Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks Pastor: Biblical View - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks Pastor: Biblical View (575 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) / RCCG Sacks Pastor Over Alleged Adultery / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks Pastor: Biblical View by kfasian: 9:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
There is this trending video that a young pastor is seen narrating on how he was sacked by Living Faith Church aka Winners Chapel and the video has generated a lot of reactions with many insulting the Head man of God behind the church; Bishop David Oyedepo.

I'm not a member of Winner's Chapel; Hence I'm not responding on their behalf. But I want to go back to the Scriptures and take a Biblical look at the actions of the church. Let's establish weather the church is right or wrong in taking such a decision.

I will also enjoin us to bring up Superior arguments whenever we argue on issues like this. We should try to be objective in our argument. Not just because a story is trending, we jump on it and spread more propaganda than the truth.

Let's take an objective look at this case now:

(1). A church spends money to hire an Auditorium for the purpose of Worship and Evangelism.

(2). The church spends another huge sum to hire a pastor. Spends money to train him. Hire an accommodation for him. Pays him salary for 1 full year. Gives him stipend as impress allowances monthly to use in running the church.

(3). Now The Year is ended. All bills have to be paid. Rents must be renewed. (Both church hall and pastor's flat). Plus all other expenses.

(4). Pastor/Employee is unable to raise the funds for these payments. Nothing to show for that he has been working and also that he is committed to the job he signed up for.

(4). The church in her wisdom decides to disengage such a pastor/employee. And in some cases shut down such a branch; probably to avoid running into debts.

Let's look at some possibilities:

(i). It's either the pastor just went there and slept off in laziness without doing Evangelism which is The Hallmark of any Christian venture. Just like a student who plays around during school sessions forgetting that Examination period is coming. And the results will show. Someone might say; "But he is winning souls..." That's talking trash... I am a pastor; and I can tell you that there is nowhere a church will be winning souls and it doesn't reflect on the income of the church. There are Ratios of church growth to church income that are applied in church growth evaluation depending on the location of the church.

(ii). It's either the pastor in question had been telling lies by not declaring the actual account of the church. But rather keeps on inflating the number of souls not knowing that the two must have a way to tally.

(iii). Maybe; I said maybe; The pastor in question must have been tampering with the church accounts by not declaring all income; But rather stealing from it not knowing that payback time is coming. Don't be surprise to hear this. Judas did it and it was recorded against him.

John 12:6
"...Not that he cared for the poor—he was a thief, and since he was in charge of the disciples’ money, he often stole some for himself...".

Now to the real Question... Is it right for the church to Release him..?

I WILL SAY CAPITAL YES..!

Let's look at the Scriptures.

(1). Jesus had always been against unproductivity. While teaching; He said, whatever branch that bears no fruits must be cut off.

John 15: 2

"...Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit..."

(2). The only time that Jesus laid curses was due to the case of unproductivity. The Bible says He was hungry and went to the fig tree so He can pluck some of its fruits and eat... Only to go there and find nothing. The tree bore no fruits. Jesus was not happy... And to show this; He cursed the tree.

Mathew 21:19
"...Jesus went over to see if there were any figs, but there were only leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” And immediately the fig tree withered up...".

(3). Jesus has always been against laziness and slothfulness. In *Mathew 25* He gave a parable of a master who distributed talents to 3 of his subordinates. One got 5, another got 2, and another got 1. On His return; Accounts were submitted and stocks taken (just like Winners chapel did) and surprisingly; The one that got one came up with stories just like the pastor in question. He tried to play the victim. But master did the unthinkable. He called him *"wicked servant"* and above all *HE SACKED HIM.* He collected the one he had and gave it to the person who already had 10 already.

Mathew 25:26-27

“...But the master replied, ‘You wicked and lazy servant! If you knew I harvested crops I didn’t plant and gathered crops I didn’t cultivate, Jesus gave a parable...".

Verse 28 says:

"...Take therefore the one talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.."

In conclusion:

In conclusion; I will say there's absolutely NO WRONG in what the man of God did. Everything he did is scriptural and in line with Leadership qualities, especially in the Household of God.

Few Things to Note Also:

(1). The young man in question is still a member of the church as no one ever asked him to leave the church. Humbly, he can still remain in church and find something else to do as a source of income.

(2). If it is true that he was winning souls; fine, let him continue to win his souls and heaven will reward him. The only difference here is that the church will not pay him again.

(3). If actually God called him; Then he still remains a pastor and can actually still serve God anywhere else where his efforts will be appreciated more. Winners Chapel gave him a platform which he started from. He should not castigate that platform that he once enjoyed. He should appreciate them; Thank them for an opportunity to serve and then move on. That can never be the end of his life. He should be careful not to sow wrong seeds by castigating the church; as What you sow... You will also reap same.

That's my take on this.

Thanks a million..!

#PastorAsian..!
Re: Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks Pastor: Biblical View by bamysquare(m): 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
[b][/b]Very insightful and concised. ... I completely agree with you.
From his video he lacks the quality of a good pastor or leader. That's not even the template Christ gave us on conflict resolutions
pk65:
You're a wise man ... May God increase your wisdom and grace upon your life
Very insightful and concised. ... I completely agree with you.
From his video he lacks the quality of a good pastor or leader. That's not even the template Christ gave us on conflict resolutions
Re: Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks Pastor: Biblical View by viyon02: 10:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
Both op and oyedepo are all elements of darkness, so church has turn to business centre where you make profit abi? By their fruits we shall know them, by now if anyone here still believe in that old vulture then, you must be suffering from total damage of the cerebrum. What about all the wealth he has accumulated from the innocent member? He uses their money to build schools and buy private jet. Even God will never forgive him for all his inquities, let him come out and tell the world he is into business period, untill then he is a devil. May God deliver his church members and open their eyes.
Re: Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks Pastor: Biblical View by kfasian: 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
viyon02:
Both op and oyedepo are all elements of darkness, so church has turn to business centre where you make profit abi? By their fruits we shall know them, by now if anyone here still believe in that old vulture then, you must be suffering from total damage of the cerebrum. What about all the wealth he has accumulated from the innocent member? He uses their money to build schools and buy private jet. Even God will never forgive him for all his inquities, let him come out and tell the world he is into business period, untill then he is a devil. May God deliver his church members and open their eyes.

We don't need rantings here... All we need is a Superior argument..! You don't have to abuse the op... Just come up with your Superior argument here.
Re: Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks Pastor: Biblical View by kfasian: 11:24am On Jul 20, 2021
Only scriptural and superior arguments needed please...

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Explain This Bible Verses / Does the Bible imply that Believing In Jesus Authomatically Makes OneSaved? / HELP ME!!! I CANT SLEEP OVER THIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.