Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana (23599 Views)

An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu / Judgement Time: Olumba Obu Open Letter To The World / Pastor Adeboye: "Abiola, Tofa, Aminu Kano, June 12 Election; What God Told Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by Toyboyz: 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2020
An Open Letter To The Christian Association Of Nigeria: Will The Leadership Of Can Escape Judgment If Yahaya Aminu Sharif Is Executed? By Nnamdi Abana

My last caution for the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria at this time is for them to rescind their statement and call for the exoneration of the musician who has been sentenced to death. It is their responsibility to see to it that the young man is not killed else in judgment the blood of Sharif-Aminu will be required of them especially those at the helm of affairs of CAN at this time.

There is an ongoing controversial case of blasphemy in Kano, the Northern part of Nigeria, which is generating much controversy across the country and beyond but the most shocking shade of the case is the statement issued by the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria whose position should be based on the tenets of the Christian faith which they profess and represent. Unfortunately, it is becoming apparent that they are practising mere religion by failing to seize the moment to usher in the requisite comfort and salvation in this present time of need.

Jesus operated with the wisdom of God in handling the scribes and the Pharisees who tempted, tried and questioned him on several controversial subjects but he outwitted them and superimposed divine wisdom over the wisdom of this world which is earthly, sensual and wicked.

Mr Sharif-Aminu, a musician, who hails from Kano was been sentenced to death by hanging for blaspheming against the Prophet Muhammad. An upper Sharia court in the Hausawa Filin Hockey area of the state said Yahaya Sharif-Aminu, 22, was guilty of committing blasphemy for a song he circulated via WhatsApp in March. To make matters worse, the judge, Khadi Aliyu Muhammad Kani said he could appeal against the verdict. Since Sharia law was introduced in the 1999 constitution only one of the death sentences passed by Nigeria's Sharia courts has been carried. To make matters worse the judge has given an order that any Muslim lawyer that stands in defence of Sharif-Aminu should consider himself as a non-muslim.

Let’s not forget that already jungle justice has been meted out on the singer by Muslims who considered his song blasphemous, I watch on national television as protesters burnt down his family home and gathered outside the headquarters of the Islamic police, known as the Hisbah, demanding more action against him.

One would have expected that succour or words of comfort would have come from the Christian Association of Nigeria by issuing a strong statement from the Biblical standpoint on the sanctity of human life and forgiveness as proclaimed by Jesus. In an embarrassing and disgusting statement, the Christian Association of Nigeria joined the mob in calling for the execution of the singer. In a statement issued by CAN, they said and I quote "We don't have objection to it". Adeolu Samuel Adeyemo, the Kano State Chairman of CAN said the religious body does not object to the ruling because it is according to the position of Islam. The CAN chairman in response to The Guardian said thus: “For us in CAN, the judgment of the Shari’a court is according to Islamic law and so we don’t have objection to it because it is according to the position of Islam." He also added that religious tolerance should be upheld for a harmonious atmosphere to reign in the society. Adeolu went ahead to pull out a verse from the Bible to lend credence to his position on that he is not objecting to the ruling against the singer where he made reference to that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit which cannot be forgiven. “So, our interference is not relevant. Now, if you want to know the position of Christianity about blasphemy, I will say there is what you can blaspheme about and what you cannot. And the Lord Jesus said blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is a grievous sin that has no forgiveness. That is the position of Christianity,” he said.

This is indeed saddening and unbecoming of the Christian Association of Nigeria who knows the basic tenets of Christianity and the message of God’s love and grace to unbelievers who should be recipients of grace and salvation. The great Paul the Apostle that we all venerate and quote as Christians was a murderer who supervised the killing of Stephen. He also went ahead to get the necessary authorisation to persecute and crush Christians. Jesus himself had to show up to stop his madness.

It is the responsibility of CAN to issue a strong warning against the death sentence imposed on Mr Sharif-Aminu. Haven’t the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria read from the scriptures that it is the responsibility of the priest to be God’s mouthpiece? The scripture instructs thus in Malachi 2:7 "For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge because he is the messenger of the LORD Almighty and people seek instruction from his mouth." Where lies the knowledge in the proclamation made by CAN? Haven’t CAN read Luke 19:10 "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost."

My last caution for the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria at this time is for them to rescind their statement and call for the exoneration of the musician who has been sentenced to death. It is their responsibility to see to it that the young man is not killed else in judgment the blood of Sharif-Aminu will be required of them especially those at the helm of affairs of CAN at this time.

Ezekiel 3:16-21 says 16 And at the end of seven days, the word of the Lord came to me: 17 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. 18 If I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. 19 But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul. 20 Again, if a righteous person turns from his righteousness and commits injustice, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die. Because you have not warned him, he shall die for his sin, and his righteous deeds that he has done shall not be remembered, but his blood I will require at your hand. 21 But if you warn the righteous person not to sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live, because he took warning, and you will have delivered your soul.”

Let him that has an ear let him hear what the Spirit of God is saying.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/09/09/open-letter-christian-association-nigeria-will-leadership-can-escape-judgment-if-yahaya

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 09, 2020
Not surprised the 'letter' was published by Sahara Reporters.

The man convicted and sentenced based on Muslim law is a Muslim.
The leadership of CAN understands Its core responsibility - to protect the interest and welfare of the Church of Jesus Christ in Nigeria. Meanwhile, it has been up and doing regarding this.

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by Johntemmy(m): 10:48am On Sep 10, 2020
isokay
Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by oluwadabira222(m): 10:49am On Sep 10, 2020
Wetin be CAN own with this angry

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by winkmart: 10:49am On Sep 10, 2020
is CAN a Christian body?
Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by RomanianNinja: 10:50am On Sep 10, 2020
Local man cannot CAN grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by chukwuibuipob: 10:50am On Sep 10, 2020
sad only 3 pipu can stop the death sentence.Pa Bubu.,Sultan of Sokoto and Gando..But Islamabad sad sad

38 Likes

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by Slawormir: 10:50am On Sep 10, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
As a real niggarrr.....
I perused through this write up.
And i must say the letter is devoid of intellect

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by softplaceng: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2020
Issorite
Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by easyfem(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2020
fear north ..... bible is right
they prefer to let go of man that took there future away and focus on someone who talk abt their muhammed whom they never see .... bible is a balance book sha

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by Originality007: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2020
grin
Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by gsegun43: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2020
Stupid letter.

So CAN should condemn the sentence and put Kano in another round of riot?

You must be out of your mind.

but las las, religion na scam

grin

22 Likes

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by Okortor: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2020
Killing of Christians in Nigeria must STOP.......

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by Rahkman: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2020
Weyin consign CAN for muslim matter foolish Ipob pig

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by ngwababe(f): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2020
Reading....
Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by bukkysam(f): 10:52am On Sep 10, 2020
Must we only rest in peace? why not live in peace?

4 Likes

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by mytime24(f): 10:52am On Sep 10, 2020
After reading angry

Letter closed embarassed

Lubbish undecided

3 Likes

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by 2special(m): 10:52am On Sep 10, 2020
What the CAN said is totally wrong but he doesn't have any option cuz he knows how volatile the northern part of the country is, it could have been better for him to keep shut.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 10, 2020
Wait ooo can human being fight for God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by JBoss25(m): 10:53am On Sep 10, 2020
winkmart:
is CAN a Christian body?
No a human body

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 10, 2020
Abeg, wetin concern Iceberg with desert?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by Timekeeper: 10:53am On Sep 10, 2020
Wetin concern CAn.

They want CAN to put mouth so that they can turn it to Christian and Muslim issue abi

The writer of this article is mad.....

IPhone 6s 32gb for sale, Lagos, Price 52000 negotiable .. Check my profile for more information

17 Likes

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by Judah243: 10:54am On Sep 10, 2020
What has CAN got to do with Muslim affairs?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:54am On Sep 10, 2020
Hh
Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by allthingsgood: 10:55am On Sep 10, 2020
CAN is not any better

Very useless greedy set of people

Religion in nigeria is the biggest scam

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana by Hotzone(m): 10:55am On Sep 10, 2020
Death sentence still dey work for naija?

No judicial lazy and corrupted process where the armed robber will have access to phone and coordinate more heinous crime inside prison and as soon as he’s unleashed, he attack police stations and proceed to banks.

Let our government provide work for the youths and tighten government owned institutional policies and ensure transparency.
It’s also important to note that security is a collective effort where citizens has enormous role to play

If government can practice this kind of summary ending for both gun-robbers and pen-robbers, there will be good progress in our lives as Nigerian citizens and I hope one day, my children shall tell a better story

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? / What Is The Weirdest Testimony You Heard This Year? / My View About Jim Iyke's Deliverance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.