Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri - Politics (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri (65674 Views)

How The Binis Enslaved Igbo People For Centuries - Reno Omokri (VIDEO) / Exposed!!! Why Fulanis See Igbos As Their Worst Enemy / After Selling Assets, FG May Sell Nigerians As Slaves To Fund Budget - Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Stoplying: 4:01pm On Aug 01, 2021
An actual precolonial map of the region:

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

Lagos, and it's environs were part of Benin, even the jebous were vassals to Benin. Fact.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
Stoplying:
An actual precolonial map of the region:

Lagos, and it's environs were part if Benin, even the jebous were vassals to Benin. Fact.
Nonsense map from Edo blog. Throw this nonsense into dustbin

2 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Stoplying: 4:34pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nisiw365:

Nonsense map from Edo blog. Throw this nonsense into dustbin
The origin of the map is there for all to see, and the website hosting it is also public knowledge. So why are you just saying complete rubbish ?

Your ethnocentrism might be frying your brain cells.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 4:35pm On Aug 01, 2021
Stoplying:

The origin of the map is there for all to see, and the website hosting it is also public knowledge. So why are you just saying complete rubbish ?

Shut up. Anyone can design website, write nonsense and put fake map. You should know this unless you are a kid.
The story is fake from Edo blog
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Stoplying: 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nisiw365:

Shut up. Anyone can design website, write nonsense and put fake map. You should know this unless you are a kid.
The story is fake from Edo blog
The website is a very well known website which belongs to one of the five greatest libraries in this world: Bibliothèque nationale de France.
You are just saying complete rubbish.
I wonder how far your education went, you don't seem to have gone beyond secondary school.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2021
Stoplying:

The website is a very well known website which belongs to one of the five greatest libraries in this world Bibliothèque nationale de France.
You are just saying complete rubbish.
You're the one saying rubbish. If your Benin ruled over Lagos, there should be a Benin king, just one king from Benin in Lagos state today.
Onikoyi who is from oyo, migrated to Lagos
Today there's onikoyi of ikoyi in Lagos state

Show us of your Benin evidence or keep shut forever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Stoplying: 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nisiw365:

You're the one saying rubbish. If your Benin ruled over Lagos, there should be a Benin king, just one king from Benin in Lagos state today.
Onikoyi who is from oyo, migrated to Lagos
Today there's onikoyi of ikoyi in Lagos state

Show us of your Benin evidence or keep shut forever
So basically, you are saying that proving lagos was part of Benin is not enough for you to accept that as a fact, I also need to dive into answering further questions from you and debating some of your unsubstantiated claims with you ?

Summary:
1) I claimed Lagos was part of Benin.
2) I backed my claim with proof.

End of story. I won't be joining an everlasting conversation with a deluded person who keeps making unsubstantiated claims. I won't even address your unsubstantiated claims.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2021
Stoplying:

So basically, you are saying that proving lagos was part of Benin is not enough for you to accept that as a fact, I also need to dive into answering further questions from you and debating some of your unsubstantiated claims with you ?
Lagos was never part of Benin. They might have traded together in the past but definitely not under as you guys are making it to look

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Stoplying: 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nisiw365:

Lagos was never part of Benin. They might have traded together in the past but definitely not under as you guys are making it to look
It is already proven that Lagos was part of Benin. A french eye witness among many others said it clearly.
Also the precolonial maps say the same. You are debating with reality, not with me.

"Captain Horseley called it Eco, and that is how the yebous refer to it; but it is not their land: it belongs to Benin, whom have named it Korame, you can recognise the Curamo from older Portuguese reports, just like Eko represents the Ichoo from Holland Hydrographs. Long ago Korame was linked to its metropolis by a very narrow piece of land contained between the great Laguna and the sea; but it has been a while since the Yebous have seazed that very narrow piece of land of which the eastern extremity was invaded by ouyo pirates; and Karamé remained isolated at the extremity of the great Laguna, while it continues to receive from Benin it's governor or political chief."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvaiC_djW8o

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2021
Stoplying:

It is already proven that Lagos was part if Benin. A french eye witness among many others said it clearly.
Also the precolonial maps also say the same. You are debating with reality, not with me.
That's what i am telling you. Anybody can claim French or English and it doesn't necessarily mean the person is French or English
This matter has been debated already. Check the culture section on Nairaland and search for it
What you showed me is your own story. There are different stories on Nairaland with maps, pictures that are more accurate
Showing me a picture or someone who calls himself French does not make it the truth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Stoplying: 4:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nisiw365:

That's what i am telling you. Anybody can claim French or English and it doesn't necessarily mean the person is French or English
This matter has been debated already. Check the culture section on Nairaland and search for it
What you showed me is your own story. There are different stories on Nairaland with maps, pictures that are more accurate
Showing me a picture or someone who calls himself French does not make it the truth
I am not showing any story. I brought out documents written by eyewitnesses to our ancestors and I pointed my finger to those documents which proved my claim without any doubt. You can't just magically turn objective truth into my "story"

The frenchness of the french author is not in doubt except in your head.
If you have "more accurate maps" whatever that means, then produce them rather than claiming some people have them and that they prove your claim.

You are basically being an infant right now.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
Stoplying:

I am not showing any story. I brought out documents written by eyewitnesses to our ancestors and I pointed my finger to those documents which proved my claim without any doubt. You can't just magically turn objective truth into my "story"

The frenchness of the french author is not in doubt except in your head.
If you have "more accurate maps" whatever that means, then produce them rather than claiming some people have them and that they prove your claim.

You are basically being an infant right now.
Stop ranting like a lunatic.
If you want stories, maps, pictures
Kindly search the culture section of nairaland
You can also check this moniker
Ta011
There are enough pictures and maps for you
Check it up and educate yourself

PS: just search Ta011 on nairaland here. Everything you need to know about Lagos, maps, pictures, ebooks will be seen because we have talked about this topic over and over again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Stoplying: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nisiw365:

Stop ranting like a lunatic.
If you want stories, maps, pictures
Kindly search the culture section of nairaland
You can also check this moniker
Ta011
There are enough pictures and maps for you
Check it up and educate yourself
The damage which that person whom you are quoting has done to the reasoning faculties of the likes of you is just pitiful.
In case you still don't get it, tao11 is a chronic liar peddling made up contraptions.

I have given you actual proof before your very eyes, yet you refuse to see and rather deflect to praising the very person who indoctrinated you.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Stoplying: 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nisiw365:

PS: just search Ta011 on nairaland here. Everything you need to know about Lagos, maps, pictures, ebooks will be seen because we have talked about this topic over and over again
One thing which is very funny with you yoruba is that when you have decided to worship a person, you automatically expect anybody whom you are talking to to engage in that worship as well.

Anyways, you were brainwashed and like most brainwashed people, you confuse your brainwashing with education. Proof has been provided right here to show you Lagos was part of Benin. It might take some mental strength for you to beat your brainwashing and get back to reality.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 5:25pm On Aug 01, 2021
Stoplying:

The damage which that person whom you are quoting has done to the reasoning faculties of the likes of you is just pitiful.
In case you still don't get it, tao11 is a chronic liar peddling made up contraptions.

I have given you actual proof before your very eyes, yet you refuse to see and rather deflect to praising the very person who indoctrinated you.

Hahaha Ta011 I a chronic liar but you who showed me fake map from fake website isn't a chronic liar. Since you know about Ta011.

Now tell me why we don't have a king from Benin in lagos. Okay just mention one king in Lagos who is a Benin and let us close this case because even ikoyi who isn't awori or ijebu has traditional stool and land in Lagos

So give me examples of benin
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
Stoplying:

One thing which is very funny with you yoruba is that when you have decided to worship a person, you automatically expect anybody whom you are talking to to engage in that worship as well.

Anyways, you were brainwashed and like most brainwashed people, you confuse your brainwashing with education. Proof has been provided right here to show you Lagos was part of Benin. It might take some mental strength for you to beat your brainwashing and get back to reality.
You mean the fake map from Edo blog is your proof. You can do better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
Stoplying:

You mean the fake map from Edo blog is your proof. You can do better .
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Stoplying: 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nisiw365:

you who showed me fake map from fake website isn't a chronic liar

You live in an alternate reality. Your delusion is too strong.

I already told you, I am not going to answer any further illogical question. Proving a claim is enough to end the discussion, no need to dive into the illogical narratives and flawd logics of the interlocutor.

Conclusion : you are not intellectually equipped to discuss history.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nisiw365: 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2021
Stoplying:

You live in an alternate reality. Your delusion is too strong.

I already told you, I am not going to answer any further illogical question. Proving a claim is enough to end the discussion, no need to dive into the illogical narratives and flawd logics of the interlocutor.

Conclusion : you are not intellectually equipped to discuss history.
Nonsense. If you can't give me a Benin king in Lagos or Benin land so I can come and buy land from Benin chief. Then fvck off

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by TAO11(f): 10:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
Stoplying:
[s]An actual precolonial map of the region:

Lagos, and it's environs were part of Benin, even the jebous were vassals to Benin. Fact.[/s]
[s]Captain Horseley called it Eco, and that is how the yebous refer to it; but it is not their land: it belongs to Benin, whom have named it Korame, you can recognise the Curamo from older Portuguese reports, just like Eko represents the Ichoo from Holland Hydrographs. Long ago Korame was linked to its metropolis by a very narrow piece of land contained between the great Laguna and the sea; but it has been a while since the Yebous have seazed that very narrow piece of land of which the eastern extremity was invaded by ouyo pirates; and Karamé remained isolated at the extremity of the great Laguna, while it continues to receive from Benin it's governor or political chief[/s]

(A) First of all, no where does your map say that Lagos is part of Benin.

The most that your map shows is the annotation of the name “BENIN” at the Lagos part of the map.

This is due, clearly, to the Benins’s significant trading presence in the Lagos area from around the mid/late 1500s.

No where does your map say that Lagos is a part of the territory of Benin. Get help & stop hallucinating.

In contrast, the precolonial map I attach below labels the vast expanse of land from the Guinea area to the Cameroon area as “GUINEA”. That stretch obviously covers your 2x2 Benin kingdom.

Would you consistently maintain the same energy and conclude that Guinea conquered or owns Benin? cheesy

I guess you would say no. If no, then why the double standard? Stop being two-faced. Stop speaking from two sides of your mouth.

(B) LMAO! Did you say Ijebu was a vassal kingdom to Benin kingdom? grin

The same Ijebu who (according to your own personal translation above of the attached French text) seized an area from Benin and forced Benin to an extreme area? Wonders shall never end? cheesy

Mind you if you must cite statements to support your claim here, then be reasonable enough to cite it from a testimony collected (perhaps by Europeans) from the Ijebus’ own admission. Or an eyewitness account which depicts Ijebus (or their king) paying tributes to the king of Benin.

Thanks. smiley

(C) Regarding your translation of that French text, I’ve sometimes ago already pointed out your fraudulent attempt to cover up some very crucial points.

(1) The translation which you gave above as “refer to” should actually be given appropriately as “designated” or “named”.

You are much aware that the appropriate translation will shatter your age-long, strongly-held Benin myth that Binis named the island as Eko. cheesy

Whereas, it was the Ijebus (the Yorubas) who named the island as Eko according to this account from ‘your own material’ which was published in 1845. grin

(2) Regarding land ownership: — First of all, the actual area in question is NOT the whole of Lagos as we know it in today’s context.

Rather, the area in question (in this passage) refers to a portion of the area now known as Lagos island — that is, a portion of Lagos-island, i.e. the then Curamo.

Secondly, the actual word used in the passage is NOT “land” as you’ve cunningly translated it.

Rather, the actual translation should have been given correctly as “domain” or “area”. The author is clearly aware of the nuance of using the word “land” and as such have rightfully avoided it.

Thirdly, the author was clearly not talking about the aboriginal ownership of that island — which clearly is of the Aworis (i.e. Yorubas) even according to Benin sources.

What the author was clearly referring to here is about who has the relative right to that specific area (i.e. the relative right to the Curamo island) between two non-aboriginal immigrant groups — namely the Ijebus and the Benins.

In other words, contrary to your misrepresentation, the passage is clearly NOT about aboriginal ownership of land, but rather about two immigrant groups who obviously are in competition with each other over the right to a specific area the island.

#TwistDebunked grin
——————

Having debunked your misrepresentation and having clarified the truth from that same passage, one may (out of curiosity) then wonder why two different group of immigrants should compete with each other over an area which aboriginally belongs to a different group entirely — i.e. the Awori-Yoruba group.

In answer to this, the indigenous accounts of Lagos history (as well as historical studies) have shown that different immigrant groups began to settling in and around Lagos-island starting from the mid or the late 1500s. This was in order to take advantage of the European trading activities along the Atlantic coast of West Africa which began during that period.

The aboriginal owners of the land granted permission to land to a number of immigrant groups who came to settle in an around Lagos-island for that purpose.

One of such trading groups who came to settle in the area and who was granted permission to land by the natives is the Benin group. This group (as well as the Ijebu group who also came to settle for the same purpose) is well remembered in the Lagos traditions.

The relevant section of this indigenous Lagos account is as may be seen in a publication of a British colonial administrator of Nigeria as follows:

Whatever may have been the reason, the Binis arrived with no great show of force, and permission was asked of the Lagos people for them to land. This permission was granted, probably with no very good grace, although at the time Lagos island was very sparsely inhabited and there must have been room for many more settlers.

~ Sir Alan C. Burns, “History of Nigeria,” 1929, p. 43.

Having said that, it is crucial to note that the period of Lagos history described so far is about a century or more prior to the emergence of kingship on Lagos-island.

As such, the phrase “gouverneur ou chef politique” in that passage is in respect of the internal political organization of the Benin immigrant group residing on the island within the confines of their Benin community — Just as other immigrant groups residing in different parts of the same island obviously have their own leadership.
——————

Folks, for a more faithful translation of that passage, refer below:

Captain Horseley called it Eko and that is how it was named by the Ijebus; but it is not their area, it is the Benin[‘s] — who refer to it by the name Korame [which is] recognizably the Curamo of the OLDER Portuguese[’s] accounts, as Eko represents the Dutch hydrographers[’s] Ichoo.

Korame and its mainland were linked in the past by a sand-spit between the great lagoon and the sea. However, the Ijebus have, for a long time, seized that sand-spit whose eastern end has also been infiltrated by Ijaw pirates.

Korame therefore remained isolated to the extreme of the great lagoon, and continued to be dependent on Benin for its choice of governor or political leader.

~ M. D’Avezac, “Notice Sur Le Pays Et Le Peuple Des Yébous En Afrique,” 1845, pp. 25-26.

Peace!

Cc: lifeisgood12, rhektor, nisiw365, Christistruth00

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by TAO11(f): 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2021
Having debunked your twisted & dishonest translation of the French text, as well as your absurd reading of map; my comment below shows an illumination and deconstruction of the brilliant choice of words of the Lagos king as seen/heard in the original video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

NB: Click “Watch on YouTube” or the link to gain access to the above original video.

The original untampered video which I’ve just posted above is 9 minutes and 22 seconds long. This is in sharp contrast to your tampered video below which is 1 minute and 1 second long. Your fraud here is about to become manifest.

This original untampered video above is directly from Channels TV’s YouTube account [not via a private YouTube account like the one you posted below], and it clearly shows the Lagos king (at timestamp 5:45) debunking the false rumor that Benin owns Lagos. This part of the video is cut out from your tampered video below.

Stoplying:
•••

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvaiC_djW8o

At timestamp 4:54, the interviewer specifically asked the king to tell us about the relationship between the Bini and the Èkó people.

The king’s reply shows that the line of Benin kings is one of the ancestral branches of “the first oba of Lagos”.

NB: Every human has two ancestral branches, viz. the paternal branch and the maternal branch.

However, because of the nuance of his word choice, it is very easy to wrongly assume certain words into his mouth — words he never uttered or implied at all.

The king was completely silent on whether or not the line of Benin kings is the mother’s side or the father’s side of “the first oba of Lagos”.

The king’s exact words in reply to the interviewer at time-stamp 4:54 is as follows:

The first oba of Lagos is a male descendant of oba of Benin.

Focusing on the crucial phrase “male descendant,” it is easy to assume (in passing) that this phrase points to the father’s side of the “the first oba of Lagos”.

A careful consideration would, however, immediately cause one to realize that the use of the word “male” here is in reference to “the first oba of Lagos” himself, and not in reference to his parent/ancestor.

Compare the phrase “male child” & the phrase “male descendant” to appreciate the point being made here.

In contrast, the phrase “paternal descendant” or the phrase “patrilineal descendant” (had any of these been used) would have clearly specified the side through which “the first oba of Lagos” was descended from the line of Benin kings — in which case it would have been his father’s side. But none of these two phrases was used here.

In the light of this illumination, it becomes very, very clear then that the king (Oba Akiolu) was silent as to whether or not the line of Benin kings is the mother’s side or the father’s side of “the first oba of Lagos”.

Moreover, focusing on the phrase “first oba of Lagos,” King Ado is usually recognized in Lagos traditions as officially the first oba of Lagos.

His father King Ashipa is often recognized simply as the progenitor of the dynasty (as his authority was minimal or nil) — almost as the case of Oranmiyan and his son, Eweka in Benin.

NB: Lagos traditions hold that King Ashipa is a Yoruba man from Isheri-Olofin in today’s Lagos state. ~ See: Alan C. Burns, “History of Nigeria,” 1929, p. 43.

In any case, the king (Oba Akiolu) was silent as to whether or not the line of Benin kings is the mother’s side or the father’s side of King Ado.

Moving on, the king (Oba Akiolu) proceeded with his reply by quoting a traditional Lagos royal song (in Yoruba language of course) which goes thus:

… Benin City is where our father’s birth took place, and his father is a king not a commoner …

Although this traditional Lagos royal song states that King Ado’s birthplace is within Benin city, it is perhaps important to stress the already obvious fact that his birthplace has no bearing whatsoever on his paternal roots — the birthplace of Eweka I of Benin is a classic example here. [See the “END NOTE” below for more clarity on my point here].

Moreover, the fact that “his father is a king” is implied clearly enough from the fact that King Ashipa (his father) is the progenitor of the Èkó dynasty.

Lastly, the king (Oba Akiolu) afterwards then added that at the installation ceremony of any chief in Èkó (and at the installation of an Èkó king himself) at Enu-Owa, the Benin king is recognized with a salute gesture at the close of the ceremony.

Again, the salute gesture does not establish the case for patrilineal ancestry of Èkó kings from Benin kings. At most, it indicates some generic sense of seniority or precedence.

But just as this precedence could possibly be interpreted as ancestral (i.e. maternal or paternal), it may also be interpreted as political precedence and not ancestral precedence.

In fact, the replication of same salute gesture during chieftaincy coronations (asides kingship coronations) appears to cast light on the fact that this gesture is indicative of political precedence* — NOT ancestral precedence.

In any case, the king’s (Oba Akiolu’s) words in the video clearly admits familial connection between “the first oba of Lagos” (i.e. King Ado) and the line of Benin kings.

However, at no point in the course of the video did he (Oba Akiolu) mention or even suggest whether or not this familial connection is from the mother’s side or from the father’s side of “the first oba of Lagos”.

Instead of giving any such specifics, the king (Oba Akiolu) — at timestamp 5:45 — actually debunked the false rumor that Benin owns Lagos.
——————
END NOTE:

*According to ‘Lagos traditions,’ there is a strong tie between the Èkó monarchy and the Benin monarchy.

This tie is in two folds:- the first, a tie of gratitude, and the second, maternal tie.

The gratitude tie, according to Lagos traditions, results from the fact that Ashipa (the Awori noble from Isheri-Olofin, and progenitor of the Èkó dynasty) sought the backing of the Benin king [and the Bini immigrants of Lagos] in order to establish a monarchy on Èkó island which will be independent of the Olofin (now Oloto) of Iddo who, hitherto, controlled Èkó island, Iddo island, and a part of the mainland.~ See: A. C. Burns, “History of Nigeria,” 1929, pp. 42-43.

This above fact is the root of the political precedence which Benin enjoy[ed] over Èkó island.

The second tie, according to Lagos traditions, results from the fact that Ashipa (the Awori noble from Isheri-Olofin, and progenitor of the Èkó dynasty) had his son Ado, through a Benin princess. ~ P. Cole, “Modern and Traditional Elites in the Politics of Lagos,” 1975, p.11.

As such, King Ado who is officially the first oba of Lagos has his maternal connection with the line of Benin kings, while his paternal connection remains purely Yoruba.

Peace!
Cc: lifeisgood12, rhektor, nisiw365, macof, LegendHero.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Stoplying: 1:07am On Aug 02, 2021
Rule 1: I won't talk to stalkers
Rule 2: I won't talk to trolls
Rule 3: I won't talk to chronic liars
Rule 4: I won't talk to uneducated yoruba, I will only talk to a yoruba at the same level as me: masters degree and above.

I do not pretend to be educated, I have wasted enough time with trolls pretending to be educated while being incredibly ignorant.
The sad thing is that the tribesmen of the trolls which I describe are the ones whom are suffering from the brainwashing being dashed out by their "hero". I can't make anybody see reality, I can only keep being logical and truthful.

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by TAO11(f): 2:36am On Aug 02, 2021
Stoplying:
[s]Rule 1: I won't talk to stalkers
Rule 2: I won't talk to trolls
Rule 3: I won't talk to chronic liars
Rule 4: I won't talk to uneducated yoruba, I will only talk to a yoruba at the same level as me: masters degree and above.

I do not pretend to be educated, I have wasted enough time with trolls pretending to be educated while being incredibly ignorant.
The sad thing is that the tribesmen of the trolls which I describe are the ones whom are suffering from the brainwashing being dashed out by their "hero". I can't make anybody see reality, I can only keep being logical and truthful.[/s]
LMAO!

It is in your best interest to take the advice from your own moniker — that is, stop lying. cheesy

Once upon a time, an insecure Benin e-miscreant and propagandist was debunked into ranting mode.

You all will be alright the day you all wake up to the reality that your Benin kingdom is and was no more than Benin city and its surrounding Edoid areas.

Peace. cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Stoplying: 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2021
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by TAO11(f): 6:02pm On Aug 06, 2021
Stoplying:
The true history of the yoruba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2hU-ibkPfg

Your propaganda videos have been debunked many times by myself as a work of fiction.

Rather than waste my time debunking it again (with the classical document), I think it is high-time that @Seun himself stepped in to do the needful.

You can’t name an ethnic group as a whole as slaves, and then expect that no action will be taken against you by the owner/mods of the platform.

It is high-time you’re put in your place for having broken the RULE 2 of this forum.

@Seun and @Mynd44 please take appropriate action against @Stoplying so peace and sanity can continue on this thread.

Thanks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Stoplying: 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2021
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by TAO11(f): 8:16pm On Aug 06, 2021
Stoplying:
[s]The true history of the yoruba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2hU-ibkPfg[/s]
Well, since you so eager to have me demonstrate that I’ve debunked your false videos long before in the past, then here you go.

(1) Regarding your bitter lies about the trans-Atlantic slave trade, the following piece-by-piece devastating refutation:

(A) Contrary to your ignorance, captives weren’t taken from “all across Africa” as you imagined.

Rather, captives were taken from Central Africa and West Africa — including people from Benin kingdom whom the Nupe, the Ibadan, Ogedengbe, etc. raided.

(B) Contrary to your ignorance, the Yoruba people have long been known by the name Yoruba (and they’ve been living in their present homeland) for centuries prior to the period when ex-captives began to be returned to Africa.

We know this because the process of returning them ex-captive back ‘home’ to West Africa didn’t begin until circa the late-1700s.

Whereas, there are manuscripts written in the early-1600s which list Yorubas (by their name Yoruba) among some of the ethnic groups of our region of West Africa.

This manuscript which was written by Ahmed Baba in 1615 is attached below.

The name Yoruba is shown in red highlight (among the other ethnic groups) as can be seen in the original manuscript as well as in the translation embedded below respectively:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934148_5117c6d550154217817d7c66b5fa0fe6_jpeg_jpeg2a73d5172c14cf7a7da91ff200688e3e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934147_3336ed29985b499e82c4e140b455b9fa_jpeg_jpeg62ecafabb59c692d4ba471597fdf16bb

This translation was prepared by John Hunwick and Fatima Harrak for The Institute of African Studies Rabat, Morocco

Oh, I should add that we know that this manuscript was written by Ahmad Baba in the year 1615 because he himself penned his date as highlighted (in the attached verso) below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13082305_6e49d8d129844a578af9272699e1586a_jpeg_jpeg2d5891d724a6428e2c0f4e6898bd60cc

The highlight here literally shows the wording “(the year) one thousand and twenty four (of the Hijrah)”.

When converted from this Hijri “AH” calendar into our Gregorian “AD” calendar; the year 1024 AH falls into the year 1615 AD

The formula “D = 0.9692*H + 622” proves practically useful for this conversion.

In sum, your falsehood that returned-slaves (from all across Africa) are what became known as Yorubas is nothing but a but-hurt lie from a depressed bald-head.

(C) These ex-captives who were of West-African origin and Central African origin were repatriated directly to Sierra-Leone and Liberia.

Some began a new life there, while some decided to go back to their homeland from which they were taken ab-initio.

Nobody was repatriated to south-West Nigeria, bald-head.

A number of Yorubas among the returnees chose to return back to Yorubaland — just as many others who returned to their respective original homeland.

(2) The only ethnic-group whom I know of who couldn’t fight their way to freedom and be returned back to Africa are ……. [take a guess].

They couldn’t think of returning until about 400 years later when some of their descendants decided to tap into the science of Genetics as a guide to finding their way back home. ~ See video. below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDve0rwQbM

The two attachments below also shows some earlier corroborative confessions made available to Dr. R. E. Bradbury by these people themselves.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996709_af6378be36104010b036a2f7ab4096cd_jpeg_jpeg07ca8a3f5b191f4126cdcd6bf2f7faf7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996710_b28de88ee10a4b7a83b95532f6609396_jpeg_jpegaca1a6203806c9d893c79b42b9a6c76e

Peace cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Stoplying: 10:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
When it's all set and done, the truth is all that matters:

Documented history of the yorubas :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2hU-ibkPfg

This is why whenever history is discussed, these yoruba always discuss fairytales like oduduwa and oranmiyan instead of their true history of which they are either ashamed either ignorant.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by TAO11(f): 10:20pm On Aug 06, 2021
Stoplying:
[s]When it's all said and done, the truth is all that matters:

Documented history of the yorubas :

This is why whenever history is discussed, these yoruba always discuss fairytales like oduduwa and oranmiyan instead of their true history of which they are either ashamed either ignorant.[/s]
DEBUNKED! cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/6663008/how-bini-used-sold-igbos/30#104504514

3 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by TAO11(f): 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2021
Debunked once, debunked forever. You and your fake videos have been debunked. I know it hurts, but it is what it is.

Stoplying:
[s]The true history of the yoruba:

[/s]
I have debunked this false video many, many times. See one of my comments below:

(1) Regarding your bitter lies about the trans-Atlantic slave trade, the following piece-by-piece devastating refutation:

(A) Contrary to your ignorance, captives weren’t taken from “all across Africa” as you imagined.

Rather, captives were taken from Central Africa and West Africa — including people from Benin kingdom whom the Nupe, the Ibadan, Ogedengbe, etc. raided.

(B) Contrary to your ignorance, the Yoruba people have long been known by the name Yoruba (and they’ve been living in their present homeland) for centuries prior to the period when ex-captives began to be returned to Africa.

We know this because the process of returning ex-captives back ‘home’ to West Africa didn’t begin until circa the late-1700s.

Whereas, there are manuscripts written in the early-1600s which list Yorubas (by their name Yoruba) among some of the ethnic groups of our region of West Africa.

This manuscript which was written by Ahmed Baba in 1615 is attached below.

The name Yoruba is shown in red highlight (among the other ethnic groups) as can be seen in the original manuscript as well as in the translation embedded below respectively:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934148_5117c6d550154217817d7c66b5fa0fe6_jpeg_jpeg2a73d5172c14cf7a7da91ff200688e3e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934147_3336ed29985b499e82c4e140b455b9fa_jpeg_jpeg62ecafabb59c692d4ba471597fdf16bb

This translation was prepared by John Hunwick and Fatima Harrak for The Institute of African Studies Rabat, Morocco

Oh, I should add that we know that this manuscript was written by Ahmad Baba in the year 1615 because he himself penned his date as highlighted (in the attached verso) below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13082305_6e49d8d129844a578af9272699e1586a_jpeg_jpeg2d5891d724a6428e2c0f4e6898bd60cc

The highlight here literally shows the wording “(the year) one thousand and twenty four (of the Hijrah)”.

When converted from this Hijri “AH” calendar into our Gregorian “AD” calendar; the year 1024 AH falls into the year 1615 AD

The formula “D = 0.9692*H + 622” proves practically useful for this conversion.

In sum, your falsehood that returned-slaves (from all across Africa) are what became known as Yorubas is nothing but a but-hurt lie from a depressed bald-head.

(C) These ex-captives who were of West-African origin and Central African origin were repatriated directly to Sierra-Leone and Liberia.

Some began a new life there, while some decided to go back to their homeland from which they were taken ab-initio.

Nobody was repatriated to south-West Nigeria, bald-head.

A number of Yorubas among the returnees chose to return back to Yorubaland — just as many others who returned to their respective original homeland.

(2) The only ethnic-group whom I know of who couldn’t fight their way to freedom and be returned back to Africa are ……. [take a guess].

They couldn’t think of returning until about 400 years later when some of their descendants decided to tap into the science of Genetics as a guide to finding their way back home. ~ See video. below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDve0rwQbM

The two attachments below also shows some earlier corroborative confessions made available to Dr. R. E. Bradbury by these people themselves.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996709_af6378be36104010b036a2f7ab4096cd_jpeg_jpeg07ca8a3f5b191f4126cdcd6bf2f7faf7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996710_b28de88ee10a4b7a83b95532f6609396_jpeg_jpegaca1a6203806c9d893c79b42b9a6c76e

[s]Please kindly help me locate one of these 5 things:
1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
4) ife battle against britain
5) ife republic[/s]

(1) Occupying a key site on the route from the Bend to Ife, Oyo was probably one of the earliest-founded provincial capitals in the Ife empire.

~ Robin Horton, “Ancient Ife,” (1979), p.115.

(2) A ”bight” is a feature of a water body (Atlantic ocean in this case).

Ife, in contrast, is deep in the Yoruba interior. It is in no way near the Atlantic coast.

How could the 1400s Portuguese then have named a part of the Atlantic Ocean (the bight) after it?

You see your life? cheesy See how you embarrassed yourself, family and friends.

(3) Yoruba is not one kingdom. It is a land of free-borns, where each of its many kingdoms has got some sovereignty.

As such, the bight could not have been named after a land as a whole. It was named after one of the two major polities near the coast — particularly the one which the Portuguese first had trade relations with.

Of the two major kingdoms near the coast in the late 1400s when the Portuguese first arrived, only Benin kingdom was willing to sell its people. The bight was thus named after that kingdom whom they knew.

*It wasn’t until in the 1520s before Benin embargoed the sale of its men (allowing only women) due to fear of depopulation of able-bodied men.

(4) First of all, Britain didn’t have any fight with Benin. It was a punishment, not a fight. It is called a “punitive expedition” for a reason. A punishment in relation to which Ovoramwen recanted and trembled in court.

Imaging “canning” a child as a punitive measure for mis-behaviors, and then the child suddenly turning around to say s(he) had a fight with you. No be juju be that? cheesy

There was no reason to punish Ife, hence no such expedition happened there. Instead, they helped to end the ongoing wars within Yorubaland.

(5) The country called Benin Republic did not take its name from Benin kingdom. Neither does it relate to Benin kingdom.

The country’s former name was “Dahomey” — a name which doesn’t reflect the diverse ethnicities in the country.

The name “Benin” (after the bight which the country sits on) was then settled for due to its neutrality.

In the late 19th century French colonizers making inroads from the coastal region into the interior borrowed the name of the defeated Dahomey kingdom for the entire territory that is now Benin; the current name derives from the Bight of Benin

~ https://www.britannica.com/place/Benin

In contrast, an entire group of people in today’s Togo, have insisted to be known by the name IFE. Yes, it is the “Ife” of present Nigeria they want to be associated with.

Yoruba language is being spoken in Benin Republic. Tell me where (outside of Edo state) Bini language is beinig spoken. cheesy

Peace! cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by wealthtrak: 3:58pm On Feb 01, 2022
Sufferingboy:
Many Ikas you see today especially the elite are from mainly ancient royal houses Even right from the time of Ogisos.

In agbor today,after the dein then Jim Ovia family is the most powerful by tradition .Jim Ovia himself is an Ika man of bini ancestry.

Even Okowa,their family came from benin.

The founders of Idumesah are Esan people from Ugboha led by a certain man I can't remember his name now.....My mother is that lineage.

Later Ndokwa and Aniocha people settled among the esan who came first.

In Idumesah today,there is one quarter that produce the Okparu-Uku(Big Okpara) and the 3 quarters will produce their okpara to lead them.

Even there are older people in other three quarter,they can be crown okpara-uku.It is only people from my quarters that must get that position.Once you crown the okpara of that my mum quarter,authomatically you become Okpara-Uku of them entire Idumesah.

Other okparas in the other 3 quarters may be your senior by age but they must pay homage to you as their new leader.Just like in UAE were the king of abu-dhabi becomes the president of the country automatically when he become the king.

Initially Idumesah was made up of 7 quarters,but people in the three quarter letter return to were they came from,some remained and resettled among the modern 4 quarters of today.

My mother and her people are given that priviledge because their ancestor from ughoha settled first before the Ndokwa and aniocha people..

Deep insights!

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) / Charly Boy, Eedris Abdulkareem At The 'Revolution Now' Protest / 20 States Tinubu Is Certain To Win Come 2023 - Jumper524

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.