Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,673 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 (20620 Views)

Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World / Nnamdi Kanu’s British Passport Is In Kenya - The Guardian UK / Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by Timijo(m): 8:54am On Jul 19, 2021
KenOne:

Oga this has nothing to do with who you elect rather the holders of the green passport what they do abroad. Hush puppy, Obiwanne Invictus, Yahoo boys and drug boys from the West/East those that know what I mean, and recently that irresponsible act of some Nigerians in UAE that led to butchering of themselves in the name of cult or gang war kept us like this. Nigerians act irresponsible abroad.
@op, mind the use of words next time by not making a generic statement. I may agree with you that there are some Nigerians who loose their minds abroad but not all Nigerians. So, it's better to say some Nigerians. We still have many responsible and hard working Nigerians abroad.
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by Born2conquer: 8:54am On Jul 19, 2021
Limassol:
countries plenty, na money matter.
Apart from student visa?
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by Grace001: 9:01am On Jul 19, 2021
izombie:
I would've left south Africa in 2019 but when I googled visa requirements for a nigerian passport holder to Greece I almost cried at the requirements. Then I googled the requirements for a south African passport holder to the same Greece and what they need is valid passport and bank statement.
That when I realised that traveling will be easier for me with a south African passport. I will become a citizen next year.

Your grandchild will forever be grateful to God through you. What you did it’s not about now, it’s for the future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by dhesmond(m): 9:08am On Jul 19, 2021
Worst news to start the day, but thank God I have already had a good news shaaaa...

But wait why we no kuku ma share this country make the name Nigeria varnish.. abi??
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:16am On Jul 19, 2021
tolue42:
It's very obvious people don't really know how this things works, Nigerians abroad misbehaving are part of the yardstick, but by the way, population is also against us. Which country will open their borders to over 200million population? Why is China , India, Indonesia ,Brazil etc are not part of the top countries?
You are ignorant about brazil. It's passport allows you to 172 countries visa free and it's ranked amongst the top 15. Brazil is a very good country.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by freshalien: 9:22am On Jul 19, 2021
KenOne:

Oga this has nothing to do with who you elect rather the holders of the green passport what they do abroad. Hush puppy, Obiwanne Invictus, Yahoo boys and drug boys from the West/East those that know what I mean, and recently that irresponsible act of some Nigerians in UAE that led to butchering of themselves in the name of cult or gang war kept us like this. Nigerians act irresponsible abroad.

I’m sure it is Nigerians abroad that still affected the standing of the Naira compared to the Dollar, Euro and Pounds. I am sure it is Nigerians abroad that made the ICC to reject the quota-system, unintelligent candidate sent by the Nigerian government to contest for the post of an ICC judge. I am sure it is Nigerians abroad that is the reason why as far back as 2013, Fulani herdsmen were already listed as a terrorist group by the United States of America. I am sure it is Nigerians abroad that are the reason why Boko Haram is known internationally for its terrorist activities.

The standing of a passport is not only reliant on the activities the countries citizens abroad. There are more Nigerians gainfully employed and engaged in other countries contributing to the societies they live in, living lawfully and paying their taxes. If they were to carry out this ranking based on that, our passport would definitely sit much higher. But the nation’s performance both domestically and internationally reflects on the decision of foreign countries to grant her citizens visa free entry which ultimately is the yardstick for this ranking.

Try and understand issues properly before making comments in order to avoid saying things based on your emotions and limited knowledge.
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by freshalien: 9:23am On Jul 19, 2021
KenOne:

shocked

I’m sure it is Nigerians abroad that still affected the standing of the Naira compared to the Dollar, Euro and Pounds. I am sure it is Nigerians abroad that made the ICC to reject the quota-system, unintelligent candidate sent by the Nigerian government to contest for the post of an ICC judge. I am sure it is Nigerians abroad that is the reason why as far back as 2013, Fulani herdsmen were already listed as a terrorist group by the United States of America. I am sure it is Nigerians abroad that are the reason why Boko Haram is known internationally for its terrorist activities.

The standing of a passport is not only reliant on the activities the countries citizens abroad. There are more Nigerians gainfully employed and engaged in other countries contributing to the societies they live in, living lawfully and paying their taxes. If they were to carry out this ranking based on that, our passport would definitely sit much higher. But the nation’s performance both domestically and internationally reflects on the decision of foreign countries to grant her citizens visa free entry which ultimately is the yardstick for this ranking.

Try and understand issues properly before making comments in order to avoid saying things based on your emotions and limited knowledge.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by pacespot(m): 9:29am On Jul 19, 2021
seunny4lif:
Nigeria passport?
Few years ago Nigeria passport is visa free to almost all Caribbean island and some South America but now? Nobody want Nigerians
Previous had a S/Leone passport and immigrations don’t stress me in any country and I transit in Lisbon without Visa while I dey always dey see the way same Immigration officers dey deny, harassed and embarrassed Nigeria passport holders angry angry.

Senegal passport get level pass Nigeria passport.
Hold Nigeria passport and be stopped, searched and harassed by immigration officers, policemen, Customs and cleaners at the airport of each country you pass.
A South Africa citizen don’t need a student visa to travel to Ireland while the so called giant of Africa can’t even get a visa date in peace.

In the next 5 years grin Nigeria passport no go fit even enter Lagos to Abuja grin cheesy grin and Nigerians go need visa to enter Benin Rep cheesy

Libya of Gadaffi used to be one of the best passport in Africa.

Libya passport is visa free to all South America, Malta and a lot of Europeans countries.
Libya is dead

Nigerians go dey shout ballers ballers yet dey go line up dey beg VO for original UAE Visa grin cheesy.
Same Visa someone with a permanent resident in the EU, USA, Canada and Russia can enter plane and visit anyhow cheesy

Nigeria is a case of empty drum which makes the loudest noise

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:45am On Jul 19, 2021
Penguin2:
What a useless piece of shit we call passport.

Imagine Madagascar, Zimbabwe and Mauritius ranking above Nigeria.

Zombies how una see am?

Mauritius passport enter all Europe and Asia
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by SOAG(m): 9:46am On Jul 19, 2021
izombie:
I would've left south Africa in 2019 but when I googled visa requirements for a nigerian passport holder to Greece I almost cried at the requirements. Then I googled the requirements for a south African passport holder to the same Greece and what they need is valid passport and bank statement.
That when I realised that traveling will be easier for me with a south African passport. I will become a citizen next year.

Bro how long will it take to get the south African citizenship or passport?
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by malcom1X: 9:54am On Jul 19, 2021
Nigeria beat only seven countries on the continent, namely Ethiopia (102nd), South Sudan (103rd), Eritrea and Democratic Republic of the Congo (104th), Sudan (106th), Libya (107th), and Somalia (111th)

These are conflict zones.
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by Gerrard59(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2021
tolue42:
It's very obvious people don't really know how this things works, Nigerians abroad misbehaving are part of the yardstick, but by the way, population is also against us. Which country will open their borders to over 200million population? Why is China , India, Indonesia ,Brazil etc are not part of the top countries?

Apart from Brazil which is visa free to more 170 countries (way more than any African country), the rest have had their visa free statuses improving while Nigeria's declined. Simply because those countries got richer while Nigeria became poorer..

No one gives visa free access to poor people, it is not done anywhere.
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by Gerrard59(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2021
freshalien:

shocked

Not true. India's passport is visa free to 58 countries yet Indians in the diaspora are noted to be law abiders and high income workers. It boils down to economics, the more India as a country with Indians in India become richer, she would rise up the ranks.
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by MrBONE2(m): 10:30am On Jul 19, 2021
MrPsalmist:
Buhari and all his supporters are useless, all of them angry
cheesy

Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by MrBONE2(m): 10:31am On Jul 19, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
thunder fire Buhari
cheesy

Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by seunny4lif(m): 10:35am On Jul 19, 2021
tolue42:
Is internet had for you to use?
Brazil and USA has more populations than Nigeria and their passports are one of the best in the world.
China and India can travel to almost all over the world for free and easy visa access

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by seunny4lif(m): 10:36am On Jul 19, 2021
pacespot:

Nigeria is a case of empty drum which makes the loudest noise
Yes
That’s Nigeria for you
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by Bigsunny01(m): 11:25am On Jul 19, 2021
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by syva16447(m): 11:30am On Jul 19, 2021
Finally I am in 81 instead of 101
Work smart not hard
1year in Uganda
Ugandan passport holder
Ugandan national ID card holder
Ugandan local language speaker
I pity those guys travelling with Nigerian documents
Inbox me on Whatsapp if you have what it takes to change your identity
+256781596756
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by gforce5: 11:33am On Jul 19, 2021
Thank you! Finally, a like-minded person in this forum is saying it as it is! It's not about the money but the ability to travel anywhere without stress. What's the point of making money if you are continuously harassed by Immigration officials abroad because of the passport you carry? Foreign countries don't give a damn about your money but Nigerians don't get it! It's about not limiting yourself to Nigeria. The world is a global village. Having dual nationality doesn't mean that you have to live abroad. Nigerians are really short-sighted.
Grace001:

To some it’s all about making money, I see them as people who only think about now but not about the future. Leaving this shithole isn’t about money, it’s about giving your kids/unborn kids a nationality of a better country, where they can become whoever they want to be without knowing anybody. Going through hell to get a job after NYSC

Not everyone fancy traveling out of Nigeria, but don’t discourage others with that nonsense crap “you can make money in Nigeria”

But some mumu will be discouraging people saying you can make money, as if everything is about money. Your grandchildren will curse you even in your grave if they know you have the means to give them a saner country nationality but you refuse to do so because of your selfish act.

Even politicians are taking this path, making sure their wards have a sane country nationality, but continue to fool yourself by that crap “you can make money in Nigeria” you’d be begging to get a visa for vacation with all the money you’ve got

Only the wise can understand this

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by Callisto1(m): 11:42am On Jul 19, 2021
The most annoying thing is the stress you pass through to get it. Plus having to sort a lot of corrupt immigration personnel
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
KenOne:

God bless you brother you are among the 10% that are sensible on this forum
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by onyeogalu1(m): 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2021
Penguin2:
What a useless piece of shit we call passport.

Imagine Madagascar, Zimbabwe and Mauritius ranking above Nigeria.

Zombies how una see am?

The only country that is below Nigeria in alot of development index in the ones you mentioned is Zimbabwe.
The other two no be child's play.
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by gforce5: 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2021
Stop quoting that ignoramus. That clown has never left the shores of Nigeria. You will need therapy after reading a lot of his posts which are mere jargons. Europeans travel more than anyone in the world especially before the pandemic. Flights within Europe are cheap and competitive if you book on time. When I was a student in the UK, i knew quite a few EU students who used to travel to their own countries every weekend. How many Nigerian students can afford to do that? Only the rich kids could afford it.
seunny4lif:

From Italy to Spain to Germany down to Senegal, Morocco and Greece, how many Nigerians are there for holiday?

You think Nigerians travel more on holiday than the Europeans?
You must be high
Russians travel on summer holidays and spend more money on holidays than Nigerians.
Only small break Russia government announced about Russians not going to Turkey on holiday almost completely knock off Turkish Tourism industries.
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by seunny4lif(m): 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2021
I don see say the guy no know anything.

The only holiday an average Nigerians know is going to village or travelling to our family member for summer holidays.
Here Secondary students go on summer holiday to anywhere in the world and it’s cheap for them grin
gforce5:
Stop quoting that ignoramus. That clown has never left the shores of Nigeria. You will need therapy after reading a lot of his posts which are mere jargons. Europeans travel more than anyone in the world especially before the pandemic. Flights within Europe are cheap and competitive if you book on time. When I was a student in the UK, i knew quite a few EU students who used to travel to their own countries every weekend. How many Nigerian students can afford to do that? Only the rich kids could afford it.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by WebSurfer(m): 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
Limassol:
i was struck by that too! Mauritius is the 2nd most developed country in Africa, to compare it to Nigeria is height of ignorance.

They don’t travel so they’ll never know.
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by Benrosaria(m): 1:13pm On Jul 19, 2021
johnmartus:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/07/18/nigerian-passport-ranks-101-among-199-countries-behind-togo-chad-others

The other 89 “passported countries” are the countries that produce their own passports “locally”
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by Lordhades21(m): 1:14pm On Jul 19, 2021
Na terrorist countries them rank us with... Na wa ooo

Contact me for all photo edits, logos and graphic designs whatsapp : 09060471616. Thanks for your time.
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 19, 2021
Badgers14:
Giant of Africa grin
. This is why grin

Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by FakeUnity: 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
If una get sense, una go divide the country make everybody go start afresh.
Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by Sincinnati: 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
Such a Disgrace.

PMB may hustle further to ensure it gets to 200 thinking it's the amount of Loan, IMF will grant you in Billions of Dollars if you score the highest.

Re: The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 by oyejole(m): 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
What a useless ranking by Sahara or whosoever I know Sahara can edit it just to ridicule Buhari government.

"can" but they did not. Or are you saying they did?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Absent As Atiku Meets PDP Presidential Aspirants In Abuja / Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu / EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.