Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,809 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression (1417 Views)

Anambra’s Largest Gospel Music Fiesta, 'Expression' Holds In Awka(photos) / What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman / RCCG Convention 2019: "And God Said" - August 5 - 11th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by englishmart(m): 10:20am On Jul 21, 2021
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Few days later He created other things, like day and night, and finally He made man in His own image and likeness. After the creation, God saw everything was good. He confirmed it Himself and was satisfied with his works. All was perfect, no error.
Fast-forward to genesis 6:6. One of His creations (man) disappointed and He regretted creating man. Which suggests that all he created wasn't really as good as He thought. He wished he didn't create man.
The confusion here is that, God knows the end from the beginning. He knows every area in our lives we'd ever with. He's not a proponent of regrets. Regrets come only after an error had occurred. I believe, God should know Adam would eventually mess up. He sees ahead of time.

Could someone help demystify this?

1 Like

Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by TheOldGods: 10:24am On Jul 21, 2021
englishmart:
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. A few days later He created other things, like day and night, and finally, He made man in His image and likeness. After the creation, God saw everything was good. He confirmed it Himself and was satisfied with his works. All was perfect, with ith ith ith ith ith ith no error.
Fast-forward to genesis 6:6. One of His creations (man) was was was was disappointed and He regretted creating man. This suggests that all he created wasn't as He thought. He wished he didn't create man.
The confusion here is that d knows the end from the beginning. He knows every area in our lives we'd ever with. He's not a proponent of regrets. Regrets come only after an error had occurred. I believe, God should know Adam would eventually mess up. He sees ahead of time.

Could someone help demystify this?
God only knows what he knows. Anything beyond him he doesn't. The future he doesn't. One thing I also figured out about god of the Bible is that he didn't have control of everything we do, actions we take. He just sits and watches.

Check op, I corrected all your misspellings and your bad prepositions grin
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by englishmart(m): 10:26am On Jul 21, 2021
TheOldGods:
god only knows what he knows. Anything beyond him he doesn't. The future he doesn't.
Yet he knows you right before you were conceived in your mother's womb.

1 Like

Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by englishmart(m): 10:28am On Jul 21, 2021
TheOldGods:
god only knows what he knows. Anything beyond him he doesn't. [/b]The future he doesn't.
[b] You really think there's something beyond God?
God can do everything, but he doesn't do everything. That's why they say He e doesn't lie.

1 Like

Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by TheOldGods: 10:29am On Jul 21, 2021
englishmart:
Yet he knows you right before you were conceived in your mother's womb.
well he knows a fetus is in a womb I presume. Not as if he knows what I will do and become.

1 Like

Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by englishmart(m): 10:30am On Jul 21, 2021
TheOldGods:
well he knows a fetus is in a womb I presume. Not as if he knows what I will do and become.
I believe that's where "Will" comes in. But your will doesn't supersede His. Remember Saul?

1 Like

Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by TheOldGods: 10:32am On Jul 21, 2021
englishmart:
You think there's something beyond God?
God can do everything, but he doesn't do everything. That's why they say He e doesn't lie.
yet he doesn't know that the serpent will trick man. The serpent said to Adam, eat this fruit and be like a god. Being a god won't give him immortality or something, but man became a god. The serpent was trying to tell the man that the god they know hides a lot from them. Either instigate fear in them buying saying those words.
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by TheOldGods: 10:33am On Jul 21, 2021
englishmart:
I believe that's where "Will" comes in. But your will doesn't supersede His. Remember Saul?
what about moses? What about Adam and Eve? Was his will to send them out of eden?
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by englishmart(m): 10:36am On Jul 21, 2021
TheOldGods:
what about moses? What about Adam and Eve? Was his will to send them out of eden?
His Will isn't to be understood by mere mortals. My concern is mainly the regret aspect. I'm just concerned that God Himself regrets or regretted

1 Like

Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by englishmart(m): 10:38am On Jul 21, 2021
TheOldGods:
yet he doesn't know that the serpent will trick man. The serpent said to Adam, eat this fruit and be like a god. Being a god won't give him immortality or something, but man became a god. The serpent was trying to tell the man that the god they know hides a lot from them. Either instigate fear in them buying saying those words.
If God is omnipotent, omniscient, etc, It's expected He knows things before hand.

1 Like

Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by truespeak: 11:01am On Jul 21, 2021
englishmart:
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Few days later He created other things, like day and night, and finally He made man in His own image and likeness. After the creation, God saw everything was good. He confirmed it Himself and was satisfied with his works. All was perfect, no error.

No problem here!

englishmart:

Fast-forward to genesis 6:6. One of His creations (man) disappointed and He regretted creating man. Which suggests that all he created wasn't really as good as He thought.

You rightly stated that one of his creations disappointed Him then you wrongfully conclude that all disappointed him? See how you contradict yourself for one creation's disappointment is not all creation's disappointment, thus this falls!

englishmart:

He wished he didn't create man. The confusion here is that, God knows the end from the beginning. He knows every area in our lives we'd ever with. He's not a proponent of regrets. Regrets come only after an error had occurred

No error occurred on God's part for as you Admitted up there God confirmed no Errors so then why was God disappointed?

Simply because a Dis-appointment comes from the Failure of an Appointment.

Meaning man was Appointed and Imbued and Made with the Capability to Pass and Overcome ALL.

Meaning he must and is supposed to pass and pass superbly thus a failure to do so must bring about a dis-appointment from He who had appointed you!

No one is disappointed when a thing which you expect to fail, fails but disappointment proceeds when a thing surprising fails when it has No Reason to.

God's disappointment at man's failure is thus understandable having made him without Errors as everything else, so the failure of the man is on him not on God!

englishmart:
. I believe, God should know Adam would eventually mess up. He sees ahead of time.

This is where your Appointor having the Power to know All things can choose to exercise the option of not knowing!

And God sometimes excersises this Option as can be seen when He brought the animals to Adam "To see what he would call them" and again in Sodom and Gomorrah "I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it"

So therefore the conclusion of the matter, is that man has Gravely Disappointed His Appointor and Creator rather than Confirm his Appointment to the Pleasure of his Creator.

2 Likes

Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by Heartbender: 11:17am On Jul 21, 2021
See it like this. We are God's "artificial intelligence". When a robotic engineer creates a robot, he knows everything about the robot. However, he also knows that the robot can malfunction. He has foreseen all of this but hopes that it would serve its purpose accordingly. This is a rough explanation of "and God repented". There are series of cases where top car manufacturing companies recall their cars for diverse reasons. Does it mean their customers do not trust them to make good cars or they did not know how to make good cars? God is all knowing. He knew that the serpent would tempt Eve. But before Adam and Eve was the WILL to choose life and death. Whatever their choices becomes the foreseen outcome

1 Like

Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by Kondomatic(m): 11:31am On Jul 21, 2021
englishmart:
If God is omnipotent, omniscient, etc, It's expected He knows things before hand.
I wish I can explain this for you to understand.

The problem here is the word "regret" right?
Because to regret means to have a change of mind and to have a change of mind means one has made a mistake? I get the confusion.

The Hebrew word that was translated to regret is "y in'nā'hem" and the word is used when one wants "regret" without implying error.

It's more about feelings, like disappointed, pain etc.

Let's say you give you brother N100k to set up a business but he squanders it, deep down you will feel sad and "regret" what's happened but you didn't make a mistake. It's a normal thing to do.

God didn't regret creating man because he made a mistake, rather he was sad because of what must be done to man to punish him for his sins.

He pitied man for what he has brought upon himself.

3 Likes

Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by TheOldGods: 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
englishmart:
His Will isn't to be understood by mere mortals. My concern is mainly the regret aspect. I'm just concerned that God Himself regrets or regretted
oga you're contradicting yourself. You're limited only what you read from a book of what people wrote..
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by TheOldGods: 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2021
englishmart:
someone gave you an example, using a robot, according to the book, that God created man, we are like robot he knows that we have hands and can fight, eat, we have legs and can run, we have brains and can think, a some common sense will tell you humans will build mansions and explore fight and kill each other since they know what they (God ) knows etc. But beyond the things he knows we can do, he does not no anymore. Like he doesn't know the next action you can take. Etc. Go read that you're Bible properly. Hence the essence of eating the forbidden fruit which allows man to do actions without God knowing.
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by shadeyinka(m): 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2021
TheOldGods:
someone gave you an example, using a robot, according to the book, that God created man, we are like robot he knows that we have hands and can fight, eat, we have legs and can run, we have brains and can think, a some common sense will tell you humans will build mansions and explore fight and kill each other since they know what they (God ) knows etc. But beyond the things he knows we can do, he does not no anymore. Like he doesn't know the next action you can take. Etc. Go read that you're Bible properly. Hence the essence of eating the forbidden fruit which allows man to do actions without God knowing.
The forbidden fruit make man his own standard of good and evil/right and wrong.
Like the world is legalizing the LGBT lifestyle as okay.
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by TheOldGods: 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

The forbidden fruit make man his own standard of good and evil/right and wrong.
Like the world is legalizing the LGBT lifestyle as okay.
the Bible clearly stated the fruit will make them think like God. Please reference your book.
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by Dtruthspeaker: 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2021
englishmart:
[b]Fast-forward
to genesis 6:6. One of His creations (man) disappointed and He regretted creating man. Which suggests that all he created wasn't really as good as He thought. He wished he didn't create man.

What kind of Skip thinking is this (Fallacy)?

A food which was well cooked and enjoyed but later poison was introduced to it does it mean the food was not good?

Or a perfect drinking water which was later pissed into, does that mean that the water was not good?

Bad thinking, bad product. Learn from "Hyundai"

We have dealt with this topic endlessly yet people always think that they are the first to conceive this bad thinking.
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by Dtruthspeaker: 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2021
englishmart:

I am sure you have not paid any attention to these words as my friend Truespeak brought forward

"To see what he would call them" and again in Sodom and Gomorrah "I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it"

And I add "And God Saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth".

And all over the Bible, you will see that God does not often exercise His Right and Power to know things before hand.
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by shadeyinka(m): 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2021
TheOldGods:
the Bible clearly stated the fruit will make them think like God. Please reference your book.
No sir. They would be LIKE God who decides what is good (for Himself) and what is evil. The standard yardstick of morality!
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by OloshoMan: 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2021
In my opinion GOD dey craze tbh
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by englishmart(m): 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
OloshoMan:
In my opinion GOD dey craze tbh

1 Like

Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by englishmart(m): 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

No sir. They would be LIKE God who decides what is good (for Himself) and what is evil. The standard yardstick of morality!
You're both saying the same thing

1 Like

Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by TheOldGods: 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

im sorry, I guess we are both wrong then, since there is no other definition in that Bible that explains what he meant as being a god.
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by TheOldGods: 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I am sure you have not paid any attention to these words as my friend Truespeak brought forward

"To see what he would call them" and again in Sodom and Gomorrah "I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it"

And I add "And God Saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth".

And all over the Bible, you will see that God does not often exercise His Right and Power to know things beforehand.

why is he seeing a bi saw
(Past tense) when he already knows. Seeing means he is just getting to know. I saw you enter my car. Means it's something that happened before and it is not the future.. What if I said, I know you entered my car. Then thats something else.
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by TheOldGods: 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

What kind of Skip thinking is this (Fallacy)?

Food which was well cooked and enjoyed but later poison was introduced to it does it mean the food was not good?

Or perfect drinking water which was later pissed into, does that mean that the water was not good?

Bad thinking, bad product. Learn from "Hyundai"

We have dealt with this topic endlessly yet people always think that they are the first to conceive this bad thinking.

I think his question should be, why would the god of the Bible say he regrets when he has already seen the future. He knows everything, unless the only possible way that god can know everything but still do it is because he has no free will, either it is already programmed to happen no matter what he does, it will still get back to the beginning.

Perhaps, if you tell me that god compelled himself to a timeline, or charmed himself and everything and wrote it for to the end of time, then he knows everything, but can't do anything about it. At the end the same thing he charmed happened.
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by Dtruthspeaker: 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2021
TheOldGods:
I think his question should be, why would the god of the Bible say he regrets when he has already seen the future.
He knows everything, unless the only possible way that god can know everything but still do it is because he has no free will, either it is already programmed to happen no matter what he does, it will still get back to the beginning.

Perhaps, if you tell me that god compelled himself to a timeline, or charmed himself and everything and wrote it for to the end of time, then he knows everything, but can't do anything about it. At the end the same thing he charmed happened.

I addressed this
"And all over the Bible, you will see that God does not often exercise His Right and Power to know things beforehand"
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by Dtruthspeaker: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
TheOldGods:
why is he seeing a bi saw
(Past tense) when he already knows. Seeing means he is just getting to know. I saw you enter my car. Means it's something that happened before and it is not the future.. What if I said, I know you entered my car. Then thats something else.

That is why I said And all over the Bible, you will see that God does not often exercise His Right and Power to know things beforehand".
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by 22jumpstreet: 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2021
The only thing I see there is that man is imperfect by design....there I no long story to it...
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by Dtruthspeaker: 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
22jumpstreet:
The only thing I see there is that man is imperfect by design....there I no long story to it...

It is amazing how you guys can think badly. A badly designed creation eg phone, car, plane will reveal its flaw immediately.

But when a product has been confirmed to be good eg Toyota, Benz, iPhone, and it is reported that some lunatic has fiddled and interfered with its factory settings, it can no longer be a design failure.

Party rice which was good earlier can not be blamed when one evil girlfriend pissed in it!

Be reasonable.
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by 22jumpstreet: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

It is amazing how you guys can think badly. A badly designed creation eg phone, car, plane will reveal its flaw immediately.

But when a product has been confirmed to be good eg Toyota, Benz, iPhone, and it is reported that some lunatic has fiddled and interfered with its factory settings, it can no longer be a design failure.

Party rice which was good earlier can not be blamed when one evil girlfriend pissed in it!

Be reasonable.

So, that's what I see..except reality has turned its back on you. Like Gary Busey.
Re: ... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression by 22jumpstreet: 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Be reasonable.

Man was designed and equipped with the ability and capacity to choose. What are expected to choose from? ...good and evil

Life and death.
Isn't it?

Today I place before you, life and death, good end evil...deuteronomy 28..

And some people has mastered the act of making the wrong choices.
So that is why I asked my question why are some acts considered evil? You where dancing like a headless chicken...

It is God who created both and us....

In his infinite mercy and intelligence., he also gave us the Torah or his laws to guide us...
I think the ultimate reason is for us to learn and grow..

You put your finger for fire today..tomorrow nobody will tell you to stay 100 meters where dem set fire..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deeper Life Cancels Aba Crusade Because Of IPOB Threats / What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW / Fuel To Be Reverted To Old Price Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.