Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully (41678 Views)

Jeff Bezos' $500 Million Yacht Has A Sculpture Of His Girlfriend Lauren Sanchez / Jeff Bezos' Space Rocket Is Set To Begin Selling Tickets For Rides Into Space / Orangutan Reaches Out Hand To Rescue Man Stuck In A River In Asia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by Konpresor012(m): 4:48am On Jul 21, 2021

VAN HORN, Texas — For 10 minutes and 10 seconds on Tuesday, Jeff Bezos wasn’t the richest man on Earth.

His Blue Origin company launched him into spaceflight history on Tuesday. Its first crewed New Shepard rocket blasted off from the Texas desert for the brief flight, also carrying his brother and the oldest and youngest people to ever have flown in space.

“Best day ever!” Bezos said after touchdown. “My expectations were high and they were dramatically exceeded.”

The capsule carrying the Blue Origin crew accelerated to more than three times the speed of sound before it reached beyond the 80 kilometer boundary (about 50 miles) the U.S. uses to mark the edge of space. The crew capsule reached an altitude of 107 kilometers (66 miles), and the rocket hit a top speed of 2,233 mph during the launch.

The crew floated in microgravity for a couple minutes, before the capsule returned and landed under a set of parachutes to end the mission after 10 minutes and 10 seconds.

The launch marked Blue Origin’s entrance into the market of private spaceflight, joining Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic — its direct competitor in the sector of suborbital tourism — and Elon Musk’s SpaceX.
More at: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/20/jeff-bezos-reaches-space-on-blue-origins-first-crewed-launch.html

Watch every second of Jeff Bezos and company’s successful space flight on the New Shepard rocket this morning: https://www.wsj.com/articles/jeff-bezos-blue-origin-crew-set-for-space-debut-11626775480

Lalasticlala

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by Tinyemeka(m): 4:53am On Jul 21, 2021
I wonder if Bezos would have been able to set and achieve this target if he was still married to MacKenzie. undecided

P.S. Have gone through the quotes to my post and still couldn't find any valid response to my question, apart from the expected invectives aimed at my intellect and my parents (beats me how the matter concerns them). Those quotes I do not deem worthy of any response.

This is why I asked my question:

Mackenzie Scott (formerly Bezos) holds a B.A in English obtained from Princeton in 1992, is described as an author and has two book titles to her name. She is credited with having assisted Bezos in setting up Amazon and later stepping back to focus on her literary career and family. A career that has produced two books in 2005 & 2013. undecided

Amazon was founded by Bezos in his garage in 1994 and started business as an online marketplace for the sale of books before expanding to include electronics and several other consumer products, web services, food and a whole lot of products and tech/services that the internet behemoth is known for today. It has over 40 subsidiaries in various sectors almost all of which utilize industry-leading web technology to deliver their services.

I'm trying to picture how Ms. Mackenzie with B.A English (no offence intended to our English graduates please) and two novels, features in all of these.

In 2019, Ms. Mackenzie divorced her husband on the grounds of infidelity and walked away with $36Bn worth of Amazon stock. It's now worth $60Bn because of the share price growth, making her the world's richest woman. Barely a year later, she got married to a school teacher. undecided

Blue Origin was founded as far back as 2000. Has been conducting unmanned suborbital and orbital flights since 2015, but every manned flight since 2018 kept being postponed. Bezos gets his divorce and boom, he's moving ahead and has flown to space. I'm trying to imagine the ex-wife's reaction if they were still living together and he came back one night to tell her that he would be flying out of the earth.

There are some really gifted individuals that are so driven, family life only hinders true actualisation of their potentials. Someone like Elon Musk who used to sleep at his Tesla office (I think he still does) is just one of so many. Jeff Bezos is another glaring example. It might interest you to know that Bezos isn't even his father's (Ted Jorgensen), but adopted Papa' name. Talk for another day.

I was expecting a reasonable response to my earlier question, but I guess only the irrational ones were the quick to respond. undecided

149 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by HandsomeHITLER(m): 4:54am On Jul 21, 2021
Good... Now they can return and feed the poor

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by Rugaria: 5:01am On Jul 21, 2021
Tinyemeka:
I wonder if Bezos would have been able to set and achieve this target if he was still married to MacKenzie. undecided
Sigh!
Can't even understand what made you think this way..
A lady that was with him before he formed Amazon won't help him with future projects?

278 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by inumidun2010(m): 5:02am On Jul 21, 2021
And our DARLING DADDY as FUFUBBQGRILLS used to say is looking for GRAZING ROUTE in 2021.....
Brother DICKSON, that ENERGY Wey you dey use DRILL another MAN DAUGHTER as if say you wan DRILL BOREHOLE, abeg CHANNEL am to SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE......

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by Konpresor012(m): 5:13am On Jul 21, 2021
Some Reactions..

4 Likes

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by gambia(m): 5:21am On Jul 21, 2021
See flexing, it's their money sha.
Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by BadEnglish(m): 5:44am On Jul 21, 2021
Tinyemeka:

Sense!!! Where are you?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by Tunde835(m): 6:01am On Jul 21, 2021
Nice
Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by nairavsdollars(f): 6:10am On Jul 21, 2021
Space that our mothers in Africa have been going for many years without any noise

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by ecomalchemist(m): 6:11am On Jul 21, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by dynicks(m): 6:11am On Jul 21, 2021
Una congrats....

Meanwhile me thinking of how's it's gonna feel entering and flying in a plane for the first time...

Already had cruises with...

Bicycle
Motor cycle
Tricycle
Car
Train..?
Aeroplane....?
Space ship..?......well I'm gradually getting there..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by WibusJaga: 6:12am On Jul 21, 2021
According to scientists, the Earth will become so hot & inhabitable in future.
At same time, planet Mars will become warm enough to sustain human life. So humans will be able to migrate to Mars.

Lol! Maybe then, only the poor who can't afford the migration will be left back on planet Earth to perish.

9 Likes

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by falcon01: 6:12am On Jul 21, 2021
HandsomeHITLER:
Good... Now they can return and feed the poor
upon all the ones he's been doing?
People are Bastards! So this man Has literally Donated millions of dollars To charity and Nobody Talked and now when he does something for himself hypocrites are talking about how he should have helped poor people instead of doing that!! Like wtf!! All hes been doing is that Nothing? I find humans disgusting and to those Saying he's exploiting his workers and whatever, the workers are bound to leave anytime they want if they don't like the working conditions. Most of them saying that will Kill people to get an atom out of his wealth! Human beings Disgust me.

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:13am On Jul 21, 2021
When you have holiday in every corner of the world but have not gotten the desired satisfaction worthy of a billionaire, the next place you think of travelling is space. wink
Thereafter Heaven.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by falcon01: 6:13am On Jul 21, 2021
That's how rich men Cope with break up grin

4 Likes

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by kambili999(f): 6:13am On Jul 21, 2021
What a space trip

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by Naija147: 6:13am On Jul 21, 2021
Our own will be Buhari successfully established Ruga across Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by UncleKoboko: 6:13am On Jul 21, 2021
Ok

Very greedy guy.

Always ripping people off.

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by BOOOMNAIJA: 6:14am On Jul 21, 2021
A Lady asked me if 'Arsenal' is a movie series, and i said no. But I was wondering why she asked such a question and she later said to me that it's because their fans are always waiting for next season. grin grin

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by Princeton92(m): 6:14am On Jul 21, 2021
Impressively good... What's next?

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by castrokins(m): 6:14am On Jul 21, 2021
When Are Obi Cubana, Dangote And Ote$ Going?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by skywalker240(m): 6:14am On Jul 21, 2021
Impressive

Dangote is only concerned about monopolizing the whole Nigeria aided by those stupid cow's angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:15am On Jul 21, 2021
Nice

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by Gadafii: 6:15am On Jul 21, 2021
What money can not do, too much money can

One day, iam gonna buy plots of land in space, Weldon Jeff u dey motivate me aje grin

Vanity crew, please avoid this thread, cos I fit burst bottle for una head

5 Likes

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by Sirmuel1(m): 6:15am On Jul 21, 2021
The total cost can change my life forever....but they chose to waste it on a stvpid and useless trip.

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by Algold: 6:15am On Jul 21, 2021
Make money

Make you nor be reader alone but achiever

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by Dranoid: 6:15am On Jul 21, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Space that our mothers in Africa have been going for many years without any noise
haba now grin. How many of them don reach Australia sef not to talk of space, abi na sango dey provide the air/astronaut equipment?

5 Likes

Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by akitrevs: 6:16am On Jul 21, 2021
Good for him
Re: Jeff Bezos And Crew Reaches Space Successfully by Ausval: 6:16am On Jul 21, 2021
Our billionaires na to dey spray money for up dehumanizing the people around them

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massacre Of 1,428 Dolphins In Faroe Island Sparks Global Outrage. / Is This Baby Python? (Pics) / Hand Swells After Killing A Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.