Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:36 AM

I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? (539 Views)

Weird Sacrifice I Saw This Morning... Stay Woke / Daphne Patoir: I Saw TB Joshua In Heaven - Pastor Sees Prophet In Heaven / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by FahBuLous: 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2021
Could this be true?? embarassed cry

Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by illicit(m): 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by RunzMAN: 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by emorse(m): 10:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
Baba freeze Abi wetin be that him name again must be busy cooking up something by now

1 Like

Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by ChilamNk(m): 10:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
Is this for real?
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by Bluntguy: 10:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
The church has just shot itself on the foot.
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by Kobojunkiee: 10:32pm On Jul 18, 2021
FahBuLous:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin wink cheesy wink
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by timothy2396(m): 11:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
Imagine a whole hell gate keeper using church for business.... I really miss Prophet TB Joshua.. The hypocrite didn't even send condolence message to Evelyn Joshua...
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by Kobojunkiee: 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2021
timothy2396:
Imagine a whole hell gate keeper using church for business.... I really miss Prophet TB Joshua.. The hypocrite didn't even send condolence message to Evelyn Joshua...
Every church is a business including the who that belongs to your TBjohseua. undecided
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by MajesticKris: 11:41pm On Jul 18, 2021
That's why I find it hard going to churches these days... If not to pursue woman what else..

I believe he Hears me more when I'm alone... Cus I don't understand what they are doing in our churches again ooo
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by Babinski: 12:58am On Jul 19, 2021
FahBuLous:

The assertion that Living Faith is a business and not a Ministry because they made a financial decision of cutting their losses by sacking some pastors and possibly closing some branches is illogical and malicious!

Even if you are running a charity, there is need for judicious use of funds since such funds are not unlimited. A ministry with 5000 branches can decide to prune down to 4000 due to running costs. Churches with 100 or 200 worshippers may be merged together to form a 500 or 600 capacity church within the same locality, thus reducing running costs in pastor salaries, hall rentals, duplicity, etc without necessarily reducing membership strength. Now for someone to say such decision indicates a business mentality as opposed to a ministry is simply stupid.

People really need to think deeply before they talk and also evaluate what they read or hear. Some disgruntled people simply twist issues for selfish reasons.
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by Kobojunkiee: 1:02am On Jul 19, 2021
Babinski:

The assertion that Living Faith is a business and not a Ministry because they made a financial decision of cutting their losses by sacking some pastors and possibly closing some branches is illogical and malicious!

Even if you are running a charity, there is need for judicious use of funds since such funds are not unlimited. A ministry with 5000 branches can decide to prune down to 4000 due to running costs. Churches with 100 or 200 worshippers may be merged together to form a 500 or 600 capacity church within the same locality, thus reducing running costs in pastor salaries, hall rentals, duplicity, etc without necessarily reducing membership strength. Now for someone to say such decision indicates a business mentality as opposed to a ministry is simply stupid.

People really need to think deeply before they talk and also evaluate what they read or hear. Some disgruntled people simply twist issues for selfish reasons.
I no understand this one at all! undecided

You just finish taking us through your idea of how the business is run, come turn around say no be business at all? Wetin e come be? Party? undecided
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by Babinski: 8:12am On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I no understand this one at all! undecided

You just finish taking us through your idea of how the business is run, come turn around say no be business at all? Wetin e come be? Party? undecided

Every group or organization that involves money whether charity, business or non-profit is required to be accountable and render reports on judicous use of funds. Efficiency and effectiveness are not terms limited to business enterprises only. I specifically mentioned charity in my explanation and a charity is not a business enterpise because it is not profit oriented.
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by Kobojunkiee: 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
Babinski:

Every group or organization that involves money whether charity, business or non-profit is required to be accountable and render reports on judicous use of funds. Efficiency and effectiveness are not terms limited to business enterprises only. I specifically mentioned charity in my explanation and a charity is not a business enterpise because it is not profit oriented.
A nonprofit or charity is a business, registered, administered and managed as one. If you dont know this, call your local businesses administration office to ask. undecided

So when you are told that your churches are businesses no different from social clubs, it's a fact , not an insult. They are not registered with God but with the government of this world and ruled over as such. They are grown and experience growth in much the same way as businesses of this world are grow - nothing supernatural to it and they measure growth in exactly the same way as other businesses or corporations in this world do. undecided
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
I think they're only sacked to go out and fetch for money instead of using their certificates in theology as a means of survival! undecided
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2021
When men departs from the true Way, incidences like this is not a far cry from. Church was never a business venture, but of course the word of God must be fulfilled. "...Their belly is their God..."
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by Babinski: 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
A nonprofit or charity is a business, registered, administered and managed as one. If you dont know this, call your local businesses administration office to ask. undecided

So when you are told that your churches are businesses no different from social clubs, it's a fact , not an insult. They are not registered with God but with the government of this world and ruled over as such. They are grown and experience growth in much the same way as businesses of this world are grow - nothing supernatural to it and they measure growth in exactly the same way as other businesses or corporations in this world do. undecided

Please check the definitions of business below for better understanding. A charity is not a business!

A business is defined as an organization or enterprising entity engaged in commercial, industrial, or professional activities. ... The term "business" also refers to the organized efforts and activities of individuals to produce and sell goods and services for profit.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/business.asp

business. n. any activity or enterprise entered into for profit. It does not mean it is a company, a corporation, partnership, or has any such formal organization, but it can range from a street peddler to General Motors.

https://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=111
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by Kobojunkiee: 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2021
Babinski:

Please check the definitions of business below for better understanding. A charity is not a business!

A business is defined as an organization or enterprising entity engaged in commercial, industrial, or professional activities. ... The term "business" also refers to the organized efforts and activities of individuals to produce and sell goods and services for profit.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/business.asp

business. n. any activity or enterprise entered into for profit. It does not mean it is a company, a corporation, partnership, or has any such formal organization, but it can range from a street peddler to General Motors.

https://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=111
Make Google your friend abeg!

A nonprofit charity is a business entity
Re: I Saw This One Facebook, How True Is It? by Image123(m): 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2021
Entitlement mentality. Did the pastor think the house belongs to him? He doesn't want to pack with immediate effect, na wa oh. If he was transferred or promoted, no be immediate effect?

(1) (Reply)

Human anatomy / Let's Pray Together / God Is Not Interested In Making Christians Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.