Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,630 members, 7,955,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) (72688 Views)

Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos / Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) / Floods At 3rd Mainland Bridge, Oworo Estate (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by ajebuter(f): 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2021
laiperi:
Age abi na exposure dey worry you. Mushin, Bariga, Palm Grove have also flooded at one time or the other.

Ask older folks.

Older folks?

I'm 47 and l have lived in different parts of Somolu, Bariga , Palm Grove and Pedro for 30 years..

I have known these places when they were flood prone and l made my comment on the changes that have occurred in those places , without bias.

Always be polite and respect other people's views on a public forum..

You don't have to agree but you need not be nasty either..

6 Likes

Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by FireKing: 9:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
I just dey laugh because this same Lagos u go dey hear say na millions dem take buy Full Blown Erosion Area (FBEA)....Real estate people no go let person hear word, come buy come and buy. To be honest Lagos dey smell except for people wey never stay lag
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by Emmaxmusic(m): 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
Lagoon state
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by onlinestaff2020: 9:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
Those people posting religious comments here and there, should watch it. There's no God!
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 9:39pm On Jul 18, 2021
AttentionSeeker:
Lagos and flood ehn, especially those Lagos island places

That Lekki is a glorified shíthole, I remember back then when I rented a duplex for about 7 figures and when there was an heavy downpour

my car got spoilt
and my compound and street was like a local river.

I can’t even imagine what would have happened if I typed this comment. This same individual would have started foaming in the mouth. grin

2 Likes

Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by Twoclans(f): 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
pocohantas:

I can’t even imagine what would have happened if I typed this comment. This same individual would have started foaming in the mouth. grin

You would have been dragged from Oba to Canada and back.

The dragging will not be here cheesy
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by Grandkay21(m): 9:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ewoooo Erosion better pass this one
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
Twoclans:

You would have been dragged from Oba to Canada and back.

The dragging will not be here cheesy

I swear. I for denounce the house, the 7 figures and the car immediately. grin
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by Person2person(m): 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by folake4u(f): 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
pocohantas:

I swear. I for denounce the house, the 7 figures and the car immediately. grin

Biko Poco how do you people cope with this flood of a thing shocked. The pictures I'm seeing are madddd!
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by Humanoid01(m): 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2021
SUPERPACK:
So effect of global warming is now God testing the microphone to you? Religion is truly the opium of the masses.
The existence of logical and mechanical explanations to a phenomenon doesn't excuse the presence of a divine impact. There is no contradiction there! What are your reasons for disagreeing with him?
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by Theoutsider: 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Lagos and flood ehn, especially those Lagos island places

That Lekki is a glorified shíthole, I remember back then when I rented a duplex for about 7 figures and when there was an heavy downpour

my car got spoilt and my compound and street was like a local river, after the fraud agent have assured me that the place is a good area that isn't prone to flood. after few days there i got so angry, got my money back and looked for a good place, I can't come and kill myself

This is when these greedy developers build and refuse to install the right draining mechanism to control flooding.

Just look at Japans water drain system

1 Like

Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by Vision4God: 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
CamusMidas:

Stop looking for every opportunity to justify your poverty.

Let your comment(s) add value to lives.
Be very careful in life
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
grin wink welcome to nizoorian where educated morons are being ruled by old illitreates
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by Greatfullheart: 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
Baawaa:
More money more problem,
Must you stay at lekki
. More Mon£¥, more problem, as the problem dey come Mon€¥ dey solve dem
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by SUPERPACK: 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
Humanoid01:

The existence of logical and mechanical explanations to a phenomenon doesn't excuse the presence of a divine impact. There is no contradiction there! What are your reasons for disagreeing with him?
What are your reasons for disagreeing with me?
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by piagetskinner(m): 10:34pm On Jul 18, 2021
These are old pictures

1 Like

Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
folake4u:

Biko Poco how do you people cope with this flood of a thing shocked. The pictures I'm seeing are madddd!

These pictures are old. I have never seen this kinda flood though. I have seen pools, but not oceans. I am taking note of all the non-flooded areas. Last last na Egbeda I go dey. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by markpenk: 10:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
But these are old pictures now. They're from the 2017 flooding incident

1 Like

Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by Raffael(m): 10:39pm On Jul 18, 2021
Why anybody get boat for these areas?
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by engrben25: 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
lekki that is lake kill
know the meaning now
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by lastempero: 10:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
SavageResponse:

This one goes beyond having a good drainage system, the place is below sea level so they will continue to have this problem

They should start building dikes like dutch, holland is below sea level as well but they are dealing with it in the proper way with dikes all over the country.
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by sammyj: 10:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
Nothing like global warming. We've been experiencing floods since 001 BC abeg leave this liberals excuses to fool us alone !!
SUPERPACK:
So effect of global warming is now God testing the microphone to you? Religion is truly the opium of the masses.
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by afroxyz: 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
babaolofin:

Flood is normal in Lagos because of the flat terrain which is almost at Sea level.

During IBB era, a popular musician released a record on Lagos flooding - You say you no know you go know, when time don come you go know, water dey Ajegunle, water dey maroko, etc.

The flood this time around is caused by drainage blockages. All the drainage system at Broad street and all the streets at Lagos Central Business District are blocked before the raining season. The same thing is applicable at Lekki, Amuwo Odofin, in fact, there is a collapse of environmental sanitation system in Lagos. Drainage system is blocked everywhere in Lagos since AMBODE era. Every street at VI have blocked drainage system.

AMBODE era created a dead sewage and environmental sanitation system in Lagos. SANWOOLU and his deputy have not cleared the backlog environmental sanitation liability left by AMBODE government. I see dirty and blocked gutters everywhere in Lagos. The recent flooding is not because the sea is filled to the ground level, hence the heavy downpours is at sea level, NO. It is because the water route to sea is blocked.

SANWOOLU and his deputy should focus on clearing the drainage system.

Righteousness2, this is not a religion issue, but environmental engineering and physical planning issue. I was at Lakeview Phase 1 estate, Amuwo Odofin on Friday. From Apple Junction to Okota, it was a sea. Drainage blockages. Some people even thought Lagoon was trying to claim the area . Four years of drainage blockages caused this problem.

How many years has Sanwo-olu been in power that you are calling Ambode for Christ sake? Does it take one tenure to clear drainages?

1 Like

Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by laiperi: 11:06pm On Jul 18, 2021
Wow, I am sorry if that landed the wrong way. It was never meant as an insult, especially to a lady.

I would have expected that at 47, you would have experienced nasty flood at Mushin at least not to mention other areas.

I do respect other people's views but facts are facts, not views. You can hardly find a safe place in Lagos when it comes to flood.

If you live in Lagos most of your life, you should not have missed that.

Most of Lagos is under sea level but I will not exchange it for anywhere.

Against, I am sorry if you find that fact as insult.

Do o!

ajebuter:

Older folks?

I'm 47 and l have lived in different parts of Somolu, Bariga , Palm Grove and Pedro for 30 years..

I have known these places when they were flood prone and l made my comment on the changes that have occurred in those places , without bias.

Always be polite and respect other people's views on a public forum..

You don't have to agree but you need not be nasty either..
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by Eriokanmi: 11:06pm On Jul 18, 2021
Born2conquer:

22hrs light for lagos? Where be that
Alimosho
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by folake4u(f): 11:12pm On Jul 18, 2021
pocohantas:

These pictures are old. I have never seen this kinda flood though. I have seen pools, but not oceans. I am taking note of all the non-flooded areas. Last last na Egbeda I go dey. cheesy

Oh okay.

But sef the pool sef is getting too much oh.
One thing I'm grateful for in this Benin sha.

Lmao you nor wan stay your AC house again? grin.

PS: My friend who stays in Marina said it has turned to Marine kingdom cos of flood.

Una dey try sha.
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by Donzik90: 11:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
Righteousness2:
Anyone who doubts what BABA did in the times of Noah should repent and ask for Mercy.

Folks! What we are seeing now all over the world is " Testing ! Testing" GOD is testing the Mic all over the World.

If you Have hope on Government, technology, your Pocket or whatever, you are totally missed it!
This Ship is Sinking !
The Life Boat is JESUS Christ.
Just as Noah and his family were Saved in the ark. JESUS is set to Harpazo His Children outta here. If you are left behind, it is unfortunate.
All that is Needed a Genuie surrenderness to JESUS Christ.
in al ur post, i just have to glance through d first line.. I already knw its u. Prophet jesus.
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by SeunOshewaWife(f): 11:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
Wanny20:
This is two years ago

Don't mind the OP. That's a very old photo. As at Friday when it rained, Lekki was not flooded. I don't know what the essence of this thread is.

4 Likes

Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by KingDash: 12:23am On Jul 19, 2021
Eriokanmi:
This one small nah. the flood wey i see for okota, coming from festac Friday plenti pass dis one.

A good reason I'd not live in that place called lekki. Water dem no get, light, dem no get, access roads, na just one road. They live fake lifestyle. I warned my friend working with an oil and gas a few years back to think carefully before moving into his 26m duplex ( 2014 to be precise). Each time I visit this guy and use his gents, the water would be like eruku oshodi tea colour when I flush . He spends millions treating water. He spends millions on diesel every month , when it's not an office apartment. On the mainland where I live, there's at least 22 hours power everyday, we enjoy good water and environment. Those living at lekki are simply keeping up with the joneses. My friend is now thinking of selling the building. Once it rains, he can't move in his car. He'd have to stop midway and park then wade through the flood home. His mainland new house is almost done...penny wise pound foolish I'd say.
lie lie grammer kee you there.
Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by Emmypure: 12:41am On Jul 19, 2021
I have not been to Lagos before, but I know that this is a old pics, because I saw it last year

1 Like

Re: Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) by SleekyP(m): 1:34am On Jul 19, 2021
Friday’s Pictures live from LEKkI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

China Constructs World's Longest Glass Walkway On A Mountain (Photos) / Lagos Passenger Sleeping Refused To Wake Up After Reaching Last Bus Stop (Video) / Hummer Crashed Into Oba Of Benin's Palace Wall, Gets Destroyed, But Not The Wall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.