Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth (71556 Views)

Prophetic Picture Of The Year 2023 By Daniel Olukoya (G.O Mfm Worldwide) / Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence / 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
youngpresidooo:
that's a lie.
They are paid more than that
According to what I have read their average pay is 40k
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Tzar(m): 7:49pm On Jul 20, 2021
So in their mind now, God deals with church head count? Walahi the devil is in Nigerian churches!
You can have 50000 congregant every day in your golden cathedral and they are ALL hell bound!
Another church cam have only 10 worshippers & they are all heaven bound. Na only carnally minded pastors like you dey use head count judge God’s presence & spiritual productivity o!
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said you should preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the world. undecided

But how does that translate to winning souls when the same Jesus Christ said that many of those who will enter into His kingdom will do so by entering in through the broad gate which leads to Destruction, while only a few will find and enter through the narrow gate that leads to true life? undecided

Muslim? where? shocked shocked

there is no huge definition for winning soul. Infact how can you even know or determine if people's soul will be won since you can't force them they are not dummies, but all one can do is to reach out and preach the gospel to them, that is the prequisite, basic step of soul winning is there any act of soul winning that is outside this?
or else if God himself appear to the person like saul/paul, balaam.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Nauttyprof(m): 7:53pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How did you come to the conclusion that that is the 3end result and the fruit we are to bear as branches on the vine? undecided

I read the chapter as a whole. So, the conclusion is there as I didn't write this myself.

Why did Jesus use the word 'go and bear fruit' then told them to be ready for opposition before the conclusion to witness.

I have shown you the witnessing part but you still keep asking questions which I don't understand anymore. Do you want me to say what wasn't written or what?

Bible should be read in its context and not taken out of context.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by AngelicBeing: 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2021
sad
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by InvertedHammer: 8:01pm On Jul 20, 2021
/
So their idea of winning souls is calculated by church attendance. If high attendance is their concern and not the cash flow, they should start doing giveaways after church services. There won't be enough auditorium in Nigeria to contain their followers.

Profitability is a term associated with a business and not work of God.

/
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2021
Yinkusgold:

there is no huge definition for winning soul. Infact how can you even know or determine if people's soul will be won since you can't force them they are not dummies, but all one can do is to reach out and preach the gospel to them, that is the prequisite, basic step of soul winning is there any act of soul winning that is outside this?
or else if God himself appear to the person like saul/paul, balaam.
1. So you agree that the idea of "winning souls" is in itself foolishness and those who count how many souls they have won are liars in this? undecided

2. Jesus Christ sent us out to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and we are called to Obey His comandments/rules - it is that simple. undecided

3. As for whether God appears or talks to people, He does. I can attest to that since it was God, not man, that brought me to my knees and He remains my one and only Teacher, just as He said in Jeremiah 31 vs 34 and reasserted in John 6 vs 43 - 45 undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by youngpresidooo: 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
Tzar:
So in their mind now, God deals with church head count? Walahi the devil is in Nigerian churches!
You can have 50000 congregant every day in your golden cathedral and they are ALL hell bound!
Another church cam have only 10 worshippers & they are all heaven bound. Na only carnally minded pastors like you dey use head count judge God’s presence & spiritual productivity o!
you have no point bro.
The church management is still human.
They can only determine church growth by numbers . How will they know who is going to heaven?
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by emmy9500: 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2021
paxonel:
If that is the basis for the sack then it is justified. You can't abandon your primary duty to pursue something else and at the same time expect growth.

Then this should have been clearly stated in the letter, which one is failing to meet church growth expectations

1 Like

Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by desiredhome: 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2021
BePrepared:

Exactly my take too, some people are reprobate, even if the church dash everyone1 million today they will wail, hate and whimper thats their DNA no need even explaining
Any body that opened a Church because of money is not different from the terrorists/bandits that kidnaps for ransom......
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. So you agree that the idea of "winning souls" is in itself foolishness and those who count how many souls they have won are liars in this? undecided

2. Jesus Christ sent us out to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and we are called to Obey His comandments/rules - it is that simple. undecided

3. As for whether God appears or talks to people, He does. I can attest to that since it was God, not man, that brought me to my knees and He remains my one and only Teacher, just as He said in Jeremiah 31 vs 34 and reasserted in John 6 vs 43 - 45 undecided
for those who have good IQ, soul winning is real, there is no need flogging the dead horse.
there were some people who were derailing but their lives changed until they were met with the gospel & they themselves testify to this. some of them are even evangelists, preachers e.t.c for the fact not all souls will be saved doesn't rule out the act of soul winning. u may not even know/count those u've changed
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2021
Yinkusgold:

for those who have good IQ, soul winning is real, there is no need flogging the dead horse.
there were some people who were derailing but their lives changed until they were met with the gospel & they themselves testify to this. some of them are even evangelists, preachers e.t.c for the fact not all souls will be saved doesn't rule out the act of soul winning. u may not even know/count those u've changed
I am afraid that according the Jesus Christ, no man can win the soul of another to God as every man has that decision to make every moment of every day of his existence. undecided

No matter the "good IQ" of the one who preaches to one, Jesus Christ Himself declares that the ones who belongs to Him are those who are taught by God - John 6 vs 43-45, those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments - john 14 vs 20 - 25 undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
seyz91:
Confirm! You said it all

Don't mind those mumus jawe trying to justify nonsense

Which souls are they winning? Mtcheww

Its a simple maths, more souls(church member) more money(tithe and offering) no two ways about it

undecided
for those who are wise, soul winning is possible but don't hide under such disguise for financial gain. atleast by God's reckoning there are righteous people today, because only God can see the mind but these people were preached to, they were not in this state then.
A person's life can get a positive turnaround through the gospel, what i disagree with is financial exploitation of worldly massive crowd.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2021
Yinkusgold:

for those who are wise, soul winning is possible but don't hide under such disguise for financial gain. atleast by God's reckoning there are righteous people today, because only God can see the mind but these people were preached to, they were not in this state then.
A person's life can get a positive turnaround through the gospel, what i disagree with is financial exploitation of worldly massive crowd.
To suggest that it is possible is to suggest that Person A can lead person B by hand through the narrow gate which Jesus Christ said only a few will find and enter through - Matthew 7vs 13-14. undecided

Jesus Christ declares that this goal is left to each soul to accomplish on it's own but you are saying that Jesus Christ is wrong in this. undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by davidque: 8:49pm On Jul 20, 2021
kingxsamz:

Wow, so not "all men will hear the gospel"? grin
What happened to "the violent taketh it by force"? Why are they closing the churches, why didn't they use prayers to win them over? Like how Moses was able to free the people of Israelites?
Besides, I mentioned Iran, Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Will the Chidren in those countries now go to hell because their government didn't want the gospel preached to them? Haba! cheesy

Are you daft? you held on to the fact that the church closed its branches in Japan and ignored the fact that the church did that because it wasn't led to start church there and advised all member to join other churches........... You're bent on giving the church a bad name because of your prejudiced mind set. What exactly have you done to spread the gospel in your own personal capacity? That is if you're a Christian. You're consumed by the responsibilities of others and hv not highlighted yours. Grow up!
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Chinny024(f): 8:51pm On Jul 20, 2021
kingxsamz:
grin grin grin
All these one na lame excuses nobody is ready to read. Christians will say "where two or three are gathered, the lord is there" but na still their pastors dey vex say people no plenty for church, even though there are at least 3 churches in every street. There are more Christians in this country and they're still looking for more. They say they want to win souls, but the souls they want to win have already been won by another church. grin grin
So basically, what they're doing is trying to win members from other churches. And more members guarantees massive weekly income.
Na who do advert pass they usually sell, that's why their daddy GO is angry and sacking pastors anyhow because the pastors no get sweet mouth to cajole people to come and buy the market they're selling. grin
Anybody that says this isn't about tithe and offering is just lying to himself, so ya'll keep crying. grin grin grin
You said it all....
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2021
davidque:

Are you daft? you held on to the fact that the church closed its branches in Japan and ignored the fact that the church did that because it wasn't led to start church there and advised all member to join other churches........... You're bent on giving the church a bad name because of your prejudiced mind set. What exactly have you done to spread the gospel in your own personal capacity? That is if you're a Christian. You're consumed by the responsibilities of others and hv not highlighted yours. Grow up!
So the church was "not led" to start churches in Japan but it did it anyways and then had to close them all down why? undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Chinny024(f): 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
Abeg,make we hear word...Who is deceiving who..church growth index indeed...
I keep saying it "not all who call the name of the Lord have motives unrelated to your pocket...Be guided!!!
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Igoni1stson: 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
Most of us fail to know our purpose in life and thereby fail to know our call to service based on our talents, skills, and spiritual gifts wherein engaging in services will have no passion for maybe because of the benefits or ignorance which leads to failure and lack of productivity.
I recommend everyone serious with his life to read "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2021
Igoni1stson:
Most of us fail to know our purpose in life and thereby fail to know our call to service based on our talents, skills, and spiritual gifts wherein engaging in services will have no passion for maybe because of the benefits or ignorance which leads to failure and lack of productivity.
I recommend everyone serious with his life to read "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren.
That book has nothing to do with the Gospel of the Kingdom of God which Jesus Christ asked you to live by instead. undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Semaj77(m): 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2021
HigherEd:

To answer you, the living faith church is in 71 nations of the earth.
Many of them poor countries, e.g living faith has strong presence in Congo.
Also, not all nations are open to a ministry. The living faith once closed her branches in Japan. Once they realized the error of being in Japan without a divine mandate, they closed the church and advised members there to find another church to attend.

Hogwash
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid that according the Jesus Christ, no man can win the soul of another to God as every man has that decision to make every moment of every day of his existence. undecided

No matter the "good IQ" of the one who preaches to one, Jesus Christ Himself declares that the ones who belongs to Him are those who are taught by God - John 6 vs 43-45, those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments - john 14 vs 20 - 25 undecided

what is d essence of preaching d gospel, evangelism, follow me i will make you the fishers of men, the job is enormous but more labourers are needed, go ye into the world & preach the word, are all these for formalty reason? what are they meant to achieve? u see, i know people will make heaven but the-way they-made-it stories will be different. there are millions of believers across the world who will eventually make heaven but how they met the gospel, evangelism will be part of it.
Good evening to Victor Oladokun.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Philip1623: 9:11pm On Jul 20, 2021
Well said. You can't even try it in the circular work how much more God's. Our God is a God of order and accountability.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by luluman: 9:14pm On Jul 20, 2021
kingxsamz:
grin grin grin
All these one na lame excuses nobody is ready to read. Christians will say "where two or three are gathered, the lord is there" but na still their pastors dey vex say people no plenty for church, even though there are at least 3 churches in every street. There are more Christians in this country and they're still looking for more. They say they want to win souls, but the souls they want to win have already been won by another church. grin grin
So basically, what they're doing is trying to win members from other churches. And more members guarantees massive weekly income.
Na who do advert pass they usually sell, that's why their daddy GO is angry and sacking pastors anyhow because the pastors no get sweet mouth to cajole people to come and buy the market they're selling. grin
Anybody that says this isn't about tithe and offering is just lying to himself, so ya'll keep crying. grin grin grin
Us that how your brain works?
The church, pastors, christianity etc are non of your business wetin come be your own?
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2021
Yinkusgold:

what is d essence of preaching d gospel, evangelism, follow me i will make you the fishers of men, the job is enormous but more labourers are needed, go ye into the world & preach the word, are all these for formalty reason? what are they meant to achieve? u see, i know people will make heaven but the-way they-made-it stories will be different. there are millions of believers across the world who will eventually make heaven but how they met the gospel, evangelism will be part of it.
Good evening to Victor Oladokun.
The sole mission given to every follower of Jesus Christ remains that of a life lived in continual submission to and obedience of the teachings and comandments/rules of Jesus Christ. That is what we are called to do, from point of ...

* Acquisition of Salvation from Death unto eternal life- John 3 vs 16 - 21 & John 3 vs 36 & John 5 vs 47 - 58
* Gaining access to the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 14 & Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11
* Gaining freedom from bondage to sin to becoming Sons of God - John 8 vs 31 - 44
* Baptism of the Spirt of Jesus Christ and God - John 14 vs 20 - 25
* Righteousness- John 15 vs 1 - 11

... this is all we are expected to do in order to bear the fruits of obedience that we will be judged for in the end- Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

That mission is the same mission even with the commandment to go and preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the world. This has not changed even one bit even though men have taken to establishing their kingdoms here on earth around that one commandment. undecided
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by richard870(m): 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2021
HigherEd:
First, I would commend the living faith church for the great work in investing churches across rural communities and employing paid 16,000 Pastors to lead those churches.

That said, this controversy allowed me to understand that a vast majority of us Nigerians behave like locust (apologies to anyone offended).

Eat, eat, eat is all they know. Contribution and multiplication is not their concern. Let's just exploit what is available, divide it, eat it and wait for the next supply.

This is why as a people we actually produce so little but consume so very much.
We are a nation of exploiters...

I have learnt personal lessons from this writeup and I would be sure to make personal amends in my own life. Just about condemning those pastors that are running from duty, and the holy spirit reminded me of something that was placed in my hand which failed but I have not given account neither have I replaced it to the person. The person never asked probably cause of our close relationship, and he's rich but that doesn't absolves me of my responsibility to integrity.

1) Never accept to do anything you have no passion for simply because of economic benefits whether fringe or large.

2) Whatever has been committed to your hands by those who invested in you must be nurtured to grow with all your effort.

3) If what has been committed to your hand fails for any reason, have the honor to return it at least the way you met it. Be truthful to your investor. Don't wait till you are fired or cursed out.
As a people we must learn to RESIGN when we see glaringly that we are unqualified or unable to carry certain responsibilities.

So, are you saying God should sack pastors/clergy men with low congregation ......n.sense!
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by kingxsamz(m): 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2021
davidque:

Lol, funny guy. No need to cry on my mention. What about the other countries I mentioned? What's stopping them? cheesy
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by stagger: 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/
So their idea of winning souls is calculated by church attendance. If high attendance is their concern and not the cash flow, they should start doing giveaways after church services. There won't be enough auditorium in Nigeria to contain their followers.

Profitability is a term associated with a business and not work of God.

/

This "giveaway", freebies and awoof mentality has rubbished many of you.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Mpanyi: 9:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
remsonik:
This is a nice thing. I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail. If you know you can't pastor a church don't take the job cos it's a call and you have to be really dedicated to it. It's not something you can do as side hustle or for play.

Which your church?
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Yinkusgold: 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2021
NobleRace:

You're just being ignorant.

There are two types of fruits in the Bible. The fruits Jesus was talking about in John 3 is related to salvation - Bringing people into the kingdom. While the fruits John was talking about are spiritual fruits which are the outcome of true repentance as in Galatians 5 - also called fruits of the Spirit.

We as humans beings can only bear fruits by bringing as many people as we can into the church. Out of those we bring, some would enter into the kingdom. However, the matter of true repentance and bearing the fruits of the Spirit isn't the work of man. This is the work of the Holy Spirit plus the cooperation of the individual concerned.

So, we're told to go into the highways and all places to bring the masses in, "that they may know Him the Only true God, and Jesus Christ whom He has sent."

"go to high places and preach the gospel bring people in" doesn't mean they should come to ur church i believe may be r.c.c.g or any
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by tsmat(m): 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
Sanchez01:
I know how pentecostal churches function quite well. If you have issues with the church, IT WILL BE SPELT IN YOUR LETTER OF DISMISSAL but nowhere in that letter did the church state that the pastors left their primary places of assignments. Plus, full time pastors rely solely on the monthly earning from the church. IF THE PASTORS WERE ASSIGNED THEN IT MEANS THEY WERE ON THE CHURCH'S PAYROLL.

The letter below took them up on GROWTH INDEX and not negligence. I have seen these things up close TOO MANY TIMES. Yes, pastors have KPIs, as surprising as it is and it is what is used in determining their performance. Interestingly, RETURNS is the summary of their KPIs. A sign your church is doing well is the number of MONTHLY RETURNS and sign that it is not is the LOW RETURNS. I have seen pastors queried, redeployed and even demoted FOR NOT GROWING THEIR CHURCH.

All these explanations are just excuses on behalf of the modus operandi of Pentecostalism in Nigeria. The model is American and it is a disgusting one.

Oga sit down and shut up.
If your relatives were dismissed they should go and find job.

All this cumming all over church matter won't help you.
Re: Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth by Sanchez01: 9:41pm On Jul 20, 2021
tsmat:

Oga sit down and shut up.
If your relatives were dismissed they should go and find job.

All this cumming all over church matter won't help you.
Heaven forbid I have a relative as a pastor? What are they looking for, the money or lack of job?

Sense is always far from religious people like you. With your huge eyeballs like that of an orphaned cat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastors Who Predicted 2015 Elections Outcome Woefully / Howard Nyoni: TB Joshua & Oyakhilome Had Terminal Diseases, Took Drugs Secretly / Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.