Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) (1234 Views)

My Concern About This Inauguration / Wike: I Have No Problem With Atiku — Interest Of Southern Nigeria Is My Concern / Founder Of Nairaland, Seun Osewa Reveals Why He No Longer Support Peter Obi's Pr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by Teeboy15(m): 11:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
Dear Seun,

As I lay on my bed, reminiscing about life, about how life tend to treat us in certain ways, some fair, some unfair, some just in-between, I look aback to Prophet TB Joshua as an instant call to memory. I kept pondering what would be of his church/ministry despite the hundreds of millions of followers he garnered all over the world through his ministrations.

He was obviously loved, almost worshipped, but he NEVER opened another synagogue/branch/parish/cathedral, etc elsewhere. Nowhere in the world. (I'm only using this as a most recent case study, no religious pun intended, none).

I'm sure some of us have also witnessed certain situations in the course of our lives where certain "one man" shine business never saw the light of day after that "one man" is no more in the picture. (Could be due to recklessness, poor decisions, bad govt policies/clampdown, death.) Just name it.

This is by no means wishing anything bad on anyone, rather it is borne out of concern and love.

Nairaland has grown, it is growing, it will keep growing. We love Nairaland. We're used to Nairaland. It keeps us entertained, educated, connected, informed, relieve stress etc... Nairaland is an unconsciously addictive forum. We love the addiction.

At the time of filing this post, Nairaland has a tiny bit over 2.7 million members. This is huge for any forum. Nairaland has come to stay.

Seun, in all sincerity, what are you doing to ensure all the 2.7 million and counting people on this forum will keep enjoying contents in 5 to 10 years?

Please protect this forum for us.

IDo not get the wrong idea or get sentimental about this post please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by theTranslator: 12:11am On Jul 18, 2021
I hope he listens

NL is not what it used to be

1 Like

Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by legendgalas(f): 12:19am On Jul 18, 2021
Twitter ban played a huge role here...
Seun, put the future of nairaland in my care now...

I don talk my own oooo
Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by samwash(m): 12:27am On Jul 18, 2021
Before now, I use to see the synagogue church branch at Sapele road just after Ajip junction b4 Winners in Benin city, Edo state.
Many pple were worshipping in that branch, all of a sudden will I say the church fold up or rather closed.
Back to your topic, sometimes, a business owner will usually put all his/her best to grow the business, when they are no longer there, it's poor management & policy's that will now kill the business. But is some case it's when the original owner of the business is no longer there, the new management will now improve on the business better than how the owner left it.
So in whatsoever business or venture we put into place, we should endeavors to groom someone/pple that will take after it when we are no longer there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by Mangekyo: 12:59am On Jul 18, 2021
What would you do if you were to be in his shoes? Start listing them

3 Likes

Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 18, 2021
Oga I don't know what you crying for

Nairaland is doing well, it is a pro masses forum that reflects the state of the average Nigeria cut out from various tribes

So discussion, debate would continue to flow as life goes on.

Some would tell you it is not what they used to know, actually this is the reflection of society itself nothing artificial here because of the anonymous nature.

Buhari has patterned a style of tribalism and nepotism as the way forward for this country, you might see this reflecting on the views and instincts of the commenters on this forum because it's president is leading the nation in that direction

Another president may come tomorrow bring good policies, treat everyone equally, the views about Nigerians might also change in that direction

Summary

Nairaland would continue to exist for ages because it is a platform to discuss life, policies, seek knowledge, etc

It is basically a reflection to society

5 Likes

Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by budaatum: 3:08am On Jul 18, 2021
Thank God, Supermods! Seun, live long o!
Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by bjtinz: 3:43am On Jul 18, 2021
I don't understand. What exactly is OP looking for?

1 Like

Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by Agbo2(m): 4:41am On Jul 18, 2021
Booking space.
Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by inumidun2010(m): 5:41am On Jul 18, 2021
samwash:
Before now, I use to see the synagogue church branch at Sapele road just after Ajip junction b4 Winners in Benin city, Edo state.
Many pple were worshipping in that branch, all of a sudden will I say the church fold up or rather closed.
Back to your topic, sometimes, a business owner will usually put all his/her best to grow the business, when they are no longer there, it's poor management & policy's that will now kill the business. But is some case it's when the original owner of the business is no longer there, the new management will now improve on the business better than how the owner left it.
So in whatsoever business or venture we put into place, we should endeavors to groom someone/pple that will take after it when we are no longer there.

Also, there was a SYNAGOGUE branch also in AKURE also before.. The reason they were closed was that some HOODLUM PASTORS were DEFRAUDING MEMBERS by COLLECTING HUGE SUM OF MONEY to book COUNSELLING SESSION with PROPHET T.B JOSHUA....
I think TB JOSHUA doesn't like AFFLUENCE... As for SUCCESSION, that shouldn't be a PROBLEM... They have loads of ANNOINTED PEOPLE who are DANGEROUSLY GIFTED.
As for SEUN OSEWA, I think he knows what's BEST FOR THE FORUM.....
Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by DSC7: 5:44am On Jul 18, 2021
Someone should help me ask mr Seun how much he will sell this site for me......

Just came back from OBA i need something to develop cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by louqas: 5:48am On Jul 18, 2021
If nairaland was an app in playstore , will the ibos be giving it bad reviews like they did to crowwe whenever there are anti ipob topics on nairaland?

1 Like

Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by uBuNiT: 5:49am On Jul 18, 2021
bjtinz:
I don't understand. What exactly is OP looking for?

Maturedly tell seun to write will b4 it s too late
Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by eastOFwest(m): 6:17am On Jul 18, 2021
Mikecold:
Oga I don't know what you crying for

Nairaland is doing well, it is a pro masses forum that reflects the state of the average Nigeria cut out from various tribes

So discussion, debate would continue to flow as life goes on.

Some would tell you it is not what they used to know, actually this is the reflection of society itself nothing artificial here because of the anonymous nature.

Buhari has patterned a style of tribalism and nepotism as the way forward for this country, you might see this reflecting on the views and instincts of the commenters on this forum because it's president is leading the nation in that direction

Another president may come tomorrow bring good policies, treat everyone equally, the views about Nigerians might also change in that direction

Summary

Nairaland would continue to exist for ages because it is a platform to discuss life, policies, seek knowledge, etc

It is basically a reflection to society

I don't think the op referring to the views espoused here.

Anyway, I'm sure Seun is a young man and the forum will continue also long as he's alive. Nigerian businesses typically suffer from legacy issues. Once the founder dies, things go South for various reasons. The heirs only seem to be surviving on assests. Look at Abiola, Ojukwu, Odutola, Okotie Eboh, Akwiwu etc. The only one that seems to Buck that trend is Rabiu. His son appears to have taken the business further than his father.

Furthermore, social media platforms like this tend to last as long as its format is still relevant. Look at what happened to Hotmail messenger, Yahoo chat, bbm etc. Anybody here old enough to remember Nigeria.com form 1999/2000?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by bjtinz: 8:34am On Jul 18, 2021
uBuNiT:

Maturedly tell seun to write will b4 it s too late

shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Nigerians don't like hearing that ..
Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by Fahdiga(m): 9:59am On Jul 18, 2021
louqas:
If nairaland was an app in playstore , will the ibos be giving it bad reviews like they did to crowwe whenever there are anti ipob topics on nairaland?
Are you normal at all. Why bringing Igbo and IPOB to this topic. Did you see where the OP mentioned Igbo and IPOB here? You people will just be looking for unnecessary trouble over nothing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by BeardedMeat(m): 10:47am On Jul 18, 2021
louqas:
Wahala for you and your Sifia Pains.

Seun let me know if you are selling wink
Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by sinkhole: 7:35am On Jul 19, 2021
In a normal country, a business like this will be made private (government would have provided enabling environment to do this) and the money realized would have been used to develop the forum so that more money would have been generated for more people.
Just check American Stock Exchange, you will see numerous businesses that nobody knows now, but just wait for some year, those companies will be talk of the world cool
Re: My Concern About Nairaland: (seun Kindly See This) by Teeboy15(m): 1:29am On Jul 26, 2021
eastOFwest:

I don't think the op referring to the views espoused here.

Anyway, I'm sure Seun is a young man and the forum will continue also long as he's alive. Nigerian businesses typically suffer from legacy issues. Once the founder dies, things go South for various reasons. The heirs only seem to be surviving on assests. Look at Abiola, Ojukwu, Odutola, Okotie Eboh, Akwiwu etc. The only one that seems to Buck that trend is Rabiu. His son appears to have taken the business further than his father.

Furthermore, social media platforms like this tend to last as long as its format is still relevant. Look at what happened to Hotmail messenger, Yahoo chat, bbm etc. Anybody here old enough to remember Nigeria.com form 1999/2000?

On purpose, I decided not to post further on this topic so that people don't get the wrong perception about the point I was driving at, because I believe the message is passed across already.

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Is Reason South-east Won’t Produce 2023 President, Dokpesi Replies Ohanaeze / #endsarsmemorial: ‘uber Driver’ Brutalised At Lekki Toll Gate (watch) / Those Who Made Fg, Dss Produce Kanu In Court Did Nigeria, Dss Grt Service – Ipob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.