Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri - Politics (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri (66066 Views)

How The Binis Enslaved Igbo People For Centuries - Reno Omokri (VIDEO) / Exposed!!! Why Fulanis See Igbos As Their Worst Enemy / After Selling Assets, FG May Sell Nigerians As Slaves To Fund Budget - Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by PapaFejiro: 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

Where is this dunce, I gave you facts and you refuse to respond? Brainless scallawag with no history. Because you have a mobile phone, you can just type rubbish. Useless old foool
Chai, you fall your father hand, that's if you have one.
What facts did you give? That heads of kings are chopped off before they are buried?
You are beneath an animal. I am sorry to say.
You can go on messing yourself up. Nice day.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by iSlayer: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2021
Gambit23:

Nope.

Haha.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2021
Miscellaneous:

Look at the last line of the image below(though I made a mistake saying 200k, they're actually 300k... read that article a long while)

Ijaws have no documented history about their existence. It's a known fact. Can you bring articles from renowned authors in the 19th century about them? Dont bring hungry bloggers doctored posts here bro.

How many ijaws vs urhobo/isoko/okpe have you met? I can tell you for a fact that you have met more urhobo/isoko/okpe. If wikipedia is saying ijaws are 15million, the urhobo/isoko/okpe will not be far from 10million bro. How many people are in bayelsa? It's like you have not been there

Where did you get the info that ibos are 3.9m in 1920? Even more than yorubas? Again, cite articles from renowned authors and not hungry bloggers! Yorubas are more than ibos by some margin!

""Look at the last line of the image below(though I made a mistake saying 200k, they're actually 300k... read that article a long while)""

Okpe, Isoko and urhobo are all found in delta state and the population of delta state is 4 million max, If we remove IGBO and Itsekiri popualtion from the 4 million, those 3 tribes number 2 million or less. WHERE ARE THOSE 10 MILLION PEOPLE, MENTION THEM NOW,WHICH STATE ARE THEY RESIDING?

Pls stop using wikipedia, how can ijaw be 15 million people while less than 2 million Ijaws live in Bayelsa as majority and have little populations in delta, indo and porthacout...Where are those 15 million Ijaws? HOW CAN IJAW BE 15 MILLION PEOPLE AND YET THE ONLY STATE THEY DOMINATE IS A STATE WITH 2 MILLION PEOPLE MAX...PLS WHERE ARE THOSE OTHER 13 MILLION IJAWS?

Yes,igbo population in the 1921 census was 4.9 million people, double of that of yorubas, Anyone thinking that IGBOs are not much more populated than yorubas is very ignorant and lacks any form of knowledge.

IGBOs make up over 95% of IGBO land

IGBOs make up 75% of Rivers state.

IGBOs make up 50% of delta state.

And in every nogerian state u visit, IGBOS represent the most populated tribe behind the main tribe of that state.

Dream on

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2021
Miscellaneous:

Look at the last line of the image below(though I made a mistake saying 200k, they're actually 300k... read that article a long while)

Ijaws have no documented history about their existence. It's a known fact. Can you bring articles from renowned authors in the 19th century about them? Dont bring hungry bloggers doctored posts here bro.

How many ijaws vs urhobo/isoko/okpe have you met? I can tell you for a fact that you have met more urhobo/isoko/okpe. If wikipedia is saying ijaws are 15million, the urhobo/isoko/okpe will not be far from 10million bro. How many people are in bayelsa? It's like you have not been there

Where did you get the info that ibos are 3.9m in 1920? Even more than yorubas? Again, cite articles from renowned authors and not hungry bloggers! Yorubas are more than ibos by some margin!

The truth is out, That bronze with tribal Mark's are yorubas... enjoy urself.

https://www.facebook.com/100024984765423/posts/981245226051627/?app=fbl
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2021
Miscellaneous:

If you ever went to school, you must have been taught about jaja of opobo and nanna of itsekiri. We had most ibos as slaves back then because of our direct relationship with the Portuguese and then British. Most African history are generally undocumented so it may not be obvious today. Reno Omokri provided castings from bini and itsekiris showing ibos as their slaves, the onus is now on you and others to show a counter Proof and perhaps, explain why we have you in castings as slaves.

You are one of those who think only ibo, yoruba and hausa are the only tribes in Nigeria. This tone is all over your scribblings, but today you will learn new things.

Read the first paragraph and explain to yourself how itsekiri was able to dominate the 15th century with Antonio Dom Domingo ... the king of warri, first educated in sub saharan Africa. There are lots of books on it bro

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olu_Atuwatse_I

Did you know itsekiris chief dore numa was the only man from Niger delta to sign for everyone in south leading to the 1914 almagamation?

U go learn new things today

The truth is out, the bronze image with tribal Mark's aren't IGBOs, They are yorubas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMy0QoFQpNY
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Dartilo(m): 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
Gambit23:

The truth is out, the bronze image with tribal Mark's aren't IGBOs, They are yorubas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMy0QoFQpNY

Wow Benin empire is top notch,I am wandering btw Benin empire and Itsekiri who was the overlord?was Itsekiri kingdom equal to Benin? Was Itsekiri protecting Benin?
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Miscellaneous(m): 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
Gambit23:

about jaja of opobo and nanna of itsekiri. We had most ibos as slaves""

Mufu, Jaja of Opobo was never a slave to any Nigerian tribe, For u to claim him as ur slave means u are a grossly misinformed dullard, dont even vomit that fallacy again..

""Reno Omokri provided castings from bini and itsekiris showing ibos as their slaves""

I can see that u are a very backward mentally,
For starters are u Bini? How can a useless Itsekrir man called reno scream that Itsekiri had IGBO slaves and we blasted him for evidence, He got scared and started uploading bini bronzes grin grin......The bronze video he uploaded shows IGBOs once fought battles with bini people as best (which is a recorded fact, goan read about Idu wars, u will quickly discover that IGBOs were an integral part of the bini kingdom). Idu wars was a war between IGBO settlers in bini kingdom and a Bini king and the war caused many IGBOs from idu to start returning home, most of them settled in Anioma and Asaba and the remnants returned to onitsha and other parts of IGBO land. (Recheck those bronze images, they look like warriors).

The returning Man named Eze chima came back n formed onitsha with his wife who was a Bini woman.

""why we have you in castings as slaves"c

Dont be silly, the video was castings of a wounded person, probably a soldier who fought in those battles.

'Did you know itsekiris chief dore numa was the only man from Niger delta to sign for everyone in south leading to the 1914 almagamation?"

Be quiet, he was a useless slaves to the whites and he never signed amalgamation for the IGBOs because the IGBOs never accepted the amalgamation and therefore refused to come to the event. Goan read up, Obong of calabar was among the people who signed the almagamation, so dont blah that an unknown and inconsequential Itsekiri man signed anything on behalf of IGBOs.

Next time dont ever upload wikipedia as a proof to anything, Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia where anyone can log in and edit articles.
I never said jaja of opobo was a slave, I was saying you must of read tales of nana of itsekiri who fought wars. I just went ahead to list jaja of opobo as another individual you must know in history books too because it seems you are not informed about other tribes, it's obvious.

However, I have to stop arguing with you because you're overly emotional in this issue. I really pray and hope you ibos get biafra, but know that no inch of niger delta region will ever be a part of that biafra. No inch, not again! Ibos need to be put on a tight leech, and that's why we the binis and itsekiris used them as slaves, even fulani are still using them today as slaves. Goodluck and bye slave

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
Dartilo:

Wow Benin empire is top notch,I am wandering btw Benin empire and Itsekiri who was the overlord?was Itsekiri kingdom equal to Benin? Was Itsekiri protecting Benin?

Itsekiri population was 30,000 I'm the 19th Century, There is no way they can compare themselves with Bini people.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 5:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Dartilo(m): 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2021
Gambit23:

Itsekiri population was 30,000 I'm the 19th Century, There is no way they can compare themselves with Bini people.

Thank you,I intentionally ask that question because I could see from his statement he was trying to put Itsekiri as equals to the Benin in ancient time,History will always tell us that Itsekiri were under the protection of the benins, or am I wrong?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2021
Miscellaneous:

I never said jaja of opobo was a slave, I was saying you must of read tales of nana of itsekiri who fought wars. I just went ahead to list jaja of opobo as another individual you must know in history books too because it seems you are not informed about other tribes, it's obvious.

However, I have to stop arguing with you because you're overly emotional in this issue. I really pray and hope you ibos get biafra, but know that no inch of niger delta region will ever be a part of that biafra. No inch, not again! Ibos need to be put on a tight leech, and that's why we the binis and itsekiris used them as slaves, even fulani are still using them today as slaves. Goodluck and bye slave

I caught u lying and u are here talking nonsense.

'"However, I have to stop arguing with you because you're overly emotional in this issue. I really pray and hope you ibos get biafra, but know that no inch of niger delta region will ever be a part of that biafra. No inch, not again! Ibos need to be put on a tight leech, and that's why we the binis and itsekiris used them as slaves, even fulani are still using them today as slaves. Goodluck and bye.""

U dont understand these things, IGBOs do not need ur small Itsekiri tribe to get biafra

IGBOs do not need any tribe in SS to get biafra.

We dont need, it is you that needs us because even if u are given 50,000 years, U will not be able to leave Nigeria on ur own, itsekriri is less than 500k people and the whole SS make up 30% of IGBO population

U are not allowed to decide the faith of IGBOs in SS, IGBOs are by far the most populated tribe in the SS and u know this. I personally hate the idea of a Biafra with small small tribes joining it cuz I dont want to hear IGBOS ARE MARGINALZING US, IGBOS ARE DOMINATING US.

We will leave nigeria with only IGBO speakers in the SE, SS and middle belt.

Go to hell with ur Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by zinizta: 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2021
1Sharon:

Lagos Island no dey Lagos?

And apparently Benin ppl were the 1st settlers in Lagos?

Is that what your parents told you?

No be only apparently
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2021
Dartilo:

Thank you,I intentionally ask that question because I could see from his statement he was trying to put Itsekiri as equals to the Benin in ancient time,History will always tell us that Itsekiri were under the protection of the benins, or am I wrong?

That was exactly what Reno Omokri did...he tried to lift up little urhobo to become equals with the Bini
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2021
zinizta:

No be only apparently

He's actually right though, The first settlers in lagos are bini people. It used to be their war camp back then, Eko means war camp and Eko has no meaning in Yoruba lexicon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Dartilo(m): 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2021
Gambit23:

That was exactly what Reno Omokri did...he tried to lift up little urhobo to become equals with the Bini

Benin protected Itsekiri from others expansionist because it was part of the empire and lots of Benin princes and cheifs where Kings and elite there....
The truth is that it's obvious that current day Benin City is a shadow of what the ancient empire use to be,I jus read an European article that states that Benin was the first city in the world to use street light,but it was powered by local lamp and oil,that alone marvel me... respect to the Benin Ancestors

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by zinizta: 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2021
Gambit23:

He's actually right though, The first settlers in lagos are bini people. It used to be their war camp back then, Eko means war camp and Eko has no meaning in Yoruba lexicon

You are just as delusional as he is

I am from Ikere Ekiti ... The Benins installed the Ogoga of Ikere

Ogoga is a Benin word. Does it mean the settlers are Binis

Read instead of imagining rubbish

2 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 5:33pm On Jul 24, 2021
zinizta:

You are just as delusional as he is

I am from Ikere Ekiti ... The Benins installed the Ogoga of Ikere

Ogoga is a Benin word. Does it mean the settlers are Binis

Read instead of imagining rubbish

So u dont know the old bini kingdom introduced Oba leadership in Yoruba land?

I still repeat, the Bini are the first settlers in lagos. Goan read ur history.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
Dartilo:

Benin protected Itsekiri from others expansionist because it was part of the empire and lots of Benin princes and cheifs where Kings and elite there....
The truth is that it's obvious that current day Benin City is a shadow of what the ancient empire use to be,I jus read an European article that states that Benin was the first city in the world to use street light,but it was powered by local lamp and oil,that alone marvel me... respect to the Benin Ancestors

Yes, the bini dates as far back as thousands of years ago, They equally have age long written history
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by zinizta: 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2021
Gambit23:

So u dont know the old bini kingdom introduced Oba leadership in Yoruba land?

I still repeat, the Bini are the first settlers in lagos. Goan read ur history.

So Binis introduce the Alaafin of OYO

Who dey give you Bobo drink

The two greatest empires in Southern Nigeria are the Benin Empire and Oyo Empire

Use your own advice read stop spreading ignorance

FYI Binis share similar Yoruba ancestry

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2021
zinizta:

So Binis introduce the Alaafin of OYO

Who dey give you Bobo drink

The two greatest empires in Southern Nigeria are the Benin Empire and Oyo Empire

Use your own advice read stop spreading ignorance

FYI Binis share similar Yoruba ancestry

Bini kingdom installed the Obaship system of govt in Yoruba land.

Pls next time call it bini kingdom and Oyo kingdom, they weren't empires.

If u want to know what an empire is, u can study the Byzantine empire, Roman empire, The Ummayid caliphate, British Empire, Qing Dynasty and Ottman empire.

Ogoga as a bini word used in Yoruba land simply shows that there is Bini influence in Yoruba culture and yoruba land

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by 1Sharon(f): 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2021
zinizta:

No be only apparently

What territory is Lagos Island then?

Yeye finish you there.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by zinizta: 6:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
Gambit23:

Bini kingdom installed the Obaship system of govt in Yoruba land.

Pls next time call it bini kingdom and Oyo kingdom, they weren't empires.

If u want to know what an empire is, u can study the Byzantine empire, Roman empire, The Ummayid caliphate, British Empire, Qing Dynasty and Ottman empire.

Ogoga as a bini word used in Yoruba land simply shows that there is Bini influence in Yoruba culture and yoruba land

It Is futile arguing with someone this ignorant

Did I say Ogoga is Yoruba word?

And asides that, hope you know Binis and Yorubas share similar ancestry?

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2021
zinizta:

U said ogoga is a bini word.

And am telling u that ogoga present in Yoruba culture n lexicon suggests Bini influence in Yoruba land

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2021
zinizta:

''Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia where anyone in the world can log into and start writing articles or even edit already existing articles to suit them. Stop bringing articles from there in any of such issues.

How can Oyo be an empire and yet they didnt conquer their closest neighbor called Bini, They couldn't conquer Igalas close to them,they didnt conquer the Nupe, Gwari and
Gbagyi that are so close to them.

They equally didn't cross over Bini to conquer the IGBOs in Anioma areas.....How d hell are they an empire.

Pls compare the so called Oyo Empire side by side with the Ummayid caliphate or the British empire so that u will understand what an empire is.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by SouthSouth1914: 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
PapaFejiro:
Chai, you fall your father hand, that's if you have one.
What facts did you give? That heads of kings are chopped off before they are buried?
You are beneath an animal. I am sorry to say.
You can go on messing yourself up. Nice day.

You must have attended the school
For the dumb and dumbo! That’s if you even attend any! Go read my comments again mumu. You are a disgrace to your lineage!
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by zinizta: 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2021
Gambit23:

U said ogoga is a bini word.

And am telling u that ogoga present in Yoruba culture n lexicon suggests Bini influence in Yoruba land

Ogoga isn't used in any Yoruba lexicon

You dumbass
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by UGBE634: 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2021
zinizta:

I have four sons and you happen to be my friend and you come into my household and had a fight with my first son and because he turns out aggressive you named him ibinu a Yoruba word which he became popular with,because of the tribe you are from as his name was Osaze already an offspring of an Edo man . does that mean he is of the same stock with you? how on earth can you say Bini and Yoruba have same ancestry and you always Leave out Esan and Etsako Owan and all. It's crazy man. We had a connection in history at best and nothing more. We are not the same people man we have different origin (Bini is Edo)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Gambit23: 8:10pm On Jul 24, 2021
zinizta:

Ogoga isn't used in any Yoruba lexicon

You dumbass

Mumu, Go back n reread what u said
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by zinizta: 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2021
UGBE634:
I have four sons and you happen to be my friend and you come into my household and had a fight with my first son and because he turns out aggressive you named him ibinu a Yoruba word which he became popular with,because of the tribe you are from as his name was Osaze already an offspring of an Edo man . does that mean he is of the same stock with you? how on earth can you say Bini and Yoruba have same ancestry and you always Leave out Esan and Etsako Owan and all. It's crazy man. We had a connection in history at best and nothing more. We are not the same people man we have different origin (Bini is Edo)

Bini is Edo agreed

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by rosinkkit: 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2021
Miscellaneous:

Man, the strength of the itsekiris and bini are not in their numbers so dont be deceived. They had great influence then, and the itsekiris have the first educated king and individual in sub saharan Africa.

Are you out of your mind?

Dude, please, stop embarrassing yourself and go read some African history.

Ever heard of the Timbuktu manuscripts?

The Meroitic texts?

What do you call 'education'?

Just western/colonial education?

Pathetic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by UGBE634: 1:53am On Jul 25, 2021
Christistruth00:

Eko is short for Yoruba Word Ereko which means field

Ereko Market is still there on the Island

According to the Osifekunde 18th Century Slave Narratives Ijebu Yoruba called Lagos Eko and Benin called it Kuramo, it also described how the Ijebu seized land from Benin and left only an Isolated part of the Lagoon (Isale Eko ) in Benin hands

Eko Ende in Osun State was one of the Locations of the 1878 Jalumi War, there is also Eko Ajala in Osun State

Interpretation of the Osifekunde narrative from 18th Century

"Captain Horseley called it Eco, and that is how the yebous refer to it; but it is not their land: it belongs to Benin, whom have named it Korame, you can recognise the Curamo from older Portuguese reports, just like Eko represents the Ichoo from Holland Hydrographs. Long ago Korame was linked to its metropolis by a very narrow piece of land contained between the great Laguna and the sea; but it has been a while since the yebous have seized that very narrow piece of land of which the eastern extremity was invaded by ouyo pirates; and Karamé remained isolated at the extremity of the great Laguna, while it continues to receive from Benin it's governor or political chief."

here is the page.
there was no time it was kuramo by the Binis it has always been Eko anyone who went to Uniben will know there is a town immediately after Uniben where most Uniben student reside called Ekosodin. and there are many towns and villages in Benin and Esanland with the prefix Eko. Your recent forgery to whitewash Bini's influence in Lagos will not stand. The Ereko theory is a recent one and will pass for the biggest forgery of the century. Anyone who has been to Bini and Esanland and as well been to Lagos will not underestimate the influence of Benin and Esan in Lagos in history. I am waiting for you to break Idumota and explain it in a forgery manner when the meaning is just so literal in Esan not surprised as she was the military capital of Benin Empire

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Christistruth00: 6:44am On Jul 25, 2021
UGBE634:
there was no time it was kuramo by the Binis it has always been Eko anyone who went to Uniben will know there is a town immediately after Uniben where most Uniben student reside called Ekosodin. and there are many towns and villages in Benin and Esanland with the prefix Eko. Your recent forgery to whitewash Bini's influence in Lagos will not stand. The Ereko theory is a recent one and will pass for the biggest forgery of the century. Anyone who has been to Bini and Esanland and as well been to Lagos will not underestimate the influence of Benin and Esan in Lagos in history. I am waiting for you to break Idumota and explain it in a forgery manner when the meaning is just so literal in Esan not surprised as she was the military capital of Benin Empire

Since I was a Child I knew Eko was named after Ereko Market on Lagos Island by the Yoruba

Ereko Was Oba Kosoko’s Quarters where he Sold Slaves and European goods

There are Eko Ajala and Eko Ende in Osun State

This is the Historical Document from the 1840s Confirming it

Interpretation of the Osifekunde Slave narrative from 18th Century , Below it is the Map of Lagos at Independence you will see that at least 97% of Lagos is inside Awolowo’s Western Region , Lagos is on Lagos Island

"Captain Horseley called it Eco, and that is how the yebous refer to it; but it is not their land: it belongs to Benin, whom have named it Korame, you can recognise the Curamo from older Portuguese reports, just like Eko represents the Ichoo from Holland Hydrographs. Long ago Korame was linked to its metropolis by a very narrow piece of land contained between the great Laguna and the sea; but it has been a while since the yebous have seized that very narrow piece of land of which the eastern extremity was invaded by ouyo pirates; and Karamé remained isolated at the extremity of the great Laguna, while it continues to receive from Benin it's governor or political chief."

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (32) (Reply)

EndSARS: Calabar Hoodlums Begin Dumping Of Looted Items In Waste Bins (Photo) / Senate President, Saraki, Reads Ministerial List: LIVE ON TVC / Church Of Satan Blasts Buhari For Describing Benue Church Killings As 'Satanic'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.