Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah (2629 Views)

Photos Of Presicce, Italy Paying $25,000 To Anyone Willing To Move There / US Embassy Blocks Visa Interview Dates In Nigeria Until Further Notice / US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by Samfitz: 7:39am On Jul 17, 2021
US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians As Appointments Fill Up Till 2024 – Victims

They stated that this is as a result of visa interview dates filling up till 2024, forcing those who are desperate to secure an interview to cough out huge amounts of money to officials.

Nigerians aspiring to travel out of the country to the United States of America now buy visa interview date at the rate of N600,000, some victims have told SaharaReporters.

They stated that this is as a result of visa interview dates filling up till 2024, forcing those who are desperate to secure an interview to cough out huge amounts of money to officials.

A witness, Mr Kayode Usman (not real name), who has already applied for a visa to travel to the United States told SaharaReporters on Tuesday.

Usman disclosed that a US Naval Officer who is resident in Nigeria confirmed this to him as he also tried to help someone secure a date for an interview at the US Embassy in Abuja, the nation’s capital.

He added that those who had planned to travel on the basis of health and academic issues are the most desperate to leave the country and would get the date at the exorbitant cost of N600,000.

“So, it was a friend of mine who reached out yesterday. He discussed the whole thing and said that for now, you cannot get a date earlier than 2024 on the website of the United States. It is there on the US portal. That means from now till 2024, on every workday that is filled up already. It means people have been given dates to come for an interview.

“I now asked how he got the information because I had also applied before. People that are applying are in a more difficult situation except on medical and academic grounds. So, it has now got to the point that they have a kind of third party arrangement to sell their dates.

“So he told me that she has this agent who is planning to help them a buy date for someone for N600,000. I was surprised. So, before I talked about that information today, I got that information from a US Naval Officer here in Nigeria who said that he saw one for N300,000. He said he was trying to help someone to get a visa date in Abuja. He now sold the date for N600,000.”

According to him, he said the US Naval Officer told him the situation may be an arrangement between the Nigerian and American governments to discourage or limit the exodus of Nigerian youths travelling to US.

“A travel agent confirmed that if you check the website, you cannot find any date earlier than 2024. That was what the Naval Officer also said that both governments are trying to discourage people from travelling.

“I did not think it could be so bad that you now have dates filled up till 2024 from now. So, in my opinion, I think there is connivance between the two governments to frustrate people aspiring to travel. But, now they are just making money from people because people are paying money to buy interview date and they will tell you to go home after spending two minutes with you,” a victim stated.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/07/15/us-embassy-syndicate-sells-visa-interview-dates-n600000-nigerians-appointments-fill-till#.YPJ4XCi2fuA

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by Commentor: 7:41am On Jul 17, 2021
angry
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by seunny4lif(m): 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
Wetin be all this angry
USA embassy will be making nothing less than 3B Dollars from Nigerians every year

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by sharpwriter(m): 2:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
seunny4lif:
Wetin be all this angry
USA embassy will be making nothing less than 3B Dollars from Nigerians every year

Is this true? Now, does this 600ka guarantee a visa approval?
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by seunny4lif(m): 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
sharpwriter:

Who knows
Which Visa approval cheesy cheesy
The money na just for you to get a date

Is there anything that is not possible in Nigeria?
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by ednut1(m): 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2021
sharpwriter:

off course not
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by Cousin9999: 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
It's strange that the Nigerian government would block this considering the amount of money people abroad inject into the economy. People leaving doesn't mean loss. I don't see what motivation they would have.

If it's a brain drain issue, I don't think that's a problem either. The profile of those who leave permanently doesn't suggest that.

I think this is just US crooks exploiting a situation they think they control. I'm going to research the related laws. Hopefully, I can help get embassy workers removed and/or arrested. This is crazy.
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by pocohantas(f): 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
That is definitely for a B1/B2 visa (a nonimmigrant category) and we all know that the majority of Nigerians who enter the US using visit visas refuse to come back. Some of your Nigerian actors and actresses are living illegally in the US via visit visas. Some have regularized, some are still illegal, doing videos and posting on IG. I won’t mention names.

On Nairaland you will see questions like, “My family friend is in the US and I am a 200L student of Mechanical Engineering in FUTO. My girlfriend is also a virgin. Now my family friend wants me to visit his family. How will he write the invitation that would make them approve my visa?

There is no way they would write it o, because the VO is not a fool. He/she knows japa mode is at an all time high, he knows you don’t want to come back and even if you want to come back, it is not your girlfriend’s virginity that will bring you back.

People that have good enough home ties or things to do with their money wouldn’t be struggling or paying N600,000 to enter the US for a visit. There are 1001 serene tourist destinations in the world. Go there and leave America alone. Better still, try other visa categories, student or fiancee/spousal.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by ednut1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
pocohantas:
That is definitely for a B1/B2 visa (a nonimmigrant category) and we all know that the majority of Nigerians who enter the US using visit visas refuse to come back. Some of your Nigerian actors and actresses are living illegally in the US via visit visas. Some have regularized, some are still illegal, doing videos and posting on IG. I won’t mention names.

On Nairaland you will see questions like, “My family friend is in the US and I am a 200L student of Mechanical Engineering in FUTO. My girlfriend is also a virgin. Now my family friend wants me to visit his family. How will he write the invitation that would make them approve my visa?

There is no way they would write it o, because the VO is not a fool. He/she knows japa mode is at an all time high, he knows you don’t want to come back and even if you want to come back, it is not your girlfriend’s virginity that will bring you back.

People that have good enough home ties or things to do with their money wouldn’t be struggling or paying N600,000 to enter the US for a visit. There are 1001 serene tourist destinations in the world. Go there and leave America alone. Better still, try other visa categories, student or fiancee/spousal.
lol you too brutal. But its the truth. Dubai is an easy travel destination. Most people going to usa on visit are looking to japa

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by ednut1(m): 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
Cousin9999:
It's strange that the Nigerian government would block this considering the amount of money people abroad inject into the economy. People leaving doesn't mean loss. I don't see what motivation they would have.

If it's a brain drain issue, I don't think that's a problem either. The profile of those who leave permanently doesn't suggest that.

I think this is just US crooks exploiting a situation they think they control. I'm going to research the related laws. Hopefully, I can help get embassy workers removed and/or arrested. This is crazy.
trash as usual. What u wrote does not correlate with the topic. Its Nigerians that have taken up the slots and are looking to sell it to fellow Nigerians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by sharpwriter(m): 5:07pm On Jul 17, 2021
seunny4lif:

Who knows
Which Visa approval cheesy cheesy
The money na just for you to get a date

Is there anything that is not possible in Nigeria?

Just for date? Chai... See scam, American yahoo cheesy

Na rip off be dat o... Waste of good money unless you are lucky.
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by sharpwriter(m): 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
ednut1:
off course not

Chai... See scam, American yahoo cheesy
Waste of good money resources unless you are lucky.
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by ednut1(m): 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
sharpwriter:

Chai... See scam, American yahoo cheesy
Waste of good money resources unless you are lucky.
naika don turn hell fire.
People are really desperate. Imagine paying 600k and get denied after 5 mins of interview lmao

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by seunny4lif(m): 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
sharpwriter:

Just for date? Chai... See scam, American yahoo cheesy

Na rip off be dat o... Waste of good money unless you are lucky.
I swear
Those that left Nigeria in the early 90s and 2000s, did
a job for their family

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by seunny4lif(m): 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2021
ednut1:
naika don turn hell fire.
People are really desperate. Imagine paying 600k and get denied after 5 mins of interview lmao
Nothing more to say
5Mins no too long cheesy
Some people na only their face the VO go just look and the VO go just deny them Visa cheesy cheesy
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by Cousin9999: 6:07pm On Jul 17, 2021
ednut1:
trash as usual. What u wrote does not correlate with the topic. Its Nigerians that have taken up the slots and are looking to sell it to fellow Nigerians

justwise
DisGuy
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by Cousin9999: 11:43am On Jul 18, 2021
After giving it more thought, I'm not sure how to approach the clear embassy corruption. It could be a pile of international law better left to experts, or it's corruption that's basically fully supported or without any real oversight.

Regardless, it's scr*wed up and racially motivated.
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by Raph82(m): 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
If this news is anything to write home about, then I see no reason for any Nigerian to take the risk, US is not worth it. Very stupid & arrogant country. I'll rather try out a small country in Europe & learn their language.

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by yemmywesey(m): 1:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
Europe dey , brazil dey, jamaica dey,
Why the hype of usa sef.
After I wait till 2024 time go don go and they can still deny the person a visa.
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by Makanaki127: 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
yemmywesey:
Europe dey , brazil dey, jamaica dey,
Why the hype of usa sef.
After I wait till 2024 time go don go and they can still deny the person a visa.
Abeg bross I don't understand what they mean, because am planning to leave Nigeria soon,I just did my international passport not too long and am planning to go apply for visa,does it mean I can't apply for the visa and even if I do,my interview will be till after 2024 ? And beside I have a friend in US can she help me to apply for visa there in US in Nigeria embassy over there ?
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by TheEnforcer: 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2021
Makanaki127:

Abeg bross I don't understand what they mean, because am planning to leave Nigeria soon,I just did my international passport not too long and am planning to go apply for visa,does it mean I can't apply for the visa and even if I do,my interview will be till after 2024 ? And beside I have a friend in US can she help me to apply for visa there in US in Nigeria embassy over there ?
You obviously don't know how the Visa process works

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by Makanaki127: 1:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
TheEnforcer:
You obviously don't know how the Visa process works
Hmm okay how can we chat with each other because I don't feel like dropping my phone number here for everyone to see
Re: US Embassy Syndicate Sells Visa Interview Dates N600,000 To Nigerians. Sah by jollenbaba(m): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
The thing is can a relative who is a citizen in the US help to apply for student visa from there and it is going to work out
How much is the traveling expenses to US?

(1) (Reply)

University of Iceland. How to go about it. / Hotel Booking In Pretoria Without Payment How Can I Get It Done Or Booked / Advice A Panel Beater Who Have Money To Travel Out But Don't Know Country To Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.