Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) (42975 Views)

US Successfully Tests Hypersonic Missiles That Travel At 3.836mph / Putin’s Hypersonic Missiles Carrying Warship On FIRE (pics, Video) / Russia Successfully Tests New Hypersonic Tsirkon Missile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by emae009(m): 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2021
seunny4lif:
When did Israel take out S300?
S300 has never been used in Syria
The Russia military still don’t allow Syria military to use S300

Long time bruvh!!!
S-200 was destroyed in Syria
S-300 was destroyed in the Armenian war
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by brandsoncharlie: 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
FarahAideed:
For those that don't know hypersonic is any thing that exceeds the speed of sound by 5 times ..This particular missile is doing 7 times the speed of sound , meaning it would have finished hitting it's target long before you hear it
Long dream.
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by emae009(m): 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2021
Simeonjoe1:

Nah not really I think s400 beats the patriot

not in the same category... It's like comparing the S-400 against THAAD.. They don't perform the same core function.
Russia is a defensive nation. America is offensive, their priority and philosophy for their weapon systems differs accordingly
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by whale123: 10:59pm On Jul 20, 2021

Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by seunny4lif(m): 10:59pm On Jul 20, 2021
emae009:

Long time bruvh!!!
Armenian were stupid to pack S300 without using it
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by Simeonjoe1: 11:00pm On Jul 20, 2021
emae009:

not in the same category... It's like comparing the S-400 against THAAD.. They don't perform the same core function.
Russia is a defensive nation. America is offensive, their priority and philosophy for their weapon systems differs accordingly

I don't get? Are they both not an air defense system, against aircraft and cruise missiles?
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by tobtap: 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2021
samwillyco1:
The fact remains that it's anti missiles and once bigger than it is already on the process , if not yet fully developed by Isreal, Japan and USA .
Russia is great but making too much noise like Trump and NIGERIAN politicians.
Russian have traditionally been better with rockets... Missiles.. Etc... Western defence can't stop hypersonic missiles at d moment... Dey will need to develop new defence systems..

1 Like

Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by techWriter3: 11:05pm On Jul 20, 2021
Dem no jus sap chance the country is not prepping to obliterate itself
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by stayclearofme: 11:06pm On Jul 20, 2021
OneKinGuy:
US has successfully tricked mother Russia to spend billions on a missile they know they can shoot down cheesy grin grin
What is this one saying?
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by emae009(m): 11:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
seunny4lif:

Armenian were stupid to pack S300 without using it

lol... but it was sha destroyed ba.... I think the problem we all have is that we take successfully tested to mean 0% chance of failure. Anything manufactured will have some degree of failures from simple thing like pencil to A.I. Once we come to terms with that some of the insane point we bring here on nairaland will reduce (not you). Like the other day I read someone comment where he said Russia has invisible submarine when all submarine especially the ones with ballistic weapons are by design made to be invisible.
Simple things like mobile phone can have a 1000 defects out of 1000000 units off production lines.
The F-35 can fail at the crucial point. The S-400 can fail to fire same for any other SAM. But once something has been successfully tested in a controlled environment, we take it on our head that it can't fail which isn't reality
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by RPG2020(m): 11:12pm On Jul 20, 2021
Kandeed:
Why waste money on things you would not one day get to use undecided. ion blame them tho he's prolly following the Roman adage that says "Si vis pacem para bellum" which means prepare for war if you wanna live in peace.

Fit set anytime
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by afamaustin(m): 11:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
And my country Nigeria is here hunting people,no prob.
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by emae009(m): 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
Simeonjoe1:

I don't get? Are they both not an air defense system, against aircraft and cruise missiles?

Each SAM has a certain area they cover and operate effectively. The S-400 is vulnerable to a Tomahawk because it's radar can't detect below is it 30 ft or metre. Something like that.
THAAD is an Air defense but it can't go after aircraft because it's core function is ballistic missile interception. Same thing as the Patriot, it's detection range and the number of things it can go against isn't the same as the S-400.
Like I said, in Russia, the don't station the S-400 alone, to cover it weaknesses, it's paired with the S-300, S-200, PANSTIR and other SAMs.
Same thing in US, they don't station the Patriot alone, they all have their weaknesses and area of strength
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by JOHNBULLZZ: 11:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
Okortor:
End time prophesies.. fulfilling itself...

The end is near... folks, repent before it's too late.
You are right Sir. This weapon is mentioned in the bible.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by criuze(m): 11:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by showafrica(m): 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2021
FarahAideed:
For those that don't know hypersonic is any thing that exceeds the speed of sound by 5 times ..This particular missile is doing 7 times the speed of sound , meaning it would have finished hitting it's target long before you hear it

What of the light and heat from the exhaust. To bring down the thing na small thing... Even ESN can bring it down not to talk of US.

1 Like

Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by FarahAideed: 11:51pm On Jul 20, 2021
Simeonjoe1:

Well the Era of ramjet is here, hypersonic airbreathing engines. Lol

True but any missile being launched from a stationary silo will still require rockets to get it upto "ramming speeds " where the ramjet can work from
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by OneKinGuy(m): 11:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
Elsueno:

The funny thing about Nigerians is they underestimate anything not USA. Yes.., America is powerful...but so are alot of other countries. If the Americans are really as powerful as they want us to believe, they wouldn't accept all these bullshyt from China, Russia, Iran etc
Russia is powerful, yes!
China is powerful, yes!

BUT
Russia cannot fight any war beyond Europe and Asia
I don't even think China can win any war outside the mainland. Little Taiwan they can't reclaim after many years.

but the US, with years of experience can invade any place on earth.
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by salem1996: 12:01am On Jul 21, 2021
UncleHaba22:
Make USA and Russia or China play friendly match fes make we see
cheesy cheesy wink
I agree only on one condition.
That you will officiate the match.
That means you will have to hang on the air to check the missiles ooo
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by seunny4lif(m): 12:02am On Jul 21, 2021
Yes
Na machine
New motor dey fail self
Anything can happen
emae009:

lol... but it was sha destroyed ba.... I think the problem we all have is that we take successfully tested to mean 0% chance of failure. Anything manufactured will have some degree of failures from simple thing like pencil to A.I. Once we come to terms with that some of the insane point we bring here on nairaland will reduce (not you). Like the other day I read someone comment where he said Russia has invisible submarine when all submarine especially the ones with ballistic weapons are by design made to be invisible.
Simple things like mobile phone can have a 1000 defects out of 1000000 units off production lines.
The F-35 can fail at the crucial point. The S-400 can fail to fire same for any other SAM. But once something has been successfully tested in a controlled environment, we take it on our head that it can't fail which isn't reality

1 Like

Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by bitrusnathan396(m): 12:03am On Jul 21, 2021
Over to you USA
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by chocboi78(m): 12:03am On Jul 21, 2021
This Putin tenor no dy end?
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by themanderon: 12:04am On Jul 21, 2021
world war 3 is coming. The forces of this earth both seen and unseen are all prepared for what's coming. They have spent decades preparing for it and all these posturing are nothing but a prelude to what's coming. All that's needed now is a smoking gun and bammm.......
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by salem1996: 12:06am On Jul 21, 2021
emae009:

Long time bruvh!!!
cry Na una Sabi wetin una deh talk. The only S I know is Samsung S21 Ultra embarassed
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by themanderon: 12:11am On Jul 21, 2021
chocboi78:
This Putin tenor no dy end?

The man keeps changing his country's constitution to ensure that he remains in power. He is actually the head of the czars that control Russia. He is there to protect the interest of this czars while they in return reward him with their unflinching support. Even when he left power and became prime minister he was still the one running the show and the president whom he replaced as prime minister Demetri Medvedev was just a figure head president.

1 Like

Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by collinsmcmorgan(m): 12:34am On Jul 21, 2021
Make they scatter this world make we start afresh...
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by ominid1: 12:40am On Jul 21, 2021
hypersonic can stop hypersonic.
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by Nature8(m): 12:41am On Jul 21, 2021
FarahAideed:

Hmm
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by Simeonjoe1: 12:52am On Jul 21, 2021
emae009:

Each SAM has a certain area they cover and operate effectively. The S-400 is vulnerable to a Tomahawk because it's radar can't detect below is it 30 ft or metre. Something like that.
THAAD is an Air defense but it can't go after aircraft because it's core function is ballistic missile interception. Same thing as the Patriot, it's detection range and the number of things it can go against isn't the same as the S-400.
Like I said, in Russia, the don't station the S-400 alone, to cover it weaknesses, it's paired with the S-300, S-200, PANSTIR and other SAMs.
Same thing in US, they don't station the Patriot alone, they all have their weaknesses and area of strength

Yeah all these are true except patriot can be used against aircraft too.
Re: Russia Successfully Tests Putin's Hypersonic Missile (Photos, Video) by tonyashburton: 12:55am On Jul 21, 2021
It will be vulnerable to space borne lasers but those aren't ready yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sri Lanka Citizens Take Over President’s Residence After Overthrowing Him / Top 5 Unheard Truth About Donald Trump, The US President / I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.