Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,261 members, 7,954,015 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:55 AM

Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth (72160 Views)

Prophetic Picture Of The Year 2023 By Daniel Olukoya (G.O Mfm Worldwide) / Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence / 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by THEWRITERSMIND: 7:05am On Jul 21, 2021
jeff1607:

The beautiful books and magazines you grew up reading that made you awe while growing up as a child was given by who? The book of bible stories nko? The free Bible that were shared was donated by people from all over the world. One way or the other jehovah witnesses influence or touched people all over the world.

Is that why they launched a crowd funding website grin

Besides they have already scored an own goal by calling themselves false messengers below:

“Jehovah God is the Grand Identifier of his true messengers. He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true. Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers. How does he expose them? He frustrates their signs and predictions. In this way he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning – yes, their own fleshly thinking!” (Watchtower, 1997 May 1, pg. 8 ).

Anyone thinking this is made to discredit JWs should confirm from the link to their online library

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1997323
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by lavylilly: 9:13am On Jul 21, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 21, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
It's a shame but not a surprise that a senior pastor of winner's chapel doesn't know what it mean to bear fruits in the Kingdom sense of the phrase, how much more those who they lead?

Even John the baptist of the Law and the prophets knew what it meant to bear fruits. He said to the Pharisees:

Luke 3:8-9 (KJV)

Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

So the fruits in question are the good fruits (proof) of true repentance, in other words, evidence to show that one has truly repented, hence it's if one doesn't have such evidence or the good fruits (proof) of true repentance that the axe would be laid to the root of that tree to bring it down and it would be cast into the fire, which is an illustration of eternal damnation.

But what are these good fruits one needs to bear so as not to suffer such a fate?

Luke 3:10-14 (KJV)

And the people asked him, saying, What shall we do then?
He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.
Then came also publicans to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, what shall we do?
And he said unto them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you.
And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

So according to John the Baptist, it has to do with the works of righteousness and obedience of God's Word.

This aligned with Christ's parable of the sower where the seed which is the Word of God is sown into people's heart, and it's when they keep the Word that they are said to have borne fruits.

Luke 8:11 (KJV)

Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Luke 8:15 (KJV)

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

So as you can see, bearing fruits had nothing to do with growth of church membership but the spiritual growth of an individual, which is evidenced by the works of righteousness and obedience of God's Word.

Hence one can still be having strong church membership growth and yet not be bearing fruits according to what it actually means to bear fruits, because the person is a worker of iniquity and not keeping God's Word.

That's how the axe was yet laid to the roots of the trees of those many anointed ministers and Christians who worked of iniquity Jesus spoke about, despite that their church membership would have grown tremendously because of the signs and wonders that followed them, because to bear fruits means keep the Word of God and that they didn't do.

God bless.

Most "men of God" I've read in Nigeria are confused and confusing their members (deliberately or otherwise) that bearing fruits means bringing more people to church, when the Bible talked about fruits of the spirit, which means positive changes in one's life after accepting Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Pat081: 10:15am On Jul 21, 2021
So Mr Pastor what of the rest
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by NobleRace: 10:16am On Jul 21, 2021
Yinkusgold:

"go to high places and preach the gospel bring people in" doesn't mean they should come to ur church i believe may be r.c.c.g or any

Yes, you're right. However, bringing people to church is one of the strategies for getting them edified and ground in the faith.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by gly(m): 10:47am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
He asked you to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the world. So you tell me how to connect to winning of souls please. undecided

I advise you again; beware of heresy
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by gly(m): 11:04am On Jul 21, 2021
[quote author=Yinkusgold post=103921021]
u are a big dissapointment by saying d pastors r d ones who fabricated d crown & reward lesson & not in d bible.
if u are a true bible reader & you don't only quote what suit u, then read these passages from d bible u quote from.
REWARD : Mark 10 : 29 - 30, Rev 2 : 23, Rev 22 : 12, 1 Corin 3 : 8
CROWN James 1 : 12, Rev 2 : 10, 1Cori 9 : 25, 2Timot 4 : 8, 1 Peter 5 : 2 - 4, Thes 2 :11, Phil 4 : 1
even common sense will study people & reward them accordingly.
only jokers tk God as robot

Please tell him more. He is ignorant of these Bible passages.
He keeps quoting what suites him; thank God that God is not man.
Even a 10 year old child knows there is a reward at the end of a term in his or her school not to talk of @kobojunkie who knows we are going back for accountability after our short stay on Earth. Stop deceiving people @kobojunkie. Some million baby Christians are reading your post. Beware of this. God bless us

1 Like

Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Image123(m): 11:38am On Jul 21, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Most "men of God" I've read in Nigeria are confused and confusing their members (deliberately or otherwise) that bearing fruits means bringing more people to church, when the Bible talked about fruits of the spirit, which means positive changes in one's life after accepting Christ.

Soul winning is an integral part of bearing fruits. Ask the devil.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Image123(m): 11:40am On Jul 21, 2021
gly:

He is heresy personified, you can't tell him to beware of himself. Just leave it.

1 Like

Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

You're absolutely right.

It's just a shame to have such men who don't even know what bearing fruit means, as leaders in the church.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 was mentioned by me to show that God Himself said this of Jesus Christ, His New Covenant Law. undecided

There's nothing wrong about quoting the Word of God - Matthew 4 vs 4 - since Jesus Christ is God's own Law after all.

Please go ahead and quote what you wish

who wrote Jeremiah? is it not men? u may argue it's through God's inspiration?
so the christ's apostle who were set loose from the captive miraculously were not possessed of the holy spirit? Jesus said he would send a comforter to them.
and if their teaching is inspired of the holy spirit we should discard it? this is ridiculous! Just to be moderate because i am really mad at this. then cut of psalms, proverbs, ecclestiates, act of apostle from ur bible and be looking 4 where God or Jesus speaks directly.
this is bullock!
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
Image123:

Soul winning is an integral part of bearing fruits. Ask the devil.

No it's not. I always ask my Bible, not the devil. I think you should ask your Bible too.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2021
Yinkusgold:

who wrote Jeremiah? is it not men? u may argue it's through God's inspiration?
so the christ's apostle who were set loose from the captive miraculously were not possessed of the holy spirit? Jesus said he would send a comforter to them.
and if their teaching is inspired of the holy spirit we should discard it? this is ridiculous! Just to be moderate because i am really mad at this. then cut of psalms, proverbs, ecclestiates, act of apostle from ur bible and be looking 4 where God or Jesus speaks directly.
this is bullock!
I am perfectly Ok with you believing it is all bullocks! undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Image123(m): 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

No it's not. I always ask my Bible, not the devil. I think you should ask your Bible too.

You should have seen it so clearly in the Bible, that's why I told you to check another source. When you see the way the devil is destroying souls, you'll probably understand the need for soul winning.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't believe you are following this conversation at all. undecided

My one and only Shepherd, Teacher, Master, Leader, Father, Helper etc. Is God and God alone - It is He alone that I obey. undecided

I don't read my bible regularly because like I said, I have God as my Teacher so my Trust is not in the Bible but in God. I instead exist in continual obedience of the teachings and comandments/rules of Jesus Christ, as led by God. undecided

it seems u just react 2 post with no recourse to what d post is reacting to.
my quote was 2 a response which says "can u serve two masters" why must you listen to pastor b4 u preach!? pls go back to what the post was reacting to. and you will always give senseless accusation.
if u like don't read ur bible regularly and still be quoting from it, but allow the scholars.
if u like talk 2 your god directly it is ur business.
d commandments, obedience, u may have ur books apart from d bible where u read them from.
that's ur biz.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by gly(m): 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2021
Image123:

He is heresy personified, you can't tell him to beware of himself. Just leave it.

Many thanks brother

2 Likes

Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2021
Image123:

You should have seen it so clearly in the Bible, that's why I told you to check another source. When you see the way the devil is destroying souls, you'll probably understand the need for soul winning.

Really? What book, chapter or verse is it stated that soul winning is a part of fruit bearing? I definitely didn't see it as part of the fruits of the spirit in Galatians 5.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2021
Yinkusgold:

it seems u just react 2 post with no recourse to what d post is reacting to.
my quote was 2 a response which says "can u serve two masters" why must you listen to pastor b4 u preach!? pls go back to what the post was reacting to. and you will always give senseless accusation.
if u like don't read ur bible regularly and still be quoting from it, but allow the scholars.
if u like talk 2 your god directly it is ur business.
d commandments, obedience, u may have ur books apart from d bible where u read them from.
that's ur biz.
Ok undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Pay close attention to what I said please.... I wish you would open your eyes to see that none of those verses you quoted tell you of anything different from what I said which is that there is no special reward or crown, in Heaven, given to you for soul winning.

if u can reason properly, and open both physical and your inner mind, u will realize that those bible passages speak a lot without being specific of which and which, since there are multiple tasks to carry out.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
Image123:

Seems you're confused about something. So, what part of "soul winning is not part of fruit bearing" sounds like "there no need for soul winning" to you? I still can't get your logic. So soul winning is part of gifts of the spirit too, since there is a great need for it?
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 1:56pm On Jul 21, 2021
Yinkusgold:

if u can reason properly, and open both physical and your inner mind, u will realize that those bible passages speak a lot without being specific of which and which, since there are multiple tasks to carry out.
Again, the doctrine of "soul winning" is of the doctrines and traditions of men and is not of Jesus Christ since Jesus Christ never taught such to His disciples nor did He promise anyone special rewards or crowns for "soul winning" undecided

All doctrines and traditions of men are considered an abomination to God and hence against God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14.

However, it is your choice to continue in following doctrine and tradition of men.. the choice is yours. undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2021
gly:

Please tell him more. He is ignorant of these Bible passages.
He keeps quoting what suites him; thank God that God is not man.
Even a 10 year old child knows there is a reward at the end of a term in his or her school not to talk of @kobojunkie who knows we are going back for accountability after our short stay on Earth. Stop deceiving people @kobojunkie. Some million baby Christians are reading your post. Beware of this. God bless us.
If there is something in particular that you are having troubles understanding, point it out. undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
gly:

Heresy here also refers to that which was not taught by Jesus Christ but is preached by men in his name in an attempt to justify it. undecided

I am aware and against all doctrines and traditions of men,including the doctrine of soul winning, all of which Jesus Christ declared are abominations against God Himself - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14. undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are ofcourse free to follow whatever rules you want to follow for your case. undecided

I have just gotten used to doing things as stipulated by God since it is by His Word we will be judged at the end. undecided

yes! u too can follow ur own rules.
it doesn't rule out the repetitive nature of the gospel.
let's state it the way it is.
dogmatism is a problem with religion, religious people will defend blindly the good and the error.
they will encourage child marriage and pass across all sort of anomalies.

"u've gotten used to doing things as stipulated by your god, since only through him we shall be judged" as if it's through ur belief or ur doctrine will the world be judged.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2021
Yinkusgold:

yes! u too can follow ur own rules.
it doesn't rule out the repetitive nature of the gospel.
let's state it the way it is.
dogmatism is a problem with religion, religious people will defend blindly the good and the error.
they will encourage child marriage and pass across all sort of anomalies.

"u've gotten used to doing things as stipulated by your god, since only through him we shall be judged" as if it's through ur belief or ur doctrine will the world be judged.
Ok. undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am having a hard time understanding what you are saying. undecided

What has God's declaration that He alone will Teach those who belong to Him to do with our obeying God's commandment to us which is that we go out and preach/advertise the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the world? undecided

u forget easily! and that's a problem with retention.
we were discussing preaching/soul -winning and u brought those verses to achieve what exactly "he alone will teach those who belong to him" what is the essence of those verses? are u suggesting our teaching or preaching mission is academic? how do you even know who belong to God on the surface? ogbeni! preach for the sole purpose of soul winning and leave any other long stories.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2021
NobleRace:

Yes, you're right. However, bringing people to church is one of the strategies for getting them edified and ground in the faith.

i agree with you, especially when they've not lost or corrupt the primary purpose.

1 Like

Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
Yinkusgold:

we were discussing preaching/soul -winning and u brought those verses to achieve what exactly "he alone will teach those who belong to him" what is the essence of those verses? are u suggesting our teaching or preaching mission is academic? how do you even know who belong to God on the surface? ogbeni! preach for the sole purpose of soul winning and leave any other long stories.
What do you think Jesus Christ meant when He declared the following....

These men love to have the places of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues. They love for people to show respect to them in the marketplaces and to call them ‘Teacher.’
But you must not be called ‘Teacher.’ You are all equal as brothers and sisters. You have only one Teacher.
And don’t call anyone on earth ‘Father.’ You have one Father. He is in heaven. 10 And you should not be called ‘Master.’ You have only one Master, the Messiah. - Matthew 23 vs 6 - 10
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
Yinkusgold:

1. What do you think God meant when He declared the following
31 This is what the Lord said, “The time is coming when I will make a new agreement with the family of Israel and with the family of Judah.
32 It will not be like the agreement I made with their ancestors. I made that agreement when I took them by the hand and brought them out of Egypt. I was their master, but they broke that agreement.” This message is from the Lord.
33 “In the future I will make this agreement with the people of Israel.” This message is from the Lord. “I will put my teachings in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
34 People will not have to teach their neighbors and relatives to know the Lord, because all people, from the least important to the most important, will know me.” This message is from the Lord. “I will forgive them for the evil things they did. I will not remember their sins.” - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34
2. And what did Jesus Christ mean when He said the following
But Jesus said, “Stop complaining to each other.
44 The Father is the one who sent me, and he is the one who brings people to me. I will raise them up on the last day. Anyone the Father does not bring to me cannot come to me.
45 It is written in the prophets: ‘God will teach them all.’[d] People listen to the Father and learn from him. They are the ones who come to me. - John 6 vs 43 - 45
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, the doctrine of "soul winning" is of the doctrines and traditions of men and is not of Jesus Christ since Jesus Christ never taught such to His disciples nor did He promise anyone special rewards or crowns for "soul winning" undecided

All doctrines and traditions of men are considered an abomination to God and hence against God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14.

However, it is your choice to continue in following doctrine and tradition of men.. the choice is yours. undecided
check d meaning of soul winning if it's giving u so much headache. & he actually told his disciples 2 evangelize (win souls).
besides, his earthly age was around 33 years old & he was only represented mainly in few repetive gospels so until dey list all good & sensibles deeds 4 u, u won't know d right thing 2 do. he didn't tell u 2 wait @ zebra crossing, flush ur toilet e.t.c
bible even states dat it didn't record all events e.g chronicle and an account of john.
think ok.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Image123(m): 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Really? What book, chapter or verse is it stated that soul winning is a part of fruit bearing? I definitely didn't see it as part of the fruits of the spirit in Galatians 5.

This is one big real facepalm. Who mentioned fruit of the Spirit? Being fruitful is not ONLY the fruit of the Spirit.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Image123(m): 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Seems you're confused about something. So, what part of "soul winning is not part of fruit bearing" sounds like "there no need for soul winning" to you? I still can't get your logic. So soul winning is part of gifts of the spirit too, since there is a great need for it?

i have not mentioned all these things you are talking about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Where 2 Oceans Meet And Do Not Mix, Unbelivable Right? / Howard Nyoni: TB Joshua & Oyakhilome Had Terminal Diseases, Took Drugs Secretly / Meet Prophet TB Joshua’s 3 Daughters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.