Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World (23162 Views)

My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso / Nigeria’s Election Badly Flawed, INEC Failed, Says Financial Times Of London / Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by plaindealer: 5:22am On Aug 18, 2022
2. Lagos, Nigeria

Nigeria’s largest city is ranked 171 out of 172 countries surveyed by the EIU. Its position is still the same compared to last year, which is in the second rank of the most uninhabitable cities.

As stated earlier, the factors that weigh on this city are war, conflict, and terrorism. However, Lagos’ total score rose from 31.2 points last year, to 32.2 points.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/indonesia.postsen.com/world/amp/65741

grin

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Mynd44: 5:26am On Aug 18, 2022
That entire report is on the south side of intelligent

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by plaindealer: 5:29am On Aug 18, 2022
So, they've been peddling this rubbish all over the place even with the help of ignorant, unintelligent and unpatriotic Nigerians.

There's never been any war, conflict or acts of terrorism in Lagos state, in fact, it's the safest state in Nigeria.

Are they talking about the Lagos in Nigeria, their own made up story, Imaginary Lagos or just rubbish put together to sell internet clicks?

268 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Wintertime: 5:30am On Aug 18, 2022
Rubbish.. I wonder how people claim their
Look at how a tribe threatened non-indigine(non Yorubas) in Lagos

This country should just quickly divide

All those useless fat idiotic leaders from the Niger Delta region suppose to speed up infrastructure ..

Fvck 13% allocation,

Fvck the stupid pauper leaders of the Niger Delta

Fvck one Nigeria

God bless Niger Delta

God bless Biafra

I don't live in Lagos please quote me with experience in Lagos

1. Noted
Bobloco:
Tinubu brought Agbero to Lagos by empowering characters like MC oluomo and co

Agberoism is synonymous with conflicts

So the report is right

Lagos is the second most unliveable city in the world all because of Tinubu

If Tinubu becomes the president of Nigeria, Nigeria will become second most unliveable country in the world

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by smartxyz(m): 5:30am On Aug 18, 2022
Terrorism??... Habaaa ... Lagos is just too toxic

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by SmartPolician: 5:30am On Aug 18, 2022
I guess the idiots who did the ranking did it from their kitchens while making omelette or on top of their wives in the oza room without knowing where the city is because those factors show that they know ZILCH about Lagos. undecided

On a serious note, I think it's because of Nigerians who seek asylum in foreign countries using Boko Haram terrorism as excuse. If you see what fellow Nigerians say out there just to get work permit outside this country, you will understand why Nigeria has no good image.

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by tiswell(m): 5:30am On Aug 18, 2022
Lagos is simply overrated

Don't get it twisted

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Ballzproblemm: 5:30am On Aug 18, 2022
undecided overrated slum ,that happened to be our capital once ,hence the small development ,na wetin ndi sophistication dey use brag. , mtcheww

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Btruth: 5:30am On Aug 18, 2022
Hummm

2 Likes

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by chimpad: 5:31am On Aug 18, 2022
F

2 Likes

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by SimplyAJ(m): 5:31am On Aug 18, 2022
No war or terrorism in Lagos, but it's still quite unhabitable.
The different kinds of pollution alone is enough. Then the flooding, traffic and different levels of madness from its inhabitants.
There's also kidnapping too, making it not so safe a place to live.
But as a hustler or if you wan blow, sometimes na Lagos you gatz dey

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Gbotun(m): 5:31am On Aug 18, 2022
War, conflict and terrorism in Lagos?
These people are delusional!!!

Though,personally I can't live in Lagos but the ranking no be here. Those reasons abi excuse they gave for that poor ranking is too outrageous.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Femiwilli: 5:31am On Aug 18, 2022
The Lagos that Tinubu owns?

If care is not taken he will end up buying the whole nija

2 Likes

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by jasminer: 5:32am On Aug 18, 2022
Are cities from Ukraine, Afghanistan, Yemen, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand, Palestine, Libya, Somalia, Mali, Central African Republic etc on that list? Cus I refuse to believe that any of these countries are ranked above Nigeria on grounds of terrorism.

Oh, I remember now, their leaders won't agree with such a report and Will do everything it takes to rank their country higher to give their country a good image.

Maybe if it was Niger that was ranked 171 out of 172, our leaders would have been concerned. smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Umunze1stSon(m): 5:32am On Aug 18, 2022
If the ranking was based on terrorism, conflict and war, then it is totally flawed and baseless. Unless they used the entire country as a case study, which is unlikely.

Between Lagos and Kabul
Or
Lagos and Tehran, which is more habitable?

Dhaka in Bangladash and most cities in India and Pakistan are more disorganized, roudy and choatic than Lagos.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Kurumaru: 5:33am On Aug 18, 2022
This is what u get when our government makes our country unattractive to foreigners, hearsays and wrong assumptions will fly in the air...

3 Likes

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Karlovych: 5:33am On Aug 18, 2022
embarassed It's unliveable due to agbado urchins that rob people steadily, As a Yoruba man from Lagos, it's despicable what the Iragbiji immigrant has done to my beloved home state, spits

8 Likes

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Nobody: 5:33am On Aug 18, 2022
LAGOS IS THE WORST CITY ON EARTH.

MOSQUITO Alone in that state is as big as a Bird.

its in lagos i found out mosquito can actually eat through your window net just to bite u.

Sniper dont work on them

136 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Adedotguy: 5:33am On Aug 18, 2022
cool shocked
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by mascot87(m): 5:33am On Aug 18, 2022
So this people are actually stupid people. To even see the yardstick for ranking Lagos that low means that they got something wrong going on in there brain.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by OkCornel(m): 5:33am On Aug 18, 2022
For EIU, Evaluate the methodology behind the ranking.

See the one from Forbes.

Expatriates are unhappy with
1. Lack of a proper public transport system.
2. Insecurity - No personal safety.
3. Political stability.

Handiwork of agberos and other unscrupulous elements, especially on point 2.

On point 1, hold the government responsible. Even point 2 & 3 too.

9 Likes

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by nastyesco(m): 5:35am On Aug 18, 2022
These rubbishing indexes all over the internet. Lagos is liveable, where do cities like Bangkok, Delhi rank on it. Its high time we also start producing our own rankings.

I dedicate this post to my ex-girlfriend Labake, I go to bed praying your husband leaves you or japa and gets stuck abroad so I can continue harvesting you grin smiley

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Zane2point4(m): 5:35am On Aug 18, 2022
shocked
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by mascot87(m): 5:35am On Aug 18, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
LAGOS IS THE WORST STATE ON EARTH

Yet your family people are travelling in there millions to Lagos for the purpose of selling gala and spare parts.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Fira09(m): 5:36am On Aug 18, 2022
Mynd44:
That entire report is on the south side of intelligent

Lies undecided
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Oracleforce: 5:37am On Aug 18, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
LAGOS IS THE WORST STATE ON EARTH

We know where your type is from...
Son of haters..and if you look around some of your family still live in lagos state...

Senseless comments

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Stanislause94: 5:37am On Aug 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by awa(m): 5:37am On Aug 18, 2022
Some Folks won't like this report. Their ego has once again been deflected. Who doesn't know that Lagos is overrated? Well, in the land of the Blinds, a one eye man is often the King. Make they leave Lagos oooo

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Again, G-5 meet in London / Countries Complaining About Nigeria’s Multiple Foreign Exchange Rates – Iweala / 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.