Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

U.s. Gives Nigeria Refurbished 1968 Warship - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.s. Gives Nigeria Refurbished 1968 Warship (8592 Views)

Switzerland Gives Nigeria Conditions For Returning $321m Abacha Loot / Unseen Photo Of Captain And Crew On Board Nigerian Warship NNS Thunder F90 / Photos Of Norwegian Warship Allegedly Bought By Tompolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.s. Gives Nigeria Refurbished 1968 Warship by Mariory(m): 9:37pm On May 12, 2011
playmode:

So the USA is GOD now that no one can refuse a gift from them.This is the servant boy mentality i hate about Nigerians.Why do we always idolize everything western.They tell to sit ,we sit ,they tell us to cough ,we cough.Yikes no wonder Africa is so backward.

When will we learn to grow balls like the Arab world who tells the west to stuff it? Have you ever asked your self why they is no black nation that is progressive in the world? Look at Liberia , Sierra leone e.t.c The westerners come cause havoc ,supply weapons and the dumb darkies will kill each other to kingdom come.The only thing black countries are good at is begging for handouts.We do not try to build our nation ourselves,we always want one western country to helps us financially or otherwise.

It is the same mentality that made IBB borrow money from IMF and sink our nation in to pit of excreta it is now.

Ramifications my yansh ,so if the USA dashes us nuclear bombs ,we should also accept it with open arms? It is you who should think before you post.

Can't believe I'm reading such drivel in a non-tribal thread. That last paragraph is just out of this world. Good luck to whoever is attempting to educate you. They're going to need it.
Re: U.s. Gives Nigeria Refurbished 1968 Warship by 10cirenoh: 9:39pm On May 12, 2011
Can that boat be used to re-ignite the fishing industry in the Niger delta? with such boat, we can recruits all the militants into the fishing industry and GEJ the fisherman can head the industry just like he headed the "invisible" power industry.
Re: U.s. Gives Nigeria Refurbished 1968 Warship by playmode(m): 9:48pm On May 12, 2011
Mariory:

Can't believe I'm reading such drivel in a non-tribal thread. That last paragraph is just out of this world. Good luck to whoever is attempting to educate you. They're going to need it.

^^^maybe you should read what you just wrote and facepalm yourself again  grin . Obviously you are a clown who is not interested in engaging me,instead you are posting dodgy comments.If you are sure i know not what i talk about,why don't you educate me Teasher!  grin .

I hope you are not hoping to captain that pangolo ship that you are drooling over   shocked

10cirenoh:

Can that boat be used to re-ignite the fishing industry in the Niger delta? with such boat, we can recruits all the militants into the fishing industry and GEJ the fisherman can head the industry just like he headed the "invisible" power industry.

^^^^Nice one  grin ! GEJ will become the commander in chief of the Naval fishermen.
Re: U.s. Gives Nigeria Refurbished 1968 Warship by homerac7: 9:56pm On May 12, 2011
Na wa for ds dimwits dem for nairaland o. No b same Obasanjo wey someone dey try exempt accept d earlier three ships Clinton promised when he visited as president? Y all d noise abt old ship or not? B4 US dash us ship, when ws d last time we bought one? Is it goin to b useful to us or not? I think u guys shld go slow and probably get a copy of IISS Military Balance 2010 and see d condition of Nigeria military, den una go stop to dey yarn ds okpata.

Thank u US!
Re: U.s. Gives Nigeria Refurbished 1968 Warship by Mariory(m): 10:03pm On May 12, 2011
playmode:

blah. . .blah. . .blah. . .*pixel noise*. . .

I hope you are not hoping to captain that pangolo ship that you are drooling over   shocked

It's true what they say. Ignorance is bliss.
Re: U.s. Gives Nigeria Refurbished 1968 Warship by dustydee: 10:04pm On May 12, 2011
Thank US and when we are through we will dash cameroon. grin
Re: U.s. Gives Nigeria Refurbished 1968 Warship by rockiedink(m): 4:13am On May 25, 2011
homerac7:

Too many ignorants on loose on nairaland. Go check d commisioning dates of d air craft carriers of India and Brazil then come back and tell me what age has got to do wt their wellbeings. US Enterprise led d war against Afghanistan and Iraq, how old/new is it? Many other countries get such military aids frm d US and Nigeria's is no exceptional. Even China gets such frm Russia.

BTW, how r d brand new Chengdu fighter planed frn China doing?

You don't know!!! shocked shocked shocked

Two have crashed na!!! One of the trainers and another of the fighters. . .within 2 months. . .

I still wonder why they chose the Chengdu J-7 fighter-introduced in the 1960s and mass produced in the 1980s with production stopping in 2008; very outdated design, armament and airframe. Reminiscent of the Russian MiG-21s of yore! Incidentally we paid $220 million for 15 F-7 fighters; thats about $14.67million per plane.

When there were more modern options to chose from.

Chengdu J-10 Fighter

Chengdu JF-17 fighter introduced in 2007

Incidentally the JF-17 Fighter has a unit cost of $15million. So why no just buy the more modern option!!! Besides, for thouse who know airforce fighter terminology, the F-7 fighter is just a third-generation interceptor while the JF-17 is a fourth-generation multirole fighter. . . in plain layman's terms, its like saying Nigeria went to buy a tokunbo car and could have bought the 2005 Mercedes E-Class but instead settled for a 1984 Mercedes 190. Now isn't that stupid!!! angry angry angry
Anyway, like someone said, how many war we wan fight before our opponents rubbish us! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria May Lose N985b In Oil Revenue This Year -pwc / Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 / War On Terrorism: India Pledges To Train Nigerian Security - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.