Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here (18579 Views)

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them / Lets Discuss Car Milage: Is Your Car Actually Chopping Fuel / Car AC Works Well Only In The Morning And Evening But Struggles In Hot Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by calculation(m): 8:05am On Jan 28, 2022
Blackbishop:

Bro he is a busy guy and travel mostly. You need him call him and book an appointment
The guy mobile number will not connect anytime I call him. At last his workshop address was trace yet it like nobody like him at the back of Jogor centre in ibadan.
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by oilmaney: 1:06pm On May 14, 2022
please help i bought a new car corolla and noticed d ac works well at 2 in d morning or evening but at hot afternoon u can't use 2, u have to use number 4 before it cools, what's the issue please cos I heard using ur ac at a high number affects d car engine
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by alphabbey1(m): 10:47am On May 15, 2022
oilmaney:
please help i bought a new car corolla and noticed d ac works well at 2 in d morning or evening but at hot afternoon u can't use 2, u have to use number 4 before it cools, what's the issue please cos I heard using ur ac at a high number affects d car engine
That's the kind of myth you hear when you take advice from kazeem grin
if using AC at high level affects engine, the engine and the AC are just not compatible in the first place.....
And morning and afternoon does not have same temperature, so nothing to worry if you have to increase the level to get coldness... I put mine at highest level all the time in the afternoon and lower it back once everywhere is cold...
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Nembeboi: 6:03pm On May 15, 2022
I drive a 2004 sienna. It's been a good boy so far. De ac doesn't cool well and I've been told it's low pumping from the compressor. It cools better wen I'm on a long trip but de cooling is less wen I'm within town or idling. I think it's an automatic compressor (it trips off and on intermittently)
So wot do u tink cud be de issue. And if it's compressor, how do I get a very good tokumbo compressor with clutch and price (I've read that de ones without clutch aren't good for the engine life on the long run).
Tanx
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by easysunny(m): 4:40pm On May 19, 2022
Pls help. My car AC (2008 Honda Pilot) is giving me problem. The compressor coil keep burning after changing it. It'll just work for few weeks & got burnt Then recently, both the compressor & condesser were changed ( Tok compressor + New condesser). The AC just worked for like 2 weeks, & stopped cooling. I called the technician & discovered it was gas leakage & then was fixed.
Now, I didn't use the car for a week plus. When I on the AC, I started hearing whisling sound, then burnt smell coming out. The AC is no longer cooling, only fan blowing. Then I checked the compressor, I saw some black debris that come out of it. But when I on the AC, the compressor will be rolling but not cooling, only air from fan blowing.
Then I called the technician, & he said that it might be that the compressor coil has burnt again. What's causing it, no one has told me.
I've changed compressor coil for 5 times within few months. Then I changed the compressor & condesser, still having same .issues, AC stopping working, coil keep burning. I just leave it like that for now. I'm fed up.

Pls, what could be the cause, & what can I do? Thanks in advance
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Kinslite(m): 10:06am On May 20, 2022
Driver available for weekly remittance(30k). Am not a newbie, I have an existing bolt account. If you are a car owner in need of a driver, am just a call away. Kindly help out please.

Whatsapp/call: 09060208152
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Timibobp: 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2022
Please my lexus 350 2007 ac is cutting off after I put it on, the ac indicator will be blinking on and off while the cooling stops but the fan is on. What can I do to remedy it please?
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Timibobp: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2022
I am Timi
Mt number is 07065535113.

Please my lexus 350 2007 ac is cutting off after I put it on, the ac indicator will be blinking on and off while the cooling stops but the fan is on. What can I do to remedy it please?
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Terah76: 5:06am On Aug 10, 2022
Hello guys, I just bought a naija used 2010 Corolla with bad ac. Took d ac for fixing, d tech. Advice we flush d system due to d fact dat d compressor is bad and d system showing signs of black colouration, I bought a used compressor 22 manual, he flused d condenser since it was still new and change d condenser filter, removed d valve and flushed d whole system using cooking gas according to him, and recharge d system.
But d cooling was not effective except wen I'm driving, he advice I drive and observe, within a week no changes as per cooling, so wen I pressed d H valve with d car key I saw very black gas/ oil coming out. Please what do you advice I do, d tech. Said d compressor is having low pumping hence need to be changed.
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by alphabbey1(m): 8:51am On Aug 14, 2022
Terah76:
Hello guys, I just bought a naija used 2010 Corolla with bad ac. Took d ac for fixing, d tech. Advice we flush d system due to d fact dat d compressor is bad and d system showing signs of black colouration, I bought a used compressor 22 manual, he flused d condenser since it was still new and change d condenser filter, removed d valve and flushed d whole system using cooking gas according to him, and recharge d system.
But d cooling was not effective except wen I'm driving, he advice I drive and observe, within a week no changes as per cooling, so wen I pressed d H valve with d car key I saw very black gas/ oil coming out. Please what do you advice I do, d tech. Said d compressor is having low pumping hence need to be changed.
Go and buy brand new compressor. Used compressor will always be 30/70
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by DrLivzy(m): 11:08pm On May 03, 2023
Please help me. My condenser gets hot wen am using AC.
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Victor395: 9:06am On Feb 18
Please after I changed my compressor on corolla 2010. I noticed that once you turn on the AC, you hear a strange loud noise from the bunnet towards the passenger side. But if the AC is off and you accelerate at high speed, it sounds normal. Please what could be the issue
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by aieromon(m): 3:30pm On Feb 18
Victor395:
Please after I changed my compressor on corolla 2010. I noticed that once you turn on the AC, you hear a strange loud noise from the bunnet towards the passenger side. But if the AC is off and you accelerate at high speed, it sounds normal. Please what could be the issue

Defective AC compressor clutch or tensioner
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by RealSleek(m): 9:29am On Mar 03
Victor395:

the compressor need to be checked...the loud noise is a suprise though...the worst sound from a compressor should be a rubbing sound..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much For Golf3 / Frsc Reintroduces Fines For Old Number Plates / "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.