Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

What Can One Do With A Degree In Development Studies ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can One Do With A Degree In Development Studies ? (369 Views)

Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US / Unilag studies thread / What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can One Do With A Degree In Development Studies ? by Sikay19(m): 6:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
I finished from college of education few years back with political science as my course of study. Having obtained my NCE result, I should have applied for direct entry but I fear that as a NCE holder I will be limited within the field of education which will not augur well. However, I am considering to start afresh at NOUN to study Development Studies. I have read about this course. It seems interesting and has potentials but I need first-hand experience from graduate of this discipline.

I await meaningful contributions, thanks a bunch. cheesy cheesy wink
Re: What Can One Do With A Degree In Development Studies ? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 17, 2021
It's a cousin to Economics... Very nice social course. Anything involving national planning, economy, demographics, statistics etc, they are all interwoven.

You can go for it prayerfully.

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With A Degree In Development Studies ? by Ogamysamo: 6:54pm On Jul 17, 2021
you can use your political science knowledge to join politics and become a politician.
Re: What Can One Do With A Degree In Development Studies ? by Sikay19(m): 7:06pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ogamysamo:
you can use your political science knowledge to join politics and become a politician.

I have a greater dream than to join politics. As though as politics is part of my dream but my vision is beyond that. Thanks �

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Can One Do With A Degree In Development Studies ? by Sikay19(m): 7:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
Afriqan:
It's a cousin to Economics... Very nice social course. Anything involving national planning, economy, demographics, statistics etc, they are all interwoven.

You can go for it prayerfully.
This is interesting. Could you expose the downsides of it sir ? Thanks.
Re: What Can One Do With A Degree In Development Studies ? by budaatum: 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
Sikay19:

You will learn how to develop yourself, might be the most exposed downside.

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With A Degree In Development Studies ? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
Sikay19:

I don't think there's a downside really. Unless you're trying to work outside the scope of the course, which is also quite possible.

Every course can be said to have a limitation, even medicine, so no matter how good a course is, you can't work in every sector. So just go for what u want while putting God first. All the best.

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With A Degree In Development Studies ? by Sikay19(m): 7:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
budaatum:

You will learn how to develop yourself, might be the most exposed downside.
Afriqan:

I don't think there's a downside really. Unless you're trying to work outside the scope of the course, which is also quite possible.

Every course can be said to have a limitation, even medicine, so no matter how good a course is, you can't work in every sector. So just go for what u want while putting God first. All the best.

Thanks for your contributions. I really appreciate them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can One Do With A Degree In Development Studies ? by Sikay19(m): 9:13am On Jul 22, 2021
Need more opinions please
Re: What Can One Do With A Degree In Development Studies ? by budaatum: 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
yourshopkwikguy:
Wow so amazing..
The most funniest thing is that over 5 out of this people didn't study any course relating to Finances or banking in their bachelor's degree..I am so amazed about that. I'm also an engineering student but have so much zeal for business and hope to expand on this very soon.

Hope you don't mind I borrowed.

(1) (Reply)

United Nations Body, IHRC-HREF, Geneva, Switzerland Signs Mou With... / We Don’t Give Preferential Cut-off Marks To Northern Students – JAMB / What Do You Know About Grove School Portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.