Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Key To An Open Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Key To An Open Heaven (1433 Views)

Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana / An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu / Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Key To An Open Heaven by Dangerousboy(m): 2:04am On Jul 21, 2021
KEY TO AN OPEN HEAVEN

Luke.3.21 - Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,

Now one would have thought that the heaven opened up to Jesus because he was the son of God, but no. He prayed the heaven open.

When the heaven is opened on you, you experience the anointing, favour, joy, Miracles, increase, direction and revelation.

You too can experience an open heaven where you are. You can pray the heaven open on your life, businesses etc. And the anointing of the spirit would rest on it. PRAYER is the key.
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 2:07am On Jul 21, 2021
Dangerousboy:
KEY TO AN OPEN HEAVEN
Luke.3.21 - Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,

Now one would have thought that the heaven opened up to Jesus because he was the son of God, but no. He prayed the heaven open.

When the heaven is opened on you, you experience the anointing, favour, joy, Miracles, increase, direction and revelation.

You too can experience an open heaven where you are. You can pray the heaven open on your life, businesses etc. And the anointing of the spirit would rest on it. PRAYER is the key.
Did Jesus Christ tell you that what He did for the Heavens to open up to Him on that day was pray? undecided

Why conclude that it prayer is the key? undecided
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Nobody: 2:10am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Did Jesus Christ tell you that what He did for the Heavens to open up to Him on that day was pray? undecided

It says so in the verse he quoted though.

1 Like

Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 2:14am On Jul 21, 2021
CamusMidas:

It says so in the verse he quoted though.
It says at least two things were happening at that moment... Jesus Christ was being baptized and was also praying. And we know that Jesus Christ must have prayed many times before that very day, and afterundecided

So why the conclusion that the prayer was the key to opening the Heavens that day? undecided
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It says at least two things were happening at that moment... Jesus Christ was being baptized and was also praying. So why the conclusion that the prayer was the key to opening the Heavens that day? undecided
Been praying normally and heaven did not open, but after he was baptized and he joins it with prayer the heaven opens.

From the original poster content, we assume that you already baptized and the added ingredients is prayer to actualize whatever it is that you want.

1 Like

Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Myer(m): 2:19am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It says at least two things were happening at that moment... Jesus Christ was being baptized and was also praying. And we know that Jesus Christ must have prayed many times before that very day, and afterundecided

So why the conclusion that the prayer was the key to opening the Heavens that day? undecided

What is your own conclusion. What caused heaven to open?
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 2:22am On Jul 21, 2021
CamusMidas:

Been praying normally and heaven did not open, but after he was baptized and he joins it with prayer the heaven opens.

From the original poster content, we assume that you already baptized and the added ingredients is prayer to actualize whatever it is that you want.
1. Are you saying that when one is water baptized and one then prays, the heavens are opened? undecided

Is there scriptural evidence of this claim or leap? undecided

2. Why make this "costly" assumption? undecided
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Myer(m): 2:24am On Jul 21, 2021
Dangerousboy:
KEY TO AN OPEN HEAVEN

Heaven opens when God chooses to.
Noah experienced open heaven in a different way from what Jesus experienced.

It was not because Noah prayed for open heaven but because God had determined to destroy mankind then. Heaven and earth broken open and water filled the earth.

Open heaven as a phrase connotes different meanings in the bible.
It could mean heavy rainfall like the case of Noah.
It could mean Blessings raining down as a result of tithing as in Malachi.
It could also mean the literal opening of heaven for the descending of the Holy spirit for God to speak.
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Nobody: 2:27am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Are you saying that when one is water baptized and one then prays, the heavens are opened? undecided

Is there scriptural evidence of this claim or leap? undecided

2. Why make this "costly" assumption? undecided
"Luke.3.21 - Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened"

Baptizing and prayers Equate open heavens.

2. If you don't fall under this category then why do you even give the slightest about this post in the first place.
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 2:29am On Jul 21, 2021
Myer:
What is your own conclusion. What caused heaven to open?
According to the story, the heavens opened and Jesus Christ was baptized by the Holy Spirit of God, who llives only inside of Holy/Perfect vessels in the New Covenant. undecided

That says a lot more to me than the prayer is the key assumption. undecided
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 2:31am On Jul 21, 2021
CamusMidas:

"Luke.3.21 - Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened"

Baptizing and prayers Equate open heavens.

2. If you don't fall under this category then why do you even give the slightest about this post in the first place.
1. How do you arrive at that equation when there were probably many who also prayed while being baptized but the heavens never opened to them. undecided

We are talking of multitudes coming from all parts to be baptized by John the Baptist not a story of Heaven opening until Jesus Christ. undecided

2. I dont fall under what category? undecided
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Nobody: 2:33am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. How do you arrive at that equation when there were probably many who pray when being baptized and no open heaven for them. undecided

2. I dont fall under what category? undecided
Open heaven is a metaphor dude, and did any them come to complain to you?
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 2:34am On Jul 21, 2021
CamusMidas:
Open heaven is a metaphor dude, and did any them come to complain to you?
A metaphor for what? undecided

Who exactly would come complain to me about what? undecided

The OP here claims prayer is the key to what happened in Luke 3 vs 21, but where is the proof of that claim undecided
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Nobody: 2:37am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
A metaphor for what? undecided

Who exactly would come complain to me about what? undecided

The OP here claims prayer is the key to what happened in Luke 3 vs 21, but where is the proof of that claim undecided
It's in the verse.
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 2:38am On Jul 21, 2021
CamusMidas:

It's in the verse.
No it is not in the verse . The verse does not say the Heavens opened BECAUSE He prayed so that conclusion is a leap. undecided
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Myer(m): 2:38am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
According to the story, the heavens opened and Jesus Christ was baptized by the Holy Spirit of God, who llives only inside of Holy/Perfect vessels in the New Covenant. undecided

That says a lot more to me than the prayer is the key assumption. undecided

Yes only holy vessel received the Holy spirit.
But Jesus prayed the father to give the Holyspirit to all who believe in him. John 14.
Both Holy and unholy.

I believe heaven opening in the case of Jesus' baptism was a figurative or spiritual experience then because only Jesus and John the Baptist observed it.
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Nobody: 2:40am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No it is not in the verse . The verse does not say the Heavens opened BECAUSE He prayed so that conclusion is a leap. undecided
And as he was praying the heaven opens.
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 2:42am On Jul 21, 2021
Myer:

Yes only holy vessel received the Holy spirit.
But Jesus prayed the father to give the Holyspirit to all who believe in him. John 14.
Both Holy and unholy.

I believe heaven opening in the case of Jesus' baptism was a figurative or spiritual experience then because only Jesus and John the Baptist observed it.
Where in John 14 did Jesus Christ pray the Lord to give the Holy Spirit to both the holy and unholy? undecided

According to the verse below, the sky did open and the Spirit came down. undecided
So Jesus was baptized. As soon as he came up out of the water, the sky opened, and he saw God’s Spirit coming down on him like a dove. A voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, the one I love. I am very pleased with him.” - Matthew 3 vs 16 - 17
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 2:44am On Jul 21, 2021
CamusMidas:

And as he was praying the heaven opens.
The verse didn't say as a result of His praying neither. undecided

Read the same story from what is recorded in Matthew.
So Jesus was baptized. As soon as he came up out of the water, the sky opened, and he saw God’s Spirit coming down on him like a dove. A voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, the one I love. I am very pleased with him.” - Matthew 3 vs 16 - 17
if prayer had been of importance to the opening up of the Heavens, why was it not recorded so even here? undecided
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Nobody: 2:47am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The verse didn't say as a result of His praying neither. undecided

Read the same story from what is recorded in Matthew. if prayer had been of importance to the opening up of the Heavens, why was it not recorded so even here? undecided
Because the person that wrote the book of Luke wasn't standing for closer than the person that wrote the book of Matthew. Come on this is general knowledge.
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 2:51am On Jul 21, 2021
CamusMidas:

Because the person that wrote the book of Luke wasn't standing for closer than the person that wrote the book of Matthew. Come on this is general knowledge.
The person that wrote Luke did not say the heavens opened because Jesus Christ prayed and the person that wrote Matthew did not even mention prayer at all...both stories join together to disprove the claim that prayer is the key. undecided
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 2:55am On Jul 21, 2021
Here is the version of the story as told in the book of John..
Then John said this for everyone to hear: “I also did not know who the Messiah was. But the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘You will see the Spirit come down and rest on a man. He is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ I have seen this happen. I saw the Spirit come down from heaven like a dove and rest on this man. So this is what I tell people: ‘He is the Son of God.’ - John 1 vs 32 - 34

Again, no mentioned of prayer being the key even in this case. undecided

And lastly from Mark 1...

About that time Jesus came from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to the place where John was. John baptized Jesus in the Jordan River. 10 As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw the sky torn open. The Spirit came down on him like a dove. 11 A voice came from heaven and said, “You are my Son, the one I love. I am very pleased with you.” - Mark 1 vs 9 -11
Yet no mention of prayer as key to the opening of the Heavens. undecided
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Nobody: 3:04am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The person that wrote Luke did not say the heavens opened because Jesus Christ prayed and the person that wrote Matthew did not even mention prayer at all...both stories join together to disprove the claim that prayer is the key. undecided
So what is the key?
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 3:11am On Jul 21, 2021
CamusMidas:

So what is the key?
The key is more likely in the who of Jesus Christ than in the what He was doing. undecided

My own guess is the Holy Spirit came down on a Holy vessel, much like He did on the apostles on the day of Pentecost. undecided

In a nutshell, Holiness is the more the reason, not the key! undecided
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Myer(m): 3:17am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where in John 14 did Jesus Christ pray the Lord to give the Holy Spirit to both the holy and unholy? undecided

According to the verse below, the sky did open and the Spirit came down. undecided

John 14:16-21 Jesus prayed that the Hokyspirit be given to all who believe in him. Not only holy vessels as the old testament.
If it was simply for holy vessels, then there would be no need for the Jesus to pray for it again.

If you say that the sky physically opened and people heard a voice, how come only John and Jesus were aware of this?
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 3:24am On Jul 21, 2021
Myer:

John 14:16-21 Jesus prayed that the Hokyspirit be given to all who believe in him. Not only holy vessels as the old testament.
If it was simply for holy vessels, then there would be no need for the Jesus to pray for it again.

If you say that the sky physically opened and people heard a voice, how come only John and Jesus were aware of this?
1. Where exactly did Jesus Christ point out that the Holy Spirit shouid be given to all who "believe" in Him? What particular verse in that context are you seeing this from? undecided

John 14 vs 15 - 26 (ERV)

15If you love me, you will do what I command.
16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper[a] to be with you forever.
17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don’t see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with [b]you, and he will be in you.[/b]

18 “I will not leave you all alone like orphans. I will come back to you.
19 In a very short time the people in the world will not see me anymore. But you will see me. You will live because I live.
20 On that day you will know that I am in the Father. You will know that you are in me and I am in you.
21 Those who really love me are the ones who not only know my commands but also obey them. My Father will love such people, and I will love them. I will make myself known to them.”

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “Lord, how will you make yourself known to us, but not to the world?”

23 Jesus answered, “All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them.
24 But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me.

25 “I have told you all these things while I am with you.
26 But the Helper will teach you everything and cause you to remember all that I told you. This Helper is the Holy Spirit that the Father will send in my name
2. So long as someone other than Jesus Christ heard it, then by following the Law of 2 or 3 witnesses, I say it was pretty much verified. undecided
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Dangerousboy(m): 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:

first of all do you pray? Because if you do and are consistent, you must have experienced what we call the Flow of the spirit or the anointing of the spirit. That is if you believe it is for believers.

You see, the Holy Spirit is the one that communicates heavenly realities to us. In the new testament especially, when the heaven opens, God sends the Holy Spirit or the anointing rather, to bring to pass his purpose in the life of the believer. 1Cor 2:9, Rom 8:11, Zach 4:6

My dear friend, if Jesus had not prayed, the heavens wouldn't have been opened to him.
Or what do you think he was praying for? Rice and beans? Now check his prayer life. Luke 5:16, Luke 6:12, Matt14:23, Mark 6:46 Heb 5:7

Now am not talking about heaven opening and rain falling, or the blessing of Tithes and offerings, am talking about the Holy Spirit anointing, the power from on high, that empowers you to prosper, live victoriously etc.

The Scriptures reveals that every time the heaven is opened and the Holy Spirit move, it is as a result of Prayers. Luke 3:21, Acts 2:1-4, Acts 4:31
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Jul 21, 2021
Dangerousboy:
first of all do you pray? Because if you do and are consistent, you must have experienced what we call the Flow of the spirit or the anointing of the spirit. That is if you believe it is for believers.

You see, the Holy Spirit is the one that communicates heavenly realities to us. In the new testament especially, when the heaven opens, God sends the Holy Spirit or the anointing rather, to bring to pass his purpose in the life of the believer. 1Cor 2:9, Rom 8:11, Zach 4:6

My dear friend, if Jesus had not prayed, the heavens wouldn't have been opened to him.
Or what do you think he was praying for? Rice and beans? Now check his prayer life. Luke 5:16, Luke 6:12, Matt14:23, Mark 6:46 Heb 5:7

Now am not talking about heaven opening and rain falling, or the blessing of Tithes and offerings, am talking about the Holy Spirit anointing, the power from on high, that empowers you to prosper, live victoriously etc.

The Scriptures reveals that every time the heaven is opened and the Holy Spirit move, it is as a result of Prayers. Luke 3:21, Acts 2:1-4, Acts 4:31
You don't need all this meaningless ramble here since this is a simple matter here. undecided

We already have here 4 witnesses for the same story - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John - and not a single witness even hints at prayer being the Key to opening of the heavens. So, why do you keep insisting that prayer is the key? undecided

Do you have the Spirit of God living inside of you? If you did, you would realize how meaningless that "the Flow of the spirit or the anointing of the spirit" you all go about spouting really is. undecided
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by OloshoMan: 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2021
Jesus was and still gay, doubt this info at your own peril
This is the word of God, thanks be to God Amen
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Dangerousboy(m): 8:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You don't need all this meaningless ramble here since this is a simple matter here. undecided

We already have here 4 witnesses for the same story - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John - and not a single witness even hints at prayer being the Key to opening of the heavens. So, why do you keep insisting that prayer is the key? undecided

Do you have the Spirit of God living inside of you? If you did, you would realize how meaningless that "the Flow of the spirit or the anointing of the spirit" you all go about spouting really is. undecided
I now no the kind of Religion you practice. You have a form of Godliness, but you deny the power of God. 2 Timothy 3:5. You think Christianity is just quoting Scriptures? No. It is birthed in power. 2Timo3:5.
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2021
Dangerousboy:
I now no the kind of Religion you practice. You have a form of Godliness, but you deny the power of God. 2 Timothy 3:5. You think Christianity is just quoting Scriptures? No. It is birthed in power. 2Timo3:5.
What you have stated so far has nothing to do with the power of God or God at that. So let's get back to the issue here. undecided

1. You created this thread asserting that prayer is the key to "opening" the heavens. But all four accounts of the same story do not support this claim you make, yet you keep insisting upon it. Why? undecided

2. According to all 4 accounts though, we are told that the Spirit of God descended from the open Heaven on Jesus Christ that very moment and from that time on, Jesus Christ, led by the Spirit of God, went about doing His Father's work. So it is more plausible to argue that the Heavens opened in order that the Spirit of God may occupy Jesus Christ just as John the Baptist had said it would be. undecided

3. According to Jesus Christ's teaching, the Spirit of God makes His home inside of those who are Holy and from them on, He never leaves or takes a break from them... He stays forever. This is one of the core differences between the "anointings" of the Spirit described in the Old Covenant and those who have the Spirit living inside of them as taught of by Jesus Christ.- John 14 vs 23 - 25.

Those who have the Spirit of God living inside of them are literally possessed by Him...there is no such thing as a "flow" of any kind as that entity is there 24/7, and you cannot escape Him as He is there to make you(control you) carefully obey the comandments/rules of God just as God Himself declared in Ezekiel 36 vs 24-27 undecided
Re: Key To An Open Heaven by Dangerousboy(m): 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What you have stated so far has nothing to do with the power of God or God at that. So let's get back to the issue here. undecided

1. You created this thread asserting that prayer is the key to "opening" the heavens. But all four accounts of the same story do not support this claim you make, yet you keep insisting upon it. Why? undecided

2. According to all 4 accounts though, we are told that the Spirit of God descended from the open Heaven on Jesus Christ that very moment and from that time on, Jesus Christ, led by the Spirit of God, went about doing His Father's work. So it is more plausible to argue that the Heavens opened in order that the Spirit of God may occupy Jesus Christ just as John the Baptist had said it would be. undecided

3. According to Jesus Christ's teaching, the Spirit of God makes His home inside of those who are Holy and from them on, He never leaves or takes a break from them... He stays forever. This is one of the core differences between the "anointings" of the Spirit described in the Old Covenant and those who have the Spirit living inside of them as taught of by Jesus Christ.- John 14 vs 23 - 25.

Those who have the Spirit of God living inside of them are literally possessed by Him...there is no such thing as a "flow" of any kind as that entity is there 24/7, and you cannot escape Him as He is there to make you(control you) carefully obey the comandments/rules of God just as God Himself declared in Ezekiel 36 vs 24-27 undecided
I think Luke was drunk to include the prayer part. Don't you think so?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Pass Power. A True Story From Kampala Uganda. / What Is Taking You Away From God / "Do Not Become Slaves Of Men." - Stop Following Cults

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.