelexy(m): 10:28pm On Jul 16, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

How frequently?

Cheers
....... Lies! Pls use ur search engine
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by offiahvictor(m): 10:35pm On Jul 16, 2021
OVB123:
it is ooo no be say you talk
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Iykoto86(m): 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2021
Chanchit:

Be like say you don't watch foreign news. UK, Belgium and Germany worse when flood catch them. Cars sef land on top house.
You will be shocked to know that this guy might not have visited Lagos befor in his life, by calling Lagos glorified slum ,he don mad be that.

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Asour: 10:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
dangoteinlaw:
Those complaining of lagos being a slum, overhyped, yen yen yen. Pls i haven't seen anyone that's ever sold their properties in lagos and booked the next bus to their village but i ve seen alot of ppl sell their lands and took overnight bus to lagos lol.

in other news, are you with little funds and wondering if it can build you a home and make you a landlord, then lets talk. I want to be your architect

"You've seen a lot of people sell their lands and took overnight bus to Lagos"

Really?

That's a typical dramatic situation.
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by ringi82(m): 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2021
Wawelexy:
Germany sef is currently experiencing disaster floods much more worse than this.
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:55pm On Jul 16, 2021
Wawelexy:
....... Lies! Pls use ur search engine

Keep justifying governments backwardness and ineptitude. You lots are shamelessly comparing natural disaster to lack of planning and drainage facilities. Shameful to say the least

3 Likes

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by rawe45: 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2021
Revolva:
The heavy rain has made many parts of Lagos to be submerged with water and I was in Adelabu street in Sururlere Lagos when the rain started from around 10.30 am and it poured heavily close to 7 hours and this is the aftermath of what I saw immediately I came out of my study class building.

i could not even see the road no more and I had to swim my way in the water which was up to my knee and many residents around the area also have to stay indoors, as the streets have been totally flooded and residents could not move out without entering the dirty waters to get across, so as to get to their destination.

Houses were flooded around other areas of Surulere as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH4TTfpF45Y

This is nothing compared to what we experienced on my street today.

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Origin(f): 10:57pm On Jul 16, 2021
From time to time.

Learn to de sue your local government chairman (both the institution and the individual so we can enjoy better service....

Lawyers are not hungry enough in this country. A civil suit will pay back lawyer fees and the cost of all damaged cars.

Most lagos drainage are blocked and not cleaned, including major underground tunnels...

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Wolexzy11: 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
That place even better ago is worsted

2 Likes

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Nmezor(f): 11:09pm On Jul 16, 2021
No be small water, I passed thru it today after the Rain

2 Likes

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Wawelexy(m): 11:18pm On Jul 16, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Keep justifying governments backwardness and ineptitude. You lots are shamelessly comparing natural disaster to lack of planning and drainage facilities. Shameful to say the least
.......... Visit other african countries and you would see that Lagos is still ok. At least i have been to 5 country in africa.

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by kolexy(m): 11:18pm On Jul 16, 2021
Wawelexy:
l

Over a hundred people died in Germany and Belgium as a result of flooding this week.
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 11:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
OVB123:
Where are you based? You have never seen or experienced a flood in your base before ?

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Wawelexy(m): 11:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
ringi82:

Germany sef is currently experiencing disaster floods much more worse than this.
...... Abi o, people just like to derep die own country.
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Wawelexy(m): 11:23pm On Jul 16, 2021
kolexy:
l

Over a hundred people died in Germany and Belgium as a result of flooding this week.
....... Don't mind them, they just love to blame the government for everything, even natural disaster is government fault.
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Lamanii22(f): 11:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
Jackson105:
I am waiting for those fools that will come and say Lagos is overhype. Those that their hopeless village is not even in the map, will open their useless mouth to call Lagos a slum, a city that most part if it is below the sea level.

We saw yesterday on Nairaland front-page how flood took over a large chunk of Germany and Poland cities,flooding can happen anywhere in the world, no matter how plan the city is.

You people need to receive sense

"Hopeless village that is not in the map" looool grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See this Hilarious "Road Bump" Spotted In Nigeria (pics) / U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals / The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.