Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,582 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany (54022 Views)

EndSARS: Calabar Hoodlums Begin Dumping Of Looted Items In Waste Bins (Photo) / Ayade Orders House-To-House Search Of Looted Items In Cross River State / Lagos Government To Assist Owners Of Looted Shops - Forms To Be Filled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by Chioma99(f): 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
my fellow Good hearted nairalanders please i need your help... I'm just trying to do some few online digital work to help myself but now i have even ran out of data, pls anyone compassionate enough to help me with the least #1000 airtime will go a long way. thank you!
09133910425MTN
Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
What do Fulanis know about artifacts?

They should hand it over to the Ooni of Ife ASAP.
Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by evansjeff(m): 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2021
slivertongue:
it sud be from national government to subnational govt to oba. obs is under Edo state govt. he sud face the governor not challenge him before fg. northern kings are more careful of political power

Please shut up if you don’t know how Benin Kingdom works.

1 Like

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by InvertedHammer: 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2021
/
If you ask me, I will say "Leave them in Germany".

The State Government can sign bilateral agreement with the museum in Germany and get a certain percentage (70%) from the proceeds of exhibition. Why? Because Nigerians do not place values on anything. The looted Bronze will be placed where it will be left unkept and yield no income for the people/government of Edo State. Our maintenance culture is inexistent. In all, lose:lose for every party involved. One day Oba's palace go burn and the artifacts will go with the inferno.

/

2 Likes

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by Coldie(m): 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2021
This is why I like Ganduje, sharp sharp he would break that kingdom and form different Emirates under it, then send you on exile.

Imagine where the state wants sth, where u a traditional institution was interfering the FG takes over it.

Imagine
Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by nedekid: 10:45pm On Jul 17, 2021
Etinobisa:
Oba of Anambra is the only one we know for now
grin
Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by laiza(m): 10:46pm On Jul 17, 2021
joway34:
@Zyzman

Stay charged up at all times with your devices (tablets, phones and type c port laptops).

Pay on delivery Nationwide.

Call or chat the number below in the picture.

High capacity energybanks available...
How much is it
Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by khadaffi(m): 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
Afam4eva:
I really don't understand why people are sentimental and bias about this issue.

It makes more sense for the Edo state Government to keep it since where the bronzes were taken are now under their jurisdiction.

The reason it should not be handed over to the Oba of Benin is because the traditional system has no recognized role under the constitution and there are no checks and balances to check the excesses of the traditional body. For instance, what stops the present Oba from keeping those bronzes as his personal property if handed over to him.

Those bronze are the personal property of the Omo n' oba. They were never for the Edo people. The bronze were stolen from the palace and it should be returned there. Whatever the oba decides to do with it is his business. Obaseki actually intends to convert it to his personal property. Please get the full details before commenting next time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by masseratti: 10:51pm On Jul 17, 2021
Afam4eva:

It makes more sense for the Edo state Government to keep it since where the bronzes were taken are now under their jurisdiction.

The reason it should not be handed over to the Oba of Benin is because the traditional system has no recognized role under the constitution and there are no checks and balances to check the excesses of the traditional body. For instance, what stops the present Oba from keeping those bronzes as his personal property if handed over to him.
actually it's the personal property of the Ọba of Benin not of any government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by billyG(m): 10:54pm On Jul 17, 2021
What is d worth of this artifacts in Nigeria,do we value works of arts?how many naira will it generates in Nigerian museums?it is better the government rent a house in Germany or UK as mesuem to house d artifacts & generate foreign currencies for d country with a proceeds sharing formula btw FG/EDSG/Oba palace.

1 Like

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by Aganju849: 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mangekyo:
Obaseki Vs Oba Of Benin: FG Reveals Who Will Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze

Source; https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/17/obaseki-vs-oba-of-benin-fg-reveals-who-will-take-possession-of-looted-benin-bronzes/

Juju wey dey nack sunglasses...this Lie creature had better be careful
Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mangekyo:
Obaseki Vs Oba Of Benin: FG Reveals Who Will Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze

Source; https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/17/obaseki-vs-oba-of-benin-fg-reveals-who-will-take-possession-of-looted-benin-bronzes/

This is why I said that most southern Nigerian people are illiterate. You have a governor and a traditional ruler surrendering their rights to the fulanis. Now the bronze statue is now a property of the fulani caliphate in Abuja. Southern Nigerians believe they are clever but they are bloody illiterate. First we surrendered are oil to them we surrendered land to them now we are taking our artefacts from the white people and giving the fulanis.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by osazsky(m): 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
Etinobisa:
Oba of Anambra is the only one we know for now
which oba..abeg e..once I make 700 million naira..after settlement I will be d next oba of anambra ruling from edo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by hokafor(m): 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
Lie Mohammed and his master are planning to divert Benin kingdoms artifact. I wonder in what museum are they going to display them Lagos or Abuja. When their original orgin are from Benin.
Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by Moorish: 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2021
As I told a friend of mine, a bini son, what Edos should have done was the following :

1) sign an Mou with the German government to pay a fraction of all the monies that accrued to the particular musuems during the period those artifacts were in their possession

2) Keep the artifacts in Germany and continue to pay a fraction of revenues to Edo

It is obvious the artefacts are more lucrative in european nations

6 Likes

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by osazsky(m): 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2021
masseratti:
actually it's the personal property of the Ọba of Benin not of any government.
yeah .it was stolen from the palace and not any museum .some of them where gods..once they are brought back to the original points it's powers rerurns

3 Likes

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by KingOdart(m): 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

This is why I said that most Yoruba people are illiterate. You have a governor and a traditional ruler surrendering their rights to the fulanis. Now the bronze statue is now a property of the fulani caliphate in Abuja. Southern Nigerians believe they are clever but they are bloody illiterate. First we surrendered are oil to them we surrendered land to them now we are taking our artefacts from the white people and giving the fulanis.

Benin people are not Yoruba get your fact right

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by Theunbothered: 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2021
CSTRR:
To be fair, I think the obaseki idea would have been the best.

He wanted to create a museum to display these beautiful arts to generate revenue for the state.

The oba wanted it in his palace where it would be probably be under restrictions, and all revenues will go to him alone.

Lai Muhammed will probably put it in his office, because I don't know if there is any federal museum in place.

Or Islamic fundamentalists in government will destroy them.

1 Like

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by Jonah507(m): 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2021
[/b]Baba might take a loan and use those things as collateral. shocked

Give it to Oba for the culture[b]
Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by DEIFIED(m): 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

This is why I said that most Yoruba people are illiterate. You have a governor and a traditional ruler surrendering their rights to the fulanis. Now the bronze statue is now a property of the fulani caliphate in Abuja. Southern Nigerians believe they are clever but they are bloody illiterate. First we surrendered are oil to them we surrendered land to them now we are taking our artefacts from the white people and giving the fulanis.
You don't even know what you are saying. You can't differentiate BTW Binin's and Yoruba. Smh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by dondigi(m): 11:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
I am just thinking, are we even sure it is the original artifacts? With advanced 3D printing all over the place.
Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
DEIFIED:

You don't even know what you are saying. You can't differentiate BTW Binin's and Yoruba. Smh.

If you are very educated you would have got my point. We South Nigerians are surrendering our selves to be slaves to the fulanis. That is my point
Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by Buksaylor: 11:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mangekyo:

This idiot...
Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by Judolisco(m): 11:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
The pharaohs of Egypt built pyramids... Now d Kings are dead but d pyramid is still serving Egypt... For those asking what obaseki want to do with d artefacts.... If Lai Mohammed like he should collect it and go and keep in kano.. Something that was out there for over 100yrs una no fight... Dem wan return am now brothers dey fight... Mtwww

1 Like

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by observanc1: 11:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
I dont even understand the whole rubbish going on.
The artefacts were stolen from the palace of oba of benin, then repartriate it to where u stole it from naa, that's oba of benin's palace.
There was no nigeria when the artefacts were stolen, so why is FG now saying that they are going to take custody of it.
Obaseki saying edo govt will keep it is talking nonsense.
When the artefacts were stolen from obaof benin's palace, some parts of present delta state (itshekiri and agbor) were parts of the kingdom. Akure in present day ondo state was part of the kingdom too.
Why is blackman like this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by Etinosa1234: 11:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
royal231:
Like days of old Benin was seat of Govt.. Today seat of govt is in Abuja..

Most of those Benin bronzes were not manufactured in Benin but were brought by other tribes..

I rest

They were done in Benin

Go to igun Street at sakponba road

They still do it till now

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by Judolisco(m): 11:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
khadaffi:

Those bronze are the personal property of the Omo n' oba. They were never for the Edo people. The bronze were stolen from the palace and it should be returned there. Whatever the oba decides to do with it is his business. Obaseki actually intends to convert it to his personal property. Please get the full details before commenting next time.
bros the pharaohs that built pyramids for themselves and kept a lot of treasures in it... all d pharaohs are now dead... Do you know how much those pyramid have generated for the people of Egypt Make una dey think of future if una Wan do something... A museum will fetch money for d state... Can u visit d Palace anytime u like?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by Nosaghae(m): 11:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
Afam4eva:

The bronze is the personal property of the oba of benin cos they were stolen from the palace of oba ovorawmen.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by Goldbw122(m): 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
That means they still postponed the matter abi na court we dey..
Re: FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany by juman(m): 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
King is the custodian of the culture and tradition.
They should return to him.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu / Nigerian Leaders, Politicians And Their Stylish Handshakes (Photos) / Protest Against Bukola Saraki In Offa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.