Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe (1509 Views)

I Will Stand As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety If Granted Bail – Senator Orji Uzor Kalu / Ndume Stands As Surety For Abdul-rasheed Maina / Okorocha: Any Sane Person Who Hears My Voice Will Stand Still, Amaechi Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by Lajet: 8:38am On Jul 22, 2021
Senate Minority Leader, Enyinaya Abaribe, has insisted he would stand surety again for the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, given the same circumstances.

Abaribe stated this on Wednesday during an interview on TVC’s Journalists Hangout.

The lawmaker explained that he stood surety for Kanu, because it was a condition imposed by the court.

According to Abaribe, the court ordered that one of the sureties must be a Senator, and as the Chairman of the Southeast Senators Caucus then, he had to offer himself.

When asked whether Senator Ike Ekweremadu, who is now the Chairman of Southeast Caucus, would agree to stand as sure for Kanu should the need arise, Abaribe said he would not know.

Abaribe said: “There is a difference between jumping bail and escaping for your life. I went back to court and deposed that on the basis of the principle of ‘last seen’, that the last people seen with him were soldiers of the Nigerian army who were invading his father’s residence.

“The judge ultimately ruled that she was revoking bail and issued a warrant of arrest, thereby removing us from the responsibility of providing him.”

Abaribe was then asked if he would be willing to stand surety for Kanu again, if the IPOB leader was offered bail.

He replied: “If the circumstances are the same, then why not?

“The first time, the judge said they needed a Senator to be part of his sureties. So if a judge says that again that they need a Senator, I don’t see why I won’t. I am a Senator and I come from the South East.

“We can’t run away from our responsibility. He’s our son. He’s from our state (Abia)
https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/22/i-will-stand-surety-for-nnamdi-kanu-again-abaribe/

5 Likes

Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by PrinceOfLagos: 8:42am On Jul 22, 2021
I like the never say die spirit of the Igbos

This man Abaribe is indeed a hero. he has done for Nnamdi Kanu and the igbos what Tinubu will never do for Sunday Igboho and the entire Yoruba race .

10 Likes

Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by Xpol: 8:42am On Jul 22, 2021
Nice one, I’m not Igbo and I don’t support kanu’s style of self determination but I really love hearing those statements made by Abaribe he’s really representing well it’s not a must to please the government at the centre

3 Likes

Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by Monogamy: 8:44am On Jul 22, 2021
The problem is there won't be bail condition this time..

1 Like

Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by MajesticKris: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2021
ONE! of the 3Wise MEN we Have HERE in the EAST!! cheesy

They will change tactics this time ohh... You for no talk that last part SIR!

Whatever!! grin

Hopefully they might need an EX PRESIDENT THIS TIME!!!!
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by Jerryherd: 8:50am On Jul 22, 2021
It's his responsibility, Kanu is from Abia State, Abaribe represents Abia State in the Senate
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by Clerverly: 8:53am On Jul 22, 2021
Who will even grant bail to that animal again?
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by liketerm: 8:55am On Jul 22, 2021
Abaribe dey take style dey campaign for 2023 election. If you know you know
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by kenzysmith: 8:56am On Jul 22, 2021
This guy jail they hungry am. Buhari right now

Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by kenzysmith: 9:00am On Jul 22, 2021
liketerm:
if this is how to campaign then he has shoot him self on the foot, the northern elders will rather die for him.to emerged president. U self they think na if this is how to campaign ouk and okorocha would ve speak out. Or he is going for governor in his state and that depend on who abia governor pick in d primaries

1 Like

Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by nairalandankrah: 9:01am On Jul 22, 2021
Abaribe!
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 22, 2021
kenzysmith:
if this is how to campaign then he has shoot him self on the foot, the northern elders will rather die for him.to emerged president. U self they think na if this is our to campaign ouk and okorocha would ve speak out
I think he meant senate or maybe abia governorship
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by Chris525: 9:08am On Jul 22, 2021
The same person who instigated the killing and destruction of lives and property in the same country that you represent? This is not good.

Abaribe is digging the hole that might bury him. I was fancying him for SP should a yoruba & northerner become President and VP next.

He’s hurt his chances standing with a questionable character. Its not up to me but all the political players are watching. Another igbo man I fancy has taken the L. I’m disappointed.

If a Tinubu would bail an igboho; he’d never do it directly. Its not being a coward, its tact. The battle doesn’t end, its an ever continuous marathon. You must remain in the mix to keep fighting for your people & interest.
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by DrSamOnowu87(m): 9:09am On Jul 22, 2021
Igbo Amaka.
Ofu obi(one heart) we go there on d 26 & 27th of July. Whatever condition they adduce,we'll fulfil it even as it is, Sen. Ike Ekweremmadu would gladly sign for his bail out. The recent happenings in d cow_ntri has shown that d center cannot hold any longer and very soon d wind of change will blow.
If d Northeners can stand with . Isa Pantami,Sheik Gumi,Boko Haram, Bandits,Kidnappers & Killer herdsmen, We d Igbos are solidly behind MNK. I also want to applaud d SW people for standing behind their own son Igboho.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by Chris525: 9:09am On Jul 22, 2021
This guy knows Nigerian Politics.

kenzysmith:
if this is how to campaign then he has shoot him self on the foot, the northern elders will rather die for him.to emerged president. U self they think na if this is our to campaign ouk and okorocha would ve speak out
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by kenzysmith: 9:13am On Jul 22, 2021
Mikecold:
I think he meant senate or maybe abia governorship
ok
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by PrinceOfLagos: 9:15am On Jul 22, 2021
Chris525:

The same person who instigated the killing and destruction of lives and property in the same country that you represent? This is not good.

Abaribe is digging the hole that might bury him. I was fancying him for SP should a yoruba & northerner become President and VP next.

He’s hurt his chances standing with a questionable character. Its not up to me but all the political players are watching. Another igbo man I fancy has taken the L. I’m disappointed.

If a Tinubu would bail an igboho; he’d never do it directly. Its not being a coward, its tact. The battle doesn’t end, its an ever continuous marathon. You must remain in the mix to keep fighting for your people & interest.

2023 is about the North and Igbo presidency, know this and have peace .
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by Tomilola360: 9:16am On Jul 22, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

This man Abaribe is indeed a hero. he has done for Nnamdi Kanu and the igbos what Tinubu will never do for Sunday Igboho and the entire Yoruba race .

We do not support bastards
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by PrinceOfLagos: 9:17am On Jul 22, 2021
Tomilola360:

We do not support bastards
So Sunday Igboho is now the bastard abi cheesy

You guys are unpredictable walahi

1 Like

Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by esnbrutality: 9:22am On Jul 22, 2021
SEE AS THEY ARE SALIVATING AND YARNING DUST

AFONJA MISCREANTS ARE PATHETIC...THIS SAME ABARIBE EXPOSED THE INNER WORKINGS OF THE "USELESS PROGRESSIVE PROPAGANDA" BY SOUTH WEST POLITICIANS WHO REJECTED ELECTRONIC VOTING AND SUPPORTED "BALLOT SNATCHING" BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT WITH E-VOTING THEY WILL LOOSE EVEN IN THEIR PRIVATE HOUSES.

THIS IS NOT HYPOCRISY IT IS TREACHERY AND IT IS MASQUERADED ON A REGULAR, BY DEVIOUS CHARACTERS CLAIMING TO BE LEADERS.

IGBO PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT AFONJA HATE YOU AND LOVE KILLER HERDSMEN., AS LONG AS THE WAR IS NOT IN THEIR ZONE, THEY DONT CARE!!

1 Like

Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by Jerryherd: 9:22am On Jul 22, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

All this small small children sef

Go and read history of all the sacrifice Tinubu made during June 12 saga ...

Read about his sacrifice for Ngige ,Ladoja and Atiku when Obasanjo wanted to end them

Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by alphaeus212(m): 9:32am On Jul 22, 2021
:DIGBO MEN WITH BALLS .....am not talking of fake ones like Rochas or ngige

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by OBALOLA55(m): 9:45am On Jul 22, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

YOUR TAQIYYA NOR DEY WORK AGAIN, I THINK ITS TIME TO CHANGE YOUR PATTERNgrin
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by OBALOLA55(m): 9:48am On Jul 22, 2021
Monogamy:
The problem is there won't be bail condition this time..
HERDSMAN WE DON HEAR YOU, NOW GO AND EAT YOUR GRASS MEAL IN PEACE angry

1 Like

Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by EmmanuelScott1(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2021
Abaribe the true son of the soil, a great man indeed.

Abeg who go run am for igboho grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by Chris525: 10:17am On Jul 22, 2021
After everything with , MNK, ESN, UGM, IPOB & all, I reckon the APC/North would rather handover to Tinubu or whoever he picks. The igbos have blown their chance at the presidency with Buhari just when they were so close.

PrinceOfLagos:

2023 is about the North and Igbo presidency, know this and have peace .
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by Austineva2: 10:18am On Jul 22, 2021
God bless Abaribe, he has proven beyond words to be a true Igbo leader. God bless you, Sir
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by PrinceOfLagos: 10:32am On Jul 22, 2021
Chris525:

After everything with , MNK, ESN, UGM, IPOB & all, I reckon the APC/North would rather handover to Tinubu or whoever he picks. The igbos have blown their chance at the presidency with Buhari just when they were so close.

Whatever
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by clarocuzioo(m): 11:40am On Jul 22, 2021
Good one Abaribe. You are indeed a great man.
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by Olatomiwami(m): 11:45am On Jul 22, 2021
MajesticKris:
ONE! of the 3Wise MEN we Have HERE in the EAST!! cheesy

They will change tactics this time ohh... You for no talk that last part SIR!

Whatever!! grin

Hopefully they might need an EX PRESIDENT THIS TIME!!!!

Abaribe knew u guys are emotional,he will always b playing to the gallery to cover his non performance to his constituency by talking only,no dividend of democracy in Abia,has he ever been against your kerosene governor,Ikpeazu?
Re: I Will Stand Surety For Nnamdi Kanu Again – Abaribe by Olatomiwami(m): 11:47am On Jul 22, 2021
liketerm:

Before nko? He knows the emotional and gullibility of his constituency now,talk no action,their past time is Tinubu and SW,radarada.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Contractors Stun As Buhari Rejects Kickback Cheques Of Unimaginable Amounts / FG, National Assembly - Deal With Greedy Doctors / No Light, No Fuel, No Food, Things Are Getting worse Everyday In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.