Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,475 members, 7,836,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant (7993 Views)

Data Disproves Commissioner’s Claim That Lagos Is Africa’s 7th Largest Economy / Onanuga: S/Africa Has Worsening Insecurity Than Nigeria, Temper The Headlines / South West Governors And Ministers Visit Locations Destroyed In Lagos Riots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mangekyo:

Every country do have their own ugly side even down to the USA. corruption is among one of ours. But the thing is, most of these countries try as much as possible to keep theirs a secret, anybody who doesn't live in the country barely know of it.

Also, are you telling me SA aren't corrupt? Bloody clown grin Nigeria lost 600billion since indepence, while SA lost more than 1.5trillion in just five years. STFU! grin
I know they tried as much as possible to hide it from the public like they do with every other thing, but can you really hide everything?
They're xenophobic, racists, looters, lazy, criminals etc. Pretty much the ones we don't know of should be greater than the ones we already know of since there's barely a Nigerian who keeps tab on the going about and news of South africa
South Africa corruption has minimal affect on the country unlike Nigeria, were it has severe effects on healtcare,airports,road network,electricity and education.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Mangekyo: 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

South Africa corruption has minimal affect on the country unlike Nigeria, were it has severe effects on healtcare,airports,road network,electricity and education.

Okay but at the end of the day, you don't become the giant of a continent because you have better roads and airports than others. undecided
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

I am not excusing the looting, the strong state institutions will always bring things under control. There are riots and looting even in the USA.

Where's the strong institution? The institution that allows the vandalization and destruction of businesses?
Institution that allows xenophobic attacks against non-nationals?
Which strong institution could be likened to that of Nigeria that conquered secessionists and lebels and still fairing good like it never happened? Which other African country have fought civil war and still living together with wars, lebels and ethnic cleansing?

Like i stated earlier, I don't have strenght for unnecessary argument.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by nku5: 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2021
Zuma is an honorary APC member. Very local corrupt man

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 17, 2021
NwaEzefuNaMba:

Where's the strong institution? The institution that allows the vandalization and destruction of businesses?
Institution that allows xenophobic attacks against non-nationals?
Which strong institution could be likened to that of Nigeria that conquered secessionists and lebels and still fairing good like it never happened? Which other African country have fought civil war and still living together with wars, lebels and ethnic cleansing?

Like i stated earlier, I don't have strenght for unnecessary argument.
Herdsmen are running haywire and nothing has happened to them. Not even one single court case.

Nigeria institutions are ethnic affiliated and not nationalistic in outlook.The herdsmen menace would have dissappered within months if the government wanted it to end.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Herdsmen are running haywire and nothing has happened to them. Not even one single court case.

Nigeria institutions are ethnic affiliated and not nationalistic in outlook.The herdsmen menace would have dissappered within months if the government wanted it to end.

Roadside and half baked education is Nigeria greatest challenge, unfortunately you are a victim of halfbaked education.

I don't know what you mean by herdsmen menace, i will respond to that wheb you make it explicit enough for public consumption.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 17, 2021
NwaEzefuNaMba:

Roadside and half baked education is Nigeria greatest challenge, unfortunately you are a victim of halfbaked education.

I don't know what you mean by herdsmen menace, i will respond to that wheb you make it explicit enough for public consumption.
Herdmen are butchering people across the country like Christmas goats over grazing routes for cows cry and the government turns a blind eye.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:
Herdmen are butchering people across the country like Christmas goats over grazing routes for cows cry and the government turns a blind eye.

Is that what you understand by "HERDSMEN/FARMERS" clashes?

How are my even sure i have not been wasting my time with a troll.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by joyandfaith: 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
obaaderemi:
When it comes to social disturbances, South Africa is on another level. Remember the incessant xenophobic attacks.
And society can only define you if you let it. Individuals define themselves not society, in the real sense of it. If you think an average white person is above you all because of where they come from, so be it. wink

It is society that defines children who are suicide bombers. It is society that defines lives of billions living in poverty. For now, Caucasians and likes are ahead of us as society not as individuals. Remember Eqyptians and Irans used to lead the world. Ethiopia used to be a powerful country during the reign of King Selassie. If your society is Bleep, you are definitely Bleep. Reason Nigerians excel in advanced society.

Xenophobia is symptom of injustice. Remember BLm protests in US.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Benards(m): 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
htdot:

If you have the fact bang it or forever bang the table... al what he/she said is nothing but the truth.... riot and looting are bound to happen in a developed country.. countries like germany, usa and france have had their own... But it doesnt stop the law from taken its effect.... Nigerian law doesnt apply to the elite... Take it or leave it, [s]for now southAfrica is the giant of black continent,[/s] until Nigeria put its house together...

Easy boy, sorry i had to cancel that nuisance you typed up there....
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by DankemzI(m): 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:
Fantastically corrupt former President Jacob Zuma thought by instigating his supporters to cause havoc he will be released from his jail cell.

South Africa will emerge stronger from this and send a message to all citizens no one is above the law including the number one citizen.

South Africans united to irrespective of race-white,black,indian and asian to clean up the mess left by the Zuma mob who wanted corruption institutionalized through thuggery and brute force and create a nation where some people are above the law.

This is a lesson to Nigeria that has produced some of the most corrupt political leaders to ever walk the planet; that corruption can be fought holistically if you have strong state institutions.

TMKsouth
JaceBlaze
zhike
IronGalaxy
ololo12
Joziboi

South Africa will win the fight against corruption and be the big brother to inspire other African countries to build strong state institutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkiqPq_EufA

What happened in SA will replicate itself over here, Nigerians are hungry and angry we've never been this fragile. Any slight provocation from the government will be disastrous, FG should watch it,..
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Wizzzzmike: 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mangekyo:

Blah blah, all these do not matter. You're aware we're the one who gave electricity to Ghana, right?
If only our leaders were abit less corrupt. Also, in spite of the corruption, we're still the giant of Africa. Every other country recognizes us as the giant. It is said that no country would survive if they were to be in nigeria's shoes. I think that includes SA with their lazy citizens
Lol you gave Ghana what? Since 1960 ur country haven't able to solve ur electricity problems, so what electricity did ur country gave us something you don't have undecided
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

Lol you gave Ghana what? Since 1960 ur country haven't able to solve ur electricity problems, so what electricity did ur country gave us something you don't have undecided
Sad, but true.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Joziboi: 12:42am On Jul 18, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy thanks a lot for your support bro.. South Africa is indeed a very progressive and resilient country and even at our lowest ebb we quickly unite under our flag and keep it moving..

This has been an especially hard thing for me to witness. I can't remember feeling this shocked, angry and frankly, this embarrassed. These actions were an attempt at subverting the decision of the court which should never ever be allowed to happen, even at the momentary cost to our economy and, yes, loss of life which has been very unfortunate.

We've been here time and again; the long and violent struggle for freedom; Zulu nationalism via Inkatha Freedom Party resulting in the blood bath across Zululand in the early 90s.... We've always emerged the better for having gone through these experiences and this time will be no different. smiley

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
Joziboi:
RuudVanNisteroy thanks a lot for your support bro.. South Africa is indeed a very progressive and resilient country and even at our lowest ebb we quickly unite under our flag and keep it moving..

This has been an especially hard thing for me to witness. I can't remember feeling this shocked, angry and frankly, this embarrassed. These actions were an attempt at subverting the decision of the court which should never ever be allowed to happen, even at the momentary cost to our economy and, yes, loss of life which has been very unfortunate.

We've been here time and again; the long and violent struggle for freedom; Zulu nationalism via Inkatha Freedom Party resulting in the blood bath across Zululand in the early 90s.... We've always emerged the better for having gone through these experiences and this time will be no different. smiley
The world is rooting for success of your beautiful country.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by hodari: 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
What is happening in South Africa is shameful for the Black people as a whole.

The riots, violence and looting have exposed the fragility of the South African state and will definitely dampen investor confidence in the country. The situation has also given ammunition to white racists who think Africans are useless people.

If South Africans don't take care, they will end up like Zimbabwe. Jacob Zuma and his goons must be stopped at all costs

1 Like

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
hodari:
What is happening in South Africa is shameful for the Black people as a whole.

The riots, violence and looting have exposed the fragility of the South African state and will definitely dampen investor confidence in the country. The situation has also given ammunition to white racists who think Africans are useless people.

If South Africans don't take care, they will end up like Zimbabwe. Jacob Zuma and his goons must be stopped at all costs
I agree it has given ammunition to white racists.We only have two African countries, Namibian and Botswana that show blacks can govern a nation.
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by theTranslator: 11:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
TMKsouth:

LMAO grin grin grin

unfortunately true
They loot billions of $

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 19, 2021
theTranslator:
unfortunately true
They loot billions of $
cry
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by AfriqueDuZuid: 12:47am On Jul 19, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:
I agree it has given ammunition to white racists.We only have two African countries, Namibian and Botswana that show blacks can govern a nation.
I guess you not aware everything is back to normal
Re: Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant by Nobody: 2:43am On Jul 19, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

I guess you not aware everything is back to normal
Cheers…your country will emerge stronger now you have sent a message no one including the President is above the law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 More Kaduna Baptist School Students Freed — After 11 Weeks In Captivity / The Most Powerful Military In History:the United States Of America...!!! / We Can't Deceive God: Who Did Pastor Adeboye See In Aso Rock?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.